What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (4 Viewers)

reguarding the theory of the plane crash being a stage event: Why has there not even been a small amount of any of the episodes that show a present day search occuring or newspaper article about the crash, or grieving relatives?
:confused: Cuz the name of the show is Lost not Plane Crash

reguarding the theory of the plane crash being a stage event:  Why has there not even been a small amount of any of the episodes that show a present day search occuring or newspaper article about the crash, or grieving relatives?
:yucky: great, theory completely debunked. i underestimated the intellect of the thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been mentioned.  I'm not reading previous posts.  Did anyone notice in Charlie's hallucination when his mother and Claire were together on the beach and the dove started to fly, the black smoke thing that we see in different episodes start to fly the same time as the dove?
I noticed that. It convinced me that the nano-cloud is behind the "visions" and "dreams".
:no: Look at the left side of the tree line in this image and you can see its a plane and not a nano cloud. Note: let it load completely, its an animated GIF.
You also hear a propeller engine sounding like it is having engine trouble and then you hear what sounds like an explosion at the same time there is a flash and the dove appears.

reguarding the theory of the plane crash being a stage event:  Why has there not even been a small amount of any of the episodes that show a present day search occuring or newspaper article about the crash, or grieving relatives?
:yucky: great, theory completely debunked. i underestimated the intellect of the thread
There actually have been rumors floated about that there would be an episode from the perspective of those off of the island who have loved ones on the island. Don't know if that will ever happen though.

I think the letter's F-A-T-E written on Charlie's knuckle's during his dream with the piano on the beach was interesting. Makes me believe the theory of good/evil and purgatory a little more.

I think the letter's F-A-T-E written on Charlie's knuckle's during his dream with the piano on the beach was interesting. Makes me believe the theory of good/evil and purgatory a little more.
Don't know if this is of consequence, but the letters used to read L-A-T-E

There actually have been rumors floated about that there would be an episode from the perspective of those off of the island who have loved ones on the island. Don't know if that will ever happen though.
maybe the writers/producers will change the name of the show that week for shadyridr..... :confused:

I think the letter's F-A-T-E written on Charlie's knuckle's during his dream with the piano on the beach was interesting.  Makes me believe the theory of good/evil and purgatory a little more.
The version he wears off-camera reads K-A-T-E

Not sure if this has been mentioned.  I'm not reading previous posts.  Did anyone notice in Charlie's hallucination when his mother and Claire were together on the beach and the dove started to fly, the black smoke thing that we see in different episodes start to fly the same time as the dove?
I noticed that. It convinced me that the nano-cloud is behind the "visions" and "dreams".
:no: Look at the left side of the tree line in this image and you can see its a plane and not a nano cloud. Note: let it load completely, its an animated GIF.
You also hear a propeller engine sounding like it is having engine trouble and then you hear what sounds like an explosion at the same time there is a flash and the dove appears.
Is this the same plane that Boone saw in his dream/vision? The one from Nigeria with the heroin on it?

I think the letter's F-A-T-E written on Charlie's knuckle's during his dream with the piano on the beach was interesting.  Makes me believe the theory of good/evil and purgatory a little more.
We really need to go through this again?
Don't remember it being gone through in the first place. A quick refresher would be nice...please.
Robert Mitchum's character had LOVE tattooed on his right fingers and HATE tattooed on his left fingers in Night of the Hunter. I think the FATE and LATE are literally just play on words here, as an homage to the movie by the writers, and nothing more.

Yeah, wasnt it FATE and then LATE and soon after he lost one when he was taken. I have not looked at his hands lately but he doesnt wear them anymore. A dream shows sequences that are short and usually have symbols attached to them. A hallucination tends to show present day or actual time with crazy things going on while the world outside the focus of the individual continues.My conclusion - Charlie is not using drugs but Locke may very well be.

