What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (3 Viewers)

Have we all done our 25 Random Things, ladies?
I finally gave in a couple of nights ago because I was sick of being "tagged". Now I would like a do-over.Oh, and on that front, I also spent about two hours Tuesday night consoling my stepmother via e-mail because my brother wrote the most syrupy, sappy (but nice) 25 random things ever, talking about how lucky he was and how much he loved this or that person, and of everyone in our family (including several dead people), she is the only person he didn't mention.

pantagrapher, why are you not my Facebook friend, BTW?
:pickle: :pickle:

BR33ZE said:
Can someone briefly explain the benefits of facebook to a non-facebook person?Thx.
It's basically just an easy way to spy on people....look at their pictures and eavesdrop on random conversations they are having.

I finally gave in a couple of nights ago because I was sick of being "tagged". Now I would like a do-over.Oh, and on that front, I also spent about two hours Tuesday night consoling my stepmother via e-mail because my brother wrote the most syrupy, sappy (but nice) 25 random things ever, talking about how lucky he was and how much he loved this or that person, and of everyone in our family (including several dead people), she is the only person he didn't mention.pantagrapher, why are you not my Facebook friend, BTW?
:pickle: Send the request. I'm lazy.

BR33ZE said:
Can someone briefly explain the benefits of facebook to a non-facebook person?

Thx.
You get to see how all your ex-girlfriends turned out.
I still haven't been able to figure out how to do that without friending them.
I sent a friend request to one when I first joined. She ignored it. Kind of made me a tiny bit sad. I just left it alone. Then, on Monday, I got an email saying she accepted!!! :lmao: :lmao: :pickle: Turns out she doesn't check very often.

My buddy from HS actually got blocked by his HS GF. It still makes me laugh to think about.
I just counted and have 14 guys I've dated and one ex-husband as Facebook friends, not including my current boyfriend. :bag: In my defense, I'm still friends with all but one of them, and in that case I friended him just to see pics of his new fiance.
well LOOK AT ME! why don't you! I don't think I've held hands with 14 people.

BR33ZE said:

Thx.
I sent a friend request to one when I first joined. She ignored it. Kind of made me a tiny bit sad. I just left it alone. Then, on Monday, I got an email saying she accepted!!! :lmao: :lmao: :pickle: Turns out she doesn't check very often.

My buddy from HS actually got blocked by his HS GF. It still makes me laugh to think about.
I just counted and have 14 guys I've dated and one ex-husband as Facebook friends, not including my current boyfriend. :bag: In my defense, I'm still friends with all but one of them, and in that case I friended him just to see pics of his new fiance.
:bs: :bs: :bs:

BR33ZE said:

Thx.
I sent a friend request to one when I first joined. She ignored it. Kind of made me a tiny bit sad. I just left it alone. Then, on Monday, I got an email saying she accepted!!! :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: Turns out she doesn't check very often.

With a Motto of "Me eat all the Poop" that isn't :shock: 'ing at all. :pokey:

BR33ZE said:

Thx.
I sent a friend request to one when I first joined. She ignored it. Kind of made me a tiny bit sad. I just left it alone. Then, on Monday, I got an email saying she accepted!!! :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: Turns out she doesn't check very often.

I just counted and have 14 guys I've dated and one ex-husband as Facebook friends, not including my current boyfriend. :shock: In my defense, I'm still friends with all but one of them, and in that case I friended him just to see pics of his new fiance.
:pokey: :bag: :bs:
Look, I just don't hold hands with every person I sleep with, Slutmonkey.....some of us have morals.

BR33ZE said:

Thx.

I just counted and have 14 guys I've dated and one ex-husband as Facebook friends, not including my current boyfriend. :shock: In my defense, I'm still friends with all but one of them, and in that case I friended him just to see pics of his new fiance.
I pretty much guarantee that I have not either.

By the way, if you sign me up as a Facebook friend, please don't send me flowers. Don't digitally hug me. Don't send me a teddy bear. Jeez. I think Facebook is attempting to turn America gay.

Just a little tip for those of you out there: Drunk facebooking can lead to friend requesting of a girl you met once three months ago and wouldn't give you her number then. :goodposting:

BR33ZE said:

Thx.
I sent a friend request to one when I first joined. She ignored it. Kind of made me a tiny bit sad. I just left it alone. Then, on Monday, I got an email saying she accepted!!! :goodposting: :thumbup: :lmao: Turns out she doesn't check very often.

With a Motto of "Me eat all the Poop" that isn't :lmao: 'ing at all. :pokey:
1 GM, 2 Cups

BR33ZE said:

Thx.
I sent a friend request to one when I first joined. She ignored it. Kind of made me a tiny bit sad. I just left it alone. Then, on Monday, I got an email saying she accepted!!! :goodposting: :thumbup: :lmao: Turns out she doesn't check very often.

With a Motto of "Me eat all the Poop" that isn't :lmao: 'ing at all. :pokey:
1 GM, 2 Cups
:bag: :X :X :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I read yours... Disturbing stuff in there.. :unsure: :lmao:
After reading this comment on your Random 25 things from Cathrine I think she'd fit right in on this board:
I still think you're a bit of a teenage girl, but I really enjoyed hearing the stuff about your first job.
:lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: Out of context!
I really must see this list.

Just a little tip for those of you out there: Drunk facebooking can lead to friend requesting of a girl you met once three months ago and wouldn't give you her number then. :bag:
Oh, this is rich....story?
Alright, here goes.I went out with a friend of mine (we'll call her Monica) who was with one of her friends (we'll call her Sandy). The three of us had a few drinks, and Monica ended up needing some babysitting. So I took her back to Sandy's house and got her in bed passed out. Sandy and I seemed to get along, so before I left I went for the digits. I get "Oh, Monica didn't tell you? I'm seeing someone."

That means one of three things:

1) She's actually seeing someone and just not that into me

2) She's not seeing someone and just not that into me

3) She thinks Monica has a thing for me and doesn't want to get in the way

Either way, I don't generally make a second move after the first one fails. It just doesn't work most of the time, and it makes you look like a needy fruitcake. Neither of which is a terribly good thing to a hot chick. Three months pass.

I went out for happy hour with some GB's, came home, and downed the better part of a bottle of wine on top of it. Good decision making has officially left the building. I do what any complete nerd does when he gets home, which is surf the interwebz. I check my facebook page, and notice that Sandy made a comment on Monica's page. AWESOME!!1!1 I SHOULD TOTALLY SEND HER A MESSAGE!1111. So, in my mind, I'm going to be charming, play it cool, and act like it's no big thing, which is awesome when you're drunk. I send this message.

Subject: Remember me?

Body: I'm the friend of Monica's who awkwardly asked you for your number the one night we hung out at Joey's and got denied mercilessly. Anyway, I hope you're well, and I wouldn't mind grabbing a drink again one of these days.
I wake up the next morning and instantly feel :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: - I hear back from her the following evening.
Yep, I remember you! Don't feel awkward...it takes guts to ask someone out to their face and that's admirable. Most guys just text me, which is pretty timid. Hope you're doing well!
My reply:
Admirable? Are you kidding? I took a calculated gamble that you were drunk enough to actually give up your number. Next time remind me to buy you a couple more. ;-)
I haven't heard back. I wasn't actually that annoyed I struck out, because hey, let's be honest, I'm not the kind of guy that every hot chick is going to want, and I'm cool with that. Then after she friended me I stalked her profile. First activity listed? Golf. First interest? Travel. First group? "I don't care how comfortable Crocs are, you look like a #######." Now I'm actually mildly annoyed she turned me down, but we've got a few mutual friends, so I might get to run into her again one day.The only real good part about that evening is I got this picture , which makes a heck of a background for my cell phone. :thumbup: (edit: Monica on the left, Sandy on the right)

Last edited by a moderator:
The only real good part about that evening is I got this picture , which makes a heck of a background for my cell phone. :goodposting: (edit: Monica on the left, Sandy on the right)
Judging by the photo, you're screwed. Sorry man.
No reason to be sorry. That post was definitely not about how awesome I am. :goodposting:
You look an awful like another guy I know.
Some of the stories make it over here. There were some possible privacy concerns with my other username.

I just counted and have 14 guys I've dated and one ex-husband as Facebook friends, not including my current boyfriend. :yes: In my defense, I'm still friends with all but one of them, and in that case I friended him just to see pics of his new fiance.
Whoa Krista. Impressive. :coffee: I counted 15 from my list. Included ex/kinda ex/1-2 nighters, excluded the 'drunk kiss' and 'went on a date' ones.

I read yours... Disturbing stuff in there.. :coffee: :yes:
After reading this comment on your Random 25 things from Cathrine I think she'd fit right in on this board:
I still think you're a bit of a teenage girl, but I really enjoyed hearing the stuff about your first job.
:lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: Out of context!
I really must see this list.
1. I waited until enough people completed their own "25 things" lists that I didn't feel like a teenage girl for doing it anymore.

Just a little tip for those of you out there: Drunk facebooking can lead to friend requesting of a girl you met once three months ago and wouldn't give you her number then. :)
Alright, here goes.I went out with a friend of mine (we'll call her Monica) who was with one of her friends (we'll call her Sandy). The three of us had a few drinks, and Monica ended up needing some babysitting. So I took her back to Sandy's house and got her in bed passed out. Sandy and I seemed to get along, so before I left I went for the digits. I get "Oh, Monica didn't tell you? I'm seeing someone."

Either way, I don't generally make a second move after the first one fails. It just doesn't work most of the time, and it makes you look like a needy fruitcake. Neither of which is a terribly good thing to a hot chick. Three months pass.

I went out for happy hour with some GB's, came home, and downed the better part of a bottle of wine on top of it. Good decision making has officially left the building. I do what any complete nerd does when he gets home, which is surf the interwebz. I check my facebook page, and notice that Sandy made a comment on Monica's page. AWESOME!!1!1 I SHOULD TOTALLY SEND HER A MESSAGE!1111. So, in my mind, I'm going to be charming, play it cool, and act like it's no big thing, which is awesome when you're drunk. I send this message.

Body: I'm the friend of Monica's who awkwardly asked you for your number the one night we hung out at Joey's and got denied mercilessly. Anyway, I hope you're well, and I wouldn't mind grabbing a drink again one of these days.
I wake up the next morning and instantly feel :pickle: :banned: :bag: :bag: - I hear back from her the following evening.
Yep, I remember you! Don't feel awkward...it takes guts to ask someone out to their face and that's admirable. Most guys just text me, which is pretty timid. Hope you're doing well!
My reply:
Admirable? Are you kidding? I took a calculated gamble that you were drunk enough to actually give up your number. Next time remind me to buy you a couple more. ;-)
I haven't heard back. I wasn't actually that annoyed I struck out, because hey, let's be honest, I'm not the kind of guy that every hot chick is going to want, and I'm cool with that. Then after she friended me I stalked her profile. First activity listed? Golf. First interest? Travel. First group? "I don't care how comfortable Crocs are, you look like a #######." Now I'm actually mildly annoyed she turned me down, but we've got a few mutual friends, so I might get to run into her again one day.The only real good part about that evening is I got this picture , which makes a heck of a background for my cell phone. :lmao: (edit: Monica on the left, Sandy on the right)
Crap, too late... :lmao:

BR33ZE said:

Thx.
I sent a friend request to one when I first joined. She ignored it. Kind of made me a tiny bit sad. I just left it alone. Then, on Monday, I got an email saying she accepted!!! :) :pickle: :pickle: Turns out she doesn't check very often.

1. You look like the love-child of Ron Howard and Dave Casper.2. Krista is kinda old, she's had a lot more time to build up her dance card.

3. I'm pretty much a jerk

BR33ZE said:

Thx.

1. You look like the love-child of Ron Howard and Dave Casper.2. Krista is kinda old, she's had a lot more time to build up her dance card.

:lmao: :bowtie:

BR33ZE said:

Thx.

I just counted and have 14 guys I've dated and one ex-husband as Facebook friends, not including my current boyfriend. :X In my defense, I'm still friends with all but one of them, and in that case I friended him just to see pics of his new fiance.

:lmao: :bowtie:
Yeah. I saw that one coming. :bag: For the record I am 'distinguished'.

Thx.
I sent a friend request to one when I first joined. She ignored it. Kind of made me a tiny bit sad. I just left it alone. Then, on Monday, I got an email saying she accepted!!! :banned: :shrug: :pickle: Turns out she doesn't check very often.

:lmao: :thumbup:
Yeah. I saw that one coming. :lmao: For the record I am 'distinguished'.
Maybe you could start a facebook group about that.

You know what I hate about facebook/myspace

When a girl tells me her 1st name at my bar, I always forget to ask for her last name (usually too drunk) (we're all from the same city, it's common to ask a girl her last name, you may have slept with her sister or know her dad or something)

it takes forever to find someone with only a 1st name and the city they live in :pics:

Just a little tip for those of you out there: Drunk facebooking can lead to friend requesting of a girl you met once three months ago and wouldn't give you her number then. :bag:

I wake up the next morning and instantly feel :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: - I hear back from her the following evening.
My reply:
I haven't heard back. I wasn't actually that annoyed I struck out, because hey, let's be honest, I'm not the kind of guy that every hot chick is going to want, and I'm cool with that. Then after she friended me I stalked her profile. First activity listed? Golf. First interest? Travel. First group? "I don't care how comfortable Crocs are, you look like a #######." Now I'm actually mildly annoyed she turned me down, but we've got a few mutual friends, so I might get to run into her again one day.The only real good part about that evening is I got this picture , which makes a heck of a background for my cell phone. :no: (edit: Monica on the left, Sandy on the right)
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Well played. Great photo, good story....I think you've got a puncher's chance here.

Thx.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: FU, Clown! :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread