What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (8 Viewers)

Just finished Mass Effect. Tried to have the secks with the hot blue alien, but I must have done something wrong ("What else is new?" and / or "That's what she said!" before anyone else gets it in). Oh well.

Not sure what's next.

Out with the old, in with the new. Current games:

Borderlands

Uncharted 2

Demon's Souls

Batman: Arkham Assylum

Wii Sports Resort

Also have some RPG's for the DS that I've been making my way though, currently playing Final Fantasy III on that with Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger, and The World Ends With You on deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brutal Legend is fun but I don't think it will have lasting appeal for most people. Its a really short single player campaign thats extended by random side quests and searching for items. Problem is there are only maybe 5 different type of sidequests, you just repeat them over and over. If you played InFamous then you know what I mean, except InFamous was a slightly longer game in general. Plus there is a slight RTS-esque strategy element to the game for their epic stage battles that require you to build troops and order them to attack certain places. However theres an awesome metal soundtrack, lots of guest voice actors and it's still a very amusing game set in a perfectly realized open world that looks like an old school metal album cover.

Steady Mooobin said:
I'm not a big fan of pre-ordering. I HATE EB so I try not to buy games there. I usually get them at Target, so it isn't like they are any better, but I don't like EB's aggressive sales tactics. I've been buying games since the early 80's, I don't need to be lied to when telling me I need to pre-order or I won't be able to find a game. I would love to be able to go to a game store that doesn't employ nerds with ego's.
I agree. In fact, unless it's a title I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for, I'll usually try to give it a few months, and then pick it up for half price from eBay or something. I scored Bioshock, Dead Space, and Metal Gear 4 for a total of less than $50.

Steady Mooobin said:
I'm not a big fan of pre-ordering. I HATE EB so I try not to buy games there. I usually get them at Target, so it isn't like they are any better, but I don't like EB's aggressive sales tactics. I've been buying games since the early 80's, I don't need to be lied to when telling me I need to pre-order or I won't be able to find a game. I would love to be able to go to a game store that doesn't employ nerds with ego's.
I agree. In fact, unless it's a title I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for, I'll usually try to give it a few months, and then pick it up for half price from eBay or something. I scored Bioshock, Dead Space, and Metal Gear 4 for a total of less than $50.
Did you even finish Dead Space.The controls on the PC are bad but the graphics are great as well as the storyline.

Steady Mooobin said:
Did you even finish Dead Space.The controls on the PC are bad but the graphics are great as well as the storyline.
Yes, I finished Dead Space. I liked it a lot and will likely play through it at least once more. It flew under the radar a bit, but I think it's probably the best "survival horror" video game I've played since the original Resident Evil.ETA: In regards to the controls, I played the PS3 version, and had no trouble with them.

Finally got the projector/sound system all set up in my newly done man cave so I've been able to squeeze a bit of gaming in when I'm not working 11-12 hours a day or taking care of my 9 month old.

Picked up Force Unleashed on the cheap. Okay game - pretty much God of War in the Star Wars universe. I'm not a huge fan of the purely linear button mashers so we'll see if I ever finish it. Might keep it around as a change of pace game.

Have Borderlands coming in today so I'm sure that will take up much of my time. Still want to dl and play all the Fallout2 expansions. Pretty ashamed I haven't since I was the biggest Fallout3 pimp around here for about the last 2 years.

Picked up Force Unleashed on the cheap. Okay game - pretty much God of War in the Star Wars universe. I'm not a huge fan of the purely linear button mashers so we'll see if I ever finish it. Might keep it around as a change of pace game.
I actually loved this game, even though it didn't get great reviews. There's an enhanced version coming out in a couple weeks with extra levels and stuff for like $35. I sold my original version a couple months ago, but will be picking up the new version probably during the post-Christmas sales.The game gets sort of easy once you level up a bit and get completely badass with the Force, but I still enjoyed it. Lots of cool stuff you can do with your Force powers. I think I played through it twice. There are two separate endings, one of which might have been the most disturbing ending to a video game that I've ever seen.

I actually loved this game, even though it didn't get great reviews. There's an enhanced version coming out in a couple weeks with extra levels and stuff for like $35. I sold my original version a couple months ago, but will be picking up the new version probably during the post-Christmas sales.The game gets sort of easy once you level up a bit and get completely badass with the Force, but I still enjoyed it. Lots of cool stuff you can do with your Force powers. I think I played through it twice. There are two separate endings, one of which might have been the most disturbing ending to a video game that I've ever seen.
They do that with the Star Wars games where you can follow a light path or a dark path. Did you play Knights of the Old Republic? Going the dark way has some disturbing things towards the end.

Finally got the projector/sound system all set up in my newly done man cave so I've been able to squeeze a bit of gaming in when I'm not working 11-12 hours a day or taking care of my 9 month old.

Have Borderlands coming in today so I'm sure that will take up much of my time. Still want to dl and play all the Fallout2 expansions. Pretty ashamed I haven't since I was the biggest Fallout3 pimp around here for about the last 2 years.
I popped in Fallout this past weekend.

I actually loved this game, even though it didn't get great reviews. There's an enhanced version coming out in a couple weeks with extra levels and stuff for like $35. I sold my original version a couple months ago, but will be picking up the new version probably during the post-Christmas sales.The game gets sort of easy once you level up a bit and get completely badass with the Force, but I still enjoyed it. Lots of cool stuff you can do with your Force powers. I think I played through it twice.

There are two separate endings, one of which might have been the most disturbing ending to a video game that I've ever seen.
For the first time, I'm interested.

Finished Mirror's Edge today. I recommend it if you're looking for a fun game to occupy ~15 hours of single-player. I can't imagine I'll be replaying it, but it was good. I'll buy the sequel if they make one.

FIFA comes out tomorrow. I need to see what gets better reviews - PS3 or Xbox. I plan on picking it up on Friday, assuming I can find a non-reserved copy.

So at this point, for me, it looks like....

To play

Gears of War 1 - need to beat insane co-op

Gears of War 2 - need to beat insane co-op, co-op Road to Ruin, and AT LEAST get to level 50 (currently level 49)

FIFA - will play the #### out of this game, PS3 or Xbox, like I always do

Bioshock - Xbox - just started the game, about 45 minutes in, will play a bit

Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox - preordered it

Might buy

Wet - not sure PS3 or Xbox

MAG - PS3

Bioshock 2 - if Bioshock is as good as everyone says, I'll be getting this
Mirror's edge is awesome! Love that game. Campaign was fun (wish it was longer). Time trials are addicting.

Lots of talk about this in the Fallout3 thread. Tenpenny Tower is one place unless you bring that down too.

Lots of talk about this in the Fallout3 thread. Tenpenny Tower is one place unless you bring that down too.
Forgot to mention I took that out, but not before nuking Megaton.

Out with the old, in with the new. Current games:BorderlandsUncharted 2Demon's SoulsBatman: Arkham AssylumWii Sports ResortAlso have some RPG's for the DS that I've been making my way though, currently playing Final Fantasy III on that with Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger, and The World Ends With You on deck.
I'm usually a couple of months behind the latest/greatest, but if you look to unload the first 4 listed, down the road, plz hit me up!

Out with the old, in with the new. Current games:BorderlandsUncharted 2Demon's SoulsBatman: Arkham AssylumWii Sports ResortAlso have some RPG's for the DS that I've been making my way though, currently playing Final Fantasy III on that with Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger, and The World Ends With You on deck.
I'm usually a couple of months behind the latest/greatest, but if you look to unload the first 4 listed, down the road, plz hit me up!
I used the BOS Outcasts site for storage a bunch and never lost anything. I'd just leave it on the floor by the entrance.

I actually loved this game, even though it didn't get great reviews. There's an enhanced version coming out in a couple weeks with extra levels and stuff for like $35. I sold my original version a couple months ago, but will be picking up the new version probably during the post-Christmas sales.The game gets sort of easy once you level up a bit and get completely badass with the Force, but I still enjoyed it. Lots of cool stuff you can do with your Force powers. I think I played through it twice.

There are two separate endings, one of which might have been the most disturbing ending to a video game that I've ever seen.
They do that with the Star Wars games where you can follow a light path or a dark path. Did you play Knights of the Old Republic? Going the dark way has some disturbing things towards the end.
The Force Unleashed was the first Star Wars game I've played in at least 10 or 15 years.

I'm sure you can find a clip of just the ending if you're more interested in the story/ending than in playing the game itself.

From what I remember, you can dump stuff more or less in any container. With my evil character, I just got the apartment in Tenpenny Tower and used that.Edit: OK I see you took out Tenpenny also. I think you're just going to have to find a non-random location to house your stuff. Maybe one of the satellite installations? I'm no help whatsoever.

I'm sure you can find a clip of just the ending if you're more interested in the story/ending than in playing the game itself.
I thought the game was pretty cool, just heard it was very short and a lot of people said they were disappointed. Now that it's cheap, I'd like to give it a go.

I thought the game was pretty cool, just heard it was very short and a lot of people said they were disappointed. Now that it's cheap, I'd like to give it a go.
It's basically a hack n' slash, but the Force powers are pretty cool. It wasn't a particularly long game, but I didn't think it was all that short, either. The original version can already be had for around $15, and I'm sure that price will drop even further when the Sith Edition is released in a couple weeks.

In Fallout 3, I just used the Nuka Cola machine in front of the Mega Mart place right outside of Megaton as my "vault". no issues with losing anything.

I dusted off Saints Row 2 to finish it this week and I am super frustrated with the ending. I tried about 50 times on Tuesday and got so pissed off I nearly HEYKOOLAID'd my living room wall. Will try again one of these night.

In Fallout 3, I just used the Nuka Cola machine in front of the Mega Mart place right outside of Megaton as my "vault". no issues with losing anything.I dusted off Saints Row 2 to finish it this week and I am super frustrated with the ending. I tried about 50 times on Tuesday and got so pissed off I nearly HEYKOOLAID'd my living room wall. Will try again one of these night.
I'm borrowing that from a friend and I just can't get into it. Having played and finished GTA earlier in the year, I just can't bring myself to play it.I'm officially done with that genre. (affirmation baby)

awesome hands-on impressions of Assassin's Creed 2 went up on IGN last night. Apparently, its looking amazing.

awesome hands-on impressions of Assassin's Creed 2 went up on IGN last night. Apparently, its looking amazing.
Yet another game I have barely touched. :lmao: At least it was free with the yourfreexboxgames.com deal.

Yet another game I have barely touched. :angry: At least it was free with the yourfreexboxgames.com deal.
i wouldnt lose sleep over missing the first game. it was a decent experience that showed a lot of potential. but it was very repetitive. The 2nd one is looking better.

Yet another game I have barely touched. :angry: At least it was free with the yourfreexboxgames.com deal.
i wouldnt lose sleep over missing the first game. it was a decent experience that showed a lot of potential. but it was very repetitive. The 2nd one is looking better.
I should just bite the bullet and trade in a few games for some credit. No way I will ever get to them all. Assassin's Creed, R6:V1 or 2, GRAW 1 and 2, etc.

Assasin's Creed 1 sucked balls. The most disappointing game I have bought for the PS3 to date.
i wouldnt quite say that. Graphics and animations were awesome. The environments were really fantastic (albeit a bit drab in terms of color pallette) The AI and mission structure needed work.IMO, the series still has a ton of upside.

Assasin's Creed 1 sucked balls. The most disappointing game I have bought for the PS3 to date.
i wouldnt quite say that. Graphics and animations were awesome. The environments were really fantastic (albeit a bit drab in terms of color pallette) The AI and mission structure needed work.IMO, the series still has a ton of upside.
Graphics is no way shape or form make up for ultra-repetitive and unimaginative game play.

Yet another game I have barely touched. :( At least it was free with the yourfreexboxgames.com deal.
Assassin's Creed 1 is $5 on Steam right now. The PC version has much more to offer than the console version. Of course, it's pretty hefty on the system requirements.

Will do - I dump everything after I play it. Between that and using Goozex as a way to trade stuff for profit I've managed to keep my expenses pretty low this year. I get everything I want on release day and am still under $300 spent on games this year. :goodposting:

In Fallout 3, I just used the Nuka Cola machine in front of the Mega Mart place right outside of Megaton as my "vault". no issues with losing anything.I dusted off Saints Row 2 to finish it this week and I am super frustrated with the ending. I tried about 50 times on Tuesday and got so pissed off I nearly HEYKOOLAID'd my living room wall. Will try again one of these night.
I'm borrowing that from a friend and I just can't get into it. Having played and finished GTA earlier in the year, I just can't bring myself to play it.I'm officially done with that genre. (affirmation baby)
I like the SR franchise better than GTA, but playing both is probably overload. I tried to play GTA4 after a lot of time with SR2 and I just got bored with it about halfway through.

i just got "ghostbusters" for the Ps3 the other day. i've only put an hour or so into it. it's nicely done with the actors and look to it. i'm just not sure it's that much fun or with any staying power.

Graphics is no way shape or form make up for ultra-repetitive and unimaginative game play.
Yea, the repetitive gameplay was disappointing. But to me, the clunky controls were the biggest problem with that game. I hated that you had to "lock on" to something, or to hold a button to ride your horse a little slower. Or the way the buttons were mapped - even after hours of playing, it never become natural (like most games do). I had to constantly stop and think "ok, now I have to lock on to attack"... "now I have to hold this button to sneak", etc - it made playing the game feel like "work". I abandoned it about halfway through. This game would have been infinitely better with a little simplification in regards to the overall mechanics, etc.ETA - am playing Uncharted 2 now, and it's easily one of the best games to come out this year. Cannot recommend it enough.

Some of the assassination missions were entertaining, and it had what I thought was an engaging plot. The fact I got it for free from the free360games deal probably didn't hurt. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

I actually just completed Assassin's Creed two days ago. I wanted to play it before the 2nd one came out. The game was definitely repetitive but you didn't have to do every side mission. So all you really had to do was two investigations and then you were allowed to do the assassination. You can blow through the game quite quickly this way and get good experience out of it. As mentioned before the graphics are great and I personally found the stealth killing to be very satisfying, but the thing I was shocked with was how good the story was. They really allowed you to connect with the character and the morals of everything you were doing. I'm definitely looking forward to the second one now if only to see where the story is going.

Count me in the camp that enjoyed Assassins Creed. I didn't have trouble with the controls. Like everybody else, it became very repetitive, but I think they are going to really make some strides in that department next time around.

If you could somehow make a Elder Scrolls game, with the AC game engine, you would have the perfect game.

Picked up both

Brutal Legend.........fun, funny game...........I laughed out loud several times

Borderlands.........only played a few minutes, but this game is going too be awesome

Can't wait for 11/10/09

Picked up bothBrutal Legend.........fun, funny game...........I laughed out loud several timesBorderlands.........only played a few minutes, but this game is going too be awesomeCan't wait for 11/10/09
what comes out on 11/10?

Users who are viewing this thread