What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your 2023 Ballsy Callsy (1 Viewer)

A lot of pipe dreams here

But this one is not

Luke Musgrave ends up top 5 TE this year. The tools and opportunity is there for the taking
I would never say someone is crazy, but I might know where you could get fitted for a straight jacket. The #5 TE last year was Engram with 73-766-4 for a stat line. The last time a Packers tight end had 73 receptions in a season was . . . never. The last time they had a TE hit that amount of yardage was Jermichael Finley in 2011. Maybe they will change up the offense with ARod gone, but I am not sure a relatively green starting QB will target a rookie TE to the extent that he would need to to give Musgrave any chance of putting up the numbers he would need. The other potential problem, is the rookie TE issue, as they very rarely do top of the league well right out of the gate. Pitts was the one recent exception. I would vote this is a pipe dream, but we are in a throw-a-bunch-of-stuff-out-there-and-see-what-sticks thread.
Great, now I gotta bump Finley.

Baltimore finally realizes that Lamar just isn't a good QB.
Baltimore finally realizes that Lamar isn't just a good QB, he's the 2nd best one in the NFL.
Touche' and definitely ballsy. You know he'll have to basically double his historic passing averages to do that, right?
I think it's very possible that your definition of "2nd best one in the NFL" doesn't match mine. What exactly are you referring to?
It's cool. This is the "ballsy" thread. One of us may very well be right.

1-3 playoff record, career passing per game played stats of completion percentage 63.7, 174.4 yd, 1.44 TD, 0.54 INT. I think that until he can significantly improve these stats, he can't be the no. 2 QB in real life or fantasy football.
He was literally the #1 QB in 2019.

It's like saying Patrick Mahomes can't be the #1 QB unless he triples his career high rushing yardage.

Let’s start at QB.

This guy is going as the 20th QB off the board in most fantasy drafts, a deep QB2. I’m calling a top 12 finish in fantasy points. Ooohhh, how bold! I know. But easing into it.

His new OC is bringing a fresh ******* attitude along with his playbook, and he has the skill position players to help him back up this boldness. The finishing touch, his ability to use his legs to get those valuable rushing yards as a QB.

Sam Howell- Top 12 Finish 290 FP 3000/15- 500/5

At RB I’m going with a guy that has ended up on most of my rosters as a 6th round RB that I think will finish as an RB1. I believed in him last year, only to have his bum knee act up early and derail his season. But he finished strong once healed, and he’ll carry that forward into this contract year.

He gets a new offensive coordinator that runs a faster paced system that I think will mesh well with the talent on this offense. It will result in more Redzone opportunities and more TDs for my guy that has a nose for the end zone. Add a sprinkle of more quality looks in the passing game, and you get my bold prediction #2…

JK Dobbins - RB1 218 FP
900/10- 30/200/3

At WR, I’m staying with the same team. The last couple years have shown that rookie WRs can make an immediate impact. Jamar Chase, Jalen Waddle, Garret Wilson, and Chris Olave all had rookie years that far exceeded their draft positions in fantasy drafts. But people get scared of rookies. Not me. Romeo Doubs be damned.

This year, I think my man Zay is that guy. For the above mentioned reasons with the new offense, I think Zay fits in perfectly to catch a lot of WR screens and run a lot of dig and slant routes with the space created in Todd Monken’s offense. I’m a sucker for preseason flashes (to my detriment) but I think we just got a small sample of how electric this kid is with his small sample this preseason. He’s too quick to not get the ball in his hands.

He was drafted in the 8-9th rounds this fantasy season around the 45th WR off the board. I’m saying he finishes as an WR2. Ohhhhhhh so bold!

Zay Flowers WR2 185 FP
75/750/6

Rookie TE always disappoint. Always. But not this year. BOLDLY calling for 3 rookie TEs to finish as TE1s. All 3 of these guys are WR type dudes that are inserted into good offensive systems with a lot of targets to spare from last year. Sign me up.

Most of my leagues are FFPC TE premium scoring, so going off that for this bold prediction. To be a TE 1, you need 155 FP in TE premium leagues.

Kincaid, La Porta, Musgrave all reach that milestone in their rookie year.

Let’s Go! It’s game day bitches

I will limit mine to players that I have zero shares of.

1. Zeke will end up being the back to own in NE come fantasy playoff time.
  2. Gibbs will outproduce Bijan by a large margin (+5 PPG)
  3. Joshua Palmer is the WR1 for the Chargers heading into fantasy playoffs
  4. Aaron Rodgers' head will be called for by the NY media by week 7
  5. Matt LaFleur gets fired on Black Monday after this season.
  6. Tyreek Hill misses at least 4 games due to being on the commissioner's list.

