What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (6 Viewers)

Spieth doesn't get that tremendous break on 9 and it's a different conversation right now. Friendly kick turns likely bogey into a birdie.

Tiger at least showed he's not done so that was very encouraging.As bad as people hate him his is good for the sport when he is playing well without question.

Spieth deserves this win if he gets it.

Can we at least put to rest this stupid notion that he's not still one of the top golfers in the universe?

Can we at least put to rest this stupid notion that he's not still one of the top golfers in the universe?
Fin's original call still holds true. I know it's rough to do the backpedal thing, but it does, and that's what this thread has usually been about :shrug:

He's still one of the best when he's on, but the pre 2009 fear factor is absolutely gone. Maybe it'll turn around again. Hopefully it does and Fin's prognostication will be proven wrong. It would be awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
He looked that way this week for sure but let's see him continue this and maybe then I will say he's back.

Spieth with a great shot to take down the tourney record at 270(Tiger).

I hope he gets this with ease now the way he is playing,simply brilliant.

He looked that way this week for sure but let's see him continue this and maybe then I will say he's back.
Is he going to take two months to prepare for every tournament?
I get you hate him and all but give the guy props when it's due.He has played well above what many expected and has actually looked decent.

I have nothing against Jordan Spith, but I am doing everything in my power to put the whammy on the kid with each shot he takes. I will find the right black magic sooner or later...
But why is Spieth dominating a major not "good for golf?"
It's not that it's bad for golf. It's that a Masters coming down to the wire between the two best players of the last 20 years and the two best players of the next 20 years would be the greatest thing possible for golf.
But if you flipped the script, a lot of people in here probably would rather see Tiger win by 10 shots than have it come down to the wire. Can't have it both ways, unless it's your guy doing the chasing.
Tiger is a once-in-a-generation athlete. You tell your grandkids about watching him win by ten. Speith is an exciting young player, who is also good for the game, but that's it.

I have nothing against Jordan Spith, but I am doing everything in my power to put the whammy on the kid with each shot he takes. I will find the right black magic sooner or later...
It's not that it's bad for golf. It's that a Masters coming down to the wire between the two best players of the last 20 years and the two best players of the next 20 years would be the greatest thing possible for golf.
But if you flipped the script, a lot of people in here probably would rather see Tiger win by 10 shots than have it come down to the wire. Can't have it both ways, unless it's your guy doing the chasing.
Tiger is a once-in-a-generation athlete. You tell your grandkids about watching him win by ten. Speith is an exciting young player, who is also good for the game, but that's it.
Yup. Although Spieth's first 2 rounds were once in a generation too.

Is he going to take two months to prepare for every tournament?
I get you hate him and all but give the guy props when it's due.He has played well above what many expected and has actually looked decent.
I don't hate him. I knew he would make a good showing this week.

This seems like something that should be saved, just in case.

What is his current ranking in the world?
:lmao:
I looked it up. 111th in the world right now. But hey, a top 10 finish this weekend should vault him back in the top 100, maybe even the top 50. I guess it depends on how far you want to stretch it when you say "one of the top golfers in the universe." Does that phrase constitute 20? 50? 100?

Spieth is playing phenomenally, but the conditions are ridiculous. No reason whatsoever not to firm/speed up the greens today. They like him and prefer he have the scoring record than Tiger. That's the only explanation I can think of. The approach shots look like it's TPC Scottsdale.

This is a good entree into the story I was telling my son this morning. It was back in 96 or so when Tiger was about to burst onto the scene. His father Earl made a comment that "Tiger was going to change the world". I spent my entire lunch break in the car listening to Mike and the Mad Dog rail on and on about what a buffoon Earl was, and how Tiger was the most over-hyped athlete in the history of sports. They've been back-tracking ever since.

What he meant to say was 15 shots and 12 shots and 8 shots. In Majors.

Well...he's already 6 world junior or amateur championships behind.

Spieth is playing phenomenally, but the conditions are ridiculous. No reason whatsoever not to firm/speed up the greens today. They like him and prefer he have the scoring record than Tiger. That's the only explanation I can think of. The approach shots look like it's TPC Scottsdale.

minus the rain last night

Barely looks like Augusta. Even prior to the 'Tiger-proofing', the greens were frightening.

Dude, again...it's the SAME CONDITIONS FOR EVERY GOLFER ON THE COURSE. I don't get the "but"

This isn't St Andrews where it's 26 MPH winds in the morning and 3 MPH in the afternoon.

Holy #### with you and this grasping at any straw left available for your boy Tiger.

Dude, again...it's the SAME CONDITIONS FOR EVERY GOLFER ON THE COURSE. I don't get the "but"

This isn't St Andrews where it's 26 MPH winds in the morning and 3 MPH in the afternoon.

Holy #### with you and this grasping at any straw left available for your boy Tiger.
Yep, the tournament is rigged.

I mentioned the scoring record. That has nothing to do with the rest of the field.

minus the rain last night
They need 3-4 hours to dry the greens out. They could have done it. Doesn't make any sense. They want the scoring record broken.

I mentioned the scoring record. That has nothing to do with the rest of the field.
I just don't get it. This is the 2nd time now you've tried to knock down the kid for an amazing tournament 2 years ago, your posts in here were pretty much firmly in the "if Tiger didn't hit the stick on 13 he'd have won"...meanwhile I've seen at least 6 shots this year into a flagstick - it's kind of a normal thing in golf. Along with the conditions changing (being better/being worse in any given year). Tiger could ram his Range Rover into a Honda Civic packed with 6 nuns and you'd find a reason why everyone else is wrong about him. But Spieth can't get so much of a cap tip from you for dominating him (and the rest of the field).

I'm as big a Tiger fan as you and as big a golf fan as you seem to be. Just give the *tip of the cap* to the kid.

Classic. Only a Tiger ballboy would come up with that one.
You have some special spit bubbles today, Gomer?

Classic. Only a Tiger ballboy would come up with that one.
You have some special spit bubbles today, Gomer?
Maybe it's a thing you have against the kid's Sister?

In this thread you've used "Corky" "Urkel" "Gomer" "Spit Bubbles" and "Stay out of the shallow end of the pool" as a pejorative. Not sure why you find that stuff funny but it's about as nasty as one gets in here.

Users who are viewing this thread