What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your 2023 Ballsy Callsy (1 Viewer)

I rarely post, but ballsy callsy is 1000x better than planting a flag.

Yeah, well, that’s just like your opinion, maaaaaan.
Here’s mine - Justin Fields is a total failure and through injury (possibly fake) the bears find a way to get a look at bagent, who goes on to be their qb for the next 15 years and set every franchise record.
Don’t you put that evil on my dynasty QB. :rant:
What the f*** are you talking about? The Justin fields is not the issue here, dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, dude, planting flags is not the preferred nomenclature. Ballsy callsy, please.

Dude, he’s my dynasty qb AND I’m a 40+ year Bears fan. I just am warming up to the possibility that he will never be good at throwing a football, in spite of how good he is at running one.

A lot of pipe dreams here

But this one is not

Luke Musgrave ends up top 5 TE this year. The tools and opportunity is there for the taking
I would never say someone is crazy, but I might know where you could get fitted for a straight jacket. The #5 TE last year was Engram with 73-766-4 for a stat line. The last time a Packers tight end had 73 receptions in a season was . . . never. The last time they had a TE hit that amount of yardage was Jermichael Finley in 2011. Maybe they will change up the offense with ARod gone, but I am not sure a relatively green starting QB will target a rookie TE to the extent that he would need to to give Musgrave any chance of putting up the numbers he would need. The other potential problem, is the rookie TE issue, as they very rarely do top of the league well right out of the gate. Pitts was the one recent exception. I would vote this is a pipe dream, but we are in a throw-a-bunch-of-stuff-out-there-and-see-what-sticks thread.

Baltimore finally realizes that Lamar just isn't a good QB.
Baltimore finally realizes that Lamar isn't just a good QB, he's the 2nd best one in the NFL.
Touche' and definitely ballsy. You know he'll have to basically double his historic passing averages to do that, right?
I think it's very possible that your definition of "2nd best one in the NFL" doesn't match mine. What exactly are you referring to?
It's cool. This is the "ballsy" thread. One of us may very well be right.

1-3 playoff record, career passing per game played stats of completion percentage 63.7, 174.4 yd, 1.44 TD, 0.54 INT. I think that until he can significantly improve these stats, he can't be the no. 2 QB in real life or fantasy football.

Tua plays a full season and finishes as QB6 in fantasy

Dobbins has a big season and finishes top 12 among fantasy RB

Bateman leads all Ravens in receiving yards

Dell emerges as the Texans WR1

Full disclosure: I own all these except Dobbins (who I wish I had)

1. Trevor Lawrence cracks his way into the QB big 3. Mahomes drops out (still the best QB in the NFL though)
2. Hockensen finishes as TE 1
3. Despite Zeke's presence Rhamondre finishes as a top 5 back.
4. Joining him in the top 5 are Chubb, Mixon, Bijan and J Jacobs
5. James Cook cracks into the top 10 RB has a Tony Pollard 2022 type of season
6. Ridley and Kirk both have top 10 WR seasons
7. AJ Brown and CeeDee Lamb (while having decent seasons) fall out of the top 10
8. Zay Flowers cracks the top 15
9. Tee Higgins and DK Metcalf fall out of the top 20
10. Waller's injury history rears it's ugly head again and he's ends up outside the top 10 TE (not really bold here but needed 1 more)

Conference Championship games are Giants-Saints and Pats-Steelers

Also, Sam Darnold wins a playoff game against fellow ex-Jet Geno Smith. Mike White feels left out.

Hmmmm.....ballsy.....

Patriots go 5-1 in their division with their sole loss vs Jets at Gillette Stadium.

Jimmy Garapolo exceeds 5000 yards passing and the Raiders finish with a losing record.

The Titans steal their division over a disappointing Jags team, but Tannehill doesn't get paid / extended.

The Lions lose the NFC Championship game to the Saints.

The wildcard Bills beat New England, Pittsburg and Kansas City on their way to beating the Saints in the SB. Gabe Davis is the MVP.

T Law a top 5 QB and Jags get #1 AFC Seed.

Mattison outscores all RB in division but Vikings finish last in NFC North

Drake London finishes as Top 12 WR, Kyle Pitts outside of top 10 TE.

Terry McLaurin and Jahan Dotson combine for more fantasy points than any other WR duo in the NFC

Pickett finishes as top 12 QB and Steelers make playoffs

Patriots finish below .500, last in AFC East and they draft a QB.

Texans end the season with a better record than Titans, end of Tannehill and Henry in Tennessee

Baker Mayfield is a streaming worthy QB play in a pinch.

Saints tight end Juwan Johnson, scores 10 touchdowns this year

Nico Collins finishes as a top 20 wide receiver

James Cook ends the season with 1700 yards from scrimmage, and at least eight touchdowns

Calvin Ridley has 90 receptions 1400 yards and 10 touchdowns

Khalil Herbert has 1500 yards from scrimmage and finishes this season as a top 15 running back

A lot of pipe dreams here

But this one is not

Luke Musgrave ends up top 5 TE this year. The tools and opportunity is there for the taking
Because rookie tight ends are historically extremely productive.

/s

Still a ballsy callsy and I hate @Soulfly3 soooooooo much for that topic title making me type that. 😠

Nico Collins is the most criminally underrated WR at ADP in the past 5 years and finishes inside the top 20 WR
This one seems like a regular call. I have no idea how I keep landing him in the 8-9th rounds, but I have him everywhere. Tank Dell is 4’3” & went before Collins in one of my leagues. Madness.
Tank Dell was drafted in my league last night and I had never heard of him until then. Oh, and I got Nico Collins as well.

Tank Dell was drafted in my league last night and I had never heard of him until then. Oh, and I got Nico Collins as well.
I’ve heard of him - he’s super buzzy since he was apparently drafted at the request of Stroud.

That said, he’s also 4th on the depth chart. But that said, Metchie has a hammy injury, so who knows.

From what I’ve read the only thing resembling an alpha receiver in HOU is Collins.

after this season aaron rodgers will hold 3 jet qb records; 1) most tds one season 2) most yards one season 3) most completions one season.

after this season aaron rodgers will hold 3 jet qb records; 1) most tds one season 2) most yards one season 3) most completions one season.
Not really ballsy
Yards 4007 Namath
TDs 31 Fitzmagic
Completions 343 Favre

Pretty amazing that no Jets QB has broken 4000 yards since Joe Willie did it in the 1967 and that Fitzmagic is your all time leader in TDs passes for a season with a whopping 31.

Not really ballsy
Yards 4007 Namath
TDs 31 Fitzmagic
Completions 343 Favre

Pretty amazing that no Jets QB has broken 4000 yards since Joe Willie did it in the 1967 and that Fitzmagic is your all time leader in TDs passes for a season with a whopping 31.
All these are easy gets with the additional game.

Patriots “earn” pick no. 3 overall pick in next year’s draft.

Rondale Moore leads the cards in receptions with 85-1,000-6.

Broncos offense is worse in 2023 than in 2022 and Russell Wilson gets benched.

Geno Smith improves on 2022 and ends the season as Top 5 QB.

ETN finishes top 5 in the RB year end rankings.

Charbonet finishes within 20 fantasy points of Kenny Walker after forcing a full blown RRBC.

Tua stays mostly healthy but the Dolphins are ready to move on in 2024 after he disappoints and Phins miss the playoffs.

Travis Kelce struggles with injuries all season and finishes outside of the Top 5 TEs.

Calvin Ridley is a first round fantasy football pick in 2024 after a Top 10 finish in 2023.

AFC Championship game: Cincinnati over NYJ.

Dallas Cowboys win the NFC East and the No. 1 seed, but lose to the 6 seed Vikings in the Divisional Round.

