What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Bens lawyer denies allegations (1 Viewer)

Ok, since obviously my logic has dazzled you both and now you are picking at my words... Let me be more clear for the slow pokes out there.

If the girl doesn't change her story and retract the allegations then I will always wonder about it. But, assuming she sticks to her story and swears he did it and it is his word against hers then I will always wonder if he did it.

I love the strategy, when all else fails pick at the wording of the guy you disagree with, try to force him into a narrow rat hole and then pounce when he says something you can pick at instead of trying to understand the overall intention and point of the discussion. :shrug:

Is she sticks to story and doesn't recant or it doesn't come out tomorrow that she has accused 50 people of the same thing etc, then I will think he might have done it... Better?
Oh, I'm dazzled all right. Not by your logic, but I am dazzled.Yes, that is better. I still don't entirely agree with your contention, but this current revision is better. Unfortunately, it's not what you said earlier; that "his reputation will be harmed by this", and that this was a "cold, hard fact." These are your words, not mine. If that's not precisely what you meant, perhaps learning to articulate yourself better might be a more proactive solution than castigating others for lacking the clairvoyance to ascertain the true meaning behind your misleading words. Also, calling more intelligent people than yourself "slow pokes" while essentially admitting that your exact words didn't entirely capture what you meant to say could be viewed as somewhat hypocritical.

I'll also add to your list of scenarios in which Ben's reputation will not be harmed. I believe that even if she does stick to her story, and has no history of making such claims in the past - if she's shown to be mentally imbalanced, or if there is no evidence whatsoever, circumstantial or otherwise, to back up her claim, I think Roethlisberger's reputation will escape entirely unharmed.
You are once again parsing words. lol You are a fan defending his QB. Don't worry we all understand and get this.

For Roth's sake I hope this all blows over and he didn't do it. But, make no mistake.

If she is not proved crazy very quickly and does not recant, this is going to hurt his reputation.

Regardless of what an eventual trial decides legally, if she is not proved crazy or does not recant, then his reputation is tarnished FOR GOOD.

You fans can all defend him all day long on a message board, and argue with people like me who you don't know, and go home and sleep well at night knowing you defended your guys honor, but in the real world he will be losing endorsements. In the real world ESPN will be talking about it during the game when we all watch it, they will discuss how it may impact him, they will discuss whether or not he gets suspended.... And, America who doesn't read Evilgrin posts on a message board will be wondering if he did it. His reputation may not deserve to get tarnished but it will. that is a cold hard fact. So enjoy posting on a message board and trying to make me look bad. Everyone on here who has read what I said, knows I am making sense. Barring a drastic reversal or huge revealing side plot in the next few days this will story will be everywhere and it will hurt his reputation.

Did I miss a detail in the story? She didn't file a criminal complaint because she thought she'd be fired. Why would a civil complaint not give her the same fear?
Maybe she doesn't care about that now?
Then why not file a criminal complaint? Is there a time limit?
More difficult to prove? The best evidence no longer exists? :shrug:
She knows the evidence is gone if its true the security guy took it from her home.

Ok, since obviously my logic has dazzled you both and now you are picking at my words... Let me be more clear for the slow pokes out there.If the girl doesn't change her story and retract the allegations then I will always wonder about it. But, assuming she sticks to her story and swears he did it and it is his word against hers then I will always wonder if he did it. I love the strategy, when all else fails pick at the wording of the guy you disagree with, try to force him into a narrow rat hole and then pounce when he says something you can pick at instead of trying to understand the overall intention and point of the discussion. :shrug: Is she sticks to story and doesn't recant or it doesn't come out tomorrow that she has accused 50 people of the same thing etc, then I will think he might have done it... Better?
I didn't think I was nitpicking at all. You were very clear in your view's regarding the damage done to BR's rep due to this accusation. I think maybe you need to go back and check the "overall intention" of your posts and you'll find my views were relevant, understandable and definitely in line with the "point of discussion".I love the strategy - when all else fails start throwing out accusations without merit in hopes that the other parties will finally give up and find something else to do.Hey look - it worked.

Did I miss a detail in the story? She didn't file a criminal complaint because she thought she'd be fired. Why would a civil complaint not give her the same fear?
Maybe she doesn't care about that now?
Then why not file a criminal complaint? Is there a time limit?
More difficult to prove? The best evidence no longer exists? :shrug:
She knows the evidence is gone if its true the security guy took it from her home.
That's not the evidence I was referring to.

Ok, since obviously my logic has dazzled you both and now you are picking at my words... Let me be more clear for the slow pokes out there.If the girl doesn't change her story and retract the allegations then I will always wonder about it. But, assuming she sticks to her story and swears he did it and it is his word against hers then I will always wonder if he did it. I love the strategy, when all else fails pick at the wording of the guy you disagree with, try to force him into a narrow rat hole and then pounce when he says something you can pick at instead of trying to understand the overall intention and point of the discussion. :shrug: Is she sticks to story and doesn't recant or it doesn't come out tomorrow that she has accused 50 people of the same thing etc, then I will think he might have done it... Better?
I didn't think I was nitpicking at all. You were very clear in your view's regarding the damage done to BR's rep due to this accusation. I think maybe you need to go back and check the "overall intention" of your posts and you'll find my views were relevant, understandable and definitely in line with the "point of discussion".I love the strategy - when all else fails start throwing out accusations without merit in hopes that the other parties will finally give up and find something else to do.Hey look - it worked.
+1 for Rothlisberger! Good posting.

That's not the evidence I was referring to.
Oh I see what you meant now... yeah you are right. I bet she will say she had the video of going into his room and leaving a half hour or hour later and that they took it.

DO people really protect celebrities to this extent?

"The suit says Harrah’s security chief Guy Hyder gained the trust of her parents while she was hospitalized for depression and persuaded them to give him a key to her home. She said Hyder and others then entered her home and allegedly erased information from her computer and confiscated it."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-r...p&type=lgns
From that article:
The lawsuit also names eight Harrah’s employees as defendants and alleges the cover-up involved the chief of security at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe and was carried out with the knowledge of John Koster, president of Harrah’s northern Nevada operations.
The suit says Harrah’s security chief Guy Hyder gained the trust of her parents while she was hospitalized for depression and persuaded them to give him a key to her home. She said Hyder and others then entered her home and allegedly erased information from her computer and confiscated it.

The lawsuit claims that when the woman first reported the attack to Hyder he dismissed her distress and crying and said she was “overreacting.”

The woman said Hyder told her that “most girls would feel lucky to get to have sex with someone like Ben Roethlisberger” and that “Koster would love you even more if he knew about this” because Koster was good friends with Roethlisberger and admired him greatly.

...I think Roethlisberger's reputation will escape entirely unharmed.
In the minds of those who follow the case. You have to admit that there are plenty of people who will have no idea what happens with this case beyond this point. Steelers fans will follow this very closely. They will remember more details than anyone else. His rep may be swayed in their minds by the facts of this case. But, for most people out there, the facts don't enter the picture because they'll never know more of the facts than they know right now.
Maybe. But if it's disposed of quickly, it will be forgotten. See : Bettis, Jerome. If it has legs like the Kobe case, sure - there will be some who will ignore the facts and formulate an opinion - I have no doubt about that. But Kobe seems to have weathered the storm just fine - and his was a more high-profile case (by necessity - he's a bigger star than Roethlisberger), plus Ben isn't married, so if it turns out the sex was consensual, he won't even have to deal with those who poo-poo adultery.

Ok, since obviously my logic has dazzled you both and now you are picking at my words... Let me be more clear for the slow pokes out there.

If the girl doesn't change her story and retract the allegations then I will always wonder about it. But, assuming she sticks to her story and swears he did it and it is his word against hers then I will always wonder if he did it.

I love the strategy, when all else fails pick at the wording of the guy you disagree with, try to force him into a narrow rat hole and then pounce when he says something you can pick at instead of trying to understand the overall intention and point of the discussion. :blackdot:

Is she sticks to story and doesn't recant or it doesn't come out tomorrow that she has accused 50 people of the same thing etc, then I will think he might have done it... Better?
Oh, I'm dazzled all right. Not by your logic, but I am dazzled.Yes, that is better. I still don't entirely agree with your contention, but this current revision is better. Unfortunately, it's not what you said earlier; that "his reputation will be harmed by this", and that this was a "cold, hard fact." These are your words, not mine. If that's not precisely what you meant, perhaps learning to articulate yourself better might be a more proactive solution than castigating others for lacking the clairvoyance to ascertain the true meaning behind your misleading words. Also, calling more intelligent people than yourself "slow pokes" while essentially admitting that your exact words didn't entirely capture what you meant to say could be viewed as somewhat hypocritical.

I'll also add to your list of scenarios in which Ben's reputation will not be harmed. I believe that even if she does stick to her story, and has no history of making such claims in the past - if she's shown to be mentally imbalanced, or if there is no evidence whatsoever, circumstantial or otherwise, to back up her claim, I think Roethlisberger's reputation will escape entirely unharmed.
You are once again parsing words. lol You are a fan defending his QB. Don't worry we all understand and get this.

For Roth's sake I hope this all blows over and he didn't do it. But, make no mistake.

If she is not proved crazy very quickly and does not recant, this is going to hurt his reputation.

Regardless of what an eventual trial decides legally, if she is not proved crazy or does not recant, then his reputation is tarnished FOR GOOD.

You fans can all defend him all day long on a message board, and argue with people like me who you don't know, and go home and sleep well at night knowing you defended your guys honor, but in the real world he will be losing endorsements. In the real world ESPN will be talking about it during the game when we all watch it, they will discuss how it may impact him, they will discuss whether or not he gets suspended.... And, America who doesn't read Evilgrin posts on a message board will be wondering if he did it. His reputation may not deserve to get tarnished but it will. that is a cold hard fact. So enjoy posting on a message board and trying to make me look bad. Everyone on here who has read what I said, knows I am making sense. Barring a drastic reversal or huge revealing side plot in the next few days this will story will be everywhere and it will hurt his reputation.
I never even argued with your original assertion. I just wanted you to clarify what you meant, because apparently what you said and what you meant were two different things. All I'm saying is that if he's exonerated, he's really not going to suffer much of an image problem, if at all. He doesn't have many national endorsements right now. If this is disposed of quickly, or there proves to be no merit to the charges, he's going to be acquitted in the eyes of Pittsburghers (he probably already has been) and his national profile is going to take a minimal hit, if any.Kobe admitted to having consensual sex while married and was never even acquitted of sexual assault charges - he essentially admitted that what the girl said happened was primarily true and admitted he understood why she felt assaulted in return for getting the charges dropped. He still has the bulk of his endorsement deals and his career is completely intact.

...I think Roethlisberger's reputation will escape entirely unharmed.
In the minds of those who follow the case. You have to admit that there are plenty of people who will have no idea what happens with this case beyond this point. Steelers fans will follow this very closely. They will remember more details than anyone else. His rep may be swayed in their minds by the facts of this case. But, for most people out there, the facts don't enter the picture because they'll never know more of the facts than they know right now.
Maybe. But if it's disposed of quickly, it will be forgotten. See : Bettis, Jerome.
Agreed. I didn't even remember the Bettis situation when it was mentioned in this thread. If this blows over, very few will remember.
If it has legs like the Kobe case, sure - there will be some who will ignore the facts and formulate an opinion - I have no doubt about that. But Kobe seems to have weathered the storm just fine - and his was a more high-profile case (by necessity - he's a bigger star than Roethlisberger)...
Sure, he weathered the storm the same way a home only loses some windows and shingles during a hurricane. But, that's a far cry from saying it didn't affect his reputation. Didn't he lose some endorsements for a while? Many still see him as being guilty. He came out of that situation about as well as can be expected, IMO. But, again, that doesn't mean his reputation didn't take a hit.
plus Ben isn't married, so if it turns out the sex was consensual, he won't even have to deal with those who poo-poo adultery.
You're getting into the facts of the case. The facts will really only affect the few that follow the facts.

I love the strategy, when all else fails pick at the wording of the guy you disagree with, try to force him into a narrow rat hole and then pounce when he says something you can pick at instead of trying to understand the overall intention and point of the discussion. :P

I never even argued with your original assertion. I just wanted you to clarify what you meant, because apparently what you said and what you meant were two different things. All I'm saying is that if he's exonerated, he's really not going to suffer much of an image problem, if at all. He doesn't have many national endorsements right now. If this is disposed of quickly, or there proves to be no merit to the charges, he's going to be acquitted in the eyes of Pittsburghers (he probably already has been) and his national profile is going to take a minimal hit, if any.Kobe admitted to having consensual sex while married and was never even acquitted of sexual assault charges - he essentially admitted that what the girl said happened was primarily true and admitted he understood why she felt assaulted in return for getting the charges dropped. He still has the bulk of his endorsement deals and his career is completely intact.
Kobe's reputation is tarnished. So what is your point? Mine is that Ben's reputation will be tarnished if this doesn't go away soon. So do you agree with me?

If so, what are we arguing about?

I am not a Steeler fan, hence I didn't put in flowery nice language for Ben or try to make it sound optimistic... It is what is, he has been accused of rape and the accusers story is very well done with tons of details... If she doesn't recant soon, he is going to take a hit. Agree?

I really don't understand what you guys are arguing about.

Take a much more innocuous case when TO said his whole "If it smells like a rat" bit, referring to Jeff Garcia. Despite not providing any specific details or evidence, many people still look at Garcia differently since those words were spoken by TO.

"She said Hyder and others then entered her home and allegedly erased information from her computer and confiscated it."
If this allegation turns out not to be true then she sounds like she is suffering from paranoia as well as depression.
I know there is a big leap from depression to mental imbalance, but since she's admitted serious enough depression to require hospitalization, I'm sure the defense will pursue the angle.

I have to agree with benm3218 on at least one of his points. To be accused is to have your reputation tarnished. Period. There are no if's, and's or but's about it. It's just the American way of thinking. Most folks will believe a story simply because the courts become involved because most folks feel that charges wouldn't have been brought had nothing at all occurred. I understand this is a civil matter with Roethlisberger currently, but it does not matter in the eyes of most Americans and the general public. He is guilty of something in their eyes because he is being sued in court.

I absolutely know this is true as it has happened to me. No, I am not a celebrity. I am a man who was accused of molestation and rape of his own daughter. All charges were eventually dropped, as they were trumped up by my ex-wife. My daughter was 3 yrs, 10 months old at the time of my being accused. My reputation has suffered as a result of the charges and nothing I say or do is ever going to change that. Oh, and by the way, most folks believe my ex is a nut-job, but that hasn't changed the fact that 6 years later I still can go to the local grocery store and receive strange looks from folks around town that I used to know well but they don't even give me a second glance anymore, let alone say "Hi!"

I am not a proponent of "guilty until proven innocent" obviously, but that is the way it is for many folks. Not right, but that is the way it is. Truly a shame for all of us.

I absolutely know this is true as it has happened to me. No, I am not a celebrity. I am a man who was accused of molestation and rape of his own daughter. All charges were eventually dropped, as they were trumped up by my ex-wife. My daughter was 3 yrs, 10 months old at the time of my being accused. My reputation has suffered as a result of the charges and nothing I say or do is ever going to change that. Oh, and by the way, most folks believe my ex is a nut-job, but that hasn't changed the fact that 6 years later I still can go to the local grocery store and receive strange looks from folks around town that I used to know well but they don't even give me a second glance anymore, let alone say "Hi!"
Very sorry this happened to you, Ruff.

Ditto...My hope is there's a special place reserved in the afterlife for people who do this sort of thing....

Thanks......I probably rambled a bit there, but my point was that it doesn't really matter who you are. When accusations (false or true) are made against an individual, that most people find offensive, at the time of accusation there is little that could be said or done by the accused to alter the perceptions and conclusions that others have now quickly jumped to. Sure, some people will forgive and forget if the accused is vindicated, but not everyone. So, the end result for the accused is a tarnished reputation as there will always be somebody who says, "There goes that rapist," or whatever the individual was accused of. Regardless of any public vindication.Peace.EDIT: punctuation

Last edited by a moderator:
This has never happened to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.
Are you discounting the famous Manning "teabagging" incident? I've never viewed him the same since that fateful day:
In 1996, while still quarterback at the University of Tennessee, Manning dropped his pants while being treated by assistant athletic trainer Jamie Ann Naughright. After an investigation, the university concluded the incident was a "mooning" gone awry and not sexual in nature, and Manning was disciplined and required to apologize in writing to Naughright.[8] The university chose to settle Naughright's sexual harassment claims (which included the Manning incident) for $300,000.[9] In 2003, Manning settled a 2002 lawsuit filed by Naughright for $300,000. In the suit Naughright alleged that "Manning: A Father, His Sons and a Football Legacy", a book written by Manning, his father and author John Underwood, defamed her.[10]

Here are some pictures of the women who accussed he raped her. Andrea McNulty http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/andrea_mcnulty

And here are some picture's of Ben's girlfriend Missy Peregrym http://photobucket.com/images/missy%20peregrym/

And one more little piece of information ben's contract is eight-year, $102 million contract so about $12.75 million per year

Case Closed Ben is inicent!

Is this to soon thought I would have a Little FUN
First McNair....now Ben......Can these guys get some "Grade A Trim" instead of screwing with these horseheads?......Ugggggghhh! I dunno if it's just me or not, but if I've got a few million in my pockets then I don't think I'd be sleeping with the likes of hotel concierge and Dave & Buster attendants...... :goodposting: .

The next batch of QBs better start hanging out with Brady and Romo.....these cats go after the babes with the 3BBs (Big Booobs, Big Bottom, and most importantly, Big Bank). Looks like my boy Mark "Da Master" Sanchez is off on the right track......wit' the young starlets, that is...

I bet Aaron Rodgers never has these problems. He probably goes out with really cute indie rock-loving girls who have their own vegetable gardens.

Yes, these are the things I think about.

(Also one day we will be best friends.)

In 1996, while still quarterback at the University of Tennessee, Manning dropped his pants while being treated by assistant athletic trainer Jamie Ann Naughright. After an investigation, the university concluded the incident was a "mooning" gone awry and not sexual in nature, and Manning was disciplined and required to apologize in writing to Naughright.[8] The university chose to settle Naughright's sexual harassment claims (which included the Manning incident) for $300,000.[9] In 2003, Manning settled a 2002 lawsuit filed by Naughright for $300,000. In the suit Naughright alleged that "Manning: A Father, His Sons and a Football Legacy", a book written by Manning, his father and author John Underwood, defamed her.[10]
I don't know if I can eat dinner now. :no: : Though, I choose to take it as a nice dig at Peyton that it was not considered sexual. :confused:

This has never happened to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.
BR: youngest QB to have 2 rings and sexual assualt charges brought against him. HOF LOCK
If he gets in it will be the most highly debated HOF inductee in history. If he did not do it I hope he gets his due in the media. If he did it or even if he settles in a cash settlement I hope he gets nailed to the wall.
Calm down, GB. ACP was trying to inject a little levity into the debate.

Here are some pictures of the women who accussed he raped her. Andrea McNulty http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/andrea_mcnulty

And here are some picture's of Ben's girlfriend Missy Peregrym http://photobucket.com/images/missy%20peregrym/

And one more little piece of information ben's contract is eight-year, $102 million contract so about $12.75 million per year

Case Closed Ben is inicent!

Is this to soon thought I would have a Little FUN
First McNair....now Ben......Can these guys get some "Grade A Trim" instead of screwing with these horseheads?......Ugggggghhh! I dunno if it's just me or not, but if I've got a few million in my pockets then I don't think I'd be sleeping with the likes of hotel concierge and Dave & Buster attendants...... ;) .

The next batch of QBs better start hanging out with Brady and Romo.....these cats go after the babes with the 3BBs (Big Booobs, Big Bottom, and most importantly, Big Bank). Looks like my boy Mark "Da Master" Sanchez is off on the right track......wit' the young starlets, that is...
This post just made me hate everyone.

My question is what does Goodell do? If Big Ben settles does Big Ben get suspended? This will test him does he have the balls to suspend on of his star players.

if this is made up, i feel bad for Ben. if its not made up he's a turd and should do serious prison time.
Maybe he should have got drunk and high and then ran her over on his motorcyle and kill her and then he only has to do less than 30 days in a county jail.

One of the two is a victim.

I wish that I had more faith in our judicial system, but I don't think that the truth will ever be clearly determined in a court room.

if this is made up, i feel bad for Ben. if its not made up he's a turd and should do serious prison time.
Maybe he should have got drunk and high and then ran her over on his motorcyle and kill her and then he only has to do less than 30 days in a county jail.
Yeah, the judicial system is a joke. Not to get too far off topic, but look at Vick. He killed a few dogs and people will hate him forever and he got 2 yrs in jail. You run someone over and kill them and you get a few days... Disgusting.

My question is what does Goodell do? If Big Ben settles does Big Ben get suspended? This will test him does he have the balls to suspend on of his star players.
Vick and Burress are were star players.
:fixed:
You are missing the point. Both were star players when they got busted. If Ben is guilty, Goodell has already shown he has the "balls to suspend one of his star players".
"If" Ben is guilty...he has a lot more to worry about than the balls of Roger Goodell. At the point he'll be worrying about the balls of many guys in the state pen.

Yeah, the judicial system is a joke. Not to get too far off topic, but look at Vick. He killed a few dogs and people will hate him forever and he got 2 yrs in jail. You run someone over and kill them and you get a few days... Disgusting.
Vick wasn't in jail for killing dogs.

The most pointed accusations by McNulty are directed at Guy Hyder, Chief of Security at Harrah's Lake Tahoe, and John Koster, Harrah's Northern Nevada President.

Harrah's Entertainment Inc., is not named as a defendant in the suit.

The complaint states that Koster's valued friendship with Roethlisberger was something he often boasted of and that Hyder, when told of the alleged assault by McNulty, said that McNulty was overreacting.

Hyder also allegedly said "most girls would feel lucky to get to have sex with someone like Ben Roethlisberger" that "Koster would love you even more if he knew about this" and that "Koster would suck his d--k if Roethlisberger let him."

Last August, soon after the alleged assault, a co-worker warned McNulty that if she ever let on to knowing Roethlisberger, Koster would "personally fire you for starting rumors about Roethlisberger's personal life."

The complaint states that, because "Harrah's and its personnel, particularly Hyder and Koster would side with and support Roethlisberger" she did not go to the police and attempted to deal with the situation on her own. In late September, early October and again in November, McNulty was hospitalized for depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder. She had lost 30 pounds.

The complaint says that, in the fall of 2008, Hyder "entered into contact with Plaintiff's parents, stating falsely that the reason for Plaintiff's breakdown was the cessation of a Plaintiff's e-mail correspondence with a young man and omitting all reference to and concealing the sexual assault that had taken place on July 11, 2008."

This aligns with TMZ report from earlier in the day, which cited a source who claimed that McNulty had an e-mail relationship with what she believed was a U.S. soldier stationed in Iraq but that the "soldier" was actually the wife of a man with whom McNulty allegedly had a relationship. The TMZ report claims that McNulty was distraught when those e-mails ceased, and that she told others that the soldier had been killed in action.

According to the complaint, Hyder convinced McNulty to give her a key to her home so that he could check on her during her convalesence but "entered her home and on information belief without her knowledge proceeded to examine and remove and alter the content of and the file or files and information on her work laptop computer and to remove her computer which was done without her knowledge and understanding and was done for the purpose of providing the information to Harrah's and for their own Defendants' purposes."

The claim also states that Harrah's Entertainment Inc. looked into McNulty's complaint in April of 2009 and performed interviews with a number of the defendants but that the resulting interviews were a collection of "character assassination." It's also alleged that requests for any surveillance tapes have been "ignored or denied."
link

The complaint states that, because "Harrah's and its personnel, particularly Hyder and Koster would side with and support Roethlisberger" she did not go to the police and attempted to deal with the situation on her own.
This part does not make sense to me. If she had contacted the police immediately after the incident then there would have been DNA, surveilience tapes and other evidence (hair on the bed, etc.) and Harrah's would have had no choice but to cooperate with the investigation. I understand that a rape is a traumatic event and she may have not been thinking clearly but to wait a year I am guessing there is little evidence left to support her claim and it becomes a case of he said/she said. Not sure going through an extremely public case is in her best interest considering her mental state.

Mine is that Ben's reputation will be tarnished if this doesn't go away soon. So do you agree with me?If so, what are we arguing about?I am not a Steeler fan, hence I didn't put in flowery nice language for Ben or try to make it sound optimistic... It is what is, he has been accused of rape and the accusers story is very well done with tons of details... If she doesn't recant soon, he is going to take a hit. Agree?
Just because a story has tons of details it doesn't make it true. Something may have happened at Harrah's between Ben and his accuser, but you also have to consider that this woman has had a year to possibly fabricate an elaborate story against him for $. It is true that many rapes go unreported, but it's not the norm to wait a year and file a civil suit for rape without a report of the rape to authorities having already taken place. Women who are brave enough to come forward want the person put behind bars because of what they did to her, and so that they won't do it again to someone else. Filing a civil lawsuit doesn't accomplish that. If a criminal trial had already happened, a civil lawsuit for damages would not be questionable, but what Ben's accuser is doing is questionable.

Users who are viewing this thread