Just watched this week's episode but the ending got cutoff on recording. Can someone give a quick recap of the final few minutes? I saw Charlie sitting on the beach after getting stiched up and Claire got baptised. Was there a final flashback scene? Any suspense to lead into next week?

well, I'm done again.I gave up half way through last season.Gave it a shot again this season, but that's it.Nothing happens.It's a big soap opera.I don't put anyone down for liking it, but it's just not for me. enjoy

Yeah, wasnt it FATE and then LATE and soon after he lost one when he was taken. I have not looked at his hands lately but he doesnt wear them anymore. A dream shows sequences that are short and usually have symbols attached to them. A hallucination tends to show present day or actual time with crazy things going on while the world outside the focus of the individual continues.My conclusion - Charlie is not using drugs but Locke may very well be.
This is speculation, but hear me out. When they first crashed wasn't his finger-tape LATE, but after he got clean he switched it to FATE (or was it vice-versa.. or negligable)?If I'm correct and he changed it to FATE after cleaning up his act, could the fact we see FATE in the dream sequence be a hint that he's still clean throughout the hallucinations?

Does anyone know the order and when/why Charlie changed the letters, to disprove or support this theory?

Just watched this week's episode but the ending got cutoff on recording. Can someone give a quick recap of the final few minutes? I saw Charlie sitting on the beach after getting stiched up and Claire got baptised. Was there a final flashback scene? Any suspense to lead into next week?
You saw it all. The last few minutes were commercials and then previews for "upcoming" shows. There is no new episode next week, so the previews were very broad.

Don't remember it being gone through in the first place. A quick refresher would be nice...please.
Robert Mitchum's character had LOVE tattooed on his right fingers and HATE tattooed on his left fingers in Night of the Hunter. I think the FATE and LATE are literally just play on words here, as an homage to the movie by the writers, and nothing more.
Yep, and Ozzy has O Z Z Y tattooed on his four fingers - and smiley faces on his kneecaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is speculation, but hear me out. When they first crashed wasn't his finger-tape LATE, but after he got clean he switched it to FATE (or was it vice-versa.. or negligable)?If I'm correct and he changed it to FATE after cleaning up his act, could the fact we see FATE in the dream sequence be a hint that he's still clean throughout the hallucinations?

Does anyone know the order and when/why Charlie changed the letters, to disprove or support this theory?
Pretty sure he began w/ FATE, then changed it to LATE.

At one time I thought that after the crash something entered Locke's body. Allowing him to walk,but slowly taking over his body(it needs to take human form). He knows the island gave him this gift and was open to the islands suggestions or requests as he thinks of them (they are actually demands but, the entity hasn't yet taken over enough of him, so, he thinks of them as requests.) This was back when he knocked out Sayid when he was trying to triangulate the signal.Then he seemed so good for so long, I forgot about it.Now I'm starting to think about it again.

Thanks.

I'm begining to think Locke is a plant and that his payment is being able to walk again.
I'm rewatching season one on DVD. In the episode "Confidence Man" Ethan makes his debut with Locke.

I'm begining to think Locke is a plant and that his payment is being able to walk again.
I'm rewatching season one on DVD. In the episode "Confidence Man" Ethan makes his debut with Locke.
Interesting, but since that was a Locke episode and Ethan was also a "con man", they may have just been trying to hint to us that Ethan was bad.We have seen so much of Locke including him getting to flight 815, that it would be a real stretch for him to be working with the Others. He has his own agenda, but I really don't think he is trying to hurt the Survivors like the Others have. He definitely thinks he knows a lot more about the island than everyone else, but I just think he got fed up with Charlie. He gave him the chance to redeem himself and he was pissed when he found out that Charlie hadn't.

Interesting, but since that was a Locke episode and Ethan was also a "con man", they may have just been trying to hint to us that Ethan was bad.We have seen so much of Locke including him getting to flight 815, that it would be a real stretch for him to be working with the Others. He has his own agenda, but I really don't think he is trying to hurt the Survivors like the Others have. He definitely thinks he knows a lot more about the island than everyone else, but I just think he got fed up with Charlie. He gave him the chance to redeem himself and he was pissed when he found out that Charlie hadn't.
I think I may have been wrong about which episode Ethan showed up in. I watched two episodes yesterday. Confidence Man was a Saywer centric episode. Solitary was the Sayid centric episode. Doesn't really matter though. A few characters were introduced in the episode, the hypochondriac and Ethan, who was first shown in a positive light -- he brought a piece of luggage to the group and gave it to Hurley. Then Ethan and Locke were going on a hunt because Ethan knew a lot about when to hunt boar. Locke was his usual friendly self, but I thought it should be noted that he was the one who brought Ethan to the group.

