What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Z-Nation: Zombie Show on SyFy, premiers Sept 12th (4 Viewers)

schticky, schlocky, b-movie quality grittiness, plot holes to drive mack trucks through but in the end, its oddly satisfying.

Too lazy to read... should I watch this or not? I like zombie movies, but don't like crappy Syfy movies like Sharktopus.
I would say definitely. go in with low expectations and expecting a "fun" show. good little story line, but you have to not take it too seriously and i am sure you will groan at some parts (i.e. ending of first episode). but i love it, i stay stick with it and if you enjoy the 1st and or 2nd you will love the series. if not it might not be your thing. but they have some good episodes with good story lines.

and they are for real when they say no one is safe in this show

I was thinking this wasn't too terrible until the Liberty Bell scene. I might not make it any further.

Stupid show and I'm looking forward to S2.
with the way season 1 ended, not sure they could have a season 2? maybe i'm misremembering...
You are remembering correctly.

But they are having a season 2. Second season of 15 episodes starts on September 11th. It is going to take a whale of a reset button to fix the end of season 1 :)

The season ends with a cliffhanger, as Murphy's exit from the containment lab without proper decontamination triggers the launch of tactical nuclear weapons, shown headed for the lab as well as the NSA site from which Citizen Z operates.

Okay, I finished season 1. The show really took a turn around episode 6 - it's losing its self awareness and turning into another character drama. A few episodes were genuinely good, which is probably a bad sign for the show. I'll be back.

I have a question about the episode where Citizen Z hallucinates about the Russian cosmonaut.

Did Z hallucinate the capsule crashing? My first thought was that it really did crash because they went out of their way to put on the screen that there were no lifeforms aboard but now I am not sure.

I have a question about the episode where Citizen Z hallucinates about the Russian cosmonaut.

Did Z hallucinate the capsule crashing? My first thought was that it really did crash because they went out of their way to put on the screen that there were no lifeforms aboard but now I am not sure.
My take: It crashed, no one alive.

My take is that there was no crash... my memory is that the crash happened after he took down the ringing alarm. Anything that happened after that is unreliable.

I just realized that Z Nation is getting that old U2 song Zoo Station in my head. I was wondering where that came from.

My take is that there was no crash... my memory is that the crash happened after he took down the ringing alarm. Anything that happened after that is unreliable.
I went back and checked and your memory is correct. Just after the alarm goes off, he sees the radar telling him something is going to crash.

But I still get stuck on why the writers focused on the computer saying that there were no life forms aboard...

I went back and checked and your memory is correct. Just after the alarm goes off, he sees the radar telling him something is going to crash.

But I still get stuck on why the writers focused on the computer saying that there were no life forms aboard...
because they were zombies.............

Reminder, Season 2 kicks off on Friday at 10:00pm.

From looking at the description of the episode, it looks like it will be picking up right from the cliff hanger of Season 1

From looking at the description of the episode, it looks like it will be picking up right from the cliff hanger of Season 1
It's been something like 2 weeks and I already can't remember the cliff hanger. Can you give us some spoiler tags and bring us up to speed?

It's been something like 2 weeks and I already can't remember the cliff hanger. Can you give us some spoiler tags and bring us up to speed?
Murphy sheds his skin

Nukes have been launched at multiple locations including Northern Lights

Casandra semi zombified

Doc is near death

Dr. Kurian is still at large

Fans might want to watch Cockneys vs. Zombies. There was a good hooligan fight in there.

I enjoyed the first episode for season 2.

I should know better than to ask questions but out of curiosity, where did the Z's come from that attacked Northern Lights? I know they showed them coming out of the plane. Did that have something to do with the nuke?

I should know better than to ask questions but out of curiosity, where did the Z's come from that attacked Northern Lights? I know they showed them coming out of the plane. Did that have something to do with the nuke?
It was the plane that left Citizen Z behind. It crashed at takeoff.

In one of the opening scenes, the black chick saving the girls life: That scene was almost as good as any Walking Dead scene as far as zombie kills go. Pretty well done for their budget. I was impressed.

Only three episodes in and loving the humor aspect of the show. I find it funny as hell how these Z's go from a baby track star to totally lethargic Z's who you can just push out of the way casually (as they did climbing up the steps of the refinery). Also loved the fact that the little hand crank from a music box sounds like an amped up Good Humor truck. It was so loud I expected my kids to come running down the stairs asking me to buy them ice cream.

Only three episodes in and loving the humor aspect of the show. I find it funny as hell how these Z's go from a baby track star to totally lethargic Z's who you can just push out of the way casually (as they did climbing up the steps of the refinery). Also loved the fact that the little hand crank from a music box sounds like an amped up Good Humor truck. It was so loud I expected my kids to come running down the stairs asking me to buy them ice cream.
I think the show goes on the premise that the newer Z's are faster but get slower as they rot.

I think the show goes on the premise that the newer Z's are faster but get slower as they rot.
Thanks for the input. I kind of just look at it as a campy Z show and enjoy the hokiness. That baby scene was great. The best part of it was that it killed off Hammond. I would not have gone into the second show with that guy still around. His sounded too much like Chris Rock without the humor.

Thanks for the input. I kind of just look at it as a campy Z show and enjoy the hokiness. That baby scene was great. The best part of it was that it killed off Hammond. I would not have gone into the second show with that guy still around. His sounded too much like Chris Rock without the humor.
i was very surprised he died since he was the biggest name in the relatively no name cast.

i was very surprised he died since he was the biggest name in the relatively no name cast.
I was surprised as well - although mine was a pleasantly surprised. haha

Zombie Baby - 1

Annoying Chris Rock wannabe - 0

It was the plane that left Citizen Z behind. It crashed at takeoff.
But why did the Z's attack now months later?
They thawed out when the air defenses intercepted the nuke over the base?

Second episode was decent.

You kind of need to ignore

Doc going from half dead to sprinting and fighting
but other than that it was fun.

What do you guys feel the meaning was of all the various flash backs?

Loved episode 2....pure zombie non stop action ....but why do people care about money ? (bounty hunters)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many negatives and shake your head moments, but there is no denying that this is good entertainment. Just sit back and watch and turn off your reality senses. Many of the zombie/human kills are every bit as good as Walking Dead. And that's saying A LOT for a show on that channel.

I wonder what they are going to do with Citizen Z going forward? Last season was near perfect as we got a look at a different part of an apocalypse which was abject loneliness.

Hopefully they won't just have him fighting the Nuke Z's all season and have a plan for his character.

Users who are viewing this thread