What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread (2 Viewers)

I was excited this morning to see that a girl sent me 5 questions. Upon looking at her profile, I realize she is a 200+ pound black woman. FWIW I am a skinny white boy. Someone must be screwing with me.
No, she is being smart - she is sending out messages to anyone who she might be interested in because there is nothing to lose and you should be doing the same.
Yeah, a lot of black women online are looking for white guys.
:confused:
What confuses you about that statement?

I was excited this morning to see that a girl sent me 5 questions. Upon looking at her profile, I realize she is a 200+ pound black woman. FWIW I am a skinny white boy. Someone must be screwing with me.
No, she is being smart - she is sending out messages to anyone who she might be interested in because there is nothing to lose and you should be doing the same.
I was assuming sarcasm. Was I wrong?

Yeah

Yeah
Gotcha. Carry on then.

'skillz said:
I've had women on eharmony read my questions too and never answer. They don't close out either for some reason. Heck, I had one send me an icebreaker and when I sent her questions (albeit two weeks later) she read them but never answered.

Bottom line is don't worry about all that and move on to the next. You need to develop a thick skin if you're going to online date - you will be rejected and you will also reject others. It's a numbers game. Unfortunately the good looking women hold the cards since they get so many guys going after them. Just the way it is.
:goodposting:

A fairly attractive chick contacted me unsolicited on Match.com the other day. She seems normal except she lives a solid 50 miles away (she's north LA and I'm central OC). I'm pondering whether a 100 minute car ride is worth it for some tail.
Good Lord, that's perfect for me - close enough to get together with some planning but far enough where we're not up each other's asses. But then again, I'm not looking for a live-in partner.
This worked perfect for me as it still gave us plenty of space. But it now kind of sucks because we want to see each other more often. I would not let it be a deterrent right now though.We you say 50 miles, how long is that time-wise?
50 miles in Southern California can be 60 - 180 minutes depending on the time of day. On average, I would say this commute (Costa Mesa to Burbank) would be at least 1 hour 45 minutes.FWIW, I exchanged a couple e-mails with the chick over the weekend and she hasn't responded to my last e-mail (which is a little odd as she was very quick to reply to the previous e-mails). When she asked what I was doing over the weekend, I responded by explaining that I'll be spending half of my time with my daughter which I have a hunch might have given her pause (even though my profile says I have a kid). That was that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The former model/NFL cheerleader I dated from Match was black. Hot black chicks on Match are some of your best bets for getting a date as I think most white guys don't consider them.

Bisexual and homo guys have been visiting my profile. :unsure:
Not entirely related but... After exchanging a couple e-mails with a chick, I once inadvertently replied back to my own e-mail which then caused Match to suggest contacting 3 other dudes who looked like me. :doh: Also not entirely related but... I'll sometimes peruse the lesbian profiles for spank bank material (ya know, the lipstick lesbians) and it's always amusing to see the chicks that I recognize from Woman Seeking Men profiles.

Bisexual and homo guys have been visiting my profile. :unsure:
Not entirely related but... After exchanging a couple e-mails with a chick, I once inadvertently replied back to my own e-mail which then caused Match to suggest contacting 3 other dudes who looked like me. :doh: Also not entirely related but... I'll sometimes peruse the lesbian profiles for spank bank material (ya know, the lipstick lesbians) and it's always amusing to see the chicks that I recognize from Woman Seeking Men profiles.
:lol:It's fun to switch the search filter to show only girls looking for casual sex. Never tried messaging them though.

'Bucky86 said:
Alright. We're in business now. First response from questions sent just arrived!! Let's do this!!
Dude, chill... You'll eventually get 100 or so matches in your 3 months. Most of the women will flake before you get to the email. Even once you get to the email, another bunch will flake then. Just part of the game.

'OC Zed said:
The former model/NFL cheerleader I dated from Match was black. Hot black chicks on Match are some of your best bets for getting a date as I think most white guys don't consider them.
I agree. I thought Christo was sarcastically replying to my initial post where I implied it shouldn't be weird to get a message from a black girl. He wasn't.

'OC Zed said:
'WhatDoIKnow said:
A fairly attractive chick contacted me unsolicited on Match.com the other day. She seems normal except she lives a solid 50 miles away (she's north LA and I'm central OC). I'm pondering whether a 100 minute car ride is worth it for some tail.
Good Lord, that's perfect for me - close enough to get together with some planning but far enough where we're not up each other's asses. But then again, I'm not looking for a live-in partner.
This worked perfect for me as it still gave us plenty of space. But it now kind of sucks because we want to see each other more often. I would not let it be a deterrent right now though.We you say 50 miles, how long is that time-wise?
50 miles in Southern California can be 60 - 180 minutes depending on the time of day. On average, I would say this commute (Costa Mesa to Burbank) would be at least 1 hour 45 minutes.FWIW, I exchanged a couple e-mails with the chick over the weekend and she hasn't responded to my last e-mail (which is a little odd as she was very quick to reply to the previous e-mails). When she asked what I was doing over the weekend, I responded by explaining that I'll be spending half of my time with my daughter which I have a hunch might have given her pause (even though my profile says I have a kid). That was that.
Think she was implying you guys should get together and took your response as a rejection? :shrug:

'Bucky86 said:
Alright. We're in business now. First response from questions sent just arrived!! Let's do this!!
Who answered your questions: the 18 year old girl, or the 200 lb black chick?

Think she was implying you guys should get together and took your response as a rejection? :shrug:
I don't know... maybe, maybe not. I replied to her on Saturday afternoon, so I don't think she should have interpreted that as me blowing her off. It is what it is.

Something really odd is going on with my Match.com account. I've viewed about 100 profiles and sent about 20 e-mails out in the last couple weeks (I've been on a tear) and only 3 chicks have viewed my profile. That's really odd in itself, but tonight I logged in noticing that a chick that I sent an e-mail to last night had viewed my profile. When I logged back in 5 minutes later, there was no record of that chick ever viewing my profile.

I'm :whoosh:

ETA: No, I didn't put any of these chicks on "Block from Search" which would have blocked them from showing up as viewing me. Baffling, but this reinforces my feelings that Match is pretty fishy to begin with.

Something really odd is going on with my Match.com account. I've viewed about 100 profiles and sent about 20 e-mails out in the last couple weeks (I've been on a tear) and only 3 chicks have viewed my profile. That's really odd in itself, but tonight I logged in noticing that a chick that I sent an e-mail to last night had viewed my profile. When I logged back in 5 minutes later, there was no record of that chick ever viewing my profile. I'm :whoosh:ETA: No, I didn't put any of these chicks on "Block from Search" which would have blocked them from showing up as viewing me. Baffling, but this reinforces my feelings that Match is pretty fishy to begin with.
I've never used Match, but don't most sites have some sort of on/off option for profile views? If the girls have that turned off, they won't show up as viewing your profile (and also won't see who viewed their profiles). At least that's the way it works at POF and OkCupid...

Something really odd is going on with my Match.com account. I've viewed about 100 profiles and sent about 20 e-mails out in the last couple weeks (I've been on a tear) and only 3 chicks have viewed my profile. That's really odd in itself, but tonight I logged in noticing that a chick that I sent an e-mail to last night had viewed my profile. When I logged back in 5 minutes later, there was no record of that chick ever viewing my profile. I'm :whoosh:ETA: No, I didn't put any of these chicks on "Block from Search" which would have blocked them from showing up as viewing me. Baffling, but this reinforces my feelings that Match is pretty fishy to begin with.
I've never used Match, but don't most sites have some sort of on/off option for profile views? If the girls have that turned off, they won't show up as viewing your profile (and also won't see who viewed their profiles). At least that's the way it works at POF and OkCupid...
Not going to defend Match because I do think they've got some questionable tactics, but that girl also could have deleted or hid her account...guessing that would account for her not showing up on said list any longer.

Not going to defend Match because I do think they've got some questionable tactics, but that girl also could have deleted or hid her account...guessing that would account for her not showing up on said list any longer.
I don't know what happened, but the chick reappeared 20 minutes later. :shrug:

Time to dip my toe back into this.

Problem is, I have very few pictures (just not the guy that takes a bunch) that don't involve my ex.

Any tips?

Time to dip my toe back into this.Problem is, I have very few pictures (just not the guy that takes a bunch) that don't involve my ex.Any tips?
Is she hot? If so, post at least one picture with her. If you're looking for a real relationship with an emotionally stable woman that's a bad idea but if you're looking for some fun it never hurts to send a message they'll have to work harder to meet that bar before you start.

Alright, I fired this up again last week.

I'll start on Match a little later, but I'm going to enjoy the slower pace of an eHarmony free trial I got for a while. I have a free month, so might as well use it.

What was definitely interesting - I didn't get many responses the first few days, until I added two (much better) pictures that I took recently. Then responses came flooding in. I took down the "older" ones - it's amazing how much that makes a difference.

I closed this girl a few days ago because she viewed my profile 12 days prior and then never responded to my questions JUST now answered them. First of all, why wait 12 days? We're all on this online-dating thing for the same reason. Don't play coy. Second of all. If I closed her, how did she contact me?!!?
People have lives. Maybe she checked it 12 days ago then simply got caught up with work and had another date or two that didn't go well.If you're an important person in her life no way should she wait 12 days to contact you. But you're one of many dudes on the internet hitting on her. Play it cool and make it seem like you have some other things going on in life. But move forward on this one. After all, you caught her interest.And simmer down tiger.

I closed this girl a few days ago because she viewed my profile 12 days prior and then never responded to my questions JUST now answered them. First of all, why wait 12 days? We're all on this online-dating thing for the same reason. Don't play coy. Second of all. If I closed her, how did she contact me?!!?
People have lives. Maybe she checked it 12 days ago then simply got caught up with work and had another date or two that didn't go well.If you're an important person in her life no way should she wait 12 days to contact you. But you're one of many dudes on the internet hitting on her. Play it cool and make it seem like you have some other things going on in life. But move forward on this one. After all, you caught her interest.And simmer down tiger.
:goodposting:It's not playing coy. It's dating other people. Relax.

:goodposting:It's not playing coy. It's dating other people. Relax.
Let's be honest - on a scale of 1-10 you're a 6, right?ETA - no hate intended. I'm plenty average in the looks department as well. We can't all have Stu's GI-Joe chiseled physique and good looks.

Send her the bat picks.

:shrug: I'd put myself in the 7+ range. The girls are mostly ranging in the 5's to the occasional 7. It's probably my height. I'm only 5'8". I'm assuming it's like match.com where every girl wants their 6'0" prince. Doesn't bother me too much getting shot down. I'm not ugly. I have a good job. Im well traveled. I'm just doing this as an exercise. I have a great girl already that is long distance right now. We're seeing other people until she moves out here in 6 months.
Somebody else want to field this one?

:shrug: I'd put myself in the 7+ range. The girls are mostly ranging in the 5's to the occasional 7. It's probably my height. I'm only 5'8". I'm assuming it's like match.com where every girl wants their 6'0" prince. Doesn't bother me too much getting shot down. I'm not ugly. I have a good job. Im well traveled. I'm just doing this as an exercise. I have a great girl already that is long distance right now. We're seeing other people until she moves out here in 6 months.
Somebody else want to field this one?
:lmao: I know this girl really well. She's best friends with my really good friend and his girlfriend. She's not sleeping around.
How old are you?Edit: and how old is she?

:shrug: I'd put myself in the 7+ range. The girls are mostly ranging in the 5's to the occasional 7. It's probably my height. I'm only 5'8". I'm assuming it's like match.com where every girl wants their 6' prince. Doesn't bother me too much getting shot down. I'm not ugly. I have a good job. Im well traveled. I'm just doing this as an exercise. I have a great girl already that is long distance right now. We're seeing other people until she moves out here in 6 months.
No hate here GB, but just being real...height can be more important than looks to a lot of women. Many women will completely rule out a guy as a potential mate if he is less than 1"-2" taller than them in heels.

Match is a major letdown. Heard from a new guy there, asked him how his weekend was. Response:

no not much house work and took my bike for a ride hun how about you i have 3 kids myself hun i like your profile i am looking for a honest woman i am a very honest man i am not into head games hun life is to short i have to tell you hun you are a very pretty looking woman i am new at this dating sights hu you have a good evening hun my kids are my life hun i love kids to death '
"hun" :lmao: For the life of me I can't get a response on Match.com while having zero issues on any other dating site. I'm shuked.
Go Costanza opposite there?

Match is a major letdown. Heard from a new guy there, asked him how his weekend was. Response:

no not much house work and took my bike for a ride hun how about you i have 3 kids myself hun i like your profile i am looking for a honest woman i am a very honest man i am not into head games hun life is to short i have to tell you hun you are a very pretty looking woman i am new at this dating sights hu you have a good evening hun my kids are my life hun i love kids to death '
"hun" :lmao: For the life of me I can't get a response on Match.com while having zero issues on any other dating site. I'm shuked.
Go Costanza opposite there?
And if you're only 5'8", tell them you're 6'0". Just make sure to wear Timbos.

People have lives. Maybe she checked it 12 days ago then simply got caught up with work and had another date or two that didn't go well.If you're an important person in her life no way should she wait 12 days to contact you. But you're one of many dudes on the internet hitting on her. Play it cool and make it seem like you have some other things going on in life. But move forward on this one. After all, you caught her interest.

And simmer down tiger.
:goodposting: It's not playing coy. It's dating other people. Relax.
Let's be honest - on a scale of 1-10 you're a 6, right?ETA - no hate intended. I'm plenty average in the looks department as well. We can't all have Stu's GI-Joe chiseled physique and good looks.
:lol: Don't forget the 6'3" frame. :thumbup: And offdee is right about the height thing. A short "7+" is probably going to be docked a point or two.

We got a live one here! The girl that waited 12 days to write me just sent her must haves/can't stands within 30 minutes of me responding to her questions. Is this cause for concern? :unsure:
:headexplode:Let it simmer. Don't respond right now. Come back in 2 days to bump and ask for more advice.

'Bucky86 said:
'Dr. Awesome said:
'Bucky86 said:
We got a live one here! The girl that waited 12 days to write me just sent her must haves/can't stands within 30 minutes of me responding to her questions. Is this cause for concern? :unsure:
:headexplode:Let it simmer. Don't respond right now. Come back in 2 days to bump and ask for more advice.
I'm not responding right now. Wait 2 days to return with mine?
You know I used to wait two days, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread