What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Z-Nation: Zombie Show on SyFy, premiers Sept 12th (4 Viewers)

I wonder what they are going to do with Citizen Z going forward? Last season was near perfect as we got a look at a different part of an apocalypse which was abject loneliness.

Hopefully they won't just have him fighting the Nuke Z's all season and have a plan for his character.
It seemed like the thawed zombies are done now. Based on the nukes and Doc's gunshot wound, I'm betting that he ends up finding a backup communication room undamaged and we'll be back to normal.

i'll take this over Fear the Walking Dead every single time
I don't like putting down shows in threads and I know FTWD is early still but I totally agree with you.

This Z Nation show just flat out is about entertainment with just the slightest wink towards the audience.

I stated this in the TWD thread, but also wanted to post it here. I thought the first 10-15 minutes of the latest episode was as good, if not better, than anything TWD has done.

I am finally all caught up with Season 2.

I have not enjoyed this season as much as 1 but it is still keeping my interest. I think the show misses Citizen Z as its anchor as it appears the writers really have no idea how to keep him involved in the story.

I stated this in the TWD thread, but also wanted to post it here. I thought the first 10-15 minutes of the latest episode was as good, if not better, than anything TWD has done.
Not sure why it matter. These are completely different shows.

You may as well compare Breaking Bad to Family Guy

I finished Season 2 last night.

They said at the end that Season 3 will start in 2016 so it looks like they have been renewed.

I have no idea where they are going with the Citizen Z ending but hopefully they tie it back to the group more this season.

Season 2 is on Netflix. I'm about 10 episodes in. It has its crap moments, but I like it.

Is there a list of all the references in the Rozwell episode? MIB, Jurassic Park, X Files, Predator, Aliens, Galaxy Quest. What was the reference to a guy from Iowa who thought he was a starship captain?

ETA: Ah, that's where Captain Kirk is from. So Star Trek too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone giving this season a watch?

I have only watched the first double episode (which is a flash back 2 hour movie type of show set during season 2) and watched the first real episode for season 3.

If you liked the first two seasons, the start of this season appears similar in quality.   I have no idea where they are going with Citizen Z's story line but I hope he some how ties in down the line.

Anyone giving this season a watch?

I have only watched the first double episode (which is a flash back 2 hour movie type of show set during season 2) and watched the first real episode for season 3.

If you liked the first two seasons, the start of this season appears similar in quality.   I have no idea where they are going with Citizen Z's story line but I hope he some how ties in down the line.
i have watched the first couple of episodes, might be behind 1, possibly 2. Still a good watch, but not in a rush to catch it as before (i think the overall plot is transitioning so wondering where they will take it)

catching up on some episodes now. Love the one where their old buddy Skeetch is running for president and his platform is to build a giant wall and make the Z's build it.  :lmao:

I just finished season 3.  They upped the crazy factor this season but it is still a more enjoyable series than Fear The Walking Dead for me.

Z Nation has been approved for Season 4.

I'm fine with this show doing stupid stuff because it intends to do stupid stuff.  The Walking Dead does stupid stuff and thinks it's art.

Season 4 starts on Friday 9/29. 
I like that it is the final season too. Fun show, but I do think it is good idea to wrap it up and not try to drag it on for 7-8+ seasons. Put a bow on this one, and make another zombie show after if they have enough plot lines.

I like that it is the final season too. Fun show, but I do think it is good idea to wrap it up and not try to drag it on for 7-8+ seasons. Put a bow on this one, and make another zombie show after if they have enough plot lines.
is this for sure? I couldn't confirm with a quick google search.

I finished up Season 4 last night.  After what I would call and up and down season in terms of quality, it really all came together at the end pretty nicely.  I won't add any spoilers for those that have not yet seen it.

Also, it has officially been renewed for Season 5.

The little show that could keeps plugging along.

I really found the first few episodes of season 4 to be garbage.  They all felt like a 2-hour movie had been choppped down to 30 minutes and made incomprehensible.  It's a funny zombie show - don't make me think so much.

I really found the first few episodes of season 4 to be garbage.  They all felt like a 2-hour movie had been choppped down to 30 minutes and made incomprehensible.  It's a funny zombie show - don't make me think so much.
it is really choppy in the beginning.  But with out giving things away, it actually all comes together at the end.  if you liked season 1-3, continue with this season.

catching up on the season now. honestly think it may have surpassed Walking Dead. the death mid-season hit me harder then any TWD death in a long time, and following that up with them running into a Jugalo gang is pure fun

speaking of which, footballguys should make a jugalo emoticon

at least watch episode 7 bud. Juggalos and zombies are just such an awesome combo, should win an emmy

first, quick note to all. DO not search for this thread by looking up "Z Nation". i had 8 trillion political threads clog in the way.

Anyway, catching up on the latest season. Honestly, this show is way underrated. Good story line this year again, and great job keeping it still interesting. Show knows what makes it good and knows how to please the audience. Recommend to all to keep up with it and check out the latest season. Good fun

this latest season has been fun (just like all the others).

I am still impressed how the show can walk the line between being self aware and not being an out right parody.

The weird ideas they come up some how just work.

I finished up Season 5, which as it turns out is the last.  The series has been cancelled.

Netflix has ordered one 8 episode season of a prequel, called Black Summer.

I gave up three episodes into the final season.  It was a fun three seasons, a mess of a fourth season, and the fifth was 0% fun.

Users who are viewing this thread