What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (1 Viewer)

"Cop" is at least as old as Dee Dee Ramone's Chinese Rocks 

I kind of like skerz and merch.

"Fam" has been around for a while and needed to go the instant it arrived. Fam-lay is much cooler and has that Southern drawl

@John_Quaintance
As a public service, here are the two boards from the Workaholics writer's room of comedy phrases that need to be retired, started season 2. https://t.co/DHZqhqU5D5
That list is an utterly bizarre combination of phrases I've never heard of, those my 10-year-old uses, and those my buddies and I were throwing around in college two decades ago.

And the person who suggested that any phrase using "bacon" should be retired needs to be strung up by his/her lower intestine.

Also pet parent.  Unless you gave birth to the thing, you aren't its parent, you hooplehead.
Agreed, people get carried away with the pet love. I mean I love my dog at least as much as my wife, but I also know she will likely be dead in 10 years and we'll adopt a new one. And if the dog doesn't get along with the new wife, we'll put an ad on Craigslist or take her to the SPCA.  :excited:

Also pet parent.  Unless you gave birth to the thing, you aren't its parent, you hooplehead.
Hooplehead?

Nothing wrong with pet parent. You are caring for the pet. You are BASICALLY its parent. 

Would you not call a human person who adopts a human child their parent?

Hooplehead?

Nothing wrong with pet parent. You are caring for the pet. You are BASICALLY its parent. 

Would you not call a human person who adopts a human child their parent?
Did you go to court and legally adopt your pet?  Didn't think so.

Pet guardian- okay.  Pet parent- not at all.

'normalize'

"stop normalizing this behavior"

"by accepting the election results, you're normalizing bigotry" etc etc

Yeah, I hate it when my doctor keeps talking about changing my behavior and fat/alcohol consumption in order to "normalize" my blood pressure, heart rate, sugar levels, triglycerides, etc. 

What a ####.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought we were praising "normalizing." I like it and use it a lot. Mostly because we're normalizing lots of crazy crap these days.

A favorite of Al Michaels that he tries to work in every week (and just did, before the first play): "The crowd is at full throat"

I just got an e-mail with this phrase in it:

Compensation Pit Stop calls will be held beginning Jan. 10 where employees and leaders can call in to ask any questions on the Compensation process.
This isn't about taking a leak; :shuked:

"Clean eating"

I was at Target recently and overheard a woman saying to another (with just the mix of arrogance and disgust you'd expect), "Well, she's not a clean eater like we are."  
Maybe she's eating BBQ or Buffalo wings.  Otherwise, it's just dooshy.

Users who are viewing this thread