What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (1 Viewer)

I have Cutler in over Sanchez right now too. Seems to me that Cutler has both a higher ceiling and lower floor than Sanchez. NO D is really bad, but CHI is so dysfunctional right now that anything can happen. With both QBs playing in primetime games I'm considering playing the appropriate QB based on my opponent's score on Sunday night... probably over analyzing this, but it's a thought I have at this point.

Cutler or Stafford

Pretty sure I'll pick the wrong one. Changed my lineup like 5 times now. Stafford seems like the safer play.....

I wish they made a "garbage time predictor" so that I had a clue what Cutler will do.

So is anybody still starting him for FF? The matchup looks good on paper, but with Marshall done and all the drama I'm starting to debate.
I'm all in. Last week folks were saying don't do it...I did, and even with Marshall's injury, he piled up tons of garbage points: 300+ yards, 2 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD.

Now before overanalyzing consider this. NO = awful defense, high powered offense. That means, Cutler will be slinging it the entire game, probably in catch up mode the whole time. He doesn't have to play well and the Bears don't have to win for him to post a fat fantasy stat line. Sure Marshall is out so that hurts but he piled up tons of garbage yards last week without him as well. Look for Forte to be a PPR beast out of the backfield and the TE will get tons of catches as well.

I guess if I had someone like Brady I would not be starting him but if your alternative is someone equivalent with a tougher matchup I woudl not hesitate to roll with Cutler.

enyce said:
I've been back and forth deciding between Cutler and Sanchez all week. I can't believe my week 15 game comes down to either Butt Fumble or Pouty Face. If anyone has insight, please provide as it would be greatly appreciated. With that said, I'm leaning Cutler vs NO as the Saints defense is terrible. The Dallas vs Philly game might be one of those all out war games where the both defenses play at high levels and I've never remembered Sanchez to come up big in those situations.
Sadly, as a Cowboys fan, I can't remember a time (for the last *3 YEARS IN A ROW* anyway) where Dallas actually won one of these "win-and-you-clinch-the-division" games.

like somebody said earlier in thread, and probably many times, cutler is turible as an actual qb, but fantasy jay is usually good.

he should probably torch nos.

the main downside to fantasy jay is that turning the ball over costs you yards, and possibly points, so you're always subject to a meltdown, but to be fair about it every qb has bad weeks.

I once played ball w/ Jeff George in HS. What I see in Cutler is eerily similar to George. Honestly, I think George was ahead of his time. If he hit the league 10 years later, he'd be a much better version of Cutler. Cutler sucks and I honestly feel he either takes drugs or completely shows his highs and lows more than anyone I've ever seen.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17lisp0g799ayjpg/medium.jpg
Every time I see that pic, I see the way his dog has his head turned to the side, and picture him thinking "Oh god, don't snap a picture of me with this guy"

Cutler haters are just idots....you can have McCown as your QB....lol
148.7 passer rating on the road against the team that was in the NFC Championship game the last 3 years, playing on prime time with the opponent opening a new stadium and in a situation where his RB went for 20 rushing yards and with his 2 best WRs hurt and 2 starting OL out for the game ..... keep hating haters....love it!
Trestman said today that Marshall was supposed to run a 18 yard hook and instead turned it into a go on that 2nd int.... I am sure schmucks like shonuff do not care about facts since it does not suit their narrative.
I miss this guy. We need some fresh narratives.

Before anyone piles on - I know this is an "Assist Coach" question.

Two weeks ago I swore I wouldn't play Cutler again, then the following week he has mediocre numbers but nice Fantasy stats in my league.

With a FF Championship at stake next week, I need big points this week, and Cutler is playing the Saints porous defense and my other option is Tom Brady, Is the Dolphins defense still at lease a little stingy?
'Man, I can't believe I started Cutler over Brady. What was I thinking?'s

I hate watching that mopey ####er play and think he's overrated in terms of actual game acumen but (in a fantasy league that does not penalize for turnovers) he was a good value pick this season.

#6 QB and ADP of Rd 7 or later IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Jay Cutler completed 17-of-31 passes for 194 yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions in the Bears' 31-15, Week 15 loss to the Saints on Monday night.

The matchup couldn't have been much better for Cutler, but he predictably went all DGAF on us and took seven sacks, missed open receivers, and turned the ball over another three times. Both of his touchdowns came late in the fourth quarter. He hooked up with Marquess Wilson for a one-yard score to bring the score to 24-8, and then found Alshon Jeffery for the garbagiest of garbage-time touchdowns from seven yards out with 30 ticks left on the clock. Cutler leads the NFL in turnovers and gets to face the Lions' tough defense in Week 16. He managed 280 yards and a 2:2 TD:INT ratio against Detroit on Thanksgiving, but this Bears team has lied down since then.

Dec 15 - 11:42 PM

Where is that Super Vandy Homer who goes to the mat at all costs for Cu ntler? Curious what he has to say about all this.

No, candyvandyman or whatever. He was endless. Would pull up selective statistics time and again to prove Cutler's greatness.

Users who are viewing this thread