What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (7 Viewers)

I've heard the younger generation referring to themselves as #### housed when they are really drunk. The correct term is #### faced. #### house is stupid.

Adding the word tho' to everything. It's confusing do you like it or not.

Examples:

Them yoga pants tho.

Does she look good or bad in them? Depends how it's said. Normally you can tell.

Dat ### tho'

Adding the word tho' to everything. It's confusing do you like it or not.

Examples:

Them yoga pants tho.

Does she look good or bad in them? Depends how it's said. Normally you can tell.

Dat ### tho'
I have no idea what this refers to. I've never heard anyone do anything even slightly like this.

Ilov80s said:
eurotrashman said:
I'm sure it's listed here, but...

"Easy peasy"

Just stop!!!!!!
It came up earlier in the thread, but overwhelming concesus was that it had serious legs and should be used more often. People here love the easy Peasy.
No.

Chess players saying "okay" and "compensation" every other word.
I think Black is okay here. He has sufficient compensation for the pawn and pressure along the half-open f-file.
Did you see the short interview with Nakamura on Chessbase? Even this very American dude is starting to sound like some foreign guy who learned English watching HBO. "Okay, so maybe I'm not so bad here.. okay, but then, okay, so black has some winning chances. And I'm thinking, okay, what is he doing here?"

Ask and spend as nouns, meaning, respectively, a request or demand and spending or expenditure. These must be stopped by any means necessary.

I guess that might have been mentioned, but I hear these on sports talk radio all the time:

"No, yeah..." when they are agreeing with something and "Yeah, no..." when disagreeing.

Also, "Whether or not (something happens) or not..."

They make my ears hurt.

"Going down a rabbit hole" seems to be the new catch phrase at our company. I'm not sure people even know what it's supposed to mean, but they keep saying it.

Users who are viewing this thread