Rachaad White finishes the season as a top 5 RB, and is a first round pick in fantasy drafts next year.

Let’s start at QB.

This guy is going as the 20th QB off the board in most fantasy drafts, a deep QB2. I’m calling a top 12 finish in fantasy points. Ooohhh, how bold! I know. But easing into it.

His new OC is bringing a fresh ******* attitude along with his playbook, and he has the skill position players to help him back up this boldness. The finishing touch, his ability to use his legs to get those valuable rushing yards as a QB.

Sam Howell- Top 12 Finish 290 FP 3000/15- 500/5

At RB I’m going with a guy that has ended up on most of my rosters as a 6th round RB that I think will finish as an RB1. I believed in him last year, only to have his bum knee act up early and derail his season. But he finished strong once healed, and he’ll carry that forward into this contract year.

He gets a new offensive coordinator that runs a faster paced system that I think will mesh well with the talent on this offense. It will result in more Redzone opportunities and more TDs for my guy that has a nose for the end zone. Add a sprinkle of more quality looks in the passing game, and you get my bold prediction #2…

JK Dobbins - RB1 218 FP
900/10- 30/200/3

At WR, I’m staying with the same team. The last couple years have shown that rookie WRs can make an immediate impact. Jamar Chase, Jalen Waddle, Garret Wilson, and Chris Olave all had rookie years that far exceeded their draft positions in fantasy drafts. But people get scared of rookies. Not me. Romeo Doubs be damned.

This year, I think my man Zay is that guy. For the above mentioned reasons with the new offense, I think Zay fits in perfectly to catch a lot of WR screens and run a lot of dig and slant routes with the space created in Todd Monken’s offense. I’m a sucker for preseason flashes (to my detriment) but I think we just got a small sample of how electric this kid is with his small sample this preseason. He’s too quick to not get the ball in his hands.

He was drafted in the 8-9th rounds this fantasy season around the 45th WR off the board. I’m saying he finishes as an WR2. Ohhhhhhh so bold!

Zay Flowers WR2 185 FP
75/750/6

Rookie TE always disappoint. Always. But not this year. BOLDLY calling for 3 rookie TEs to finish as TE1s. All 3 of these guys are WR type dudes that are inserted into good offensive systems with a lot of targets to spare from last year. Sign me up.

Most of my leagues are FFPC TE premium scoring, so going off that for this bold prediction. To be a TE 1, you need 155 FP in TE premium leagues.

Let’s Go! It’s game day bitches
I believe Howell is going to ball too...but only 15 TDs??? Something really went wrong if he only has 15 passing TDs with the weapons he has.

Baltimore finally realizes that Lamar isn't just a good QB, he's the 2nd best one in the NFL.
Touche' and definitely ballsy. You know he'll have to basically double his historic passing averages to do that, right?
I think it's very possible that your definition of "2nd best one in the NFL" doesn't match mine. What exactly are you referring to?

1-3 playoff record, career passing per game played stats of completion percentage 63.7, 174.4 yd, 1.44 TD, 0.54 INT. I think that until he can significantly improve these stats, he can't be the no. 2 QB in real life or fantasy football.

It's like saying Patrick Mahomes can't be the #1 QB unless he triples his career high rushing yardage.
Do you think he's going to run the ball 176 times this season?

Do you think he's going to run the ball 176 times this season?
If he plays 17 he'll come close.

Steelers passing game is a success. Pickett finishes as QB12 with some decent rushing stats, Pickens & Johnson both finish around WR20.

On defense, TJ Watt is back at full strength and finishes top 3 in DPOY voting again.

Steelers go 11-6 and win a 1st round playoff game.

I'll take the under on 3 rookie TEs finishing as TE1s in a 12-team league. There have been 2 of them in the past 12 seasons (Pitt and Engram). But it is a let's-go-crazy-let's-get-nuts thread, so this would certainly qualify.

I'll take the under on 3 rookie TEs finishing as TE1s in a 12-team league. There have been 2 of them in the past 12 seasons (Pitt and Engram). But it is a let's-go-crazy-let's-get-nuts thread, so this would certainly qualify.
Well of course. We’d all take the under. But what if the over was +2000. Cuz this is the ballsy callsy bets!!!!!

-Jaylen Warren outscores Najee and ends up RB2

-James Cook top 10 RB

-Sam Howell finishes top 12 QB

-Antonio Gibson finishes top 15

-Ty Chandler ends up taking lead back duties over Mattison by week 8

-Jayden Reed ends up the highest scoring WR in GB

-Drake London top 10 WR

I rarely post, but ballsy callsy is 1000x better than planting a flag.