Not really ballsy
Yards 4007 Namath
TDs 31 Fitzmagic
Completions 343 Favre

That’s still better than the Bears team records. They’ve been around forever and the team high is 3,838 and 29.

Not really ballsy
Yards 4007 Namath
TDs 31 Fitzmagic
Completions 343 Favre

Decided to look at the 49ers records. High powered offense. Must be off the charts, right?

Yards: 4238 Jeff Garcia
TDs: 36 Steve Young
Completions: 355 Jeff Garcia

Only 6 times in team history has a QB thrown for 30 TDs in a season. Young did it twice. Garcia did it twice. Montana and Brodie once each. Only 3 seasons with 4000 yards passing. Young twice and Garcia once.

In comparison, Kirk Cousins has thrown for 4000 yards in 7 of the last 8 seasons and thrown for 30 plus TDs 3 times and had another 2 seasons with 29.

Not really ballsy
Yards 4007 Namath
TDs 31 Fitzmagic
Completions 343 Favre

Decided to look at the 49ers records. High powered offense. Must be off the charts, right?

Yards: 4238 Jeff Garcia
TDs: 36 Steve Young
Completions: 355 Jeff Garcia

Only 6 times in team history has a QB thrown for 30 TDs in a season. Young did it twice. Garcia did it twice. Montana and Brodie once each. Only 3 seasons with 4000 yards passing. Young twice and Garcia once.

In comparison, Kirk Cousins has thrown for 4000 yards in 7 of the last 8 seasons and thrown for 30 plus TDs 3 times and had another 2 seasons with 29.
The Niners have always seemed to be much more about efficiency than outsized production. Which is a big reason why the Lance draft pick was so puzzling in the first place.

Last edited:
Clyde Edwards mid season takes over and becomes Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson 3.0
He’s unrostered in all 3 of my leagues and I’m kicking myself for not grabbing him off waivers last night just to see what his involvement is tonight.

Fantasy Radio Jeff Ratcliffe was predicting he may have more involvement tonight than people think. But I have no source other than my local radio commute to back that up.

Not really ballsy
Yards 4007 Namath
TDs 31 Fitzmagic
Completions 343 Favre

That’s still better than the Bears team records. They’ve been around forever and the team high is 3,838 and 29.
Since this was brought up . . . number of individual 4K / 30 TD seasons by franchise . . .

GBP 17 / 17
LAC 17 / 10
IND 16 / 10
NEP 13 / 8
NOS 12 / 10
DET 12 / 3
KCC 11 / 5
ATL 11 / 5
NYG 9 / 5
MIN 8 / 8
MIA 8 / 4
LAR 7 / 6
TBB 7 / 3
DAL 6 / 6
CIN 6 / 4
PIT 6 / 4
DEN 6 / 3
LVR 6 / 3
SEA 5 / 7
ARI 5 / 2
HOU 5 / 1
WAS 5 / 1
BUF 4 / 4
SFO 3 / 6
JAC 3 / 1
TEN 2 / 3
BAL 2 / 2
CAR 2 / 2
PHI 1 / 4
CLE 1 / 1
NYJ 1 / 1
CHI 0 / 0

Ballsy you say...hmmm......

1. Daniel Jones is the top fantasy quarterback in The NFC ( second to LaMar Jackson overall)

2. The New Orleans Saints win The NFC Championship

3. The J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets finish last in The AFC East

4. The Baltimore Ravens defeat The New Orleans Saints in the 2024 Super Bowl

5. The Cleveland Browns make the playoffs

6. Three teams from The NFC East make the playoffs,and one of them is NOT The Dallas Cowboys

7. Zay Flowers is the highest scoring rookie in fantasy

8. Russell Wilson is benched before December

9. Geno Smith and Brock Purdy come back to Earth and The Los Angeles Rams win The NFC West

10. The NFL announces The 2028 NFL Draft will be held in London,England
⛳ : 👏

Users who are viewing this thread