Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read here. And I'm fully caught up on the Trump thread. 

Even the baby's acting in this show was top notch. 

They still advertising Low Winter Sun?

* On the one hand, it's extremely clever for Walt to hide the GPS coordinates of the buried treasure in a series of Pick-3 lottery numbers. On the other, couldn't he at least have brought a pen with him to the desert so he wouldn't have to rely on his memorization of those coordinates from the time he smashed the unit until he got to the nearest convenience store?

Not really that clever (and I also immediately wondered why he didn't write it down)... a lottery ticket in the home of a man who's got millions stashed away is going to look extremely suspicious. If the AQ PD gets into the home, even money they figure it out.

Perhaps I hadn't noticed it before but they made Hank out to be so small. When Skylar came in the diner she towered over him. Makes me think Hank is going to get the short end of the stick in this battle. Guess that's obvious because Walt was never incarcerated. But still I appreciate the subtle foreshadowing.

Once again they got me rooting for Walt. Great production. I don't know why I would root for Walt over Hank at this point. But I am.

* On the one hand, it's extremely clever for Walt to hide the GPS coordinates of the buried treasure in a series of Pick-3 lottery numbers. On the other, couldn't he at least have brought a pen with him to the desert so he wouldn't have to rely on his memorization of those coordinates from the time he smashed the unit until he got to the nearest convenience store?

Not really that clever (and I also immediately wondered why he didn't write it down)... a lottery ticket in the home of a man who's got millions stashed away is going to look extremely suspicious. If the AQ PD gets into the home, even money they figure it out.

Not to mention, it would look pretty freakin unusual to keep a losing lottery ticket pinned to your wall for an extended period.

So how much cash do you figure Huell and Burr ripped off for themselves?

3-4 bundles each.

It's probably been said here before, but Bill Burr is a really brilliant comedian.

Agreed on both statements.

"...channeling Scrooge McDuck."

Edited by Homer J Simpson

Not an episode I need to rewatch the next day but there were some good tense moments. I'm sure it'll be good down the stretch here but I wish they'd do away with the Lydia/Todd storyline and devote more time to the central characters.

Not an episode I need to rewatch the next day but there were some good tense moments. I'm sure it'll be good down the stretch here but I wish they'd do away with the Lydia/Todd storyline and devote more time to the central characters.

In a show about drug dealers, they'll need to keep showing the drug dealers.

FYI the guys who Walt used to kill the inmates are the same guys who stole all Declan's meth equipment. I wonder if this sets up some conflict of interest type stuff if he wants to use them to kill Jesse in prison.

Kinda wish we knew how many of those kills were Landry. :kicksrock:

Who else has been a regular/semi-regular on two shows this great?

Elizabeth moss.

"Top of the Lake" was nice, but I believe the answer is Michael B. Jordan.

That puts us squarely back at BB vs. Wire.

And if we're going with semi-regular on the three best shows, Jordan probably gets that too.

Edited by pollardsvision

Soooo Jesse flips. Walt is backed into a corner. He escapes arrest and disappears via Saul's guy. He leaves skyler behind, she gets arrested, and she's screwed for sticking by him. Todd's guys take action to draw Walt out because they need him. Somehow Jesse or family is in jeopardy and Walt gets the heavy equipment. Seems to heroic though.

Soooo Jesse flips. Walt is backed into a corner. He escapes arrest and disappears via Saul's guy. He leaves skyler behind, she gets arrested, and she's screwed for sticking by him. Todd's guys take action to draw Walt out because they need him. Somehow Jesse or family is in jeopardy and Walt gets the heavy equipment. Seems to heroic though.

My hope is that this all happens in the next episode. I could see it. I don't see us as being very far from Walt skipping town. All it takes is Jesse flipping, and he's gotta go. I really don't want us finally catching up to modern day in the last episode.

My hope is that this all happens in the next episode. I could see it. I don't see us as being very far from Walt skipping town. All it takes is Jesse flipping, and he's gotta go. I really don't want us finally catching up to modern day in the last episode.

It feels like Walt's going on the lam is coming soon. I don't see how it would be possible for everyone to co-exist much longer in the same location.

As many awful things as Walt has done, he still ultimately wants his family to be taken care of. When he said, "Don't let me have done all of this for nothing," to Skyler, when telling her to keep the money, that was fairly honorable. He was willing to turn himself in to make sure his family was taken care of in the future. Granted, whether he would have done it or not is another thing, but having him come across as genuine in that regard is a big reason why many of us still root for Walt to some degree. Was I the only one last night who was hoping Walt would get a hold of Skyler before Hank did? I mean, Hank is the good guy here, and Walt the bad guy, but the writers have done an excellent job in making sure fans of the show have not totally turned against Walt.

Walt's reaction to Saul's suggestion that Hank be killed: "He's family!" Consistent or inconsistent with what we think we know about Walter White?

I wondered about that too, but I think it fits.

It fits because the man flips between Walt and Heisenberg.

He flipped from Walt to Heisenberg mid-sentence delivering "tread lightly". He flipped back to Walt soon after the old-west stare down in the driveway (he was panicky old Walt calling Skyler).

Walt's reaction to Saul's suggestion that Hank be killed: "He's family!" Consistent or inconsistent with what we think we know about Walter White?

I wondered about that too, but I think it fits.

It fits because the man flips between Walt and Heisenberg.

He flipped from Walt to Heisenberg mid-sentence delivering "tread lightly". He flipped back to Walt soon after the old-west stare down in the driveway (he was panicky old Walt calling Skyler).

He comes across as very Clark Kent-esque at times when in his Walt persona.

I thought it was interesting that Skyler didn't at all appear scared of going to jail but rather much more concerned with losing the money. With both Hank and Marie she was given multiple chances to get out of this nightmare. But she didn't even consider taking the opportunity, instead waiting up til the middle of the night when Walt came home to talk to him about how Hank just has suspicions and if they keep quiet he won't be able to prove anything.

I thought it was interesting that Skyler didn't at all appear scared of going to jail but rather much more concerned with losing the money. With both Hank and Marie she was given multiple chances to get out of this nightmare. But she didn't even consider taking the opportunity, instead waiting up til the middle of the night when Walt came home to talk to him about how Hank just has suspicions and if they keep quiet he won't be able to prove anything.

How come you didn't capitalize Ponder, Sproles, or Brown in your sig?

That remote control car that Hank's neighbor plays with has now been featured 3 different times, I don't think it is a coincidence.

Walt has given Hank a save twice now, once with Gus and now with Saul (Belize comment), there's a chance Hank does something to put Walt over the edge, maybe he interrogates Jesse to such an extent Jesse ends up committing suicide. Walt ends up blaming Hank for this and uses the remote control car to trigger an explosion or uses it in some other key role to end Hank's life.

I think the showdown the series is leading up to will be between Walt and Todd + his uncle's crew (M60), the ricin for Lydia will happen prior to this showdown.

Edited by Jojo the circus boy

She had already evolved to the point where the money trumped all but the safety of her kids. As soon as Walt quit, she had no concerns and was all in.

She's standing by Walt and respects him now.

That remote control car that Hank's neighbor plays with has now been featured 3 different times, I don't think it is a coincidence.

Walt has given Hank a save twice now, once with Gus and now with Saul (Belize comment), there's a chance Hank does something to put Walt over the edge, maybe he interrogates Jesse to such an extent Jesse ends up committing suicide. Walt ends up blaming Hank for this and uses the remote control car to trigger an explosion or uses it in some other key role to end Hank's life.

I think the showdown the series is leading up to will be between Walt and Todd + his uncle's crew (M60), the ricin for Lydia will happen prior to this showdown.

Could be. Didn't somebody run over that kids car in a previous season?

Could be. Didn't somebody run over that kids car in a previous season?

Marie I believe, Hank said he would replace it, looks like he did.