Yeah, well, that’s just like your opinion, maaaaaan.
Here’s mine - Justin Fields is a total failure and through injury (possibly fake) the bears find a way to get a look at bagent, who goes on to be their qb for the next 15 years and set every franchise record.
Don’t you put that evil on my dynasty QB. :rant:
What the f*** are you talking about? The Justin fields is not the issue here, dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, dude, planting flags is not the preferred nomenclature. Ballsy callsy, please.

Dude, he’s my dynasty qb AND I’m a 40+ year Bears fan. I just am warming up to the possibility that he will never be good at throwing a football, in spite of how good he is at running one.
It’s certainly better than “will that dog hunt?”

A lot of QB washouts, including Mahomes, Rodgers, Fields, Lawrence, Lamar, and Richardson, but not Purdy, Dak, Cousins, DJones, and Howell.

Everyone pulls a hamstring and there are no games week 18
Not to get to personal, but up until 40ish I've really been involved with some form of athletics. I've had countless surgeries and injuries. No pain compares to the hamstring tear I had years ago. Hamstring injuries are brutal.

Tyler Allgeier will get a minimum of 200 carries this season, which would allow him to duplicate his exact fantasy stats from 2022. This will make him a steal at his ADP. Heck, he’s still available on some WWs.

Atlanta ran for 559 carries last season so there’s a large pie to slice from. Bijan will be the alpha, but probably be eased in to some extent during his rookie season. Yes Bijan will get the lion’s share by season’s end, but he’s not going to do it all by himself. Allgeier established himself as a competent runner last season and the coaching staff loves him. Cordarrelle Patterson is 32. This sets up for tons of opportunity for Allgeier, and I’m shocked that most of the internet seems to be sleeping on him. Guess the Bijan hype is responsible for that.

Additionally, Allgeier will be a league winning RB 1 if Bijan goes down, but Bijan is very durable, so I consider that unlikely and based my prediction above as though Bijan will play the entire season.

Last edited:
Not to get to personal, but up until 40ish I've really been involved with some form of athletics. I've had countless surgeries and injuries. No pain compares to the hamstring tear I had years ago. Hamstring injuries are brutal.
When I was a kid I was an avid soccer player. Right up until my hammy strain. That was a tough year. I didn’t trust my leg for right around 9 months. I don’t know how these dudes come back in 3-4 weeks.

Just call it planting flags. We’ve been planting flags for years. We don’t need a ballsy callsy or a gut feeling or a “profess your love for Josh Gordon” topic.

I’m prepared to plant a flag like we did back in the day. Now turn down that rap & roll and get the HELL off of my lawn!

My “ballsy callsy” (cringe): Rashod Bateman doesn’t miss a game, finishes with 80 receptions for 960 yards and 8 ReTD.

Here’s mine - Justin Fields is a total failure and through injury (possibly fake) the bears find a way to get a look at bagent, who goes on to be their qb for the next 15 years and set every franchise record.
It begins!

When I was a kid I was an avid soccer player. Right up until my hammy strain. That was a tough year. I didn’t trust my leg for right around 9 months. I don’t know how these dudes come back in 3-4 weeks.
As a disabled veteran I've had all kinds of injuries. My hamstring tear was by far the worst one I dealt with. Brutal.

Just call it planting flags. We’ve been planting flags for years. We don’t need a ballsy callsy or a gut feeling or a “profess your love for Josh Gordon” topic.

I’m prepared to plant a flag like we did back in the day. Now turn down that rap & roll and get the HELL off of my lawn!

My “ballsy callsy” (cringe): Rashod Bateman doesn’t miss a game, finishes with 80 receptions for 960 yards and 8 ReTD.

It begins!
But he wasn’t a failure - he was coming off of 2 fantastic games. And his his jury is real.

I award you zero points.

Tyler Allgeier will get a minimum of 200 carries this season, which would allow him to duplicate his exact fantasy stats from 2022. This will make him a steal at his ADP. Heck, he’s still available on some WWs.

Atlanta ran for 559 carries last season so there’s a large pie to slice from. Bijan will be the alpha, but probably be eased in to some extent during his rookie season. Yes Bijan will get the lion’s share by season’s end, but he’s not going to do it all by himself. Allgeier established himself as a competent runner last season and the coaching staff loves him. Cordarrelle Patterson is 32. This sets up for tons of opportunity for Allgeier, and I’m shocked that most of the internet seems to be sleeping on him. Guess the Bijan hype is responsible for that.

Additionally, Allgeier will be a league winning RB 1 if Bijan goes down, but Bijan is very durable, so I consider that unlikely and based my prediction above as though Bijan will play the entire season.

Has been pretty much spot on maybe minus the actual production results of said touches

Users who are viewing this thread