What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (2 Viewers)

This was great.Really well written episode tonight. I went from thinking it was Ana Lucia who kidnapped Sun, to Locke*, back to AL working with Sawyer.. just to be :shock: when it was Evil Charlie. Great stuff.*I thought it was Locke because how could AL know what the hood looked like. I mean she could have woven a hood and gotten lucky, but Locke saw it and could have made a simple mistake with the "details". Who knew Sawyer could knit.

Last edited by a moderator:
what happened right at the end when sawyer got in the car and looked over at the drivers seat. Tivo stopped tapping there.

what happened right at the end when sawyer got in the car and looked over at the drivers seat. Tivo stopped tapping there.
He counted [one mississippi, two mississippi, ...] then went back into the house to take the real duffle bag.edit: There was no one in the driver's seat.

The interesting part about tonights episode is the preview for next week, the spy.

Let the theories begin.

The book Locke was flipping through was "The Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge".From Wikipedia:

An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" is the story of a man who is sentenced to death by hanging at the Owl Creek Bridge of the title.When he is hanged the rope breaks and the main character falls into the water, from which he begins a journey back to his home. During his journey, he starts to feel some strange physiological events that ultimately end with a searing pain in his neck. It turns out that the man never escaped; he imagined the entire thing during the time between being pushed off the bridge and the noose finally breaking his neck.
This won't suspend any of the :tinfoilhat: theories that they're dead.

The interesting part about tonights episode is the preview for next week, the spy.

Let the theories begin.
Spy? The guy was caught in a net, from a trap, and had an arrow in his shoulder. Seems pretty unlikely that he had infiltrated the survivors.

Anyone care to summarize what happened in the last 5-10 minutes? The last I saw was Hurley and Sayid on the beach picking up a radio station, then my Tivo gave me the finger and stopped recording.

Moonlight Serenade was the song picked up on Sayid's new radio. Here's a Wikipedia excerpt about Glenn Miller

On December 15, 1944, he was scheduled to fly from England to Paris to play for the soldiers who had recently liberated the city. His plane departed from Twinwoods Airfield, Clapham, a village near Bedford, but disappeared over the English Channel and was never found. Miller's disappearence remains a mystery; the fact that neither Miller's remains nor the wreckage of his plane (a single-engined Noorduyn Norseman UC-64, USAAF Tail Number 44-70285) were ever recovered from the Channel have led to many conspiracy theories over the years. A popular theory holds that, in the foggy weather that bedeviled the Channel on that day, Glenn Miller's plane strayed into a "safe drop" zone and was bombed out of the air by Canadian Air Force bombers disposing of bombs that went unused during an aborted bombing run on German positions. Despite Miller's disappearence, his band continued to play for troops until August 1945, when the members were discharged and returned to New York.

Anyone care to summarize what happened in the last 5-10 minutes? The last I saw was Hurley and Sayid on the beach picking up a radio station, then my Tivo gave me the finger and stopped recording.
Basically they got an old 50's station.. nothing bigCharlie met Sawyer in the woods... Charlie was in cahoots.. he attacked Sun and tracked Locke. It wasn't for the heroin (sawyer thought it was).. he wanted Locke to look bad and feel like an idiot. He askes Sawyer how he could think that way and sawyer says he's just a bad person.

Next week's preview shows the group capturing one of the others... sayed tortures him and they let the clock run out in the bunker....

Same here, except I found out it was charlie, then bang....What happened with Sawyer and the chick?

What about previews.

THANKS

Same here, except I found out it was charlie, then bang....What happened with Sawyer and the chick?

What about previews.

THANKS
Thanks icon.. all answered exceptWhat happened with Sawyer and the chick?

]
Basically they got an old 50's station.. nothing bigCharlie met Sawyer in the woods... Charlie was in cahoots.. he attacked Sun and tracked Locke. It wasn't for the heroin (sawyer thought it was).. he wanted Locke to look bad and feel like an idiot. He askes Sawyer how he could think that way and sawyer says he's just a bad person.

Next week's preview shows the group capturing one of the others... sayed tortures him and they let the clock run out in the bunker....
Mucho gracias

Sawyer walked into the woods and Charlie :shock: said no one can ever know what he did to Sun. Sawyer asked Charlie why he helped and Charlie said he wanted Locke to look like a sucker. Charlie asked Sawyer why he planned everything and they flashback to Cassidy's house. Sawyer had switched bags on her, and gave her a dummy bag and had the real cash hidden on a chair under the table. They flash back to the island and Sawyer tells Charlie he did it becuase he's "just a bad person".

What about previews.

THANKS
Thanks icon.. all answered exceptWhat happened with Sawyer and the chick?
Sawyer confessed to the chick. He filled a duffle bag with her cash and told her to leave. He then took the briefcase [with no cash] out to a car where the guy who said he wouuld kill them was waiting. Sawyer sat in the car, started counting, and looked over to the driver's seat. There was no one there.He walked back to the house, took the real duffle bag off a chair, and left.

Anyone think that next week's show is going to end just where tonight's preview ended (with the clock reaching zeo)?

:wall:

Anyone think that next week's show is going to end just where tonight's preview ended (with the clock reaching zeo)?

:wall:
Probably.Was Hurley's comment at the end a dig at the obsessive fans, or a hint at future discoveries about the island?

Specifically, the 50's radio music could be from "any time" as well as from any place.

As for the ep, a Con of some sort was painfully obvious from the beginning, but the details were questionable til the end. Definitely better ep than the last one.

Sawyer had the lines of the night:

To Kate: You vs Sun, hot oil death match, my moneys on you, Sheena.

Referred to Sun as "Tokyo Rose"

To the group: Theres a new sherrif in town, boys. Yall best get used to it!

:lmao: :lmao:

BTW, The "manuscript" Hurley was reading was titled "Bad Twin" by Gary Troup. Heres a little more info:

Bad Twin by Gary Troup:

Sometimes evil has a familiar face . . .

Paul Artisan, P.I. is a new version of an old breed -- a righter of wrongs, someone driven to get to the bottom of things. Too bad his usual cases are of the boring malpractice and fraud variety. Until now.

His new gig turns on the disappearance of one of a pair of twins, adult scions of a rich but tragedy-prone family. The missing twin -- a charismatic poster-boy for irresponsibility -- has spent his life daring people to hate him, punishing himself endlessly for his screw-ups and misdeeds. The other twin -- Artisan's client -- is dutiful and resentful in equal measure, bewildered that his "other half" could have turned out so badly, and wracked by guilt at his inability to reform him. He has a more practical reason, as well, for wanting his brother found: their crazy father, in failing health and with guilty secrets of his own, will not divide the family fortune until both siblings are accounted for.

But it isn't just a fortune that's at stake here. Truth itself is up for grabs, as the detective's discoveries seem to challenge everything we think we know about identity, and human nature, and family. As Artisan journeys across the globe to track down the bad twin, he seems to have moved into a mirror-world where friends and enemies have a way of looking very much alike. The P.I. may have his long-awaited chance to put his courage and ideals to the test, but if he doesn't get to the bottom of this case soon, it could very well cost him his life.

Troup's long-awaited Bad Twin is a suspenseful novel that touches on many powerful themes, including the consequence of vengeance, the power of redemption, and where to turn when all seems lost."
(Warning: potential spoiler below)Gary Troupe ficitious writer according to this:

The ABC television network and sister publishing label Hyperion Books are taking the concept of product placement into a new direction -- by turning an imaginary product into a real one. Producers of ABC's mega-hit castaway thriller "Lost" plan to introduce a new storyline centering on the discovery of a fictitious manuscript that will become the basis for a real-life novel that Hyperion will publish this spring. The book will then be promoted as the work of an author, named Gary Troup, who supposedly delivered the manuscript to Hyperion days before perishing in the show's stage-setting event, a plane crash that maroons a group of survivors on a spooky island. The "Lost" novel, titled "Bad Twin," is described as a private eye mystery about a wealthy heir's search for his evil sibling. Source: CNN

What does everyone who thought last week's episode was bad and pointless, or that it was setting up Locke as a bad guy, think now??

I like the pace of the show. It's like being able to enjoy a nice dinner over 45 minutes, with good food and conversation, instead of devouring it in 5 minutes.

I think that's why I tired of 24 by the second episode of the 3rd season and haven't followed it since. When you're forced to come up with some huge cliff-hanger every week that gets resolved within an hour, you have to keep getting more and more outlandish with each new one. But if you take multiple episodes, or even seasons, to hash them out it's more enjoyable.

It's the journey, not the destination :thumbup:

Cool! It's info like this that make this thread rock. I watch the episodes but I don't really SEE everything. Learning about Glen Miller and Gary Troupe are the reasons I like both, the show and the FFA.

Thank You

PS: any more on Geronimo Jackson?

My guess is that the timer running out happens either in someone's dream sequence, or at the end of the episode, and the next couple episodes will show the island's events from a different POV (similar to the tailies episodes that took place at the same time as events we'd already seen). No way they show what happens when the timer runs out this season, they're going to leave that as the cliffhanger to be resolved in season 3.

Users who are viewing this thread