What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (14 Viewers)

So, go or no go on Dr. Foster?  I put it in my list based on some posts in this thread, but the premise is really not interesting to me so I have been reluctant to put any time into it.
I'm the one that got it started. Someone else here also liked it. It's only 5 episodes. Give it a whirl.

I really enjoyed it.

PS -- Don't call customer support about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, go or no go on Dr. Foster?  I put it in my list based on some posts in this thread, but the premise is really not interesting to me so I have been reluctant to put any time into it.
If you have five or six hours that are completely meaningless to you, that you are happy to excise completely from your life while trying to embody menopause... then yeah. Abso####inglutely.

Has anyone mentioned that Dark is amazing? Loving it. I’m dreading it ending and trying to find out what to watch next. 

Oh wait. What is that? Eight days away? Oh yes. The 100 season five b!tches!

Tried "Money Heist" after a few of you here talked it up. I couldn't even make it 10 minutes before switching off. It was complete crap. Like bad Guy Ritchie - who can set a bar pretty low - with it all. Wow.

Switched over to the very British and very geriatric "Last Tango in Halifax". Hard to believe it's the same team that does "Happy Valley". I'll give it room to grow because of the pedigree and its ambition is decidedly more measured.

It took me about 3 episodes to get totally into Peaky Blinders but I'm so glad I stayed with it.  I think adding the subtitles helped me get totally into the story but I am now. Just finished season 2 and although I didn't enjoy it as much as 1 it's very good. Sam Neil is a great villain but most all of the characters are extremely well done. Looking forward to season 3!

1000% go.  It's a welcome break from the typical "great story" "amazing characters" "incredible settings" "intense action" shows that are always touted ITT.  Plus it will help you get in touch with your feminine side and in this day and age, is that really a bad thing?

Floppo watches the 100, so how he gets off ragging on this show is beyond me.   :gang1:

Lost in Space is a pretty good watch....not excellent...but enjoyable. I would have enjoyed MUCH more had I not gone into watching it with the pre-knowledge of what I remembered from the 60's series that I grew up watching in syndication. I spent quite a bit of the watch trying to figure out how they were going to do this for Character X, Y, and Z INSTEAD OF just enjoying it as a series all on it's own. 
I started it last night. It’s passable; it obviously lacks the cheese of the original. The family has issues and is blended so you can relate to them. 

What got me about the original was the idea of Dr. Smith wanting to sabotage the Robinsons but is on the ship with them? :loco:  

You know, I hate when these streaming shows try to use sex and nudity to draw people in.  What ever happened to good, old fashioned, clean storytelling?
Years ago, my parents quit going to see regular movies and started going out to see kid movies. When asked mom as to why, she said, “they’re better”. :shrug:  

i can’t say as I blame her. 

I just watched the first episode and thought it was incredibly boring. It gets better?
I'm in the same boat as you. It's off to slow start, and I'm surprised how uninterested in the topic I am. But I'll give it another episode to see if it hooks me.

I finally finished Altered Carbon - after railing on it pretty bad.

It got better but I wouldn't say it was good. I won't be watching season 2.   Maybe I'm just dumb but it felt a little all over the place.

At least I got FULL ORTEGA
Yes, yes and yes.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Two *ok" episodes into least in space. But why is there swearing? Seems completely unnecessary and will make me not share with our 6yo

Two *ok" episodes into least in space. But why is there swearing? Seems completely unnecessary and will make me not share with our 6yo
Yeah I thought it was strange seeing it in the kids section listed as PG but have a curse (I thought I heard only one so far also two episodes in. 

I'm 3 episodes into Lost in Space. Not impressed, honestly find it pretty boring and haven't found any of the characters engaging. 

I find myself grabbing the IPad and surfing when I have it on, not consciously but just having a tough time maintaining any interest. I'll probably keep chipping away at it. Turned it off the other day and picked up where i left off with Colony.

I grew up watching the original as a kid and loved it ("Crush-kill-destroy"). But boring is boring (for me).

I'm in the same boat as you. It's off to slow start, and I'm surprised how uninterested in the topic I am. But I'll give it another episode to see if it hooks me.
I watched half of episode two and looked to see how much time was left. It was still 30 minutes. I gave up. Couldn't take it. I guess its just not for me.

Wife and I are on Better Call Saul season 3 on Netflix Instant.  I know I'm way late to the party but that is one series I don't see mentioned in here very often.  Not Breaking Bad good, but very very good.  The backstory of Mike and the cartel stuff is fascinating to me, and Odenkirk is amazing at being a complete #### and yet somehow making me root for him.

Wife and I are on Better Call Saul season 3 on Netflix Instant.  I know I'm way late to the party but that is one series I don't see mentioned in here very often.  Not Breaking Bad good, but very very good.  The backstory of Mike and the cartel stuff is fascinating to me, and Odenkirk is amazing at being a complete #### and yet somehow making me root for him.
I'm not so sure about that anymore. I think Gilligan & Gould learned a ton from Breaking Bad, which could get pretty loopy sometimes.

Saul, to me, is a tighter show and I think the cast/characters are more uniformly interesting.

Michael McKean's performance is as great an acting job as I've ever seen, in any medium, anywhere. 

Of course, we are talking (IMO) two pantheon shows of this century, so the differences in quality are in microscopic degrees.

Tried "Money Heist" after a few of you here talked it up. I couldn't even make it 10 minutes before switching off. It was complete crap. Like bad Guy Ritchie - who can set a bar pretty low - with it all. Wow.

Switched over to the very British and very geriatric "Last Tango in Halifax". Hard to believe it's the same team that does "Happy Valley". I'll give it room to grow because of the pedigree and its ambition is decidedly more measured.
At first I thought this said Monkey Heist....

Ranethe said:
I'm 3 episodes into Lost in Space. Not impressed, honestly find it pretty boring and haven't found any of the characters engaging. 

I find myself grabbing the IPad and surfing when I have it on, not consciously but just having a tough time maintaining any interest. I'll probably keep chipping away at it. Turned it off the other day and picked up where i left off with Colony.

I grew up watching the original as a kid and loved it ("Crush-kill-destroy"). But boring is boring (for me).
Opposite for me.

Finding it to be a good family watch. I'm enjoying it and so are my 9&12 year old kids.

I knew of the original but never knew anything about any of the story.

It took me about 3 episodes to get totally into Peaky Blinders but I'm so glad I stayed with it.  I think adding the subtitles helped me get totally into the story but I am now. Just finished season 2 and although I didn't enjoy it as much as 1 it's very good. Sam Neil is a great villain but most all of the characters are extremely well done. Looking forward to season 3!
I'm firing this up soon...hearing all positives.

You don't see it mentioned in here because every normal person is watching it live as it airs on AMC.

Just started watching "Wild Wild Country" about the Rajneesh movement - instantly hooked on this one.

:popcorn:
The wife and I started a few days ago, and despite the NBA and NHL playoffs and start of baseball season we've gotten through four of the six hourlong episodes already.  That's just about the highest praise I can give.  It's bananas.  Several times I've thought to myself "this can't get any crazier" only to see it get ten times crazier.

The wife and I started a few days ago, and despite the NBA and NHL playoffs and start of baseball season we've gotten through four of the six hourlong episodes already.  That's just about the highest praise I can give.  It's bananas.  Several times I've thought to myself "this can't get any crazier" only to see it get ten times crazier.
That's good to hear. We haven't started it yet but I was getting concerned with some recent negative reviews.

That's good to hear. We haven't started it yet but I was getting concerned with some recent negative reviews.
Obviously just my opinion and I'm a big documentary fan, but it's hard to imagine not liking it.  My wife doesn't share my love of docs any she's as into this series as I am.

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (extended version - which I didn't even know existed) available at Amazon prime. I have seen the "theatrical release" about 20 times but never realized there was an extended edition @ 2hrs, 58 mins

https://www.amazon.com/Good-Bad-Ugly-Eli-Wallach/dp/B0011XBLUS

here is the comparison between the two versions.

Interesting note...In 2002, the film was restored with the 14 minutes of scenes cut for US release re-inserted into the film. Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach were brought back in to dub their characters' lines more than 35 years after the film's original release. Voice actor Simon Prescott substituted for Lee Van Cleef who had died in 1989. Other voice actors filled in for actors who had since died.

On episode 10 of Money Heist.  It's cheesy but entertaining. 
My thoughts exactly.  It's a fun watch, not much more, but doesn't really try to be. Biggest flaw is that it really strains your suspension of disbelief, and it gets worse in that respect as it goes.

I don't get the Guy Ritchie comparison someone made, it's not really all that stylized.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
My thoughts exactly.  It's a fun watch, not much more, but doesn't really try to be. Biggest flaw is that it really strains your suspension of disbelief, and it gets worse in that respect as it goes.
Right.  It's almost Ocean's 11 on steroids mixed with Thomas Crown Affair and a touch of Run Lola Run. 

Users who are viewing this thread