What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (9 Viewers)

Maybe it's because I live in the crowded Northeast, but is the desert so expansive that you can drive out there, stay there all day digging a hole, and well into the night w/ car headlights on, and see nobody?
Absolutely

It took me awhile, but I'm finally current with this show. I don't have much to add; the show is phenomenal but now I at least have white cornered this thread.

It took me awhile, but I'm finally current with this show. I don't have much to add; the show is phenomenal but now I at least have white cornered this thread.
Welcome aboard.

What was your favorite moment? I liked SKANK crushing her man's skull with an ATM.
Gus straightening his tie was mine followed closely by keys, scumbag for me.
My answer was just a joke. I loved the head on the tortoise that exploded. That one's definitely up there.

Welcome aboard.

What was your favorite moment? I liked SKANK crushing her man's skull with an ATM.
My answer was just a joke. I loved the head on the tortoise that exploded. That one's definitely up there.
come on fellas, Salud pool scene fades em all

Welcome aboard.

come on fellas, Salud pool scene fades em all
Close second to half-measures for me.

Rewatching last night's episode. Enjoying it better the second time through because I can take it all in instead of spending the whole time wondering what is going to happen next.

Welcome aboard.

Keys, scumbag was a pretty good line.

I don't know about "favorite moment" but finding that Walter had poisoned the child was the biggest :shock: moment for me. One nice advantage to watching all the seasons at once is I don't have to wait months at a time. That was the season finale, and I would have just assumed it would be a huge part of the next season -- making sure Jesse didn't found out. Instead, it's been swept under the rug, but I have to imagine it will come up again before the series is over, right?

That was my most shocked moment, so maybe seeing him finally kill Gus was my favorite. That was obviously the same episode, which means those five minutes were about as awesome as TV gets.

First two episodes of this half season haven't moved the storyline much. We already knew Hank figured things out at the end of the last half season, and Jessie had already checked out. We learned a little about the meth business since then, but it feels like we've spent two full episodes on what is fairly obvious:

Stonewall the cops, hide the money. Completely expected that would happen with Walt and Sky reliant on keeping the money to save their family.

Rewatching last night's episode. Enjoying it better the second time through because I can take it all in instead of spending the whole time wondering what is going to happen next.
Did you turn on subtitles? I think I need a new center channel speaker, the audio seemed pretty muted throughout that episode.

The one thing, aside from the obvious, that I want them to clear up in the last episodes is what happened between Walt, Gretchen, and Wayne Kirkby? Why did he leave GreyMatter? Is there something in that storyline that might explain (more) about why he 'broke bad'?
That would be the worst possible direction for the show to take at this point. You can't be added some last minute justification/explanation. That might ruin everything that came before it. If they wanted to provide more background on Grey Matter they would have done so by now.
"The worst"? OK.

I wasn't crazy about the shortened season last year but this one isn't starting that great either IMO.

My biggest problem is that I really believed Hank would have had more of a dilemma before turning on Walt. I wasn't expecting this rapid transformation against him like we are seeing so far.

Even getting past that, Marie was idiotic last night trying to take the baby. I just didn't buy that one at all. I mean Marie is an idiot but something about that scene didn't seem right.

Under The Dome? You'll last two and a half episodes.
1.5 in so far and still interested.

Did King's book suck or did this adaptation suck?
I enjoyed the first 2/3 of the book but absolutely hated the ending. I watched 3 (maybe 4?) episodes of Under the Dome so far, but the rest are piling up on my DVR. I'll get back to it sometime, but it kinda lost me somewhere around episode 3 or 4. Don't really know exactly why, probably just people doing dumb things (like the "crazy" cop scene, if you've seen it, you know which one I mean). I'm the first to suspend disbelief, and I'll probably still watch it, but no urgency to get back to it.

I thought all the scenes were necessary except Scrooge McDuck and that was funny. It's never been an all-action show. The meeting in the restaurant was fantastic as far as I'm concerned.

My boss mentioned a detail I missed - the house appears to have been seized by the City of Abq and not the DEA. Not sure if it would say DEA if they did it or "federal govt" or whatever, but I thought that was intereting.
Just watched it. WW also has a full head of hair in the flash forward--not something you'd expect on a cancer victim.
Totally normal for someone who's given up hope of a cure and quit the chemo.
again, I dont think we can assume hes given up hope.
Yeah, I still think most all options are still in play.Maybe he's in remission with a lingering cough (I'd assume that's normal given what his lungs had gone through over the previous 2+ years).

I also assume Walt can afford a good wig and fake beard, which would make sense for a man with a new identity.
When the cancer went into remission the first time he was coughing up blood. Coughing and regrowing his hair are red herrings - they could signify either impending death or remission so aren't worth speculating about imo.

The one thing, aside from the obvious, that I want them to clear up in the last episodes is what happened between Walt, Gretchen, and Wayne Kirkby? Why did he leave GreyMatter? Is there something in that storyline that might explain (more) about why he 'broke bad'?
That would be the worst possible direction for the show to take at this point. You can't be added some last minute justification/explanation. That might ruin everything that came before it. If they wanted to provide more background on Grey Matter they would have done so by now.
"The worst"? OK.
I thought this was pretty well covered awhile back, no? He left her, she hooked up with Elliot and Walt couldn't swallow his pride and work with them. Other than the reason why Walt left Gretchen (I think they mentioned a cabin weekend or something), what's left to say on that one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching back through and the cold open flashback with Walt and Skylar buying the house was pretty cool compared to Walt returning to the condemned house starting this final 8.

Anyone ever notice how gross and dirty their house is? That's bugged me all series. I know building a drug empire is time-consuming, but take five minutes and wash the grime off that front door already. And get some proper lighting up in that joint - always so dark all the time. Looks like my nasty Aunt's house that none of us wanted to visit when we were kids. I'm surprised they don't own cats.

just started this last night, due to strong rec in the netflix instant thread...

hooked in first three minutes... :)

watched first two episodes, going to try and catch up before series ends...

may be redundant, but there was recent crossover myth busters (at least partly avail at discovery site?) about the chemistry on the show... I think one part covered the acid in the bath tub scene from second episode...

what a great series, lead talented actor, forgot he was seinfeld's dentist...

the frequent black humor was unexpected but a pleasant surprise in what otherwise could have been pretty heavy and oppressive subject matter, they strike a great balance...

reportedly 6 million people watched final season part two premier two sundays ago, something like twice as many as any previous season finale... sounds like upcoming finale might be most anticipated since sopranos?

* the opening hooks/teasers are among the best of their kind I've ever seen, the creator and writing team supposedly pay a lot of attention and spend a lot of time on that aspect of each weekly show...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard.

Walt grabbing his crotch and yelling "RESTRAIN THIS!" is one of my favorites.

Kind of getting the feeling that the writers let Skyler choose to remain doing the illegal thing so that they can have her be killed before the finale. Takes a little edge off the darkness of that if the audience feels she made the "wrong" choice. This show has always been about choices and the consequences. No matter what you think of her that is going to be a tough episode.

Users who are viewing this thread