What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zac Stacy Hype Train - Rams (1 Viewer)

Interested in a first-hand report from someone whom we have no reason to believe is credible (or not)? Well here it is....

Brawley Darbon@brawlzsohard17m
Btw chatted with Zac Stacy after the game today, said he was fine and good to go next week
David Wilson was spouting the same thing after his injury....point is hes not a doctor ...hes a competitor
Absolutely, but it's certainly better than any number of other conditions he could have self-reported.

I'd rather have him healthy for the playoffs than week 13. If it takes a week to get back to 100%, than sit out. Just be ready to go week 14.

Sad thing is Zac was going to have a monster day against the Bears. Probably another 15-20 points.

Slapdash said:
steveski said:
Bump Stacy!
He's already pretty damn high in my book. This OL is going to be stacked.
It's the right pick for a team that was also strongly linked to Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews. Robinson (6-foot-5, 332) won't turn 22 until October after leaving Auburn as a redshirt sophomore. He made 25 starts at left tackle for the Tigers, blocking out the sun for the nation's top rushing offense

The wrong way now.Seems like all the teams with young promising RBs drafted a new guy early this year.

Stacy, Gio, Martin, Lattimore. All not so safe anymore in dynasty.
Lattimore was no guarantee to be anything

THe problem w Gio and Martin was pretty much below replacement level talent behind them

The Sims pic is weird but that dude can catch.

Zac Stacy was a 5th round pick who did well with his chance now he will have to work to keep it, personally I like Mason better than him, more upside, more homerun potential plus he runs behind is college stud OT

Last edited by a moderator:
Well with the Jets, there is no GM-anointed, Gurley-level talent blocking him at the top, but it's still a pretty crowded situation. For Stacy's sake I was hoping he landed in Dallas. Could be worse I guess.

Any guesses where this kids dynasty value is at right now?
Not sure but I'll tell ya what....there are not a lot of exciting rbs out there right now.
It's so tough to build a career off of two games, but it'd be tough for me to deal him right now.

I'd still have him behind (in no order)

Charles

Lynch

McCoy

Forte

Peterson

I'd probably have Martin, Spiller and Bernard ahead of him, but couldn't call someone crazy for disagreeing.

Then there's the group of Lacy, Richardson, Foster, Rice, Bush, Morris, Murray, Johnson, Ridley, Miller, Bell, Ball, Moreno and Wilson.

I'm not sure I'd trade Stacy for any one in the next group.

Wish I had started him this week, but was trying to keep him eligible for Taxi-squad. I'm an idiot.
Fun looking back isn't it.

Why would they draft another RB? Or at least, why would they use a high pick on a RB when Stacy has played this well? I would have thought the team has more pressing needs now and the best case scenario for a RB they draft would be that he comes in and performs like Stacy! I could see them using a late pick on a RB but it would still be Stacy's job to lose.

Why would they draft another RB? Or at least,

why would they use a high pick on a RB when Stacy has played this well? I would have thought the team has more pressing needs now and the best case scenario for a RB they draft would be

that he comes in and performs like Stacy! I could see them using a late pick on a RB but it would still be Stacy's job to lose.
LOL, appreciate the quote, how misguided I was! I guess a year or so is a long time in football.

I do think though that the bagging of Stacy has become a bit over the top. A lot of people liked him as a post draft sleeper and when he moved up the depth chart and got a shot, he played very well. He was tough and productive. People seem to forget this. After that season, it would have been fair to think of him as the starter going forward, given the apparent devaluing of

the RB position.

Now every blurb on Rotoworld re Stacy talks as if he's a hopeless RB and one of the most plodding and undynamic backs ever seen in the NFL and can't help bringing up the dreaded Shonn Greene comparison. Now he goes to the Jets, which is undoubtedly a better situation for him and everyone just says he's worse than Ivory and Ridley and he's still terrible. Ivory is a better runner but he's not much worse than Ridley, if at all. I still think he's a good RB and the hate has gone too far.

Yeah, Ridley is just a solid guy to me... nothing wrong with that, solid is a positive. Pre-injury Ridley was a bit more sudden than Stacy. Post-injury, I'm not sure that Stacy isn't an upgrade. We'll see how it shakes out.

I've always liked Ivory, but he is no iron man...

dude, ridley buries stacy

stacy was traded for a 7th round pick, just now, with which the rams took a guy who hopes to stick on special teams ---- bryce brown garnered a 4th, and I think he's on the landscaping crew.

I don't think stacy's terrible, but the hype on him was way out of control, and apparently lives on in the hearts a few diehards.

Stacy is a serviceable back, that's all. Nothing special nothing disappointing. Put him in and he can hold down your run game.

stacy was traded for a 7th round pick, just now, with which the rams took a guy who hopes to stick on special teams ---- bryce brown garnered

a 4th, and I think he's on the landscaping crew.

I don't think stacy's terrible, but the hype on him was way out of control, and apparently lives on

in the hearts a few diehards.
I'm not a diehard by any stretch. I'm just saying that every Rotoworld blurb acts like he's a completely awful NFL back, which I don't think is the case. It's that idea that you can only be great or terrible.

Ridley benefited greatly from situation, Stacy suffered greatly because of his. IMO, Ridley's "prowess" is overstated. I like Stacy more than most, but I ultimately think both guys are just solid, which means they are replaceable.

Now every blurb on Rotoworld re Stacy talks as if he's a hopeless RB and one of the most plodding and undynamic backs ever seen in the NFL and can't help bringing up the dreaded Shonn Greene comparison.
To be fair they did label him a "rich mans" Shonn Greene.

But don't let me defend Rotoworld, their latest blurb on Stacy was dumb when they said he wanted out of the St. Louis because he was buried on the depth chart and now finds himself in the same position. Just dumb, Ridley and Ivory are not exactly Gurley and Mason

For what it's worth I don't think much of Stacy but he's serviceable for a stretch and as good as any RB on the Jets right now which is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

stacy was traded for a 7th round pick, just now, with which the rams took a guy who hopes to stick on special teams ---- bryce brown garnered a 4th, and I think he's on the landscaping crew.

I don't think stacy's terrible, but the hype on him was way out of control, and apparently lives on in the hearts a few diehards.
Wat? Ridley got like $80k guaranteed on a tiny 1 year contract. He buries no one.

Wat? Ridley got like $80k guaranteed on a tiny 1 year contract. He buries no one.
While Ridley may be the most complete back of the three, my guess is he ends up being the odd man out between Ivory, Stacy and him (if they don't keep all three - and I do think Powell is a lock due to his third down role), if only because of his contract and the fact that his ACL recovery may get him off to a slow start. I could see all three making it if they don't keep a fullback, maybe - Bohanon and Connors aren't all that great in that role. I dont think Gailey uses a FB much.

Ridley did get a Jets tatoo already, so for that I'd kind of like to see him stick around. :)

has anyone traded for him/dealt him? Curious as to what he it takes to get him or what kind of ROI people are getting for him after the monster game?
Decided to keep him over Morris in a trade I put together. Not to many 3 down backs/gl backs left.
So did I. Might regret not jumping on Morris but two games where a scrub back vultures three TDs and the fact that he doesn't catch has me wary of him.
It's fun looking back on things like this. I totally forgot about this and when reading it now I was surprised I didn't pull the trigger on that trade. But it turns out that Stacy was the better play with 66.5 FP to 51.3 FP for Morris.

It's nice to see when you get one right. I only seem to remember the ones I ####ed up like Jeff George in the first round of 1996 (2 QB league) or crowing like a loon in 1997 when I landed Emmitt Smith & Curtis Martin, who combined for 32 TDs in 1996. Yeah they combined for 9 total TDs that year.

Any guesses where this kids dynasty value is at right now?
Not sure but I'll tell ya what....there are not a lot of exciting rbs out there right now.
It's so tough to build a career off of two games, but it'd be tough for me to deal him right now.

I'd still have him behind (in no order)

Charles

Lynch

McCoy

Forte

Peterson

I'd probably have Martin, Spiller and Bernard ahead of him, but couldn't call someone crazy for disagreeing.

Then there's the group of Lacy, Richardson, Foster, Rice, Bush, Morris, Murray, Johnson, Ridley, Miller, Bell, Ball, Moreno and Wilson.

I'm not sure I'd trade Stacy for any one in the next group.

Wish I had started him this week, but was trying to keep him eligible for Taxi-squad. I'm an idiot.
Fun looking back isn't it.
LOL, there's a reason I've got the second pick this year. In that second group I specifically meant only David Wilson.

Users who are viewing this thread