What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your first ever draft pick (1 Viewer)

2003 - Ricky Williams 1.01, William Green (2.12), and Peyton (3.01)

First year playing FF, me and friend split a team and since that season we both still play in the league although we manage our own teams now.

1995, took over a really bad team in a 16 team keep 9 league. another owner glanced at my cheatsheet/notes when i went to take a leak and scooped curtis martin (even though he had never heard of him beforehand). i was so incensed i cursed him that day and said he would never win a title (and he didn't and still hasn't). i was left with james little man stewart of jacksonville.

1991, Warren Moon. It was a six team league (well, that's all the people we knew who were weird enough to play this game) and I still ended up with a crap-fest for players.

Next year I picked Thurman Thomas and did much, much better.

Brutal first year. Jamal Anderson and Antonio Freeman back to back picks in '99. Jamal tears up his knee on MNF week 2, and Freeman played "fat and happy" after signing that big contract.

Derrick Fenner coming off a 15 touchdown season in Seattle. I was new and he was on the cover of Fantasy Football Index. I think that magazine disappeared about six years ago when they touted Tatum Bell as the second coming.

I love seeing the various picks from different eras...long ago or pretty recent.

I remember my second pick was John Elway. I had not strategy and went based on players I felt were good in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread