What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Gordon (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rutgers04

Footballguy
Friend of mine heard it on the radio in FLA today. He pulled a hammy. Dolphins are in big-time trouble at RB. This team can't catch a break.

Living in S. Florida, I haven't heard that yet. Here's all I could find from the local rags about injuries today. LINK

Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Surtain's lingering groin injury had his status for Sunday night's game against the Cincinnati Bengals reduced from questionable to doubtful. Surtain's backup Reggie Howard, who has been nursing a hamstring since tweaking it in practice on Wednesday, could hardly run at full speed Friday. He has been downgraded from probable to questionable.
edit to add that the story was posted online at about 3:15 PM EST

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend of mine heard it on the radio in FLA today. He pulled a hammy. Dolphins are in big-time trouble at RB. This team can't catch a break
Do you own Lamar Gordon, maybe your friend is trying to get you to bench him. Could he be just messing with you. I need a link.

I'm trying to get in touch with him right now. THis would be a very bad joke. I'm trying to get Gordon off of the waiver wire. I need some info now. Anybody hear anything?

Friend of mine heard it on the radio in FLA today. He pulled a hammy. Dolphins are in big-time trouble at RB. This team can't catch a break
Do you own Lamar Gordon, maybe your friend is trying to get you to bench him. Could he be just messing with you. I need a link.
I can't find anything to back this up, but if someone does please post it here.

Who is this Gordon you keep refering to?I'm looking to hear what the 'Fins coaching staff has to say about Lamar Jordan, the new RB they just picked up. Supposedly HE'S the guy this year in Miami.'Fins homers, sharks? Any word???

I looked at the Miami homer message boards and I don't see anything about it. I think calling that radio station is a good idea.

I'm trying to get in touch with him right now. THis would be a very bad joke. I'm trying to get Gordon off of the waiver wire. I need some info now. Anybody hear anything?
check your waiver wire, your friend probably just grabbed him while you were over here posting this stuff.

check your waiver wire, your friend probably just grabbed him while you were over here posting this stuff.
Funny stuff :P

I'm looking to hear what the 'Fins coaching staff has to say about Lamar Jordan, the new RB they just picked up. Supposedly HE'S the guy this year in Miami.
A) Did you say Gallo? With a G? Jerry Gallo's dead! B) I'm aware of that! A) Well I'm not Jerry Gallo, I'm Jerry Callo, C-a-l-l-o

Nothing on the Associated Press wires or any of the three South Florida newspapers on this. Trust me, I'm a reporter.Seriously, I hope this isn't true.

Living in S. Florida, I haven't heard that yet. Here's all I could find from the local rags about injuries today. LINK

Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Surtain's lingering groin injury had his status for Sunday night's game against the Cincinnati Bengals reduced from questionable to doubtful. Surtain's backup Reggie Howard, who has been nursing a hamstring since tweaking it in practice on Wednesday, could hardly run at full speed Friday. He has been downgraded from probable to questionable.
edit to add that the story was posted online at about 3:15 PM EST
Thanks, this and the FBG's low rakning of Gannon has made it almost a lock that I'll be starting Palmer over Gannon this week. :thumbup:

Can you answer a more pressing question for me? I am not so concerned any more if he is injured or not (fully believe he isn't) but how is he still available on your waiver wire to be deciding on a Friday afternoon of Week 2 if you are going to pick him up????

Got in touch with him. He's not in my FF league but he knows I was putting in a bid for Gordon so he called after he heard it. Somebody called it in on sports radio. Pulled hamstring today. He has nothing more than that. My bid is already in. If this is true than I'm screwed.

Dave, Is that your 'Paul in your avatar?I've got a '92 Burgundy Standard and a '83 Tobbaco Burst Custom.The Custom is heavy as a mofo.

Can you answer a more pressing question for me? I am not so concerned any more if he is injured or not (fully believe he isn't) but how is he still available on your waiver wire to be deciding on a Friday afternoon of Week 2 if you are going to pick him up????
Simple. In my league, we can only hold 4 RBs on our roster and I drafted:Deuce McAllisterTravis HenryQuentin GriffinDuce StaleySo, I didn't want to drop any of these guys to go after him last week. Why nobody else in my league went after him is beyond me, cause, believe me, most of them are NOT NEAR as strong as I am at RB.Earlier this week, I traded Duce Staley for Derrick Mason, and am planning to grab Gordon off the WW, which expires today at 5pm.See? Simple.

Gordon with a hamstring pull is probably still more valuable than any other RB on the waiver wire, so I wouldn't worry about it even if it were true, which sounds doubtful.

Too bad the WWW.MIAMIDOLPHINS.COMdon't have a message board on the site.I know the Bills do.Miami gave some excuse that it's not family friendly.Which translates to they don't know which server to choose just like the qb's

I think the post was an attempt to influence the big money blind bids at WCOFF and NFFC. If that's true, pretty close to fraud.I think the mods should look at this closely.

I'm trying to get in touch with him right now.  THis would be a very bad joke. I'm trying to get Gordon off of the waiver wire.  I need some info now.  Anybody hear anything?
Dave, Is that your 'Paul in your avatar?I've got a '92 Burgundy Standard and a '83 Tobbaco Burst Custom.The Custom is heavy as a mofo.
Actually no :mellow: I have a couple of Strats but that's my dream rig right now.Sounds like you have some gems, I'd love to have either of yours!

Actually no :mellow: I have a couple of Strats but that's my dream rig right now.Sounds like you have some gems, I'd love to have either of yours!
Yep, they're sweet.I got the Custom by trading my Strat Ultra for it with a friend of mine. He got this gig playing funk and couldn't get the sound he wanted with the Custom, and asked to borrow my Strat for a gig. When he came back, he was dying to have it and proposed the trade straight up. :eek: I got the Ultra for $450 at a pawn shop. We're both happy with the trade.Standard I bought new at Musician's Friend now Guitar Center here in New Orleans.Play through a Blues Deville 2x12 and a Trademark 60 w/ a Boss GT-6 as my effects board.

I think the post was an attempt to influence the big money blind bids at WCOFF and NFFC. If that's true, pretty close to fraud.I think the mods should look at this closely.
CBS broke the story of Gordon's Hammy and is standing by its sources.

CBS broke the story of Gordon's Hammy and is standing by its sources.
Crapola. Not on CBS, nor is it being reported at finheaven (the dolphins message board)HOAX.

A South Florida Sun-Sentinel story off today's practice made no mention of Gordon, so unless the reporter completely missed it, looks like that Gordon report was erroneous:

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread