What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would happen if I fought a featherweight boxer? (1 Viewer)

The awesome part about this is we can disagree. The idea that I wouldn't be physically stronger is baffling. I am equally shocked, in a good way, at how people repeatedly come in here and make the assumption that a guy the size of your average fourth grader would have the physical advantage. Skill - I get this.Smaller, shorter, less reach, less muscle = superhuman. I can't fight this logic. :thumbup:
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I hope it's total fishing. He'd be smaller, shorter, less reach, and more powerful than you when it comes to a punch. And way more able to defend against a punch. Basically, way better in just about everything important to dominate a fight. That and he'd have some boxing skills. Which would be sort of important.J
It isn't a punching contest. I doubt I'd bother to throw one.

The awesome part about this is we can disagree. The idea that I wouldn't be physically stronger is baffling. I am equally shocked, in a good way, at how people repeatedly come in here and make the assumption that a guy the size of your average fourth grader would have the physical advantage. Skill - I get this.Smaller, shorter, less reach, less muscle = superhuman. I can't fight this logic. :goodposting:
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I hope it's total fishing. He'd be smaller, shorter, less reach, and more powerful than you when it comes to a punch. And way more able to defend against a punch. Basically, way better in just about everything important to dominate a fight. That and he'd have some boxing skills. Which would be sort of important.J
Kind of hard to throw a punch when you're already laid out horizontally.

The awesome part about this is we can disagree. The idea that I wouldn't be physically stronger is baffling. I am equally shocked, in a good way, at how people repeatedly come in here and make the assumption that a guy the size of your average fourth grader would have the physical advantage. Skill - I get this.Smaller, shorter, less reach, less muscle = superhuman. I can't fight this logic. :goodposting:
Sweep the leg?

What is it, then? A boxing match, a street fight, MMA?

The awesome part about this is we can disagree. The idea that I wouldn't be physically stronger is baffling. I am equally shocked, in a good way, at how people repeatedly come in here and make the assumption that a guy the size of your average fourth grader would have the physical advantage. Skill - I get this.Smaller, shorter, less reach, less muscle = superhuman. I can't fight this logic. :confused:
Arm wrestling.

So is the point here that size differential does not matter at all -- no matter how small the professional boxer, he will easily beat up a much larger regular guy in a street fight?
Yes--my brother who is 6'2" 220 and played rugby for Canada and also taught martial arts (Aki Jujitsu) would have no chance against Dr. Gobbler or any of the pint sized, lightning fast guys here. In fact, it wouldn't be fair.

So is the point here that size differential does not matter at all -- no matter how small the professional boxer, he will easily beat up a much larger regular guy in a street fight?
Of course size does matter. I don't think any of us know exactly where that tipping point is. But we do all know, with one exception, that Manny Pacquiao of 2 years ago when we weighed 126 points would in all likelihood kick Matuski's ###.

The awesome part about this is we can disagree. The idea that I wouldn't be physically stronger is baffling. I am equally shocked, in a good way, at how people repeatedly come in here and make the assumption that a guy the size of your average fourth grader would have the physical advantage. Skill - I get this.Smaller, shorter, less reach, less muscle = superhuman. I can't fight this logic. :shrug:
Arm wrestling.
:lmao:

I forget, matuski. Can you describe your athletic ability?J
Even with fresh batteries and multiple big screens, he can still post here on Sunday afternoon. \/\/o\/\/
:shrug: It will fade quickly from here.
Interestingly, I'd wager this would be the exact comment many would make after you took one shot from a much smaller professional fighter.
Can you point out to me the 5'0" 115 pound fighter that is going to this to me?I've said it 100 times.. I don't think people are really considering just how tiny this mythical superhuman beast is.

I am your size (6'2", 225lbs) and I have had this debate with friends many times.

I say with certainty I can woop any 5ft nothing 115-125lb guy pretty much regardless of boxing or other skills.

It would be like fighting a fourth grade boxer.
Here is the current featherweight champ Yuriorki Gamboa, he is 5-6 and 125.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sUvA4fuf-M...feature=related

I think the Cyclone would be hit you 10 times before you even got a punch off.

The awesome part about this is we can disagree. The idea that I wouldn't be physically stronger is baffling. I am equally shocked, in a good way, at how people repeatedly come in here and make the assumption that a guy the size of your average fourth grader would have the physical advantage. Skill - I get this.Smaller, shorter, less reach, less muscle = superhuman. I can't fight this logic. :shrug:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.. but we are talking street fight. A fight not bound by forcing me to play to the one advantage this tiny superhuman beast would have on me.. skill.The whole point here is that (for me), this is the line where I could physically deny the tiny guy any access to injure me. This is the line where I feel even the weakest force (whatever that may be) from me can put the tiny guy on his butt.Of course in real life this fight never happens... mainly because I've never met an adult male this size (I can't think of an adult female this small), more importantly - i'm not that guy.

I forget, matuski. Can you describe your athletic ability?

J
Even with fresh batteries and multiple big screens, he can still post here on Sunday afternoon. \/\/o\/\/
:goodposting: It will fade quickly from here.
Interestingly, I'd wager this would be the exact comment many would make after you took one shot from a much smaller professional fighter.
Can you point out to me the 5'0" 115 pound fighter that is going to this to me?I've said it 100 times.. I don't think people are really considering just how tiny this mythical superhuman beast is.
4' 11 1/2'' /118lbs You have NO chance. It will be an ### kicking.

I am your size (6'2", 225lbs) and I have had this debate with friends many times.

I say with certainty I can woop any 5ft nothing 115-125lb guy pretty much regardless of boxing or other skills.

It would be like fighting a fourth grade boxer.
Here is the current featherweight champ Yuriorki Gamboa, he is 5-6 and 125.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sUvA4fuf-M...feature=related

I think the Cyclone would be hit you 10 times before you even got a punch off.
Only off by half a foot. Manute Bol compared to my opponent.

matuski said:
otello said:
Featherweight is 126. Does the height really matter here?
Yes? Eliminating my head as a power target is a nice plus when I square off against mighty mouse.
Understandable. You definitely would want no piece of Celestino Caballero. At 5-11 and 125, he is an absolute freak. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoVR_gzYuFI...feature=relatedThe guy was fighting at 112 a few years ago. What do you think about 5-11 and 112?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would give myself good odds with the likes of Pacquiao. He is listed at 5'6" 126lbs, in the pictures I call serious BS on the 5'6" part - he BARELY clears the top ropes. IN A STREET FIGHT (as in I would not box with him).

5'8"-5'11" 150lbs >>>>>>>>> 5'2"-5'6" 125lbs. No comparison.

I would give myself good odds with the likes of Pacquiao. He is listed at 5'6" 126lbs, in the pictures I call serious BS on the 5'6" part - he BARELY clears the top ropes. IN A STREET FIGHT (as in I would not box with him).

5'8"-5'11" 150lbs >>>>>>>>> 5'2"-5'6" 125lbs. No comparison.
This was my estimation on Pacquiao's size. I didn't believe the 5'6" height from the pictures.. this has been shown correct.

You seem to be at the forefront of those trying to make the two seperate discussions one.

There is the claim about Pacquiao, which resulted from the above. There is the claim about a 5ft. nothing 115-125lb guy. Two topics.

matuski said:
shake zula said:
4' 11 1/2'' /118lbs

You have NO chance. It will be an ### kicking.
:wub: Awesome... this couldn't be a better demonstration of my point. You gotta find a female to get into the weight and heeight parameters. Thanks.
My point was more that even a girl at that stature is going to cream you if she is a professional boxer/mma.
I've knowingly bitten on some bad fishing in this thread. I can't even entertain this one, sorry.

matuski said:
otello said:
Yes? Eliminating my head as a power target is a nice plus when I square off against mighty mouse.
Understandable. You definitely would want no piece of Celestino Caballero. At 5-11 and 125, he is an absolute freak. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoVR_gzYuFI...feature=relatedThe guy was fighting at 112 a few years ago. What do you think about 5-11 and 112?
He'd kill me no doubt... unless he was dumb enough to let me get a hold of him.The height is every bit as important as the weight.

matuski said:
shake zula said:
4' 11 1/2'' /118lbs

:lmao: Awesome... this couldn't be a better demonstration of my point. You gotta find a female to get into the weight and heeight parameters. Thanks.
My point was more that even a girl at that stature is going to cream you if she is a professional boxer/mma.
I've knowingly bitten on some bad fishing in this thread. I can't even entertain this one, sorry.
Are you serious? :thumbup: So is your position that there is no woman on the face of the earth who can kick your butt? Further, if said woman does exist wouldn't she be a boxer/mma fighter? Further, if you believe that no such woman exists isn't that a somewhat dense position?

matuski said:
shake zula said:
4' 11 1/2'' /118lbs

:lmao: Awesome... this couldn't be a better demonstration of my point. You gotta find a female to get into the weight and heeight parameters. Thanks.
Are you serious? :thumbup: So is your position that there is no woman on the face of the earth who can kick your butt? Further, if said woman does exist wouldn't she be a boxer/mma fighter? Further, if you believe that no such woman exists isn't that a somewhat dense position?
No way a woman of that size could take me. Only way is if she got lucky and got me in an arm lock and made me submit, but it's 99.999% chance she loses every time.

matuski said:
otello said:
He'd kill me no doubt... unless he was dumb enough to let me get a hold of him.The height is every bit as important as the weight.
Yeah, Caballero could stay at a distance and pepper you with punches. What would you do against Gamboa? He is going to try and get inside on you.

I have read only the first post and the last page of posts but heres my take.

Apparently we are looking at a 5' 125lb male featherweight professional boxer.

This is going to be a streetfight with no weapons.

OP has no prior experience in professional fighting.

OP says he sill win not just survive?

OP has above average athletic skill.

Yes you have a chance at winning. You could get lucky and catch him with a punch that knocks him out. Opponent being so small drastically lessens this probability, his quickness lessens it as well, as does his knowledge of defense.

So you have very little chance of catching him flush with enough power to stop him.

On the other hand he can almost fearlessly throw punches at your body until you cant take it anymore. He doesnt even have to hit you in the head. If he does hit you in the head you can probably shake off many of them, although it will still suck, very much.

With all this said Id give you 3-5 minutes against an aggressive opponent. You will lose.

I understand your side of the argument. I would never agree that someone could kick my ### be it a featherweight or Brock Lesnar. I have too much confidence in myself .

As an outsider looking in, you don't stand a chance.

Yes you have a chance at winning. You could get lucky and catch him with a punch that knocks him out. Opponent being so small drastically lessens this probability, his quickness lessens it as well, as does his knowledge of defense.

So you have very little chance of catching him flush with enough power to stop him.

On the other hand he can almost fearlessly throw punches at your body until you cant take it anymore. He doesnt even have to hit you in the head. If he does hit you in the head you can probably shake off many of them, although it will still suck, very much.

With all this said Id give you 3-5 minutes against an aggressive opponent. You will lose.

I understand your side of the argument. I would never agree that someone could kick my ### be it a featherweight or Brock Lesnar. I have too much confidence in myself .

This is kinda douchey...just saying.

He is not shaking off a few punches from a pro boxer.

This is kinda douchey...just saying.
I say that because I would hope most people wouldnt agree that someone could kick their ###. A little self pride is all that is needed.

From a featherwieght he will, unless he has a glass jaw.

No.

Jabs and glancing power shots could be shaken off, but a clean power shot from a hard hitting FW like Gamboa or Juan Manual Lopez would stun you enough to end the fight.

Jabs and glancing power shots could be shaken off, but a clean power shot from a hard hitting FW like Gamboa or Juan Manual Lopez would stun you enough to end the fight.
Agreed it will stun him but if it doesnt knock him out hes still alive. The problem is that one power shot is followed by 10-15 more punches, half of which land and jumble his brain until his eyes are bouncing around his head. Lets not lose sight that he doesnt stand a chance but if he has any pride at all he will take a couple punches and keep swinging.

what about shattered ribs? because that is what would happen first..

matuski said:
shake zula said:
4' 11 1/2'' /118lbs

:thumbup: Awesome... this couldn't be a better demonstration of my point. You gotta find a female to get into the weight and heeight parameters. Thanks.
Are you serious? :popcorn: So is your position that there is no woman on the face of the earth who can kick your butt? Further, if said woman does exist wouldn't she be a boxer/mma fighter? Further, if you believe that no such woman exists isn't that a somewhat dense position?
You seem upset. And you just put a whole lotta words in my mouth.Sorry not biting on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread