What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zyphros' Rankings (Updated 2/11) (2 Viewers)

Rotoworld has it as Coleman early downs with Breida all over the formation with McKinnon losing ground with his injury keeping him out.
 Beat writers at camp said on the radio that Breida has been the most impressive back. 

I like Coleman & think he’s a value pick. His history with Shanahan, and his size/speed combo, combined with McKinnon’s inability to get healthy makes him intriguing. 

I’m just saying what I’ve been hearing on the radio. Breida’s been making plays in camp.  :shrug:

If/when McKinnon is healthy it could be a 3-headed committee. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah and?  Coleman failed in every opportunity to be the lead back in ATL, why do you think the 49er's will be any different?  Because of Shanahan?

McKinnon was the big contract signing last year and then he got hurt, he has the ability (just like Coleman) but we haven't seen him fail/succeed yet.  Breida passed every test last year while being hurt, he's in the mix and he could take it over pushing those other 2 aside to fight for the rotation when Breida needs a break.  I've found McKinnon and Breida to be cheaper as well so I'll happily take them over Coleman.  Breida being the youngest of the bunch gets the higher ranking for dynasty purposes. 
I was a huge McKinnon fan last year to the point I send a late 1st for him then signed him for a 3 year contract at around 15% of my max cap.  A SPARQ freak who was finally getting his chance to shine in ppr seemed like a gimme rb1.  Then he tore his acl and the rest of my roster followed suit to a 2nd to last place finish with the dubious award of most players on ir.

That aside, as the summer has moved on and McKinnon has had vague setback followed by vague setback I can only see his vaunted athleticism being drained.   While you are probably right about Coleman not being the best rb in that backfield (it's probably Breida) he should get the most "early down" touches at least for this season. Add in Breida being constantly injured (although the guy is tough as balls and always plays through) Shanny (imo) is going to go with the guy he prefers.  If I remember correctly none of the three are signed to gaurenteed contracts for next season.

Again, my opinion, the starting running back the 9ers next season is still in college.

Let's update this with some mid season dynasty rankings.  I think it's obvious there are a lot of things that'll change from here on out, but at least this is how I see the rookies from 2019 falling into the dynasty landscape picture a bit.  Most of them have had a good showing so far (at least the higher profile ones) so those have vaulted up a bit.  Anyways let's get into it.  

WR's first, I'll post the RB's tomorrow, TE's and QB's the day after

Tier 1 - (1) DeAndre Hopkins, (2) Michael Thomas, (3) JuJu Smith-Schuster, (4) Chris Godwin

Tier 2 - (5) Amari Cooper, (6) Odell Beckham, (7) Mike Evans, (8) Davante Adams, (9) Keenan Allen

Tier 3 - (10) Tyreek Hill DND, (11) Cooper Kupp, (12) Kenny Golladay, (13) DJ Moore, (14) Stefon Diggs, (15) Julio Jones, (16) Tyler Lockett, (17) TY Hilton DND, (18) Adam Thielen DND, (19) Courtland Sutton, (20) AJ Brown

Tier 4 - (21) AJ Green DND, (22) Terry McLaurin, (23) Michael Gallup, (24) DJ Chark, (25) DK Metcalf, (26) Tyler Boyd, (27) Preston Williams, (28) Allen Robinson, (29) Robert Woods, (30) Corey Davis, (31) Christian Kirk, (32) Calvin Ridley, (33) Deebo Samuel, (34) N'Keal Harry

Tier 5 -  (35) Brandin Cooks, (36) Curtis Samuel, (37) Alshon Jeffery DND, (38) Sterling Shepard, (39) Marquise Brown, (40) Mecole Hardman, (41) Will Fuller, (42) Parris Campbell, (43) Antonio Brown DND, (44) Dante Pettis

Tier 6 - (45) Robby Anderson, (46) Mike Williams, (47) Diontae Johnson, (48) Jarvis Landry, (49) Julien Edelman, (50) Miles Boykin, (51) Marvin Jones DND, (52) Larry Fitzgerald DND, (53) JJ Arcega-Whiteside, (54) Josh Reynolds, (55) Tyrell Williams, (56) Marquez Valdes-Scantling, (57) Jalen Hurd, (58) Andy Isabella

The way I broke the 1st and 2nd tier down is that the top2 are studs with/without elite QB play.  Nuk was so productive with guys like Tom Savage and he'll be fine without Watson if anything happens future wise, but it obviously helps him a lot to be paired long term with Watson.  Same with MT who's now proven that he's productive with Bridgewater through the season.  Then you have the ultra young duo in JuJu and Godwin who can be staples of a dynasty team (wouldn't fault anyone for having them #1 and #2).  Can't say the same with the 2nd tier as it's mostly guys who are the same age, who are elite but haven't fared as well with bad QB play.  JuJu and Godwin get the nod because of their age and it's a safe pick that won't deteriorate value.  Anyone in Tier 2 could start plummeting any year now if their situations don't improve, all carry some skepticism, but they are the elite group of WR's.  

Tier 3 is basically guys that are steady or ceiling players without as much of a floor as Tier 2, not quite elite, but very good.  Or aged vets who are super productive still, usually with a DND classification for me.  In terms of 2020 rookies, I imagine there's at least 3 WR's I would end up putting in this tier.  Probably near 15 but I really don't know yet.  But this is definitely where I'd start sprinkling in the rookies.  

Tier 4 you get to the rookie WR's from 2019 mostly and young guys making a case for a push.  Some have already pushed rather high (McLaurin and Chark), some have yet to do a whole lot but it's clear to see improvement coming (Deebo).  I would likely have a tier break after Metcalf if I was comfortable with the QB outlook for those guys 19-24, but I don't so they're grouped with others 25-33. 

Then you move into Tier 5 which is guys that seem like they could be really good #2's for an offense, maybe decent WR3's for a fantasy team with some boom weeks mixed in.  I wouldn't hate having any on my teams, but I wouldn't feel comfortable starting most of them either.  

To finish the tiers I have completed was Tier 6, a group of WR's who are depth fill in types or long shot young guys that could be nice stashes for shallower leagues.  I feel like their floor in general is lower than Tier 5 players, but the ceiling could be about the same.  

**Noteable guys not in my rankings.  Sammy Watkins, Hakeem Butler, James Washington, Daeshawn Hamilton, Josh Gordon, Emmanuel Sanders.  I think that covers most names.  As always let me know some thoughts, maybe a guy I forgot here or in the rankings.  

Looks good overall - one at a glance that seemed low was Hollywood Brown.  I know he’s hurt right now but he certainly flashed early on.  What was the thought process behind putting him a full tier behind some of the other 1st and 2nd year breakout guys like McLaurin and Chark?

Ted Lange as your Bartender said:
Looks good overall - one at a glance that seemed low was Hollywood Brown.  I know he’s hurt right now but he certainly flashed early on.  What was the thought process behind putting him a full tier behind some of the other 1st and 2nd year breakout guys like McLaurin and Chark?
Solid #2, not a true #1 is the basics of it.  All ceiling no floor.  I haven't seen him prove me wrong on my rookie evaluation yet.  Chark has had the benefit of having more than a year in the league, but he's proved me wrong.  McLaurin, and Chark to a lesser extent, they're more versatile than Brown has shown.  I'd have him higher if this were for bestball, but not for dynasty set a lineup type of ranking.  

Tool said:
I have Kupp and Hill and wouldn’t even consider trading either for Schuster
You gain 3 1/2 years going from Kupp to JuJu, 2 1/2 from Hill.  I think it comes down to your view on the QB's though.  Worst case it's Rudolph and JuJu paired long term, I don't see that as a bad thing.  Of course you have Goff with Kupp and Mahomes with Hill.  Goff is just a puppet ran by McVay and although the offense is good, we've already seen glimpses of people figuring them out.  Kupp is a legit talent and one I'd happily have, but him being older (came into the league at 24 I think?) and paired with Goff send him a little down the ranking.  

Hill is a different story because he could be considered the #1 WR, but off the field concerns and an injury history have him lower for me.  I'm not willing to pay high prices for him and wouldn't feel comfortable having him as a cornerstone.  I'd happily swap him for JuJu assuming all things equal.  

These rankings assume a startup.  I think if you're competing now, I absolutely wouldn't trade away Hill or Kupp for JuJu.  I don't see Kupp or Hill being a 1st round startup pick.  Maybe Hill but that's getting risky.  He's the start of tier 3 because of his risk.  Like I mentioned, JuJu and Godwin are just safe assets to acquire that won't decline in value, but there are others behind them in the ranking that will produce more.  

Zyphros said:
Tier 1 - (1) DeAndre Hopkins, (2) Michael Thomas, (3) JuJu Smith-Schuster, (4) Chris Godwin

The way I broke the 1st and 2nd tier down is that the top2 are studs with/without elite QB play. 
I would say that JJSS does not meet your definition. His productivity is down without Ben and Brown complimenting him.

Sometimes being super young isn’t everything, yes it helps in dynasty but scoring points is the main goal. I’m in the camp that would drop JuJu some and move a guy like Kupp up. Sure you lose 3 years but it’s not like it’s 30 compared to 27, it’s 26-23, Kupp still has 3-5 years of stud numbers.

If Kupp doesn’t get hurt last year he probably comes close to the same points as JuJu and I think that would change this a lot. I personally wouldn’t be surprised if Kupp outscores JuJu for the next 3 years. Sure by then kupp will be getting close to 30 but he would have helped your team more then JuJu and that would have been plenty of time to find a replacement to cover those 3 years you lost by having Kupp instead of JuJu

I would say that JJSS does not meet your definition. His productivity is down without Ben and Brown complimenting him.
They're on QB3, so I'm willing to give him a pass.  He's there for age purposes and previous elite production.  Younger players maintain value relatively well.  Especially if they are considered elite players.  If you don't think he's elite then fine, I do, so he stays and gets the bump over the group of 26 year old WR's who have the same issues as he does. 

Sometimes being super young isn’t everything, yes it helps in dynasty but scoring points is the main goal. I’m in the camp that would drop JuJu some and move a guy like Kupp up. Sure you lose 3 years but it’s not like it’s 30 compared to 27, it’s 26-23, Kupp still has 3-5 years of stud numbers.

If Kupp doesn’t get hurt last year he probably comes close to the same points as JuJu and I think that would change this a lot. I personally wouldn’t be surprised if Kupp outscores JuJu for the next 3 years. Sure by then kupp will be getting close to 30 but he would have helped your team more then JuJu and that would have been plenty of time to find a replacement to cover those 3 years you lost by having Kupp instead of JuJu
This also doesn't take play style into effect.  Juju is a highly athletic outside wr and that kind of play can fall off a cliff with age, while Kupp is more of a technical slot guy whose like we've seen continue to put up solid numbers as they get older esp in ppr.

Not to mention juju wasn't elite this season when he had big Ben.  It's possible that he was benefiting greatly from ab's presence.

Another note - have you watched any Corey Davis this season?  Guys a bust.

This also doesn't take play style into effect.  Juju is a highly athletic outside wr and that kind of play can fall off a cliff with age, while Kupp is more of a technical slot guy whose like we've seen continue to put up solid numbers as they get older esp in ppr.

Not to mention juju wasn't elite this season when he had big Ben.  It's possible that he was benefiting greatly from ab's presence.
JuJu and Kupp are very similarly athletic, the only difference is one had AB beside him the other didn't, he had 2 other solid WR's.  They're both making their money from the slot more than outside as well.  None of what you said is actually true.  Stylistically, they're very similar as well.  They'll both age well because of their slot presence.  

Plus you're going to judge JuJu's non-elite performance with Ben on 2 games that Ben played absolutely awful in?  I'd rather use his 2 year sample of 2343 yards, and 14 TD's as a 20 year old rookie, 21 year old 2nd year player to judge him.  Even if it was "with AB".  

Another note - have you watched any Corey Davis this season?  Guys a bust.
Yes I've seen Corey Davis play, he looks good, his QB has been a bust.  He's a guy I'll never give up on though so I'll admit he's probably a bit high.  The reason he's ranked there is because he has the potential to be a #1 WR for a team.  Everyone ranked ahead of him I see that potential or they have been, I don't necessarily believe Kirk, Ridley, Deebo, or Harry have that ability so he gets the nod.  The Titans are arguably a worse offense than Miami, think about that for a second.  

I didn't see Dede Westbrook anywhere. Intentionally omitted or accidental overlook?
Intentionally outside the top 58 I have posted here yes

JuJu and Kupp are very similarly athletic, the only difference is one had AB beside him the other didn't, he had 2 other solid WR's.  They're both making their money from the slot more than outside as well.  None of what you said is actually true.  Stylistically, they're very similar as well.  They'll both age well because of their slot presence.  

Plus you're going to judge JuJu's non-elite performance with Ben on 2 games that Ben played absolutely awful in?  I'd rather use his 2 year sample of 2343 yards, and 14 TD's as a 20 year old rookie, 21 year old 2nd year player to judge him.  Even if it was "with AB".  

Yes I've seen Corey Davis play, he looks good, his QB has been a bust.  He's a guy I'll never give up on though so I'll admit he's probably a bit high.  The reason he's ranked there is because he has the potential to be a #1 WR for a team.  Everyone ranked ahead of him I see that potential or they have been, I don't necessarily believe Kirk, Ridley, Deebo, or Harry have that ability so he gets the nod.  The Titans are arguably a worse offense than Miami, think about that for a second.  

Intentionally outside the top 58 I have posted here yes
I rescind my comment.   You're right about juju.

Still think Davis is a bust though. 

Excellent list, but Hollywood sticks out like a sore thumb. Alshon and Sterling Shepard ahead of him in 2020 dynasty? Come on now

Excellent list, but Hollywood sticks out like a sore thumb. Alshon and Sterling Shepard ahead of him in 2020 dynasty? Come on now
I thought the same about Shepard, but look at his numbers last year.  If not for injuries this season he could possibly be on his way to 100 catches.

Ashlon does look done though, esp considering he's never healthy.

Zyphros said:
Let's update this with some mid season dynasty rankings.  I think it's obvious there are a lot of things that'll change from here on out, but at least this is how I see the rookies from 2019 falling into the dynasty landscape picture a bit.  Most of them have had a good showing so far (at least the higher profile ones) so those have vaulted up a bit.  Anyways let's get into it.  

WR's first, I'll post the RB's tomorrow, TE's and QB's the day after

Tier 2 - (5) Amari Cooper, (6) Odell Beckham, (7) Mike Evans, (8) Davante Adams, (9) Keenan Allen

Tier 3 - (10) Tyreek Hill DND, (11) Cooper Kupp, (12) Kenny Golladay, (13) DJ Moore, (14) Stefon Diggs, (15) Julio Jones, (16) Tyler Lockett, (17) TY Hilton DND, (18) Adam Thielen DND, (19) Courtland Sutton, (20) AJ Brown

Tier 4 - (21) AJ Green DND, (22) Terry McLaurin, (23) Michael Gallup, (24) DJ Chark, (25) DK Metcalf, (26) Tyler Boyd, (27) Preston Williams, (28) Allen Robinson, (29) Robert Woods, (30) Corey Davis, (31) Christian Kirk, (32) Calvin Ridley, (33) Deebo Samuel, (34) N'Keal Harry

Tier 5 -  (35) Brandin Cooks, (36) Curtis Samuel, (37) Alshon Jeffery DND, (38) Sterling Shepard, (39) Marquise Brown, (40) Mecole Hardman, (41) Will Fuller, (42) Parris Campbell, (43) Antonio Brown DND, (44) Dante Pettis

Tier 6 - (45) Robby Anderson, (46) Mike Williams, (47) Diontae Johnson, (48) Jarvis Landry, (49) Julien Edelman, (50) Miles Boykin, (51) Marvin Jones DND, (52) Larry Fitzgerald DND, (53) JJ Arcega-Whiteside, (54) Josh Reynolds, (55) Tyrell Williams, (56) Marquez Valdes-Scantling, (57) Jalen Hurd, (58) Andy Isabella

The way I broke the 1st and 2nd tier down is that the top2 are studs with/without elite QB play.  Nuk was so productive with guys like Tom Savage and he'll be fine without Watson if anything happens future wise, but it obviously helps him a lot to be paired long term with Watson.  Same with MT who's now proven that he's productive with Bridgewater through the season.  Then you have the ultra young duo in JuJu and Godwin who can be staples of a dynasty team (wouldn't fault anyone for having them #1 and #2).  Can't say the same with the 2nd tier as it's mostly guys who are the same age, who are elite but haven't fared as well with bad QB play.  JuJu and Godwin get the nod because of their age and it's a safe pick that won't deteriorate value.  Anyone in Tier 2 could start plummeting any year now if their situations don't improve, all carry some skepticism, but they are the elite group of WR's.  

Tier 3 is basically guys that are steady or ceiling players without as much of a floor as Tier 2, not quite elite, but very good.  Or aged vets who are super productive still, usually with a DND classification for me.  In terms of 2020 rookies, I imagine there's at least 3 WR's I would end up putting in this tier.  Probably near 15 but I really don't know yet.  But this is definitely where I'd start sprinkling in the rookies.  

Tier 4 you get to the rookie WR's from 2019 mostly and young guys making a case for a push.  Some have already pushed rather high (McLaurin and Chark), some have yet to do a whole lot but it's clear to see improvement coming (Deebo).  I would likely have a tier break after Metcalf if I was comfortable with the QB outlook for those guys 19-24, but I don't so they're grouped with others 25-33. 

Then you move into Tier 5 which is guys that seem like they could be really good #2's for an offense, maybe decent WR3's for a fantasy team with some boom weeks mixed in.  I wouldn't hate having any on my teams, but I wouldn't feel comfortable starting most of them either.  

To finish the tiers I have completed was Tier 6, a group of WR's who are depth fill in types or long shot young guys that could be nice stashes for shallower leagues.  I feel like their floor in general is lower than Tier 5 players, but the ceiling could be about the same.  

**Noteable guys not in my rankings.  Sammy Watkins, Hakeem Butler, James Washington, Daeshawn Hamilton, Josh Gordon, Emmanuel Sanders.  I think that covers most names.  As always let me know some thoughts, maybe a guy I forgot here or in the rankings.  
How is N'Keal Harry anywhere near this list he hasn't played a single meaningful down yet this season. Scary Terry in tier 4 is just too low IMO. I just don't see how JuJu is in the top tier , why , because Big Ben comes back in 2020? I don't see it, he was a good player opposite AB, without him , JuJu is a JAG.

Will Fuller doesn't belong on the list he's summarily dismissed from it, he's never been able to stay healthy and never will. why waste a spot in the top tiers for this glass-man?

You're forgetting J. Meyers

I was never a fan of speed guys to begin with.  I think they're always grossly overrated.  If you're not versatile you don't belong very high with me.  Tyreek and Hilton are 2 in the last 5 years that have proved versatile.  That's why their values are higher by the masses.  Until Brown proves that (if ever, I have my doubts) he won't sniff top40 with me.  As of now I see Brown as a worse version of Curtis Samuel, so that contributed a lot to how I ranked both of them.  

I thought the same about Shepard, but look at his numbers last year.  If not for injuries this season he could possibly be on his way to 100 catches.

Ashlon does look done though, esp considering he's never healthy.
As for Jeffery and Shepard.  Jeffery is ranked basically as a WR4 which I don't see a problem with.  He's not great or flashy, but can put up numbers and is the #1 on the offense.  Those guys are valuable sometimes.  I also put a DND on him in a startup so it's not like I would want to have him on teams.  

