What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SD Vincent Jackson a sleeper start? (1 Viewer)

gebz306

Footballguy
In addition to Gates, McCardell, Parker and Osgood hurting, Floyd is out. Vincent Jackson at 6'5" may be a sleeper start for somebody. More than likely, Champ will not be covering Jackson.

Tomlinson may see extra attention... not like he doesnt already, but maybe 150 yds rush instead of a normal 180. haha

Thoughts?

Could be, but I wouldn't count on it. If Gates is really out of it, which I hope he isn't, you'd also want to take a look at Brandon Manabannanrama, he could be good for a few catches and maybe a short TD - a real shot in the dark, but possible.

The Chargers really spread the ball around in the passing game. I actually think Jackson would take a hit if Gates doesn't play because it increases the likelihood of him getting covered by Bailey at points during the game, particularly near the goalline.

McCardell doesn't get many targets as it is. I doubt Jackson would either, even with the other guys hurting. I think McCardell will be playing, though.

Over the past 5 weeks McCardell and Jackson have had exactly the same number of targets: 17.

Of course McCardell missed a game in there, so it's scewed.

The point is, Jackson gets his targets anyway, whether the other guys are hurt or not.

The nice thing about Jackson right now is that he's part of the goalline package and they like running the corner fade/jump ball with him. Floyd was the other guy in that package, and he's out. I'd imagine Osgood takes Floyd's spot if he can go, but I would think Jackson would be the option 3 after Gates and Tomlinson around the goalline this week.

Floyd is out. Gates and Parker should be fine (as well as Osgood, but he doesn't play much WR anyway). I don't know about McCardell.

If McCardell doesn't play, Vincent Jackson will start and should play the whole game, so he might be an okay option in a pinch.

Users who are viewing this thread