What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vasectomy in the AM... (1 Viewer)

Had my evaluation a few months ago. I was in a considerable amount of pain as the doctor was examining the jewels. He told me I am more sensitive in that area and would likely do a general anesthesia instead of local. He also said that men that are more sensitive, there is a greater risk of permanent ball pain following the procedure but that can be "managed" by using medication. I said F that. My wife is going to have her plumbing fixed instead.
writing down notes for my "visit" in the future

Friday morning is fast approaching. Peas bought, jocks laundered and ready.

My son's 10u all-star baseball team has their first tourney this weekend, with the first game Saturday afternoon. I'm an assistant coach on the team... how screwed am I? Any chance I can throw BP or hit grounders/pop flies to the boys for warmups, or will that be pushing it recovery-wise?

My son's 10u all-star baseball team has their first tourney this weekend, with the first game Saturday afternoon. I'm an assistant coach on the team... how screwed am I? Any chance I can throw BP or hit grounders/pop flies to the boys for warmups, or will that be pushing it recovery-wise?
Yeah, no.

Yeah, no.
:goodposting:

You'll get somebody in here who will say they were pulling semis with their ballsack the day after the operation but they are not the norm. You need to be watching from the bench on a hemmhroid donut.

AAABatteries said:
Keerock said:
Skipdog77 said:

Yeah, no.
:goodposting:

You'll get somebody in here who will say they were pulling semis with their ballsack the day after the operation but they are not the norm. You need to be watching from the bench on a hemmhroid donut.
Thanks...scorebook , here I come!

Sitting in the waiting room now. Bad omen when I was driving over and Maroon 5's "This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like a Mother" came on the radio?

T's & P's appreciated.

Finishing up a weekend watching my brother's four kids in addition to my two. 6 total under 6.

Is it possible to get a second vasectomy, just to be sure

It's not a big deal after it's all said and done but it did hurt when he did it. Balls are still sensitive a year later, though.

Aint a big deal compared to the female version of this procedure. I had it done back in the early 90s. Pretty sure they have it down to a pain free experience by now. Id not, get a job & get off Obamacare. Amazing results can happen when people have the proper incentive,

:D

It's not bad. Only issue I had was when he injected the numbing agent into my right nut...thought I was going to die. The left one had gone fine about 10 minutes prior, but the second one hurt like a mf'er. After I 'bout fell off the table the Doc looks at the nurse and says, "that seems to be happening a lot on the second one lately...I wonder why that is".

Good times.

It's not bad. Only issue I had was when he injected the numbing agent into my right nut...thought I was going to die. The left one had gone fine about 10 minutes prior, but the second one hurt like a mf'er. After I 'bout fell off the table the Doc looks at the nurse and says, "that seems to be happening a lot on the second one lately...I wonder why that is".

Good times.
Neat.

This is really no big deal. With mine, everything thing went well until we discovered the local didn't quite take, so when they asked me: "Do you feel this?", I gasped for air as I picked myself off the floor and said: "Yeah, you might need some more."

Oh, and about 8 months after I had mine done, my wife got pregnant with my daughter.

Good luck. :thumbup:

Whatever you do, don't google search 'scrotal hematoma" if you haven't yet had the procedure. That was the rare side affect I was lucky enough to have. If you've seen the movie Johnny Dangerously (Michael Keaton), there is a PSA within the movie called, "Your #### and you." If you're old enough to remember the movie, and that scene, you'll get the picture.

ETA: Apparently I can't say the medical word for 'balls'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever you do, don't google search 'scrotal hematoma" if you haven't yet had the procedure. That was the rare side affect I was lucky enough to have. If you've seen the movie Johnny Dangerously (Michael Keaton), there is a PSA within the movie called, "Your #### and you." If you're old enough to remember the movie, and that scene, you'll get the picture.

ETA: Apparently I can't say the medical word for 'balls'.
This is solid advice

I made the mistake of youtubing the proceduce - do not do this.

I just got home from mine. I avoided googling anything about the procedure. It really wasn't bad at all. I'm still numb so maybe I don't know what I'm in for but I've got a pile of hydrocodon that should help alleviate any problems.

Good times.
Similar thing here.

Serious question. anyone get their sperm count tested on a regular (annual :shrug: ) basis to make sure it hasn't reconnected?

Serious question. anyone get their sperm count tested on a regular (annual :shrug: ) basis to make sure it hasn't reconnected?
No. I guess it isn't a bad idea. But I can feel the titanium clips if I try, so I take thAt as a good sign. I guess everyone isnt the same but I got snipped, clipped, and cauterized.

Good times.
Similar thing here.
My 2nd injection hurt way more, too. Mentioned it to the doc as he did it and he said it was common. He said that basically, your senses are more in tune with what's happening down there after the first one, so until the numbing goes into effect, you're very likely to feel the 2nd side more.

Users who are viewing this thread