Shepard has been really good as a bye week filler or depth add, and I never really understood the hate for him.  Sure he didn't live up to the hype when drafted, but he was beside OBJ.  Injuries and bad QB play have held him back a bit, but on the field he's been productive.  As I noted in my description for Tier 5, they're depth adds who could be/are solid #2's for an offense.  I think that's exactly who Shepard is.  

How is N'Keal Harry anywhere near this list he hasn't played a single meaningful down yet this season. Scary Terry in tier 4 is just too low IMO. I just don't see how JuJu is in the top tier , why , because Big Ben comes back in 2020? I don't see it, he was a good player opposite AB, without him , JuJu is a JAG.

Will Fuller doesn't belong on the list he's summarily dismissed from it, he's never been able to stay healthy and never will. why waste a spot in the top tiers for this glass-man?

You're forgetting J. Meyers
Why is Harry, a 1st round NFL pick, arguably the best WR prospect in 2019 and injured so not being able to play or showcase his ability even ranked?  I feel like I shouldn't even have to answer that.  

I wouldn't list McLaurin in Tier 3 because he doesn't deserve to be there.  I feel like you're focused on the tiers, rather than the players above him.  You can't justify F1 any higher without being biased.  On a terrible offense with a questionable QB future.  I'm impressed by what I've seen him do so far in that awful situation, but he doesn't sniff a candle to anyone in Tier 3 in terms of value.  

Will Fuller has boom weeks, that's the thing keeping him alive on a ranking.  I think we might be seeing Stills replace him right now though on the field.  Too many mistakes.  He'd definitely start slipping in the rankings if he doesn't pick it up.

Meyers is a good call but I'm not sure if he belongs yet.  It seems the Pats are proactively shopping for WR's because they don't trust him.  And now Sanu comes in.  Like the player, like the situation, but still a rusty rookie that I'm not sure I can take over anyone in my last tier.  I'll have to think and go through my process to see where/if I'd rank him here or not.  

Here are the RB's.  

Tier 1 - (1) Saquon Barkley, (2) Christian McCaffrey

Tier 2 - (3) Alvin Kamara, (4) Ezekiel Elliott, (5) Nick Chubb, (6) Dalvin Cook, (7) Joe Mixon, (8) Leonard Fournette, (9) Josh Jacobs, (10) Marlon Mack

Tier 3 - (11) Derrius Guice, (12) Le'Veon Bell DND, (13) David Johnson DND, (14) Kerryon Johnson, (15) Miles Sanders, (16) Aaron Jones, (17) Melvin Gordon DND, (18) James Conner DND, (19) Chris Carson 

Tier 4 - (20) Austin Ekeler, (21) Phillip Lindsay, (22) Derrick Henry DND, (23) Todd Gurley DND, (24) David Montgomery, (25) Darrell Henderson, (26) Royce Freeman, (27) Jaylen Samuels, (28) Kareem Hunt, (29) Chase Edmunds, (30) Tevin Coleman DND, (31) Justice Hill, (32) Matt Breida, (33) Ronald Jones, (34) Tony Pollard, (35) Devin Singletary, (36) Tarik Cohen

Tier 5 -  (37) Carlos Hyde, (38) Rashaad Penny DND, (39) Devonta Freeman DND, (40) Kenyan Drake DND, (41) Malcolm Brown, (42) Damien Harris, (43) James White DND, (44) Jamaal Williams, (45) Jordan Howard DND, (46) Damien Williams, (47) Sony Michel DND, (48) LeSean McCoy DND, (49) Mark Ingram DND, (50) Nyheim Hines, (51) Alexander Mattison

Tier 6 - (52) Kalen Ballage, (53) Jalin Moore, (54) Ty Johnson, (55) Duke Johnson, (56) Bryce Love, (57) Jerrick McKinnon DND, (58) Dion Lewis, (59) Dexter Williams (60) Myles Gaskin

I think 1 and 2 are obvious, nobody else makes a case for Tier 1, probably interchangeable.  After that argue all you want for the order of Tier 2.  Start inserting rookies somewhere in Tier 2, possibly as high as 4.  

Tier 3 has some question marks to me but I think they've shown enough to be considered safe'ish RB2's.  Some DND's as they're older, oft injured, or wear and tear useage has seen them decline a bit.  

Tier 4 we get to a lot of backup's or time share guys that could become something given opportunity, or non-pass catching RB's with a lower rushing floor generally speaking.  There's some safe PPR floor here as well but you see them lower in the tier than higher.  Take your shot on one of these guys and hope for something special.  

Tier 5 is mostly questionable backups, not comfortable long term investment types though.

Tier 6 is flier territory that are cheap options.  Most them I've seen churned as flier types in shallow leagues hoping for a hit, dropped the next week hoping for a different hit.  

Thanks for the list. I don't mean to nitpick it with this comment, but only to generate discussion. I feel like Golladay (12) and Allen Robinson (28) might be flip flopped. First of all, they are both 26 years old. Second, Robinson is WR9 in ppr on a ppg basis, whereas Golladay is 29th and isn't even the top scorer on his own team. Sure, the sample size is small (6 games), but I expect AR to finish the year comfortably ahead of Golladay. Hell, would any of us be surprised if AR outpaced Hopkins to finish the season? It's pretty close. On the topic of age, AR is a year younger than Hopkins. My third and final point is that currently (according to data dominator) Houston ranks 4th in fantasy passing points, Detroit 17th, and Chicago 30th. Should AR ever find himself on a middling passing offense, he could really explode, much less a top 5 offense. What he's done on one of the worst offenses in the league should be noted. I know he left a bad taste in fantasy owners' mouths over the past 3 years, but he looks like he's back to elite form. His 16 game pace is 109/1237/8. Golladay is 67/1027/11. Hopkins is 112/1161/7. If Nagy can correct that offense at all, AR would surely benefit. 

They're on QB3, so I'm willing to give him a pass.  He's there for age purposes and previous elite production.  Younger players maintain value relatively well.  Especially if they are considered elite players.  If you don't think he's elite then fine, I do, so he stays and gets the bump over the group of 26 year old WR's who have the same issues as he does. 
Well your definition was players who will be in the top tier regardless of QB situation if I understood your statement correctly?

I do not think JJSS is elite. He was WR 15 in 2018 playing with Ben and Brown who missed some games and JJSS performed very well in his absence with the additional volume.

Currently JJSS is WR 41 in fantasy leagues.

He has been good enough to be ranked pretty high in my view, but not tier one as you have him. He hasn't finished as a top 12 WR for fantasy yet.

Tyler Boyd seems low? 

I think JJSS is tier 1 easy.  He's 22 years old.  This season he is in QB hell. He was WR8 last year in PPR so he has been a WR1.  I don't know where WR15 comes from. 

FF Ninja said:
Thanks for the list. I don't mean to nitpick it with this comment, but only to generate discussion. I feel like Golladay (12) and Allen Robinson (28) might be flip flopped. First of all, they are both 26 years old. Second, Robinson is WR9 in ppr on a ppg basis, whereas Golladay is 29th and isn't even the top scorer on his own team. Sure, the sample size is small (6 games), but I expect AR to finish the year comfortably ahead of Golladay. Hell, would any of us be surprised if AR outpaced Hopkins to finish the season? It's pretty close. On the topic of age, AR is a year younger than Hopkins. My third and final point is that currently (according to data dominator) Houston ranks 4th in fantasy passing points, Detroit 17th, and Chicago 30th. Should AR ever find himself on a middling passing offense, he could really explode, much less a top 5 offense. What he's done on one of the worst offenses in the league should be noted. I know he left a bad taste in fantasy owners' mouths over the past 3 years, but he looks like he's back to elite form. His 16 game pace is 109/1237/8. Golladay is 67/1027/11. Hopkins is 112/1161/7. If Nagy can correct that offense at all, AR would surely benefit. 
I have been this board's resident ARob hater for years but now I think I've come over to the other side and he's reached a point where he's underrated.

As you mentioned he's WR8/WR9 on pace for 100+ catches and 1200+ yards despite playing on a terrible offense and no one seems to have noticed.  Maybe just as importantly he looks like a totally different animal out there.  He was always a great deep threat but he is an ANIMAL on intermediate routes right now.  Even though it was in garbage time that TD catch he had last week was just a nasty route.

@FF Ninja I don’t disagree with your breakdown of Allen Robinson at all.  I do however have a ton more faith in Stafford than I do in Trubisky.  Robinson has gotten the short end of the stick for his entire career, but I don’t think that’s about to change.  

Fournette at 20 and Derrick Henry at 21 in Tier 3 seem too low.  They are both hogs right now and both still young at 24 and 25.
Fournettes at 8, what are you looking at?  

Its late and I don’t really want to get into it about Henry.  Not a guy I’d want at all.  

I'm a lot more leery of Mixon than most FFers. I'm very familiar with him being from Oklahoma, but even so, he was difficult to project coming out.

For me, the bottom line is Mixon may not be as dynamic as the FF community believes (as a whole). If Rodney Anderson hadn't gotten hurt, Mixon might've had some real competition for touches this season.

Mixon is still a hard read, IMO. For one, their OL blows.

I'm a lot more leery of Mixon than most FFers. I'm very familiar with him being from Oklahoma, but even so, he was difficult to project coming out.

For me, the bottom line is Mixon may not be as dynamic as the FF community believes (as a whole). If Rodney Anderson hadn't gotten hurt, Mixon might've had some real competition for touches this season.

Mixon is still a hard read, IMO. For one, their OL blows.
I agree to an extent, I'm a little disappointed but I'm not ready to give up. I generally give a rookie running back til his rookie contract expires to show something and especially if there was an injury during that time frame so basically three to five years but after that I cut bait and draft accordingly the following year.

Tex 

I have been this board's resident ARob hater for years but now I think I've come over to the other side and he's reached a point where he's underrated.

As you mentioned he's WR8/WR9 on pace for 100+ catches and 1200+ yards despite playing on a terrible offense and no one seems to have noticed.  Maybe just as importantly he looks like a totally different animal out there.  He was always a great deep threat but he is an ANIMAL on intermediate routes right now.  Even though it was in garbage time that TD catch he had last week was just a nasty route.
I've been guilty of drinking the kool-aid as well as being overly skeptical on players, but I feel like I've always been fairly centrist with a positive lean when it came to AR. For that reason I rarely ever found him on a redraft team, much less dynasty because someone was always willing to pay more, but this offseason was the first time the value proposition flipped and I acquired a ton of shares. I think he's on over 75% of my redraft teams (they're mostly auction and he almost never got bid up so I couldn't let him go cheaply). In truth, I would not have drafted him if a crystal ball told me that Chicago's passing offense would be bottom 3 right now. I had just enough faith in Nagy and Trubisky that I thought they'd continue to be mediocre, allowing AR's trend of production from his last eight healthy games to also continue. It's really a testament to his play that he's putting up top 10 numbers with a bottom 3 passing attack. This seems almost as bad as Osweiller was in Houston for Hopkins, but AR is persevering. 

His routes look crisp like you said, but more than anything he's catching everything. If there's a 50/50 ball, he's coming down with it. He made some pretty tough catches in week 5. Bottom line, if he keeps up this level of play for the whole season, I think he belongs back in the elite discussion. He's younger than Hopkins, Thomas, OBJ... actually, he's only older than 3 of the 9 guys in Zyphros' top 2 tiers, so plenty of tread on the tires. 

@FF Ninja I don’t disagree with your breakdown of Allen Robinson at all.  I do however have a ton more faith in Stafford than I do in Trubisky.  Robinson has gotten the short end of the stick for his entire career, but I don’t think that’s about to change.  
Golladay and AR are both free agents after next season (although pretty crazy this will be AR's third contract and Golladay's second). At age 28, they're both likely in for big pay days. I'm not sure the Bears will be able to afford to keep AR. I know a lot can change, but the Bears are projected to be the team with the 5th least amount of cap next season, so an early extension looks unlikely.

I agree to an extent, I'm a little disappointed but I'm not ready to give up. I generally give a rookie running back til his rookie contract expires to show something and especially if there was an injury during that time frame so basically three to five years but after that I cut bait and draft accordingly the following year.

Tex 
Yeah, I don't think you give up.

My thing is I was never as sold as the FF community so this isn't a huge surprise for me, although, Mixon does have enough talent to be a good dynasty asset if he can turn it around (with the help of the Bengals or a different team).

Biabreakable said:
Well your definition was players who will be in the top tier regardless of QB situation if I understood your statement correctly?

I do not think JJSS is elite. He was WR 15 in 2018 playing with Ben and Brown who missed some games and JJSS performed very well in his absence with the additional volume.

Currently JJSS is WR 41 in fantasy leagues.

He has been good enough to be ranked pretty high in my view, but not tier one as you have him. He hasn't finished as a top 12 WR for fantasy yet.
My definition was for the top2, the second 2 (3 and 4, JuJu and Godwin) are there for age purposes and elite production as long term stable guys.  This is also based on PPR, as I think you're using non-ppr totals.  He had a top10 finish last year.  Top30 as a rookie in 2017.  

Lots of people seem to not agree with the JuJu ranking because of current year, I have faith it'll sort its way out rather quickly.  I guess others don't.  

kittenmittens said:
Tyler Boyd seems low? 
Why is Boyd low?  He's been average as the #1 without AJ Green.  Granted it's just an awful team overall.  He's still young and a decent talent though so he stays in the 20's for me.  He's ranked with others in that fringe WR2 range.  Currently the PPR WR20.  Do I expect more from him on that offense?  Nope.  He's an uncomfortable WR2, more suited as a #3 on a fantasy team.  The biggest problem for him though is he's signed through 2023.  If they don't do something drastic at the QB spot he'll likely just continue plummeting down rankings boards, getting pushed down by rookies every year.  

Same goes for Mixon.  Offense is just dreadful, maybe it picks up when Green comes back but there is no o-line either.  Absolutely love Mixon's talent profile, but situation dictates a lot of what fantasy is, and he's stuck in a bad situation for next year and RB shelf life can be short.  Especially if he goes to a new team in 2021.  You don't see free agent RB's pan out all that often.  What would give me hope is that he'd only be 25 when that happens.  

My definition was for the top2, the second 2 (3 and 4, JuJu and Godwin) are there for age purposes and elite production as long term stable guys.  This is also based on PPR, as I think you're using non-ppr totals.  He had a top10 finish last year.  Top30 as a rookie in 2017.  

Lots of people seem to not agree with the JuJu ranking because of current year, I have faith it'll sort its way out rather quickly.  I guess others don't.  
I was mistaken  as I was looking at JJSS over the first 7 weeks not the full season. He finished as WR 8 last season qualifying as one top 12 season.

I still think you are being too generous in your ranking of JJSS because last season the Steelers threw the ball 689 times in 2018. I am not sure when or if the Steelers will throw the ball that much in the near future? You say you see this working itself out quickly. What does that mean? Big Ben is coming back for the 2020 season?

You are saying that the WR in the top two tiers are QB proof in your description of Michael Thomas and Hopkins. I am not seeing that being applied to JJSS situation right now. So that seems like an inconsistency.

I'd be thrilled to trade Alshon for a second. I've been trying to trade him for three years and never even gotten a lowball offer for him.

I was mistaken  as I was looking at JJSS over the first 7 weeks not the full season. He finished as WR 8 last season qualifying as one top 12 season.

I still think you are being too generous in your ranking of JJSS because last season the Steelers threw the ball 689 times in 2018. I am not sure when or if the Steelers will throw the ball that much in the near future? You say you see this working itself out quickly. What does that mean? Big Ben is coming back for the 2020 season?

You are saying that the WR in the top two tiers are QB proof in your description of Michael Thomas and Hopkins. I am not seeing that being applied to JJSS situation right now. So that seems like an inconsistency.
Ben has already said he's coming back for 2020, Rudolph is a nice contingency plan just in case.  I think 2020 is a last hurrah.  1 last chance to compete and go for a title.  

My desciription of the top2 PLAYERS, not the top 2 tiers, were that they were QB proof.  Then the next 2 PLAYERS in tier 1 were there for age purposes to go along with elite production.  Then tier 2 was the "older" group of elite WR's.  

The real decision that I felt it came down to was I felt it was unfair to put him in tier 2 because of his age over all them.  

How has Guice made it into tier 3, let alone top of tier three?  He's yet to play a down for a truly awful team (and awfully run, who knows how many rbs Allen will draft next year just because) with no oline due to multiple leg injuries.  At this point in his career I'd take almost anyone in the 20s instead of him.

Why is Boyd low?  He's been average as the #1 without AJ Green.  Granted it's just an awful team overall.  He's still young and a decent talent though so he stays in the 20's for me.  He's ranked with others in that fringe WR2 range.  Currently the PPR WR20.  Do I expect more from him on that offense?  Nope.  He's an uncomfortable WR2, more suited as a #3 on a fantasy team.  The biggest problem for him though is he's signed through 2023.  If they don't do something drastic at the QB spot he'll likely just continue plummeting down rankings boards, getting pushed down by rookies every year.  
I take a longer term approach than most to dynasty.  I don't buy into the notion that a 3 year window is the max we can look out as Dynasty analysts tend to preach.  I think it's highly likely that in 4 years, Tyler Boyd is still a very good 28 year old player and the 30 year olds will be out of the league or in a reduced role and have massively reduced value. One thing we know and can bank on is that dynasty value begins tanking at age 29 or 30 and declines quickly from there. Liquidity in terms of being able to trade a player for full value is more important to me than points currently being scored.  If I have "cash,“ I can buy what I need.when I need it. 

To me, Tyler Boyd is still 24 so I can't put him behind any 30+ year-olds like AJG or even Julio. You have the DND designation for most players I would put Boyd above though, so in that way I agree. 

I'm not that high on Boyd either I guess, but at the same time I'm usually discounting situation because it can change pretty quickly.  The Bengals could get their offensive line fixed and bring in Tua next year and be in totally different shape situation wise. 

How has Guice made it into tier 3, let alone top of tier three?  He's yet to play a down for a truly awful team (and awfully run, who knows how many rbs Allen will draft next year just because) with no oline due to multiple leg injuries.  At this point in his career I'd take almost anyone in the 20s instead of him.
I'm banking on talent with Guice.  I bought the last 2 years low on him, and I'll likely buy even lower this offseason.  He's only 22 right now, came into the league at 20, so I feel like he was young enough that his window hasn't closed yet.  As opposed to someone coming in at 24 and missing 2 years.  

Guice has looked good when on the field, I'm betting on the talent and that the offense has officially transitioned to Haskins and healthy.  Definitely fair to take him much later than I have him ranked.  

I'm not that high on Boyd either I guess, but at the same time I'm usually discounting situation because it can change pretty quickly.  The Bengals could get their offensive line fixed and bring in Tua next year and be in totally different shape situation wise. 
I do the same a lot of the time as well.  The volume is there for Boyd to be good, but I don't think he ever achieves WR1 status.  Even with the top10 volume he's getting right now, he's just doing ok.  Part of that reason is because it's the Bengals.  He's done even better historically when Green is in the lineup.  I don't hate Boyd, but I don't think he's special either. 

Here are the RB's.  

Tier 1 - (1) Saquon Barkley, (2) Christian McCaffrey

Tier 2 - (3) Alvin Kamara, (4) Ezekiel Elliott, (5) Nick Chubb, (6) Dalvin Cook, (7) Joe Mixon, (8) Leonard Fournette, (9) Josh Jacobs, (10) Marlon Mack

Tier 3 - (11) Derrius Guice, (12) Le'Veon Bell DND, (13) David Johnson DND, (14) Kerryon Johnson, (15) Miles Sanders, (16) Aaron Jones, (17) Melvin Gordon DND, (18) James Conner DND, (19) Chris Carson 

Tier 4 - (20) Austin Ekeler, (21) Phillip Lindsay, (22) Derrick Henry DND, (23) Todd Gurley DND, (24) David Montgomery, (25) Darrell Henderson, (26) Royce Freeman, (27) Jaylen Samuels, (28) Kareem Hunt, (29) Chase Edmunds, (30) Tevin Coleman DND, (31) Justice Hill, (32) Matt Breida, (33) Ronald Jones, (34) Tony Pollard, (35) Devin Singletary, (36) Tarik Cohen

Tier 5 -  (37) Carlos Hyde, (38) Rashaad Penny DND, (39) Devonta Freeman DND, (40) Kenyan Drake DND, (41) Malcolm Brown, (42) Damien Harris, (43) James White DND, (44) Jamaal Williams, (45) Jordan Howard DND, (46) Damien Williams, (47) Sony Michel DND, (48) LeSean McCoy DND, (49) Mark Ingram DND, (50) Nyheim Hines, (51) Alexander Mattison

Tier 6 - (52) Kalen Ballage, (53) Jalin Moore, (54) Ty Johnson, (55) Duke Johnson, (56) Bryce Love, (57) Jerrick McKinnon DND, (58) Dion Lewis, (59) Dexter Williams (60) Myles Gaskin

I think 1 and 2 are obvious, nobody else makes a case for Tier 1, probably interchangeable.  After that argue all you want for the order of Tier 2.  Start inserting rookies somewhere in Tier 2, possibly as high as 4.  

Tier 3 has some question marks to me but I think they've shown enough to be considered safe'ish RB2's.  Some DND's as they're older, oft injured, or wear and tear useage has seen them decline a bit.  

Tier 4 we get to a lot of backup's or time share guys that could become something given opportunity, or non-pass catching RB's with a lower rushing floor generally speaking.  There's some safe PPR floor here as well but you see them lower in the tier than higher.  Take your shot on one of these guys and hope for something special.  

Tier 5 is mostly questionable backups, not comfortable long term investment types though.

Tier 6 is flier territory that are cheap options.  Most them I've seen churned as flier types in shallow leagues hoping for a hit, dropped the next week hoping for a different hit.  
Does Gurley scare you enough to really drop to 23? and Tyreek at 10? When Mahomes has the hot hand and Tyreek being his #1 WR, its hard to see him not finish in the top 5.

Does Gurley scare you enough to really drop to 23? and Tyreek at 10? When Mahomes has the hot hand and Tyreek being his #1 WR, its hard to see him not finish in the top 5.
Absolutely Gurley scares me.  My thoughts for the rankings revolve around safety and how comfortable I view that player for the long term.  That goes for both Gurley and Hill. 

I'm terrified of Gurley as a RB1, probably even as a RB2.  His talent is better than everyone in that tier.  I'm no doctor but based on how they've used/spared him in workload this year, it seems like it could flare up at any moment and he'd be useless.  I'm not taking that chance.  I absolutely loved him as a college prospect, and the talent is there, but we might be seeing a Jay Ajayi type of career path now.  

Tyreek just has the threat of suspensions now, even though he didn't get suspended.  But the perception might be clouding my ranking a bit.  I guess all players have that threat until they're caught doing something, but at 10 I feel like it's high enough to "bake in" risk and low enough that someone else takes that chance before me.  If he slips and he would be my pick, I wouldn't hate it.  As you said, he has #1 WR upside, but I want longevity along with elite production and I feel like I can get that elsewhere with a safer guy.  

Tyreek just has the threat of suspensions now, even though he didn't get suspended.  But the perception might be clouding my ranking a bit.  I guess all players have that threat until they're caught doing something, but at 10 I feel like it's high enough to "bake in" risk and low enough that someone else takes that chance before me.  If he slips and he would be my pick, I wouldn't hate it.  As you said, he has #1 WR upside, but I want longevity along with elite production and I feel like I can get that elsewhere with a safer guy.  
I completely understand this stance if you were writing it in July.  To me, two major things have happened that catapult Tyreek into the top tier with those other 4 guys.
1) He went through a rather exhaustive NFL investigation and interview.  Came out of it without even a token suspension or fine from a league that is desperate to "protect the shield" and seems to overzealously punish domestic violence.

2) He was signed to a significant contract extension pairing him with Reid/Mahomes for the foreseeable future.

I completely understand this stance if you were writing it in July.  To me, two major things have happened that catapult Tyreek into the top tier with those other 4 guys.
1) He went through a rather exhaustive NFL investigation and interview.  Came out of it without even a token suspension or fine from a league that is desperate to "protect the shield" and seems to overzealously punish domestic violence.

2) He was signed to a significant contract extension pairing him with Reid/Mahomes for the foreseeable future.
The Hill discussion is about as constructive as debating Trump at this point.

For guys struggling to find their one keeper for this year was interested in any names you all see that could be floating on a WW this year but if kept could see significant value next year? 

I forgot to post the QB's and TE's last week as I've been super busy lately.  Anyways I'll post both, since why not?

Tier 1 - (1) Patrick Mahomes

Tier 2 - (2) Deshaun Watson

Tier 3 - (3) Carson Wentz, (4) Kyler Murray, (5) Russell Wilson, (6) Baker Mayfield,  (7) Lamar Jackson

Tier 4 - (8) Dak Prescott, (9) Aaron Rodgers, (10) Sam Darnold, (11) Cam Newton DND, (12) Jared Goff, (13) Matt Ryan, (14) Jimmy Garoppolo

Tier 5 - (15) Matthew Stafford, (16) Josh Allen, (17) Kirk Cousins, (18) Jacoby Brissett, (19) Daniel Jones, (20) Derek Carr, (21) Philip Rivers DND, (22) Teddy Bridgewater (23) Dwayne Haskins DND

Tier 6 - (24) Gardner Minshew, (25) Andrew Luck, (26) Josh Rosen, (27) Drew Brees DND, (28) Ben Roethlisberger DND,(29) Tom Brady DND, (30) Jameis Winston DND

Yes I know Andrew Luck is listed, I'm holding out hope he comes back.  He'd be a supreme value at QB25.  You also might notice all the "older" QB's ranked low with DND's, I don't want to worry about Rivers, Brees, Ben, Brady, retirement after I do a startup draft so they're really low.  Obviously redraft they'd be higher.  

I suspect I'm higher on Baker than most as well.  Kitchens is in over his head, I'll hold out hope for a real head coach to get him back on track.  Also I don't believe in Lamar but his production can't be denied, probably a little low on him.  

Noteable guys NOT on this list, Mitchell Trubisky, Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Nick Foles, Mason Rudolph, Will Grier, Drew Lock, Marcus Mariota, Kyle Allen, Joe Flacco, Ryan Tannehill.  Felt 30 was a nice even number to end it at.  Mason Rudolph probably deserves to be ranked, not quite sure where I'd put him though, probably 30th though.  

Tier 1 - (1) George Kittle

Tier 2 - (2) Travis Kelce, (3) Evan Engram, (4) Hunter Henry, (5) Darren Waller, (6) Austin Hooper

Tier 3 - (7) TJ Hockenson, (8) Zach Ertz, (9) Mark Andrews, (10) OJ Howard, (11) Chris Herndon, (12) Dallas Goedert

Tier 4 - (13) Will Dissly, (14) Gerald Everett, (15) David Njoku, (16) Noah Fant, (17) Irv Smith Jr.,

Tier 5 - (18) Jonnu Smith, (19) Mike Gesicki, (20) Dawson Knox, (21) Foster Moreau, (22) Hayden Hurst, (23) Kahale Warring, (24) Ian Thomas

Tier 6 - (25) Eric Ebron, (26) Josh Oliver, (27) Adam Shaheen, (28) Vance McDonald DND, (29) Jace Sternberger

Noteable guys NOT on this list, Jared Cook, Greg Olsen, Kyle Rudolph, Jimmy Graham, Blake Jarwin, Tyler Eifert, Trey Burton.  

I suspect I'm higher on Baker than most as well.  Kitchens is in over his head, I'll hold out hope for a real head coach to get him back on track.  Also I don't believe in Lamar but his production can't be denied, probably a little low on him.  
I always appreciate your insight, but can you expand on why you are so high on Mayfield?  He has the weapons at his disposal but the whole scheme is not meshing well, or consistent.  Maybe OL is the cause for such mediocre year, but I was a firm believe in more from his this year.  

I forgot to post the QB's and TE's last week as I've been super busy lately.  Anyways I'll post both, since why not?

Tier 1 - (1) Patrick Mahomes

Tier 2 - (2) Deshaun Watson

Tier 3 - (3) Carson Wentz, (4) Kyler Murray, (5) Russell Wilson, (6) Baker Mayfield,  (7) Lamar Jackson

Tier 4 - (8) Dak Prescott, (9) Aaron Rodgers, (10) Sam Darnold, (11) Cam Newton DND, (12) Jared Goff, (13) Matt Ryan, (14) Jimmy Garoppolo

Tier 5 - (15) Matthew Stafford, (16) Josh Allen, (17) Kirk Cousins, (18) Jacoby Brissett, (19) Daniel Jones, (20) Derek Carr, (21) Philip Rivers DND, (22) Teddy Bridgewater (23) Dwayne Haskins DND

Tier 6 - (24) Gardner Minshew, (25) Andrew Luck, (26) Josh Rosen, (27) Drew Brees DND, (28) Ben Roethlisberger DND,(29) Tom Brady DND, (30) Jameis Winston DND

Yes I know Andrew Luck is listed, I'm holding out hope he comes back.  He'd be a supreme value at QB25.  You also might notice all the "older" QB's ranked low with DND's, I don't want to worry about Rivers, Brees, Ben, Brady, retirement after I do a startup draft so they're really low.  Obviously redraft they'd be higher.  

Noteable guys NOT on this list, Mitchell Trubisky, Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Nick Foles, Mason Rudolph, Will Grier, Drew Lock, Marcus Mariota, Kyle Allen, Joe Flacco, Ryan Tannehill.  Felt 30 was a nice even number to end it at.  Mason Rudolph probably deserves to be ranked, not quite sure where I'd put him though, probably 30th though.  
Wow, no Mitch Trubisky? Definitely has the potential to be a top QB 😂😂😂😂

LOL

I always appreciate your insight, but can you expand on why you are so high on Mayfield?  He has the weapons at his disposal but the whole scheme is not meshing well, or consistent.  Maybe OL is the cause for such mediocre year, but I was a firm believe in more from his this year.  
Weapons being there long term is part of it.  They basically have 2 more years of everyone being locked up on offense to figure it out.  O-line is a mess as well and I see that being partially fixed coming up because they're pretty set across the board.  No real needs other than depth and O-line so you have to think that's a priority.  I do worry that if a new coach comes in, we're seeing 3 different head coaches for Baker to start his career and it could regress him even more.  Or we see a parallel like going from Mr. 8-8 Jeff Fisher to McVay for Goff and turn him into something.  It could honestly go either way, but the talent is not the problem.  That's why I'm still high on him.  Solvable problems that you have to believe the organization will address.  Has nothing to do with talent.  

Wow, no Mitch Trubisky? Definitely has the potential to be a top QB 😂😂😂😂

LOL
You're joking right?  He'll be a backup before 2020 even comes to kick his ### to the curb.  

Weapons being there long term is part of it.  They basically have 2 more years of everyone being locked up on offense to figure it out.  O-line is a mess as well and I see that being partially fixed coming up because they're pretty set across the board.  No real needs other than depth and O-line so you have to think that's a priority.  I do worry that if a new coach comes in, we're seeing 3 different head coaches for Baker to start his career and it could regress him even more.  Or we see a parallel like going from Mr. 8-8 Jeff Fisher to McVay for Goff and turn him into something.  It could honestly go either way, but the talent is not the problem.  That's why I'm still high on him.  Solvable problems that you have to believe the organization will address.  Has nothing to do with talent.  

You're joking right?  He'll be a backup before 2020 even comes to kick his ### to the curb.  
Yes, I'm joking lol 

I can't believe I was taken seriously

Interesting stuff. I'm surprised to see Jackson that low, given the numbers he's putting up this year. Durability concerns, or something else?

Interesting stuff. I'm surprised to see Jackson that low, given the numbers he's putting up this year. Durability concerns, or something else?
Durability not so much a concern, he seems to be pretty smart on when to go down and not take big hits for the most part.  He's proved once so far that he can pass the ball consistently and I just don't have faith in that continuing.  That plus QB's are generally way more productive when they have weapons up the wazzoo.  He has none, but he gets production from running.  If they get him weapons, and if he continues to improve as a passer, he's arguably #3.  I see Mahomes and Watson in a different class all together, cause they can run, choose to pass and are prolific doing that.  Along with all the weapons they both have it's easy to separate those 2 from Lamar.  

But simply put:

Also I don't believe in Lamar but his production can't be denied, probably a little low on him.  

Users who are viewing this thread