Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Actually if the killed Lydia, I could see that side of the story as being wrapped up. That crew would likely be content to ride off into the sunset with their scorem enough chemical to cook for a long time.

But I can't see her accepting what they will create?

Were they trying to imply Todd is wrapped up with them driving into the sunset?

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read here. And I'm fully caught up on the Trump thread. 

Even the baby's acting in this show was top notch. 

They still advertising Low Winter Sun?

Actually if the killed Lydia, I could see that side of the story as being wrapped up. That crew would likely be content to ride off into the sunset with their scorem enough chemical to cook for a long time.

But I can't see her accepting what they will create?

Were they trying to imply Todd is wrapped up with them driving into the sunset?

No, I got that they were coming back into town. I think Declan and his clan were in Arizona and it showed them coming back to New Mexico

What a great show. Unbelievable how they NEVER leave a stone un-turned in the history of the show.

I didn't want to believe Gekko, because I thought that the Walt turning Hank in storyline just wouldn't work. Yet, there were elements that made PERFECT sense. Most notably, the 177k medical bills. That has been hanging out there for a couple years, just waiting to get used. There was no chance we were getting to the end of this series without it playing a part.

We all were a little nervous about Walt turning in Hank, just because it seemed a bit gimmicky. So instead, the "confession" is only used as a threat to keep Hank backed off. Ultimate Heisenberg. Hank knows the medical bills did him in, and he really doesn't have a move.

At the same time, the ricin/poisoning story is what ultimately does in Jesse. The amazing thing is that I really thought it was possible Jesse might be getting in that van. I also thought it was possible he was going to get stabbed in the back in the desert. But as chilling as either of those things would have been, Breaking Bad paid off again, and all it took was Jesse getting pick-pocketed by Huell to make him realize that, just as he had suspected, Huell had pickpocketed him a few months back, and Walt had lied to him.

Let's face it, Jesse was on the edge with Walt already. He wanted to turn him in to Hank, but he hated Hank. He had a golden opportunity right then to confess, put Walt away and possibly get off lightly. He then went off on Walt in the desert, but didn't quite go through with it, probably because a part of him wanted to believe that Walt cared for him. But the pick-pocketing was the final straw. He realized he was being played the whole time. Of course, all that being said, Walt in some weird way does care for Jesse. But far less than he cares for himself, as he's a complete sociopath at this point.

So here we are, 5 episodes left, and all the cards are on the table. I wouldn't be surprised if Walt and Jesse fight to the death in the next episode, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse gives Hank the lifeline that puts Hank back in business. In either case, I think it's obvious that Saul is about to make another Hoover vacuum call and Walt is about to get into a red minivan and head to the east coast.

What I'm still clueless about is what makes Walt come back, and how Lydia/Todd and the crew fit into this.

GREAT episode. Can't decide if it's better than episode 1 or not. Who cares. They are both great.

Edited by shader

The small amounts of humor were hilarious. Huell "well excuse me". Saul having just been a moment away from death, picking up a silly toy red phone to make a phone call. The annoying waiter who I swear is the same guy from Office Space, which is just unbelievably great casting at that tense moment.

What am I missing with the medical bills? If Hank is the head honcho why would Walt pay for it? Confused as to why this is such a smoking gun.

Another good question.

And what is so terrible about being duped by Walt's gambling story (assuming Hank comes clean to his bosses about everything).

Anybody who thought that was a mediocre show tonight isn't watching the same episode as me.

The Walt confession tape was jaw dropping.

All true. Another unbelievable episode tonight. :yes:

What am I missing with the medical bills? If Hank is the head honcho why would Walt pay for it? Confused as to why this is such a smoking gun.

Another good question.

And what is so terrible about being duped by Walt's gambling story (assuming Hank comes clean to his bosses about everything).

Because if Walt's tape got out, and odds are it would if Walt knew Hank told his bosses about him, Hank's medical bills being paid by Walt's drug money would be really bad for Hank.

Anybody who thought that was a mediocre show tonight isn't watching the same episode as me.

Another good question.

Because if Walt's tape got out, and odds are it would if Walt knew Hank told his bosses about him, Hank's medical bills being paid by Walt's drug money would be really bad for Hank.

Another good question.

No doubt it could end his career at DEA but not implicate him as the mastermind. If he was the mastermind he would be weary of Walt flipping and not do anything like this. If holes get put into Walt's video story then Walt just becomes a liar and the money becomes a non-issue.

Edited by None_More_Black

We see Walt's home in the lookaheads. It isn't burned down. Who interrupts Jesse? Has to be Flynn? Hate the week wait. Sad this is going to end. We may never see anything as good again.

Just saw that also. Wish I didn't watch the previews for next week now.

Marie and Walt have an affair. Skyler kills Hank and Flynn takes over as the cook. Walt and Marie escape to Ireland, and drink themselves to death. Meanwhile at the Bat Cave Skyler and Saul hook up and open a brothel in Vegas. Skyler mounts at least 13 men a day, at $10,000 a piece. She is bludgeoned beyond belief, but enjoys it. Sky and Saul combined rake in a measly 13 million a month. Saul gets 20% off the top. Vince chooses Ginger over Mary Ann.

Half measures Mr White.....had his chance in the desert.

I think it is Todd's crew thatbis the bigger problem.

doesnt seem like todd gives two craps about mr white but his uncle is bad news
I think they will want him to cook again.

In the booth at the diner, the uncle says "Are you feeling good about cooking? Run your own lab.... do it up right?"

Todd replies "I got this."

Oh, I missed that. That's the same thing Victor (the original henchman at the underground lab) says to Gus when Gus walks in to find him cooking, just before the scene where Gus slits his throat.

This does not bode well for Todd.

Marie and Walt have an affair. Skyler kills Hank and Flynn takes over as the cook. Walt and Marie escape to Ireland, and drink themselves to death. Meanwhile at the Bat Cave Skyler and Saul hook up and open a brothel in Vegas. Skyler mounts at least 13 men a day, at $10,000 a piece. She is bludgeoned beyond belief, but enjoys it. Sky and Saul combined rake in a measly 13 million a month. Saul gets 20% off the top. Vince chooses Ginger over Mary Ann.

That seems far-fetched.

Is it me, or is this thread getting stupider. The whole switcheroo by Huell was pretty telegraphed and obvious once Jesse pulled out cigarettes. I swear half of you watch the show drunk.

Edited by FlapJacks

We see Walt's home in the lookaheads. It isn't burned down. Who interrupts Jesse? Has to be Flynn? Hate the week wait. Sad this is going to end. We may never see anything as good again.

I know. I always try to walk away and not watch previews but never can.

What?

We know the house isn't burned down because it wasn't burned down when the kids were skateboarding outside it and there was HEISENBERG spray painted on the wall.

Nothing was spoiled by the preview, unless you didn't watch the very first scene of the season.

I just do not believe Jessie put it all together after being pick pocketed.

I agree. I'm beginning to feel like I will be let down. I hope not.

He had almost put it together the first time when he had the gun to Walt's head and suggested that Huell had stolen the ricin cigarette

Later on the roof he acknowledges that that was the thing that caised him to help Walt kill Gus.

The Walt shows up and suddenly, something he's searched everywhere for magically shows up?

Jesse also has shown an ability figure thinks out in the past. He's not a rocket scientist, but being pickpocked a second time, in the same way confirmed his initial suspicions

Kudos to the writers for a well-earned reveal

Another good question.

The medical bills would be enough for Hank and Marie to have all their assets seized under the RICO Act. Plus, Walt's story is atleast as believable as Hank's and hWalt's story actually has evidence in the form of the medical bills.

I know. I always try to walk away and not watch previews but never can.

What?

We know the house isn't burned down because it wasn't burned down when the kids were skateboarding outside it and there was HEISENBERG spray painted on the wall.

Nothing was spoiled by the preview, unless you didn't watch the very first scene of the season.

You're right. Already forgot about that. Man I love this show.

From another board:

based upon the realization he'd been pickpocked again...

When Jesse confronted Walt about the specific possibility of Walt getting Huell to steal the ricin from him, Walt flat out denied it and manipulated him into believing it was Gus that stole it.

So there are two possibilities here:

1) Walt set the whole thing up, he got Huell to steal the ricin, he poisoned Brock with Lily of the Valley to make Jesse think he was poisoned with ricin to get him to turn against Gus. He completely manipulated Jesse and put Brock through a painful/dangerous experience to get Jesse back on his side.

2) Walt got Huell to steal the ricin for some unknown reason. Luckily for Walt, Brock was accidentally poisoned with something that has similar effects to ricin on the same day he decided to pickpocket Jesse. When Jesse showed up, he used this serendipitous moment to turn things in his favor by coming up with a plan off the top of his head to somehow pin it all on Gus and come up with an elaborate story about how Gus was framing him.

Edited by FlapJacks

Another good question.

The medical bills would be enough for Hank and Marie to have all their assets seized under the RICO Act. Plus, Walt's story is atleast as believable as Hank's and hWalt's story actually has evidence in the form of the medical bills.

I think the 1 hole with the medical bills is if Hank was the mastermind, why wouldn't he be profiting off of this drug empire he created, why would Walt need to pay Hank's hospital bills, and where is Hank hiding the millions of dollars he would allegedly be profiting off of the drug empire that he has forced Walt into?

Edited by Jojo the circus boy

Another good question.

I think the 1 hole with the medical bills is if Hank was the mastermind, why wouldn't he be profiting off of this drug empire he created, why would Walt need to pay Hank's hospital bills, and where is Hank hiding the millions of dollars he would allegedly be profiting off of the drug empire that he has forced Walt into?

Hank's co-workers would know the level of insurance they have, and, Walt could argue, would have been suspicious if Hank suddenly could afford more care from a previously-unseen mountain of hundred-dollar-bills he happened to have lying around. Walt would say Hank made him pay so that he could continue the charade of the low-paid government employee.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Huell only took the weed. He did not take the phone. He did not put any cigarettes in Jesse's sweatshirt.

Huell just took the weed. Jesse just put it all together when he noticed his weed was lifted. He was staring at his cigarettes recalling the ricin.

Edited by Daywalker

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Huell only took the weed. He did not take the phone. He did not put any cigarettes in Jesse's sweatshirt.

Huell just took the week. Jesse just put it all together when he noticed his weed was lifted. He was staring at his cigarettes recalling the ricin.

You are correct on all counts.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Huell just took the weed. Jesse just put it all together when he noticed his weed was lifted. He was staring at his cigarettes recalling the ricin.

That's my understanding of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Exactly. I don't know what was so hard about that, but reading the harebrained ideas over the last few pages has been painful.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure if Jesse already had that pack of cigs on him, I guess since the pack was already opened we can assume he did.

nailed it

This episode was a total LOL. It's reaching. Cranston can sleep walk through to the end now. I can't count how many shots of clenched teeth and blank stares. It was an a hour long tease into next week, while making fanboy's having to suffer through Low Winter Sun to figure out how they will mind #### you next week.

ETA: cheating the potential dialogue between Hank and Jesse when he was in the box in place if the usual dialogue between Walt and Jesse in the middle of a desert with Saul is lazy. You've seen that desert scene and the dialogue between Walt and Jesse too many times already. To me, the only shocker is to see Flynn die now. I was hoping they kill him off just to make this more interesting.

Edited by drummer

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure if Jesse already had that pack of cigs on him, I guess since the pack was already opened we can assume he did.

Why the F would Huell put cigarettes into Jesse's pocket.

This episode was a total LOL. It's reaching. Cranston can sleep walk through to the end now. I can't count how many shots of clenched teeth and blank stares. It was an a hour long tease into next week, while making fanboy's having to suffer through Low Winter Sun to figure out how they will mind #### you next week.

ETA: cheating the potential dialogue between Hank and Jesse when he was in the box in place if the usual dialogue between Walt and Jesse in the middle of a desert with Saul is lazy. You've seen that desert scene and the dialogue between Walt and Jesse too many times already. To me, the only shocker is to see Flynn die now. I was hoping they kill him off just to make this more interesting.

Well that's one way to look at it.

Flynn should have been a casualty of Walt's amorality last season. Would had made a more interesting connection, like Tony Soprano losing those close to him, and in The Wire the casualties of the cost of the drug business, which Breaking Bad skirts around with the main characters. Latin novelas kill off main characters all the time, especially the narco telenovelas. BB is now a prime time daytime soap. Walt losing his own son and trying to replace him with Jesse, with Jesse resisting would had made these last episodes more intriguing. Walt's battle with Hank? Bwah! His battle with cancer was more interesting than that.

When Omar died in The Wire, it was random. Killing Flynn should be just as random and shocking. It could have nothing to do with Walt and Jesse. Yet it would change a whole dynamic within the show.

Flynn should have been a casualty of Walt's amorality last season. Would had made a more interesting connection, like Tony Soprano losing those close to him, and in The Wire the casualties of the cost of the drug business, which Breaking Bad skirts around with the main characters. Latin novelas kill off main characters all the time, especially the narco telenovelas. BB is now a prime time daytime soap. Walt losing his own son and trying to replace him with Jesse, with Jesse resisting would had made these last episodes more intriguing. Walt's battle with Hank? Bwah! His battle with cancer was more interesting than that.

When Omar died in The Wire, it was random. Killing Flynn should be just as random and shocking. It could have nothing to do with Walt and Jesse. Yet it would change a whole dynamic within the show.

You should be a TV writer. I bet your show would have people consistently saying its one of the best shows ever made. :thumbup:

You should be a TV writer. I bet your show would have people consistently saying its one of the best shows ever made. :thumbup:

If I can get someone like you watching it, then all I would need to write is a loser who gets over. Like Walter White.

Another good question.And what is so terrible about being duped by Walt's gambling story (assuming Hank comes clean to his bosses about everything).

They literally have Marie ask both of those questions to Hank in the show. The medical bills question was asked and answered in the scene last night.

My only problem last night was Jesse's story arc? So he confronts/pleads with Walt in the desert and even brings up Mike being killed. Walt hugs him and next thing you know he's packing his bags?

The only thing I can guess is that no matter how important any adult is/was to Jesse, Walt means more? In the end, I guess kids trump all?

Half measures Mr White.....had his chance in the desert.

I think it is Todd's crew thatbis the bigger problem.

doesnt seem like todd gives two craps about mr white but his uncle is bad news

I think they will want him to cook again.

In the booth at the diner, the uncle says "Are you feeling good about cooking? Run your own lab.... do it up right?"

Todd replies "I got this."

Are they still sending the blue overseas? Hot chick isnt going to accept Todd's cook.

I dont believe Todd has cooked yet. He did learn from Walt, so maybe he can do better that 67%?

I don't think Vince Gilligan needs your help.