What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would happen if I fought a featherweight boxer? (1 Viewer)

Interesting premise here, but could be interpreted a couple of different ways.

IN a straight up boxing match? Not a chance, and to think otherwise is beyond silly.

In a street fight/brawl? While falling far short of the near certainty of crushing a random guy that size, I would have to think that an extra 50 pounds of mostly muscle would certainly go a long way towards flipping the odds, particularly if in close quarters where the littler guy couldn't simply dance away and around at will.

But Matuski's dad was a badass too.  That has to count for something!
You are taking this thread quite personally.  But yea.. there is little doubt my dad was a badass.

eta - If I were to guess you are a little guy would I be correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting premise here, but could be interpreted a couple of different ways.

IN a straight up boxing match? Not a chance, and to think otherwise is beyond silly.

In a street fight/brawl? While falling far short of the near certainty of crushing a random guy that size, I would have to think that an extra 50 pounds of mostly muscle would certainly go a long way towards flipping the odds, particularly if in close quarters where the littler guy couldn't simply dance away and around at will.
Don't bother with the logic.  Guys smaller than the smallest guy you know are impervious to it apparently.

This is great schtick, Matuski you need to call out these wannabees who dare question your greatness.
The passive aggressive is awesome. :lmao:

There appears to be some tough guys here... but the guy thinking he could take a dude the size of a 12 year old girl isn't one of them. :thumbup:

He doesn't seriously think this. He knows as well as anyone else that he'd last only as long as Pacqiuo wanted him to last. Probably about 15 seconds.
This thread isn't about Pacquiao.. 99.9% of my posts are related to the 5 foot nothing 125 pound imaginary foe.

Pacquiao, even 9 years ago, wasn't close to fitting this.  Thus the different claim.  

People like to jump on the .1% because there was never a valid argument against the original claim.  So Pacquiao became the focus for others. :shrug:

Size matters. A lot. I'm not sure what some of you guys are thinking.

Having said that, all 130lbs of Omar would choke you out within minutes of the fight. Your idea of just being able to scoop him up and throw him around is silly. He'd take you down and armbar or choke you before you got 2 punches off.

I remember my first day of training BJJ. The guy that walked in before me was about 40 pounds lighter than me, and I remember thinking "how much tougher can this little guy be?" It's a humbling experience getting destroyed by a guy that much smaller than you to the point that he could end your life, easily, if he wanted to.

ETA: Here is the smallish guy I'm talking about - Tony Dedolph (the white dude).
:oldunsure:

Just saw this story, ran it through search, and found this post I made here in 2007. (link to video no longer works)

Terrible event... RIP to the green beret. Tony always seemed like he had a screw loose, which is probably why I chose those words.

Also, this thread was hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread