What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (7 Viewers)

so why does everyone keep secrets what purpose does it serve?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cause most people on here do not want to know them. I would post it but I don't know how to white it out and I am too lazy to figure it out right now. You will know in about 5 minutes anyway :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no i meant on the show... all the characters keep secrets, when they could work together. locke knows stuff, kate knows about the beards
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because they are people and people do stupid things in their own self interest.

I don't think he's totally turned... maybe they told him if he got Henry back that he could see Walt. :shrug:

:shock:

WTF is he doing? Why? Then he shoots himself in the arm to make it look like it was Henry that killed them.

Damn....that was a season-ending type cliffhanger...

Wow...

BTW, best line of the night: "I guess that takes cuddlin' off the table."

I'm still bummed Ana-Lucia's dea.

I think Michelle Rodriguez is hot. And since we both like sleeping with women we have something in common. :D

Seriously, I liked her character and wish the actress wasn't so f'd up that the producers likely felt compelled to be rid of her.

But why starts the whole Hurley Libby thing and then kill Libby off. Is she even dead? cuz we still have to find out wut she really wants with hurley.

But why starts the whole Hurley Libby thing and then kill Libby off. Is she even dead? cuz we still have to find out wut she really wants with hurley.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When they said "she's dead" they only showed Ana-Lucia. Kate didn't say "they're dead" so perhaps Libby didn't buy the farm.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If thats the case then she will be able to tell the survivors who shot her. And, does anyone remember Libby in the hatch before this incident? I dont. Her dumb drunk butt just cost her a job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When they said "she's dead" they only showed Ana-Lucia. Kate didn't say "they're dead" so perhaps Libby didn't buy the farm.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didnt it also seem like Michael was in the armory with the sling on his arm? Meaning Libby didnt die and told Locke/Jack/Kate who shot her (?) ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didnt it also seem like Michael was in the armory with the sling on his arm? Meaning Libby didnt die and told Locke/Jack/Kate who shot her (?) ...
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't they show Hurley talking to Michael saying he was glad that he was alright? I couldn't tell if he was the amroy though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but you know how these things go sometimes....Ie Libby is "unconscious" for the first 45 min of the show. Michael is not caught and then Libby wakes up and rats him out. Hey, it could happen ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't they show Hurley talking to Michael saying he was glad that he was alright? I couldn't tell if he was the amroy though.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They just played a clip of Hurley saying "I'm glad you're all right" and then they showed Michael. The two may not have been connected. The preview also showed Kate crying and being consoled by Sawyer. I find it hard to believe she'd be crying over Ana-Lucia or even Libby. So what happens (or happened) to make Kate break down?

This is the question. It has to be brainwashing of some kind. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He wouldn't have said "I'm sorry" if he was brainwashed.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps. I agree with the idea that he may have been told he had to execute this plan in order to get Walt back. That also makes sense. Of course, it makes no sense for The Others to give Walt back which means they're simply using Michael to (again) inflitrate and destroy the survivors from within.

As soon as Michael shot himself I said to my wife Michael is going to frame Henry and get everybody on his side to go after the others.

Now the previews sort of make it look like Libby didn't die and said Michael shot her. Of course these previews are always suspect.

As soon as Michael shot himself I said to my wife Michael is going to frame Henry and get everybody on his side to go after the others.

Now the previews sort of make it look like Libby didn't die and said Michael shot her. Of course these previews are always suspect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No one was opposing Michael, so I dont see why he needed to frame Henry to convince everybody to go after the Others with him.

If Michael was so adamant to go after the Others when he got his strength back, why shoot himself? He is not at full strength with one arm in a sling, right?

This is the question. It has to be brainwashing of some kind. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He wouldn't have said "I'm sorry" if he was brainwashed.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:goodposting: I agree and I think Michael is lying just to get his son back, period. I also think that it might be possible that he is "sick" somehow and that might be why he would be willing to kill Anna Lucia.

Remember, when he grabbed the guns before he left the last time he just locked Jack in the armory. This time instead of doing the same, he killed AL, so either he

1) needs Henry to escape because he is somehow in cahoots with the Others.

2) needs Henry to help him find the Others since as Zeke said, he couldn't find them.

3) is sick out of his mind and no longer has enough restraint in his quest to get his son.

My money is on #2 because we didn't see Henry yet and I think Michael didn't get a chance to leave like he wanted to do. I think he thought he had more time because AL said that Jack went to go get the guns and it would have taken awhile except that Sawyer said AL grabbed his gun and Locke spilled the beans.

Anyway, I have no real idea on this one, even with the preview because as pointed out above, they showed Michael in the armory so it is possible that he got caught.

It just got good and it looks like the last 3 weeks are going to be good! :excited:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No one was opposing Michael, so I dont see why he needed to frame Henry to convince everybody to go after the Others with him.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He did not know about Henry when he first woke up. Anna told him about Henry and gave him the combo, which he could say he didn't know. So he couldn't have opened it up. Deflecting blame.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He did not know about Henry when he first woke up. Anna told him about Henry and gave him the combo, which he could say he didn't know. So he couldn't have opened it up. Deflecting blame.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:confused: You said that Michael was going to frame Michael to get everyone on his side to go after the Others. This doesnt make sense because everyone was already on his side.

Micheal was either brainwashed or lied to by the Others. He knew "Henry" was being held before he "stumbled"across Jack and Kate.

Perhaps I'm reading to much into it, but I thought Michael's expression when he killed Libby was interesting. He was resolute (though apologetic) when he killed Ana Lucia. Then Libby walks in and surprises him. His initial expression when he shoots Libby is one that a person makes when he's screwed up. Maybe he didn't mean to shoot her?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is what is messing with me. Last time he left he knocked out Locke and put Jack in the armory.Why did he kill AL this time? Let's think about it.

If he isn't hanging with the Others, then why even bother killing AL knowing that Jack already went to get the guns.

If he got captured and he has to get Henry to get Walt back, then why not just lock AL in the armory like before.

I just can't come up with a real good explanation of why he had to kill AL and based on his "I'm sorry" it seems like he felt that he had to do that. I understand shooting himself in the arm in order to frame Henry, but something has to be wrong with him for him to go to that length instead of enlisting the survivors to help him.

Perhaps. I agree with the idea that he may have been told he had to execute this plan in order to get Walt back. That also makes sense. Of course, it makes no sense for The Others to give Walt back which means they're simply using Michael to (again) inflitrate and destroy the survivors from within.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could it be that Michael is ensuring that the Losties actually go after the Others and Walt? He wants Walt back and the way the Losties work they could wimp out for whatever reason. Michael said the Others are weak and could be defeated. If the Others were forcing him to act against the Losties then why mention that? I think it's possible he's guaranteeing they act against the Others. The way the events developed - AL having the gun, they being alone, etc - all seem too random to be planned for in advance...

Perhaps I'm reading to much into it, but I thought Michael's expression when he killed Libby was interesting.  He was resolute (though apologetic) when he killed Ana Lucia.  Then Libby walks in and surprises him.  His initial expression when he shoots Libby is one that a person makes when he's screwed up.  Maybe he didn't mean to shoot her?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think he did. I think if he made a pact with The Others it involved freeing Henry, killing Ana-Lucia or (quite likely IMO) both.

Perhaps I'm reading to much into it, but I thought Michael's expression when he killed Libby was interesting.  He was resolute (though apologetic) when he killed Ana Lucia.  Then Libby walks in and surprises him.  His initial expression when he shoots Libby is one that a person makes when he's screwed up.  Maybe he didn't mean to shoot her?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
libby's shooting seems to be accidental. michael is also paying back AL for killing shannon, i think.

Interesting tid bit...my gf is a manager at a bookstore and she pointed this out...the book sawyer was reading is called bad twin...a Lost tie in book released last week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think he did. I think if he made a pact with The Others it involved freeing Henry, killing Ana-Lucia or (quite likely IMO) both.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's the most straightforward explanation, of course, given the way things played out. however, i think it's possible (not likely) that my alternate motive is viable.

Users who are viewing this thread