What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (3 Viewers)

Tiger won by 12 at -18 after 72 holes. Spieth is at -17 after 53 with eight people within 12 shots. Something's different this week. It's like Rory at the '12 US Open only mother nature isn't the partner this time, it's the competition committee.

Dont' get me wrong, I like Jordan a lot. He's playing phenomenally and is clearly a really good kid. I like him. A lot. Something just seems odd about the set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can Spieth be so solid when he looks at the hole while putting the short ones? almost like seeing a pro using a baseball grip. A childhood quirk he never grew out of.

How can Spieth be so solid when he looks at the hole while putting the short ones? almost like seeing a pro using a baseball grip. A childhood quirk he never grew out of.
I've been pointing this out for over a year now. Mostly since last years Masters thread.

It's not a childhood habit he won't break. He has serious problems with the yips within 5 feet.

He doesn't even look at the hole every time. He's a train wreck in that distance, which will cost him majors.

It kind of makes sense. It's the same with a shot in pool. Once you line up on the cue ball, you look at the target (the object ball).

I'm surprised more players don't do it.

It kind of makes sense. It's the same with a shot in pool. Once you line up on the cue ball, you look at the target (the object ball).

That's the thing. No great players have ever done it. He has to fix it if he wants to be great.

That's the thing. No great players have ever done it. He has to fix it if he wants to be great.
Maybe he's a trail blazer.

Like the first guy who ever putted cross-handed.

You aren't looking at the point of contact. It can't work.

Can we at least put to rest this stupid notion that he's not still one of the top golfers in the universe?
What is his current ranking in the world?
:lmao:
I looked it up. 111th in the world right now. But hey, a top 10 finish this weekend should vault him back in the top 100, maybe even the top 50. I guess it depends on how far you want to stretch it when you say "one of the top golfers in the universe." Does that phrase constitute 20? 50? 100?
:lmao:

It seems to work for him. It works in pool.

I've been pointing this out for over a year now. Mostly since last years Masters thread.

It's not a childhood habit he won't break. He has serious problems with the yips within 5 feet.

He doesn't even look at the hole every time. He's a train wreck in that distance, which will cost him majors.
We are just lucky that the tournament was rigged for big scores.

Kid crumbles tomorrow
Tiger, Phil and Rorz all duke it out
Oh baby
Kid's time to crumble was when Tiger and Phil were making the ground shake today and he got a bit loose. Then he flipped the switch. He can handle it. Can't imagine anybody getting close.

We are just lucky you are here to "lick the windows."

It seems to work for him. It works in pool.
It doesn't work for him. He's 5th in total putting and 156th within 10 feet.

We are just lucky you are here to "lick the windows."
Says the guy who made the dumbest statement in this thread.

Hope others saw Phil's interview. A high watermark moment.
Cliff's notes?
The course was rewarding good shots, not rewarding bad shots.

I wore pink today because Arnold Palmer wore pink.

I'm going to wear black tomorrow because it helps me think I can play more aggressively (weird)

Also said "f ucking god" during the interview...nevermind, that was Tiger.

OMG. What a total tool he is!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread