What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (7 Viewers)

I don't think some of you understand how notorious Walt is right now. In fact, I am a little shocked that they played up him going to Denny's and back to the house. Carol had to call the police immediately right?

He's not going to be able to just roll up to Grey Matter and have a sit down with them. I guess he can blast away at them with his new found weapon but that's not really his style. He needs that for the nazis.

I just don't see how they come back into the story.
Yeah I'm not sure how he's even supposed to get out of BFE, NH, after he gave up his location.
Exactly. Every major roadway would be locked down.
I can give a little leeway on that - if someone called the FBI right now and said "I'm ______" sure they would investigate, but it would take awhile. I'm sure they get calls like that all the time - it's a bit Hollywood, but that's not the worst instance by a long shot.

I don't think some of you understand how notorious Walt is right now. In fact, I am a little shocked that they played up him going to Denny's and back to the house. Carol had to call the police immediately right?

He's not going to be able to just roll up to Grey Matter and have a sit down with them. I guess he can blast away at them with his new found weapon but that's not really his style. He needs that for the nazis.

Yeah I'm not sure how he's even supposed to get out of BFE, NH, after he gave up his location.
I can give a little leeway on that - if someone called the FBI right now and said "I'm ______" sure they would investigate, but it would take awhile. I'm sure they get calls like that all the time - it's a bit Hollywood, but that's not the worst instance by a long shot.
I agree. Doesn't bother me. I actually think the Denny's thing is worse, especially if he is at one in ABQ. Did they ever say that's where he is, or did we just assume it?

maybe they would chalk it up as a prank call. I mean, why would WW be in NH and why would he call from a pay phone and make them trace the call? Sounds like something a prankster would do.

The flash forwards were to fool viewers into thinking that Walt was a badass coming back for revenge. We now know he's pretty pathetic, defeated, and weak. How can he even pickup that gun at this point. I don't know what he's going to try to do, but he's probably going to fail.

I agree. Doesn't bother me. I actually think the Denny's thing is worse, especially if he is at one in ABQ. Did they ever say that's where he is, or did we just assume it?
When the guy selling the gun told him it couldn't cross state lines Walt said something to the effect that it wouldn't leave town.

Anybody downplaying the importance of Grey Matter completely missed a huge part of this series.
Agreed. They made it really clear a few seasons ago that this was a big part of Walt's motivation. He's not going to kill Gretchen and Elliott, but he not going to sit there and turn his meth empire over to the Nazis the same way he turned his could-have-been Grey matter empire over to Gretchen and Elliott.

The flash forwards were to fool viewers into thinking that Walt was a badass coming back for revenge. We now know he's pretty pathetic, defeated, and weak. How can he even pickup that gun at this point. I don't know what he's going to try to do, but he's probably going to fail.
Exactly. I dont think he goes out with a bang at all at this point. He may dies 15 minutes into the show.

I thought he was weak and thin from the lack of food and staying in the cabin. It didn't seem like he used the Ensure since he opened the box just to put money in.

Anybody downplaying the importance of Grey Matter completely missed a huge part of this series.
Agreed. They made it really clear a few seasons ago that this was a big part of Walt's motivation. He's not going to kill Gretchen and Elliott, but he's not going to sit there and turn his meth empire over to the Nazis the same way he turned his could-have-been Grey matter empire over to Gretchen and Elliott.
This is what I got out of that scene too.

At this point, the police and DEA have nothing. Any recording of Walt's call to Jesse would have had to been in Hank's car, it also should be inadmissible. Jesse's confession is worthless without him appearing in court. They've got no physical evidence. He admitted to nothing in his call to Skylar. Its not even like he broke a custody agreement when he took Holly. About the only thing they could get him on right now would be domestic abuse/assault on Skylar. But that falls apart unless Walt Jr perjures himself.

BTW, still rooting for Walt.
:confused: They have him saying on the phone call to his wife that he killed a DEA agent.
that's implied. I thought Walt was going to tell sky he had only $11m in the barrel and hank had the rest and took off. I feel like Heisenberg would have said that, but he was already on his way out of Walt.Maybe the ricin is for Elliot and Gretchen.
...or just for Elliot and he has something else for Gretchen
You know what's terrible/funny? If the gun ends up being for him to stand in front of Grey Matter and shoot it all to hell I won't be the least bit surprised.
This actually makes some sense, given that Grey Matter is within ABQ city limits.
Doesn't really matter. The guy he knows that sells machine guns is there as is his ricin. His car is probably able to transport him out of ABQ if need be.
The guy who sells him the gun wants assurances that it won't cross borders, and Walt tells him it won't even leave town. He doesn't have any incentive to fib that detail.

We still don't know why he bailed on Gretchen yet, do we?
Sure he does. If he's going to cross borders is he going to tell the truth and jeopardize the sale? He probably isn't, but why wouldn't he if he needed to?I doubt Gray Matter comes up again. It served its purpose as a motive for his empire building mania. It wasn't clearly laid out, but so much that happens isn't clearly laid out for us on this show as it usually is. There was a love triangle and Walt lost. As a result he watched a mountain of money pile up that he could've been a part of and it's eaten at his ego for years.
Good call Abe. :goodposting:

I thought it was a fascinating episode. The whole Grey Matter fallout is the kernel of the show. Without that, none of this ever happens.

The Jesse storyline was some depressing stuff.
That's what made me think they wouldn't be around anymore. They set him off, and really all this appearance did was reinforce how Walt's ego brought him to this point, which was clearly the impetus behind his empire/alter-ego after the whirlwind of dealing with his death wore off. I still feel that Walt going after them won't be a good storyline, but if they do then I trust they'll make it worth our while.

Jesse's storyline will be nothing compared to Walt. This is Shakespearean. The bad die, the good die, the innocent die and anyone left has nothing but tragedy to deal with. Walt may go full sociopath and go after Gray Matter but I just don't see it being how Walt goes out. Cancer needs to take him, alone and with the knowledge that he destroyed everything around him.

Agreed. They made it really clear a few seasons ago that this was a big part of Walt's motivation. He's not going to kill Gretchen and Elliott, but he not going to sit there and turn his meth empire over to the Nazis the same way he turned his could-have-been Grey matter empire over to Gretchen and Elliott.
Bingo. Perfect.

There is only one hour left. There is going to be no time for elaborate plots to unfold like Walt doing something to the Grey Matter people. The scene last night with Walt watching the Grey Matter interview served one purpose, to get him off his ### back to New Mexico. His motivation is still very much revenge on the Nazi crew and the ricin is for himself because he doesn't want to be taken into custody.

Exactly. I dont think he goes out with a bang at all at this point. He may dies 15 minutes into the show.
What if the ricin isn't to kill anyone? What if he is going to set up the Schwartz's to be in possession of it and thus in a TON of trouble with law enforcement?

Didn't see if anyone had posted this yet.

:goodposting:

I thought the analogy was pretty apparent and spot on.

Flynn (I really do hate that people call him that) killed Walter White. But Gretchen and Elliott re-awoke Heisenberg.

I really don't know who Walt is going after. He knows the blue is out there still. The nazis have his money. Grey Matter still eats at him like his cancer. His family is gone. He looks like a defeated man in the diner and at his home in the flash forwards. He just doesn't care what happens. He's just not finished yet. He's too weak to use that gun though isn't he?
Yeah I agree. Almost like "I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I'm gonna do something. I'm not dying in a cold cabin in the Northeast. I'm dying in a blaze of glory in Albuquerque."

Maybe after he kills the nazis, he makes it over to Gretchen and is able to die in the arms of the woman he has always loved. She tells him how much of an important role he played in the development of GM and Walt passes in peace.

Have to watch the scene again but did Todd pick some lint off the back of Lydia's jacket at the end of their scene?

Todd's one crazy SOB but him and Lydia together is pure gold.

I don't think the machine gun is for the Nazis. I don't know what it's for, but I think that's less likely each week.
Who would it be for then? They killed Hank, that was the final straw that ruined his life as he knew it. It was the final nail that killed any chance at keeping his family together. In his mind at least, it was over long before then but his megalomania let him think he could fix it. They took his money, the only thing he cares about - tangible evidence of his empire. He may have severed his fatherly feelings towards Jesse, but there may be some idea of redemption by saving him, or he may be in kill-mode and want to take out the only other person that can make the blue. The top 4-5 reasons to get an M60 all point to the Nazis.

the ricin is for himself because he doesn't want to be taken into custody.
it's amazing that the worst prediction in this thread gets repeated hundreds of times.
No kidding. "I want to kill myself....I think I'll do it by putting a blowtorch on my nuts, wrapping myself in duct tape, and eating shards of glass until I can't take it anymore."
It's an awful prediction. Almost as bas as framing Gretchen with the ricin.

Jack's crew is heavily armed. seems it would be better for Walt to get them with a bomb or poison or something (ricin?). He got to Gus and his mind has always been his best weapon.

But, the big gun fits with the Mr. Chips to Scarface storyline.

Maybe after he kills the nazis, he makes it over to Gretchen and is able to die in the arms of the woman he has always loved. She tells him how much of an important role he played in the development of GM and Walt passes in peace.
Pretty much the only way this CANNOT end. I also don't think he goes out in suicide by cop/Nazi.

the ricin is for himself because he doesn't want to be taken into custody.
it's amazing that the worst prediction in this thread gets repeated hundreds of times.
No kidding. "I want to kill myself....I think I'll do it by putting a blowtorch on my nuts, wrapping myself in duct tape, and eating shards of glass until I can't take it anymore."
It's an awful prediction. Almost as bas as framing Gretchen with the ricin.
Revising my prediction: he's going to frame Marie with the M60, put the ricin in Carol's garden, and drive off to Omaha for a pre-designed meetup with Saul.

The last scene will be Walt leaving ABQ after taking care of Jesse as revenge for getting Hank killed. He arrives at the airport, sits down, has a scotch while he's waiting watching the news. But little does he know Jesse made a few arrangements of his own.

Walt gets on the plane and feels something is wrong, but can't put his finger on it. He's staring out of the window as they take off. A stewardess comes by and offers him a drink, he takes one to try and get his mind off things and stop being paranoid. He sits back and reminisces about the people who've gone to get him where he is now. Jesse. Hank. Mike. Gus. Hector. Jane. Then he stops, and drops his drink. Jane. It's all coming together. In horror, he turns and looks out the window, and sees the other plane heading straight for him. The shot turns into the plane's POV, camera stuck on the very tip, and we see Walt screaming against the window like Count Olaf before cut to black.

In the air traffic control, we see Don in profile reclining, a tear running down his cheek. 'Never give up on family' he says. The camera slow pans around, and we see the half of his face ruined through shooting himself has been saved through a face transplant from Gus's good half.

Directed by Vince Gilligan.

After a morning to sleep on it: Thoughts for the final episode

Walt is broken and has little strength yet. That being said, sneaking up on the Nazi's is possible, as it doesn't take a ton of strength to shoot a machine gun.

But I just have a feeling that's the endgame that the writers want us to have, but not the endgame that is planned.

Walt knows:

1. His money is irrelevant and gone

2. His family is completely gone

What does he have left? He's a notorious kingpin that has taken on legendary status. The only thing he has left is his "empire". So I think he wants to cement that status.

In keeping with the line of the show, it wouldn't surprise me if somehow he ends up losing that status as well. Somehow I think he publicly fails and the only thing he has left, his legacy, takes a hit. What would be more crushing than the failure of Heisenburg.

The smile on Todd's face while the other guys were watching Jesse recant his killing of Drew Sharpe was evil.
He was just waiting for them to find out. Creepy. With how Jesse was talking about him in the DVD, I think he may have been hoping he could "let" Jesse try to escape so he could kill Andrea. Not sure why she'd unlatch her door because some creepy dude says he has Jesse in a truck though. Funny though that she got screen credit for a minute's worth of work, just like Gummi did last episode when all he did was lay around dead.

A lot of storylines to wrap up in 75 minutes including Low Winter Sun ads.

Do we see Marie again? Was that how they wrapped up Skylar and Flynn? A taxi operator and a kid who hates his dad. I'd guess Saul is gone. Lydia?

I did want to see the background on Gus, oh well.

After a morning to sleep on it: Thoughts for the final episode

Walt is broken and has little strength yet. That being said, sneaking up on the Nazi's is possible, as it doesn't take a ton of strength to shoot a machine gun.

But I just have a feeling that's the endgame that the writers want us to have, but not the endgame that is planned.

Walt knows:

1. His money is irrelevant and gone

2. His family is completely gone

What does he have left? He's a notorious kingpin that has taken on legendary status. The only thing he has left is his "empire". So I think he wants to cement that status.

In keeping with the line of the show, it wouldn't surprise me if somehow he ends up losing that status as well. Somehow I think he publicly fails and the only thing he has left, his legacy, takes a hit. What would be more crushing than the failure of Heisenburg.
It's an M60. If he wants it to hit anything he's trying to aim at, he better have it mounted on something. Even then it's not remotely like Todd's little pew pew pistol.

I really thought Todd was going to kill Skylar. Very tense scene.
Letting her live was pretty out of character for Todd. Niggling criticism, I know.
I thought it played well with his character. At least twice uncle jack wanted to kill Jesse and Todd stopped him.They've also made it a point to say how much respect Todd has for Walter.
That's actually a pretty good point. You're right now that I think about it.

Do we see Marie again? Was that how they wrapped up Skylar and Flynn? A taxi operator and a kid who hates his dad. I'd guess Saul is gone. Lydia?

If they wanted to, they could create a entire series based upon Gus about his life in Chile and his ties to the cartel.

I keep hoping that an AMC executive, Gilligan or even Aaron Paul hit us with a tweet "SURPRISE, THE FINALE IS 120 MINUTES!"

Better Call Saul
wonder if all the actors who played characters that were directly connected to Saul will be a part of the spinoff. Gus, Mike, etc.

This place is going to melt down if the ricin really does turn out to be for Walt himself. :lmao:
I don't really think it's crazy, if it's the "no half-measures" scenario that RHE laid out earlier in the thread. At this point I think Walt's the most likely ricin eater.
that's the only way it makes some sense, but it still means he's going to kill himself before the ricin does what it's supposed to do.

There's no way Walt decides to give himself a painful, miserable, long and drawn out death.

Last edited by a moderator:

Better Call Saul
wonder if all the actors who played characters that were directly connected to Saul will be a part of the spinoff. Gus, Mike, etc.
At some point I would imagine. As many tie ins to BB canon as they can afford will make appearances to keep people watching. Seems like the perfect vehicle for Mike's and Gus' backstories. Max Cherry too (Robert Forster - his son is a good friend of mine, probably going to see him tonight. He's probably swamped at work today with people talking about it).

This place is going to melt down if the ricin really does turn out to be for Walt himself. :lmao:
I don't really think it's crazy, if it's the "no half-measures" scenario that RHE laid out earlier in the thread. At this point I think Walt's the most likely ricin eater.
that's the only way it makes some sense, but it still means he's going to kill himself before the ricin does what it's supposed to do.

There's no way Walt decides to give himself a painful, miserable, long and drawn out death.
He's already dying of cancer which is a painful, miserable, long and drawn out death. Ricin in comparison is quicker and could very well be his last resort right before being taken into custody by the DEA or by the Nazi's.

Users who are viewing this thread