What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (3 Viewers)

65 minutes, thanks for the tip, I'll have to make sure to adjust the TiVo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is getting old.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not everyone has a Tivo, some of us still do it the old fashion way...
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're taping this show on VHS? Oh bull####.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/QUOTE]I do not have a Tivo, I tape the shows on VHS...
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/QUOTE]Same here. Then I buy the season set DVD when it's released.

I don't know if you guys caught this, but "BAD TWIN" is a manuscript that Hurley found and it was written by Gary Troup.  Then of course Sawyer was just reading it before it got thrown in the bonfire.

Gary Troup is an anagram for PURGATORY.

Just a friendly FYI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was going to write something bitter, but I thought better of it.This has been mentioned at least 10 times in this thread.

We even knew about it before it appeared on the show.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean we 'have a life'. ;) Not everyone has read all 130+ pages of this thread. :bag:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know if you guys caught this, but "BAD TWIN" is a manuscript that Hurley found and it was written by Gary Troup.  Then of course Sawyer was just reading it before it got thrown in the bonfire.

Just a friendly FYI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was going to write something bitter, but I thought better of it.This has been mentioned at least 10 times in this thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean we 'have a life'. ;) Not everyone has read all 130+ pages of this thread. :bag:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get this post. I see these all the time, but I am not sure if it was a quote and mistake or does quoting a quote about you with no reply mean something?

Just a friendly FYI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get this post. I see these all the time, but I am not sure if it was a quote and mistake or does quoting a quote about you with no reply mean something?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I didn't say the "we have a life part". I think the quote got mixed in. I've done that.

Going over the Dharma Initiative efforts I keep finding parallels with the Asimov Foundation series of novels. The gist of the Foundation novels is that Hari Seldon creates a mathematical method for predicting events. He predicts the downfall of the massive Galactic Empire. To minimize the length of recovery for the collapsed Empire, he creates the Foundation: a massive group of scientists, tucked away on the outskirts of the galaxy, charged with ensuring the future of humanity.

I'm probably just seeing the parallels because I'm reading the series now.

are any of u guyz reading the Lost Book, i'm thinking about ordering it (its the manuscript that Sawyer is reading on the show)

i'll find the link ....

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=.../en_tv_eo/18962

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if the author's name is an anagram.P.S. "u guyz"? c'mon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry that i offended you with "guyz" :rolleyes: Are you being sarcastic with the author's name being an anagram? It is in the first line of the link....

are any of u guyz reading the Lost Book, i'm thinking about ordering it (its the manuscript that Sawyer is reading on the show)

i'll find the link ....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry that i offended you with "guyz" :rolleyes: Are you being sarcastic with the author's name being an anagram? It is in the first line of the link....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
scroll up about half the page.

i'll find the link ....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
scroll up about half the page.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:bag: carry on with your regular scheduled Lost discussion. :bag:

I agree that Libby dying is going to push Hurley over the edge - who doesnt bring a blanket to a picnic??

Both of those chicks got picked up for DUI on the same night.  Looks like the producers dont #### around with that.

I'm going to be really ####### pissed if they kill of Ecko already.  In my opinion we havent seen enough of him this entire season.  When given the chance he has been great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry about Eko. If he was going to die, they wouldn't show it to us in a preview.Eko has a lot more to do and I think him falling (not spoiler, just my opinion based on the preview scene with Locke and Eko in what looks like a bunker) leads to them finding another bunker.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to see Eko fall a couple hundred feet...and land safely in the nanocloud.

Just a friendly FYI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I didn't say the "we have a life part". I think the quote got mixed in. I've done that.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks. I forgot about that. I haven't posted one like that before, but I do remember typing when it seemed to start in the middle of the post instead of the end.

Did we ever get a date on that washer/dryer combo?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just that its recent.Hey, did you guys know that Gary Troup is an anagram for Purgatory?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gary Troup, Gary Troup,... I know that name from somewhere.Hey, I googled his name and found this at Barnes & Noble's web site:

FROM THE PUBLISHER

Paul Artisan, P. I., is a new version of an old breed-a righter of wrongs, someone driven to get to the bottom of things. Too bad his usual cases are of the boring malpractice and fraud variety. Until now. His new gig turns on the disappearance of one of a pair of twins, adult scions of a rich but tragedy-prone family. The missing twin-a charismatic poster-boy for irresponsibility-has spent his life daring people to hate him, punishing himself endlessly for his screw-ups and misdeeds. The other twin-Artisan's client-is dutiful and resentful in equal measure, bewildered that his "other half" could have turned out so badly, and wracked by guilt at his inability to reform him. He has a more practical reason, as well, for wanting his brother found: their crazy father, in failing health and with guilty secrets of his own, will not divide the family fortune until both siblings are accounted for. But it isn't just a fortune that's at stake here. Truth itself is up for grabs, as the detective's discoveries seem to challenge everything we think we know about identity, and human nature, and family. As Artisan journeys across the globe to track down the bad twin, he seems to have moved into a mirror-world where friends and enemies have a way of looking very much alike. The P. I. may have his long-awaited chance to put his courage and ideals to the test, but if he doesn't get to the bottom of this case soon, it could very well cost him his life. Troup's long-awaited Bad Twin is a suspenseful novel that touches on many powerful themes, including the consequence of vengeance, the power of redemption, and where to turn when all seems lost.
Read the description of the missing twin. It sounds just like Sawyer. I bet last week's episode with Jack having a half sister was just a misdirection and that Jack and Sawyer are really twins (fraternal of course). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that Libby dying is going to push Hurley over the edge - who doesnt bring a blanket to a picnic??

Both of those chicks got picked up for DUI on the same night.  Looks like the producers dont #### around with that.

I'm going to be really ####### pissed if they kill of Ecko already.  In my opinion we havent seen enough of him this entire season.  When given the chance he has been great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry about Eko. If he was going to die, they wouldn't show it to us in a preview.Eko has a lot more to do and I think him falling (not spoiler, just my opinion based on the preview scene with Locke and Eko in what looks like a bunker) leads to them finding another bunker.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to see Eko fall a couple hundred feet...and land safely in the nanocloud.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, maybe the black nano cloud will become Scooby to his Shaggy. They can show Eko building the church and flipping sticks to him on the beach and laughing as it devours Aaron (think Scooby snacks).Then at the end of the series finale the black nano cloud and Eko discover Him after getting chased around the underground hatch tunnels by Desmond (with funny chase music playing in the background) and as the police take Him away, Him yells "And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the meddlesome kids!"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that is a spoiler, I'm coming after you. :boxing:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:no: Not a spoiler. Just something I hope to see.

And here's aother hunch I have. Also not a spoiler, but I'll post it in white:

I think Desmond is running the show. He stuck around long enough to convince Locke and Jack that they needed to re-set the timer every 108 minutes, then he bugged out.

And, no one has any comments on the

keyboard with all ? keys in the Canadian preview?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't because that preview was too chopped up and quick paced to get a lot out of and since I have pretty much forgotten most of it and it is the day of, I don't want to rewatch it carefully.In last week's preview (US one that everyone saw) they showed pretty clearly that Locke and Eko were in another hatch. You could tell by how they were walking that they had never been in there.

Below are spoilers for tonights ? episode. If you don't want to know don't read.

SPOILERS FOR ?

1. AL is dead 

2. Libby is not (for now, and Michael appears to be a weee bit concerned about this)

3. Eko has a dream to follow his brother and go back to the plane...but he must bring along John..to help him find the ?...and to help John for he is in trouble.

4. John and Eko leave to "find "Henry"". Instead they do in fact find the ? which is the 5th station...the Pearl Station...it's below the plane

5. They find an orientation tape at the station which tells them Pearl is an observation station of all the other stations. John sees this and doubts the entire purpose of the island, the pushing of the button and his entire existence.

6. More on Eko's backstory is told...not giving any more here gotta leave some things for people to watch

7. Jack are about to give Libby some heroin (from Sawyer's stash) to ease the pain...but she dies before they can and utters one last word...Michael

Last edited by a moderator:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Desmond is running the show. He stuck around long enough to convince Locke and Jack that they needed to re-set the timer every 108 minutes, then he bugged out.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also believe this. I think we will find this out in the finale.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While this is possible... I'm gonna put myself in the camp that he hasn't lied to us at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While this is possible... I'm gonna put myself in the camp that he hasn't lied to us at all.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am right there with ya Hulk. If the computer hadn't been shot up, I don't think Desmond would have gone anywhere. We could be wrong, but since I was wrong before when I thought that writers were trying to deceive us, I have to take what Desmond told us to heart.The only times that we were deceived, like Michael last week, Sawyer/Charlie with the guns, etc., the deceipt was shown to us that same episode.

I think I'm caught up...but I still have a question.

Who's back story are we getting tonight?

BTW, I visited the Hanso Foundation site to view the commercial. No phone number on it. And the damn theme music won't stop. Gonna have to shut down my browser to try and quiet it.

I think I'm caught up...but I still have a question.

Who's back story are we getting tonight?

BTW, I visited the Hanso Foundation site to view the commercial.  No phone number on it.  And the damn theme music won't stop.  Gonna have to shut down my browser to try and quiet it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Echo I believe. My PC did the same thing on the Hanso site. Had to log out to get rid of it.

Just a friendly FYI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not everyone has read all 130+ pages of this thread. :bag:
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean we 'have a life'. ;)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what happens when you don't scroll down far enough to type your comment. In this case... my bad, I have fixed it above.

Was that Claire's psychic?

What did Eko see? I saw a pattern, but couldn't make out what it was before they switched shots. A question mark???

Tivo issues and the Red Sox - Yankees game cause me to miss the first 15-20 minutes of this episode. Anyone care to summarize for me; first thing I saw was Locke asking Eko why he hit him.

What happened in the first 2 minutes?  The first thing I saw was a bloodied AL talking to Eko.

What happened before that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think this happened before then...Jack, Sawyer, Kate, and Locke made it back to the hatch. Michael stumbled out saying "he shot us and ran off." They all went in and found the other two...

Users who are viewing this thread