What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (4 Viewers)

Tiger did really good at scrambling and finally is starting to look like a real golfer for the first time in a year.Still a long ways to go for him but that at least was encouraging.
I agree. I think if he can play consistently like this, he could have some success for a couple more years. I think dominating Tiger is gone forever, but that doesn't mean he can't still make a run every so often. I'm thinking along the lines of a Freddie Couples, but slightly better.

Watching some of the video from yesterday, he left a few putts dead on line. Obviously, the greens were slower than he thought, which is just about the most frustrating thing in the game for me. Fortunately, it's easy to blame the super (or rules officials) for disrupting one's exquisite, finely-honed putting stroke with these heinous, shaggy rugs. But yeah, short game looks just fine. As does his scrambling.

After the injuries and 2-month layoff, I don't expect Tiger to contend this week. I'm sure he'd never admit it (even to himself) but I think 4 rounds and middle of the pack would be a good result, especially if the short game keeps looking solid.

derek245583 said:
Otis said:
He's ready. This is going to be a big day. Stay near your televisions and inner webs, people.
I dont think he goes low or anything.

I actually think the 73 was a sign of improvement (sad I know)

He showed no ill effects of the back. He seemed to have a strong short game although I think he wussed out a couple times and instead of chipping he hit something safer. I did like the lofted wedge he hit on 8 instead of the amateur shot.

All things considered, I think this is a positive first step.
This. He isn't back, but he's getting there.

TheIronSheik said:
I think people are burying the lede here: Will Tiger eventually shave his head or is he going to sport the bald top with hair on the sides look? Guy was blessed with golf talent, but God got the yips when he was working on his hairline.
He and Lebron are having a contest to see who can hold out the longest without going full shaved.

TheIronSheik said:
I think people are burying the lede here: Will Tiger eventually shave his head or is he going to sport the bald top with hair on the sides look? Guy was blessed with golf talent, but God got the yips when he was working on his hairline.
He and Lebron are having a contest to see who can hold out the longest without going full shaved.
I hear he told Lindsey that he would shave when she does.

What happened on 6? Looks like his 2nd shot went about 6 ft. Did it land and roll back off the green or did he just chunk it?

What happened on 6? Looks like his 2nd shot went about 6 ft. Did it land and roll back off the green or did he just chunk it?
left the tee shot in the worst spot possible. assume it required delicate flop or bump and run and didn't pull it off.

left the tee shot in the worst spot possible. assume it required delicate flop or bump and run and didn't pull it off.
If we could have only seen it :P
http://www.masters.com/en_US/watch/2015/r2_8793_6.html?promo=highlight_bio

Hope you've seen every shot of Jordan Spieth's historic run since noon. And we'll pick Tiger up on the Amen Corner feed here in a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we could have only seen it :P
http://www.masters.com/en_US/watch/2015/r2_8793_6.html?promo=highlight_bio

Hope you've seen every shot of Jordan Spieth's historic run since noon.
I've been following on the site but have seen not one live Tiger shot yet which was kinda my point.

Spieth is just playing great right now,even when he misses he recovers to save himself with ease.

One or two guys just need to be in striking distance of Spieth come Sunday, he could easily have a 2011 Rory final round in him. Obviously doesn't look like it now but Rory looked every bit as good in 2011 until he puked all over himself in the final 18.

Found out a friend of mine knows Spieth's caddy pretty well. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

Will be rooting for him.
Wait, knows him well or pretty well?

Sorry - now I see pretty well. Well, that's something. Can't wait to tell my kids.

Spieth almost holed out another chip
He's on a whole new level right now. Looks like vintage Tiger Woods out there.
Wouldn't go that far. He looks really good, but the course is also playing about as easy as it gets. They're throwing darts.
And yet he's running away from everyone.
Nice goalpost move. The comparison was Tiger, historically, not the field.

Spieth with a safe shot to escape the mess he was in and now drops a birdie to hit -13.

Starting to lap the field now

Pretty hard to play better than Spieth right now... Prob pretty pissed about giving away the Houston Open last week.

Guy is putting on a clinic.

Hey, but Tiger -1, amirite?

Users who are viewing this thread