If so, why was he so obsessive about getting into the hatch?
Because the island made him (obsessed).Remember Eko's "Shadow of the valley." Maybe the shadow can not leave the valley if the #s are entered.

Bump

repeat tonight :cry:
From last year...Numbers

Hurley becomes obsessed with finding the French woman and heads off into the jungle to find her, leaving Jack, Sayid and Charlie no choice but to follow him.

The pacing of the show is just maddening though. I was really looking forward to it tonight and then to come home and find it is a repeat stinks....

Yeah... but LOST is one of the most popular shows in TV... so it's Okay to completely interrupt the flow of the story with a few weeks of repeats because, after all, it's a successful show. :rolleyes:

I just cannot get into this show. I watch one episode and get totally confused, then when I check in the next week it's a rerun so I lose interest. Too much teasing and not enough progress.

I just cannot get into this show. I watch one episode and get totally confused, then when I check in the next week it's a rerun so I lose interest. Too much teasing and not enough progress.
I just cannot get into your avatar. I watch one girl-on-girl kiss and get totally confused, then when I check in the next post it's a rerun so I lose interest. Too much teasing and not enough progress.

I just cannot get into this show.  I watch one episode and get totally confused, then when I check in the next week it's a rerun so I lose interest.  Too much teasing and not enough progress.
I just cannot get into your avatar. I watch one girl-on-girl kiss and get totally confused, then when I check in the next post it's a rerun so I lose interest. Too much teasing and not enough progress.
:lmao: :lmao:

I just cannot get into this show.  I watch one episode and get totally confused, then when I check in the next week it's a rerun so I lose interest.  Too much teasing and not enough progress.
:lmao: Awesome.

:lmao: Nice!By the way, I actually enjoyed watching that repeat last night. Hurley was funny, the scene finding (I forgot about that bridge) the French lady was great. They had Locke building Claire a cradle, which was some good foreshadowing.

On the Locke thing, I think there is no malevolence on Locke's part with Charlie. I starting thinking about Locke's relationship with his Dad and Mom and realized that even in season 1, he would definitely watch out for Aaron. When Charlie gave Locke his stash, Locke trusted him, after last week I think Locke just wanted to keep Aaron safe.

Also, it was kind of funny that it was Hurley trying to find the french lady for the numbers on the sheet of paper that Sayid took that got Walt kidnapped. If Hurley hadn't gone out of his way to find her, he would not have gotten the battery which powered the radar that "found" the Others boat. The raft would have just kept going because the Others boat, based on the radar screen, came somewhat close but turned away until the flare.

That last bit of ingo really made me think that sometimes the reruns aren't all bad. If they pick the right ones to sprinkle in, then it is nice to rewatch them and see the tie ins to recent or upcoming shows (the french lady will be showing up soon I am sure).

:lmao: Nice!By the way, I actually enjoyed watching that repeat last night. Hurley was funny, the scene finding (I forgot about that bridge) the French lady was great. They had Locke building Claire a cradle, which was some good foreshadowing.

On the Locke thing, I think there is no malevolence on Locke's part with Charlie. I starting thinking about Locke's relationship with his Dad and Mom and realized that even in season 1, he would definitely watch out for Aaron. When Charlie gave Locke his stash, Locke trusted him, after last week I think Locke just wanted to keep Aaron safe.

Also, it was kind of funny that it was Hurley trying to find the french lady for the numbers on the sheet of paper that Sayid took that got Walt kidnapped. If Hurley hadn't gone out of his way to find her, he would not have gotten the battery which powered the radar that "found" the Others boat. The raft would have just kept going because the Others boat, based on the radar screen, came somewhat close but turned away until the flare.

That last bit of ingo really made me think that sometimes the reruns aren't all bad. If they pick the right ones to sprinkle in, then it is nice to rewatch them and see the tie ins to recent or upcoming shows (the french lady will be showing up soon I am sure).
Good catch. So they are both cursed because of the #s. It doesn't affect them but, does people around them. Like the wife in Australia.Maybe this was a good time for the writers to remind us.

Users who are viewing this thread