What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jorts: Reloaded (1 Viewer)

ever think its pretty lame to be grown men and criticize others on what they wear?

Fall into the gap I guess. Who cares about wearing what ya want, when ya want.
I like this answer best.
We're trying to help jort-wearers see the error in their way and also improve the overall appearance of society.
You slaves to fashion, you. They were all that less then 5 years ago. Now you guys will throw them out rather than be caught dead in them. Sound like beeyotches to me. :lol: Although I have to agree, there are indeed fashion faux pax dictated by the passing of time...

:drive:

...and I'll admit I am more inclined to wear something like these over straight up "jorts."

:lmao:

ever think its pretty lame to be grown men and criticize others on what they wear?

I like this answer best.
We're trying to help jort-wearers see the error in their way and also improve the overall appearance of society.
You slaves to fashion, you. They were all that less then 5 years ago. Now you guys will throw them out rather than be caught dead in them. Sound like beeyotches to me. :lol: Although I have to agree, there are indeed fashion faux pax dictated by the passing of time...

:drive:

...and I'll admit I am more inclined to wear something like these over straight up "jorts."

I agree with this line of thinking. Sure, there are fads that are extremely outrageous. But we're talking about JEAN SHORTS. Its not a radical idea. Jeans are a classic look. Jean shorts will never die. Get over it.

It seems to me that the older people (over 40?) on this board think jean shorts are a no no. :shrug:But like I said most younger people in NY wear jean shorts. But they gotta be a little big and baggy. Tucking in your shirt is gay and above the knee is also teh gay. I suppose maybe Ill change my mind when Im not in my 20s.

There is nothing wrong with denim shorts. Anyone that says otherwise simply lacks fashion sense. That said, the cut, wash, and fit can certainly make any fabric look bad.

My guess is that the haters are thinking back to the days of cut off frayed shorts. Those are no longer in style.
They are thinking of this. Jorts WearerCan't wait for Jorts: Revolutions

Last edited by a moderator:

I like this answer best.
You slaves to fashion, you. They were all that less then 5 years ago. Now you guys will throw them out rather than be caught dead in them. Sound like beeyotches to me. :ph34r: Although I have to agree, there are indeed fashion faux pax dictated by the passing of time...

:shrug:

I think I'm on the right side of this debate.

I like this answer best.
You slaves to fashion, you. They were all that less then 5 years ago. Now you guys will throw them out rather than be caught dead in them. Sound like beeyotches to me. ;) Although I have to agree, there are indeed fashion faux pax dictated by the passing of time...

:mellow:

Those jean shorts are light and have no pockets. I wear jean shorts that have cargo pockets. Plus no matter what that guy was wearing would look gay. The way hes standing and the tucking in the shirt is what makes him look gay.

I like this answer best.
You slaves to fashion, you. They were all that less then 5 years ago. Now you guys will throw them out rather than be caught dead in them. Sound like beeyotches to me. ;) Although I have to agree, there are indeed fashion faux pax dictated by the passing of time...

:wall:
Those jean shorts are light and have no pockets. I wear jean shorts that have cargo pockets. Plus no matter what that guy was wearing would look gay. The way hes standing and the tucking in the shirt is what makes him look gay.
Better?

Clayton Gray said:
shadyridr said:
Clayton Gray said:
glock said:
Clayton Gray said:
roadkill1292 said:
caul said:

I like this answer best.
You slaves to fashion, you. They were all that less then 5 years ago. Now you guys will throw them out rather than be caught dead in them. Sound like beeyotches to me. :o Although I have to agree, there are indeed fashion faux pax dictated by the passing of time...

:o

:o
Better?
Once again his shirt is tucked in and the shorts have no cargo pockets. Find me a pic where the guy's pose isnt teh gay.Anyway, arent you the heavy metal fan? Remind me not to take fashion advice from a heavy metal fan.

urbanhack said:
BGP said:
ILUVBEER99 said:
Definition of jorts in the urban dictionary.

Jean shorts. Worn mostly by children and douchebags. Jorts are perhaps the easiest way to recognize people you will not like. If you wear jorts, you probably don't talk to girls. The term "jorts" does not apply to jean shorts worn by black people, as those are entirely acceptable.
Jorts are classic and will never go out of style.....
for people who live in trailer parks.
What have you got against people living in trailer parks?

urbanhack said:
BGP said:
ILUVBEER99 said:

Jean shorts. Worn mostly by children and douchebags. Jorts are perhaps the easiest way to recognize people you will not like. If you wear jorts, you probably don't talk to girls. The term "jorts" does not apply to jean shorts worn by black people, as those are entirely acceptable.
They wear jorts.

It seems to me that the older people (over 40?) on this board think jean shorts are a no no. :shrug:But like I said most younger people in NY wear jean shorts. But they gotta be a little big and baggy. Tucking in your shirt is gay and above the knee is also teh gay. I suppose maybe Ill change my mind when Im not in my 20s.
If they go below the knee, they're not shorts; they're capris. :mellow:

BGP said:
glock said:
Clayton Gray said:
roadkill1292 said:
caul said:

I like this answer best.

:mellow:

I agree with this line of thinking. Sure, there are fads that are extremely outrageous. But we're talking about JEAN SHORTS. Its not a radical idea. Jeans are a classic look. Jean shorts will never die. Get over it.
:lol: Keep doing this.

Clayton Gray said:
shadyridr said:
Clayton Gray said:
glock said:
Clayton Gray said:
roadkill1292 said:
caul said:

I like this answer best.
You slaves to fashion, you. They were all that less then 5 years ago. Now you guys will throw them out rather than be caught dead in them. Sound like beeyotches to me. :hot: Although I have to agree, there are indeed fashion faux pax dictated by the passing of time...

:X

:hot:
Better?
Once again his shirt is tucked in and the shorts have no cargo pockets. Find me a pic where the guy's pose isnt teh gay.
A pic of a jort-wearer that isn't teh gay? Why don't I find a pic of water that isn't wet.
Anyway, arent you the heavy metal fan? Remind me not to take fashion advice from a heavy metal fan.
:no:

Sure, there are fads that are extremely outrageous. But we're talking about ZUBAZ. Its not a radical idea. Zubaz is a classic look. Zubaz will never die. Get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only possible way is if you have an old pair of baggy jeans and you cut them off at the knee...and they you only wear these things to do yardwork or painting.

There's no way this is regional, right? Right? I'm tryin' here.
You'll see it a lot in the deep south (NC, Tenn, Georgia) -- wherever there are hicks, there are jorts.
:lmao: I live in NYC. And by my count yesterday more people were wearing jean shorts than not. Im starting to think this may be some kind of regional thing as well. Ive never even heard the term jorts before. Like I said everyone here wears jean shorts.

urbanhack said:
BGP said:
ILUVBEER99 said:

glock said:
They were all that less then 5 years ago.
Oh HELL no.
I'm thinking 92' or 93' but my recollection is a bit hazy. That was a long time ago.
I think '91 and '92 to be more specific, at least in the northeast. I remember wearing them then and there is photographic evidence to prove it :bag: but I seem to remember a pretty clear cutoff in the summer of '93. That was summer after my sr. year in h.s. and I remember jorts being "so last year" that summer.

:bag: I live in NYC. And by my count yesterday more people were wearing jean shorts than not.
Were they tourists?
I counted when I went food shopping at the supermarket in Staten Island. So no, none of them were tourists.
AHA! BIG difference between Staten Island and Manhattan. I think most thought when you said NYC, you meant Manhattan.
SI is a borough of NYC. And it also appears to the left under my username.

:unsure: I live in NYC. And by my count yesterday more people were wearing jean shorts than not.
Were they tourists?
I counted when I went food shopping at the supermarket in Staten Island. So no, none of them were tourists.
AHA! BIG difference between Staten Island and Manhattan. I think most thought when you said NYC, you meant Manhattan.
:bag: :bye: As far as NYC goes, Staten Island is the deep South.

:shrug: I live in NYC. And by my count yesterday more people were wearing jean shorts than not.
Were they tourists?
:lmao: :lmao: As far as NYC goes, Staten Island is the deep South.
:lmao: Staten Island is basically Brooklyn now

i can confirm that jorts are quite popular among young black men. as well as, being serious here, capri-pant-type-shorts.

:lmao: I live in NYC. And by my count yesterday more people were wearing jean shorts than not.
Were they tourists?
SI is a borough of NYC. And it also appears to the left under my username.
I hear ya, sorry I missed the sig. I'm not even a native New Yorker and hate the assumption that Manahattan is the center of the universe and there's everything else, but you gotta admit that when most see NYC they think Manhattan. You also gotta admit that the fashion sense is slightly different across the different NYC boroughs.

glock said:
They were all that less then 5 years ago.
Oh HELL no.
I'm thinking 92' or 93' but my recollection is a bit hazy. That was a long time ago.
I think '91 and '92 to be more specific, at least in the northeast. I remember wearing them then and there is photographic evidence to prove it :lmao: but I seem to remember a pretty clear cutoff in the summer of '93. That was summer after my sr. year in h.s. and I remember jorts being "so last year" that summer.
You and I recall it the same way then. And FWIW, I live in VA.

Question: are jorts the same as cut-offs?

IMHO, jorts are premade shorts made of denim, not jeans cut off when they get too ratty in the knees.

Ok..... discuss.

:shrug: I live in NYC. And by my count yesterday more people were wearing jean shorts than not.
Were they tourists?
:rolleyes: Staten Island is basically Brooklyn now
:lmao: Yeah... ok. :lmao:

:lmao: I live in NYC. And by my count yesterday more people were wearing jean shorts than not.
Were they tourists?
:rolleyes: Staten Island is basically Brooklyn now
:lmao: Yeah... ok. :lmao:
:shrug: You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. 75% of people in Staten Island are Italian Americans from Brooklyn including me.

Next time its nice outside (and I dont goto the gym) I will goto the park by NYU and count the shorts men wear and break it down.

Users who are viewing this thread