Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I think Hank chooses family over bringing down Heisenberg. Career or not, I don't think Hank turns him in. Walt will probably walk out of that garage at the beginning of the next episode, and unless he kills Hank, Hank lets him go after knowing who he is.

I don't think he could live like that for long. His life pretty much revolves around work and family. As mentioned earlier, he's a guy who tries to do the right thing, and he's going to be reminded every waking hour that he's doing the wrong thing. His conscience will eventually get the best of him.

So, Hank kills himself?
More likely he tries to kill Walt.

When the legal route isn't an option, it will make the most sense.

Actually, it'll be the most logical conclusion for both men trying to accomplish their 2 most important goals (choose the order you prefer). Both men big egos and professional drive that have led them into each other's crosshairs. Both men want to protect the family and both think they are best suited for that. Both will soon come to believe that protecting the family isn't possible with the other alive or free.

Hank wants Walt to pay.

He knows Walt is right that cancer will kill him before the legal system makes him pay.

And Killing someone who is about to be killed by cancer isn't exactly a punishment. Dying from cancer is brutal. Hank would want him to experience death that way.

What Hank is going to try to do is take away everything Walt has so that Walt dies from cancer alone. Walt will lose his family, his car wash business, everything. Everyone will know he is a drug lord thanks to Hank. That is why his house is graffiti with "Heisenberg" and his neighbor is scared ####less to see him.

Walt went to get the ricin because he's going to kill himself with it instead of die from cancer.

Why would he drive from NH to get ricin to kill himself?

If the feds confiscated his money and he took out an insurance policy on himself to take care of whatever members of his family survive to the last episode, he'd need a way die that doesn't trigger the 12 or 24 month suicide exclusion that comes with most new voluntary life policies. I don't think that's the likely scenario here but they've certainly mentioned ricin's difficulty to detect on numerous occasions.
  • Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read here. And I'm fully caught up on the Trump thread. 

Even the baby's acting in this show was top notch. 

They still advertising Low Winter Sun?

Am I the only one who was surprised at how quickly Marie and Hank turned on Walt? If they supposedly love family SO much, wouldn't they both have to take time to process the entire situation? Tends to make me believe that they've never really cared for him.

Think about it. You find out someone in your family was a criminal....would you immediately write them off and want to see them burn?

Walt has murdered way, way more people than the Unabomber did. But the Unabomber's brother turned him in.

Not sure I'm buying Hank's "if I tell the DEA now, my career is over; but, if I wait and find proof, I can say that I caught him" logic. Even if somebody else finds the silver bullet, seems like he'd still get a ton of credit in helping to solve the case if he brings in what he has now.

He has NOTHING now. If he tells the DEA now, his career is over and Walt walks away a free man. If he waits to find proof, his career is still over but at least he caught Walt. Then Marie said what if they figure it out before you get a chance to tell them, that can possibly incriminate you and it seems like that was the direction Hank was gonna take. Spill the beans so he is not incriminated... that is until Jesse showed up in his holding tank.

He has more than nothing right now. Not enough to convict, but not nothing either. He can tie Walt with Gail. He can tie Walt with the missing school lab equipment. He has a picture of Heisenberg that bears a resemblance to Walt. He knows Walt and Skyler have come into money recently that can't be solely explained by owning a car wash. Walt was uniquely positioned to keep Hank away when he was close in the past. And Walt's "tread lightly" and I'll never see a jail cell because of my cancer are not quite admissions, but pretty close. (ETA: He knows Walt has an advanced chemistry background too.)

Police investigations have started over a lot less.

Edited by Don Quixote

Not sure I'm buying Hank's "if I tell the DEA now, my career is over; but, if I wait and find proof, I can say that I caught him" logic. Even if somebody else finds the silver bullet, seems like he'd still get a ton of credit in helping to solve the case if he brings in what he has now.

He has NOTHING now. If he tells the DEA now, his career is over and Walt walks away a free man. If he waits to find proof, his career is still over but at least he caught Walt. Then Marie said what if they figure it out before you get a chance to tell them, that can possibly incriminate you and it seems like that was the direction Hank was gonna take. Spill the beans so he is not incriminated... that is until Jesse showed up in his holding tank.

He has more than nothing right now. Not enough to convict, but not nothing either. He can tie Walt with Gail. He can tie Walt with the missing school lab equipment. He has a picture of Heisenberg that bears a resemblance to Walt. He knows Walt and Skyler have come into money recently that can't be solely explained by owning a car wash. Walt was uniquely positioned to keep Hank away when he was close in the past. And Walt's "tread lightly" and I'll never see a jail cell because of my cancer are not quite admissions, but pretty close.

How can he tie Walt to Gail? He took the book out of Walts house.

Missing lab equipment from a year ago that has no ties to Heisenberg (because that was before Heisenberg existed)

LMAO at the sketch being submitted as evidence.

And hes gonna tell his cop buddies "Walt said tread lightly to me"?

He has NOTHING and everyone knows it... until Jesse

Edited by shadyridr

He has more than nothing right now. Not enough to convict, but not nothing either. He can tie Walt with Gail. He can tie Walt with the missing school lab equipment. He has a picture of Heisenberg that bears a resemblance to Walt. He knows Walt and Skyler have come into money recently that can't be solely explained by owning a car wash. Walt was uniquely positioned to keep Hank away when he was close in the past. And Walt's "tread lightly" and I'll never see a jail cell because of my cancer are not quite admissions, but pretty close.

He has enough for them to investigate- but THEY will investigate, not him, because his career will be over. As Hank acknowledged, his career is over anyhow. But if he gets enough to turn Walt in, at least he'll get some sort of redemption, and won't be regarded as a total failure.

However, his wife convinced him that he couldn't wait. So my impression is that Hank was prepared to do it anyhow, until he learned about Jesse. Now he's hoping he can get something from Jesse- otherwise, he will report everything.

I thought it was interesting that Skyler didn't at all appear scared of going to jail but rather much more concerned with losing the money. With both Hank and Marie she was given multiple chances to get out of this nightmare. But she didn't even consider taking the opportunity, instead waiting up til the middle of the night when Walt came home to talk to him about how Hank just has suspicions and if they keep quiet he won't be able to prove anything.

I don't think Hank or Marie gave Skyler any chances to get out.

I'm not sure how helpful Skyler could be to the cops even if she wanted to be. She doesn't know anything about the drug stuff besides what Walt told her (which is almost nothing), and Walt can prevent her from testifying about any of that anyway, even if she wants to testify.

If she wants to testify at Walt's trial about her part in the money-laundering stuff, I don't think Walt can prevent it under the federal rules of evidence. But if he happens to get tried in state court instead of federal court, I do think he could probably prevent it. (I'm not sure about New Mexico specifically, but I think the defendant-spouse can invoke the testimonial privilege under most states' rules of evidence.)

She could give the cops whatever information she has without testifying at trial, just so they can independently catch Walt, but like I said, she really doesn't know anything. She knows where the money used to be, but that's about it.

Really hope the writers don't take the cheap and easy way and have Saul's guys put a tracker in Walt's money barrels

Don't see that happening. I think they pilfered a little off the top and are happy Walt let it slide.

That is my guess. When he said "Close Enough" and looked at them, you knew they took more than a few bundles

Am I the only one who was surprised at how quickly Marie and Hank turned on Walt? If they supposedly love family SO much, wouldn't they both have to take time to process the entire situation? Tends to make me believe that they've never really cared for him.

Think about it. You find out someone in your family was a criminal....would you immediately write them off and want to see them burn?

Oh yeah you would. Especially when you piece together what it means. Hank had a few days to stew on it, and still hasn't put it all together. But he confronted Walt about things. Finding out your brother-in-law killed 10+ people is enough to change your opinion of them in a heartbeat.

And Marie put it together quick. She hit Skyler between the eyes and didn't have a bit of trouble putting it all together. I thought that was an EXTREMELY realistic scene as anyone with a wife can attest to. If a woman feels betrayed, she will instantly start cross-examining the betrayer like a bloodhound, trying to figure out the depths of the betrayal, which is what Marie did. Her conversation with Skyler was my favorite part of the show and I thought the whole thing was very realistic.

All that, and I still don't think they've realized that Hank's bills were paid for with drug money.

Oh yeah you would. Especially when you piece together what it means. Hank had a few days to stew on it, and still hasn't put it all together. But he confronted Walt about things. Finding out your brother-in-law killed 10+ people is enough to change your opinion of them in a heartbeat.

And Marie put it together quick. She hit Skyler between the eyes and didn't have a bit of trouble putting it all together. I thought that was an EXTREMELY realistic scene as anyone with a wife can attest to. If a woman feels betrayed, she will instantly start cross-examining the betrayer like a bloodhound, trying to figure out the depths of the betrayal, which is what Marie did. Her conversation with Skyler was my favorite part of the show and I thought the whole thing was very realistic.

All that, and I still don't think they've realized that Hank's bills were paid for with drug money.

Hank still thinks insurance covered his medical bills. Marie knows the whole blackjack story was fake now so Im sure she realizes it now

How can he tie Walt to Gail? He took the book out of Walts house.

I think you just answered your own question.

Missing lab equipment from a year ago that has no ties to Heisenberg (because that was before Heisenberg existed)

It has ties to Walt.

LMAO at the sketch being submitted as evidence.

And hes gonna tell his cop buddies "Walt said tread lightly to me"?

Submitted where? DQ's assertion was that police investigations -- not convictions -- have started over less. A piece of evidence doesn't have to be admissible to play a role in an investigation.

• Like 1

Question: has Saul broken any laws?

Is that a trick question?

No, it's a serious question. He knows Walt is a criminal, but that falls under attorney-client privilege unless Saul is aware that a crime is about to happen- has this occurred? He has been given cash to "launder", but hasn't been told explicitly where the money came from, so I have no idea if this is exactly illegal.

Really hope the writers don't take the cheap and easy way and have Saul's guys put a tracker in Walt's money barrels

Don't see that happening. I think they pilfered a little off the top and are happy Walt let it slide.

That is my guess. When he said "Close Enough" and looked at them, you knew they took more than a few bundles
Like Walt could even know there was a few stacks missing..he doesn't even know how much money was in that huge stack in the storage unit.

Also, where was all the extra dirt from burying the money? Those barrels would have displaced a crapload of dirt, yet when Walt was done, the ground was level/smooth as it was before he started digging.

Just nitpicking here, I know it all can't make perfect sense and be 100% realistic.

FYI the guys who Walt used to kill the inmates are the same guys who stole all Declan's meth equipment. I wonder if this sets up some conflict of interest type stuff if he wants to use them to kill Jesse in prison.

Flagrantly breaking laws against murder? No problem. But tiptoeing over the line of arcane, unwritten ethical principles relating to conflicts of interest? Unthinkable! ;)

No, it's a serious question. He knows Walt is a criminal, but that falls under attorney-client privilege unless Saul is aware that a crime is about to happen- has this occurred? He has been given cash to "launder", but hasn't been told explicitly where the money came from, so I have no idea if this is exactly illegal.

He introduced Walt to Gus knowing it was to sell, then cook meth for him. Took money from each batch.

He introduced Walt to Vamanos Pest knowing it was to have a place for Walt to cook meth. Still taking money for each batch.

He paid a man to go to prison as Heisenberg, the meth cook.

He had his secretary call Hank, pretending to be a hospital nurse or something, to draw Hank away from the rolling methlab, so Walt and Jesse could destroy it.

He always knew where the money was coming from.

Edited by pollardsvision

No, it doesn't. Only communications between Walt and Saul are covered by attorney-client privilege. You'll remember that the lawyer making the Hazard Pay payments was going to testify against Mike.

the whole Todd/Lydia scene was incredible. They are both truly evil. (I guess that's the moral of the show, everyone is evil except Hank and Jesse)

Pretty sure Jesse would qualify as evil. He made a conscious decision to put a bullet in Gale's head.

not sure about Jesse, he has some sort of conscience, i guess we'll see how strong it is during the next episode when Hank has him one on one. Alot of what Jesse has been involved in was thrust upon him, and being a weakling, he has gone along with it but the thing about Jesse is underneat it all is a sensitve, caring person. Where when you rub down 20 layers of Walt, you're still digging through evil. Walt is the great corruptor in this world.

:lmao:

Saul has broken every law.

the whole Todd/Lydia scene was incredible. They are both truly evil. (I guess that's the moral of the show, everyone is evil except Hank and Jesse)

Pretty sure Jesse would qualify as evil. He made a conscious decision to put a bullet in Gale's head.

I don't think that the moral of Breaking Bad has anything to do with who is "truly evil" or not. Breaking Bad is not the type of show that casts people as "good" or "evil" based on a black and white spectrum like that. Breaking Bad recognizes that most people have components of both good and evil within them. That fact has allowed Walter White to remain a relatively sympathetic anti-hero in spite of all of the terrible, seemingly unredeemable things that he has done over the course of the show.

Hank is also a blend of both good and bad character traits. He has a fiery temper that he is unable to control at times, such as when he brutally assaulted Jesse Pinkman following the fake phone call. Hank can be a condescending jackass to those around him, including his DEA associates, family, and his own wife Marie. I'm not saying that I think that Hank is "evil," just that he is a combination of both good and bad traits just like most, if not all, humans in reality.

I do not think that the moral of Breaking Bad will be defined through the traditional lens of a struggle between "good" and "evil" -- as the reality of humanity is much more complex and nuanced than that. If anything, I think the meaning of Breaking Bad will be more defined by the internal struggle of one's own good and evil elements rather than any external conflict between "good" and "truly evil" characters.

Edited by Buckfast 1

You could make the case that only "evil" decision Walt has made is staying in the meth business when he was able to get out. Really, it might be the only thing that makes Walt evil is that he actually likes the feeling he gets as a result of all this chaos.

Every other decision was probably the most logical decision given the circumstance, and most often, downright self-defense.

The non-defense heinous acts were to keep his freedom. It's probably evil to trade another man's life (or 9 of them in 2 minutes) for your own freedom and a financial fortune for your children, but I'd bet far more people would do that than would like to admit.

Jesse's done a lot of the same things, but he's just not as cut out for it. His motivation for being in the meth business just isn't as strong as Walt's, and at times, he's been very lucky to have someone on his side willing to do what needs done (or talk Jesse into doing what needs done).

It's a real testament to BB that fans think of Walter White as one of the more evil characters in TV history when he's really a pretty normal dude that just happens to like feeling significant (also perfectly normal).

Edited by pollardsvision

And with the Jane thing, I really never saw the outrage.

It's like a Louis CK "Of course....but maybe..."

Of course, it's wrong to watch a girl die and do nothing........but maybe ......attempting to help Jane (with a high probability that she's dead before the ambulance arrives anyway) just isn't worth the collateral damage.

On top of that, the crazy strung out ##### blackmailed a drug lord and threatened to run her mouth to cops. Jesse's favorite daddy (Mike) would've slit her throat well before she had a chance to OD.

Jesse wouldn't ever see it that way if he found out, but he's biased, not very bright and a bit of a #####.

Finishing the "3 worst crimes of Walt" that people seem to bring up (from Jesse's perspective):

-Give me a break, he didn't kill the damn kid. He got sick for a while, and it was in an attempt to save his own life.

-Any smart criminal would've killed Mike. Jesse can be pissed all he wants, but Walt just did what he either wasn't smart enough to do or didn't have the stones to do.

Edited by pollardsvision

Oh I like that. Read on one recap that if Skyler goes to Jail, send her to the "Orange is the New Black" one

As far as crossovers go, I'm hoping they work Anton Chigurh into the story. Imagine him being the new head of the drug cartel, once again tracking his money in the southwestern US. Also imagine a showdown between him and Walter at the end.

Saul has broken every law.

-Any smart criminal would've killed Mike.

I disagree. Killing Mike was kind of stupid, which Walt realized shortly after he did it.

But aside from that . . . are we really saying that Walt isn't such a bad guy because he did what any murderous criminal would do? That's setting the bar pretty low.

-Any smart criminal would've killed Mike.

I disagree. Killing Mike was kind of stupid, which Walt realized shortly after he did it.

But aside from that . . . are we really saying that Walt isn't such a bad guy because he did what any murderous criminal would do? That's setting the bar pretty low.

No, that's not what I'm saying.

He did things a lot of people would to save their own life, stay out of jail, or save a friend's life.

Every "bad" decision was for one of those reasons (except the decisions to enter and stay in the meth business).

I think a lot of good people make the exact same decision.

On the Mike thing, it's not a major issue, but the names were only a partial reason he killed Mike (and a very dumb one, I had no idea that's why he did it until he said he could've gotten the names from Lydia). He was also tying up a loose end.

I will give you that that was probably the worst thing he did (not that that's what you're saying). The guys in prison were definitely going to talk (though not all of them, but he didn't know which). Mike might've been able to get away and probably wouldn't have flipped if he did.

That's the worst thing he did, and it was killing a murderer that would've had no qualms with killing him.

Edited by pollardsvision

There are no saints in this show. Marie and Hank have serious flaws.

Marie's always worn purple, but in last season's finale she was wearing yellow and taking pre-natal vitamins. It's possible she had a miscarriage between seasons and the writers haven't told us (like Gail and Gus probably being gay).

It was brutal watching her trying to take Skylar's baby. Marie, like Skylar is an unbelievable ##### that no one in America can stand.

Marie's always worn purple, but in last season's finale she was wearing yellow and taking pre-natal vitamins. It's possible she had a miscarriage between seasons and the writers haven't told us (like Gail and Gus probably being gay).

Wait, what?

Wait, what?

After which season? Marie was drinking when she called Walt the devil at the end of season 5a/which was the start of 5b. She also mentioned the vitamins had something to do with her hair looking good.

How many episodes until Landry tries to setup his own lab? Or sells the "steps/ingredients" to a competitor?

mentioned that early....that he may not be as dumb as we think he is
I don't think he's dumb. I think he is ambitious and willing to take orders and learn.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think they're trying to make him look like not a bright guy (shooting kid, not handling the chemistry well/looking like a remedial student to Walt). It could be all a plan to infiltrate Heisenberg. Who knows.... He seemed really eager to stand out when everyone on that crew was told not to talk.

yup

There are no saints in this show. Marie and Hank have serious flaws.

It was brutal watching her trying to take Skylar's baby. Marie, like Skylar is an unbelievable ##### that no one in America can stand.

seems reasonable....she really really wanted to jack that baby from Sky

Wait, what?

After which season? Marie was drinking when she called Walt the devil at the end of season 5a/which was the start of 5b. She also mentioned the vitamins had something to do with her hair looking good.

The season also ended with Hank on the can, and began with him coming out of the bathroom. I'm not sure whether to be more impressed by Marie's ability to have a miscarriage and go back out on the patio drinking in that time, or the length of time Hank was on the crapper.