What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

'Bogart said:
Watched "Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison"It's a fake documentary where a "special package" was sent to the film's production company. The package contains two cassettes from George taped right after he was attacked in his home. The idea is that Paul really was killed in 1966, MI5 and The Beatles covered it up, created a False Paul and carried on. And when John (in 1980) and George (in 1999) both wanted to come forward, MI5 went after them. I am sure that a hardcore Beatles fan will find a ton of holes in the "story" but I found it to be an entertaining way to explain all the album cover clues, song clues and other bits of Beatles trivia into one place.Not to be taken seriously at all.
I watched a bit of this and had to turn it off. Whoever made it didn't do even the most basic research and it drove me nuts. For example the accident supposedly occurred in November 1966 after Paul and John had an argument while recording a song for Rubber Soul. The problem is that Rubber Soul was recorded and released in 1965. This could have been cool had someone done it right. Unfortunately it was put together so haphazardly and the guy doing the George voice was so bad that I found it unwatchable.

Just watched DIEner, Black Snake Moan, and the first episode of Sons of Tucson. I am home sick.

DIEner was ok. Got worse at the end. It was entertaining until the last 15 minutes.

Black Snake Moan was also ok. I didn't really care about any of the characters, except for Samuel L.'s girlfriend at the end. Probably didn't help that I kept dozing off.

Sons of Tucson was pretty funny. Interesting concept. I'll keep watching.

I get a little nutty when I'm hooked on a certain period in history. Right now I can't get enough of 16th Century England. I watched Lady Jane with Helena Bonham Carter. Nothing special as a movie, but interesting story that seems to get overlooked.

I have watched these TV shows all the way through, on or off of Netflix, somehow:

Burn Notice

That 70s Show

The Office

Scrubs

NCIS

Dexter

Weeds

Any suggestions as to where I can go to now that I have finished Scrubs?

I have watched these TV shows all the way through, on or off of Netflix, somehow:Burn NoticeThat 70s ShowThe OfficeScrubsNCISDexterWeedsAny suggestions as to where I can go to now that I have finished Scrubs?
I'm gonna recommend Big Bang Theory. Great show.

I have watched these TV shows all the way through, on or off of Netflix, somehow:Burn NoticeThat 70s ShowThe OfficeScrubsNCISDexterWeedsAny suggestions as to where I can go to now that I have finished Scrubs?
Friday Night Lights Season 1 thru 4 all are good

Thanks yall.

I think I'll start with Ted and The League - except in HS I watched the League on FX when I could so I've seen a few. Parks and Rec looks funny as well. I've seen a lot of FNL, season 1, maybe 2 or 3, and then since Taylor went to East Dillon. Lots of hotness with the girls on that show.

Mad Men

Netflix will start airing Mad Men in July. The first 4 seasons. Never watched it. This will likely change that.
Awesome. This should coincide nicely with me finishing up Wire in the Blood and Rescue Me.As an aside, I used to love Rescue Me but missed too many episodes in the last couple years making it hard to keep up. I finally just gave up. Rewatching it from the beginning (the episode this morning was Tommy beating up Johnny at their dad's birthday) has made me re-appreciate how fantastic this show is. Also, I wish their were an easy way to find all the songs used in RM. Not a bad one in the bunch.

I watched Fargo the other night and thought it was very good.

Can someone explain why Jerry needed the money? I know he had GMAC on his back about fraudulent loans, but why did he need that money in the first place?

Awesome news about Mad Men, I highly recommend it. Sucks the 5th season is being pushed back to 2012 though. Hopefully this means other AMC series will follow suit, Breaking Bad & The Walking Dead are excellent.

Lots of new stuff this month. Just started watching "The League" Season 1 and Glee. :unsure:

I watched Fargo the other night and thought it was very good.

Can someone explain why Jerry needed the money? I know he had GMAC on his back about fraudulent loans, but why did he need that money in the first place?
He didn't need it. He wanted it. He was tired of being under his father in law's thumb and being mediocre.Jerry Lundegaard: [Jerry and Wade discuss business opportunity] This could work out real good for me and Jean and Scotty.

Wade Gustafson: [coldly] Jean and Scotty never have to worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, great news on Mad Men. We just started Season 2 on DVD. Will most likely wait on 3 & 4 for July. I agree, hope that Breaking Bad and Walking Dead follow suit.

Also, thanks for the heads up on Toy Story 3.

And FYI, the new show on Starz that starts this month: "Camelot" will be on netflix but will be delayed 90 days (so Julyish.) From the same people that did Spartacus so I've got high hopes.

XBOX finally crapped out with the RROD. Moving to the Roku for streaming purposes

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't watched anything from Jean-Pierre Jeunet, you are really missing out on a great filmmaker.

Delicatessen

Amelie

Micmacs

A Long Engagement

These are all worth at least one viewing.

twin peaks season 1 and 2 now on netflix instant steaming...
:excited: :headbang: If you're looking for a TV series, look no further. Season 1 is one of the best in television history. Season 2 was a serious letdown after the murder is solved. Seriously, check it out especially if you were a fan of shows like Lost or X-Files.The only thing missing from streaming is passing out to the sound of the buzzsaw on the title menu of the DVDs.

So much TV to watch, so little time.

I actually looked up the Twin Peaks synopsis the other day on a lark when "The Killing" started on AMC. I am dying to watch this show as I remember it being popular from 8th grade but I didn't watch it then.

Only halfway through Rescue Me, so I need to finish that.

Want to catch Wire In the Blood.

Need to watch all of Mad Men in sequence.

Thankfully, I watch Netflix all day while I'm at work so I can get a good 5 or 6 episodes per day in of each show.... :thumbup:

For those considering Roku vs BR player with streaming capabilities...

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but the quality of streaming vs an actual disc is horrible. I had my LG BD370 hardwired to the internet for the netflix streaming and 1) the audio is only 2 channel and 2) the picture quality is somewhere between VCR and DVD.
For #1 - yep, that's the case for everything. Audio is inferior to even DVD.For #2 - I've seen some things that I believe would make an upscaled DVD look good like you suggest, mostly kids stuff. As a whole the quality is typically around upscaled DVD though. There are some HD selections that look better than DVD, but they are very few and far between except for TV series stuff. And even the HD stuff isn't nearly as good as Blu Rays, not only because of gimped audio, but picture quality just isn't nearly as good.

Netflix streaming has its purpose, but anyone thinking this is going to replace Blu-Ray is misguided. It's just not going to happen.
Is this still the consensus? I have been using Netflix on my new tv for about two weeks, and I love it. My blu ray has crapped out so I am trying to decide on wifi blue ray w/netflix or Roku.

Netflix streaming has its purpose, but anyone thinking this is going to replace Blu-Ray is misguided. It's just not going to happen.
Is this still the consensus? I have been using Netflix on my new tv for about two weeks, and I love it. My blu ray has crapped out so I am trying to decide on wifi blue ray w/netflix or Roku.
I don't think so. I think BluRay has about a 3-5 year lifespan ahead of it.

'Abraham said:
So much TV to watch, so little time. I actually looked up the Twin Peaks synopsis the other day on a lark when "The Killing" started on AMC. I am dying to watch this show as I remember it being popular from 8th grade but I didn't watch it then.Only halfway through Rescue Me, so I need to finish that.Want to catch Wire In the Blood.Need to watch all of Mad Men in sequence.Thankfully, I watch Netflix all day while I'm at work so I can get a good 5 or 6 episodes per day in of each show.... :thumbup:
Security guard?

I'm gonna recommend Big Bang Theory. Great show.
Really enjoying 24. Just started season 2. Season 1 really kicked into high gear around mid season. Jack Bauer fan for life.

Not sure how new it is but watched the Louis CK comedy special and was in tears. Definitely recommend. Sorry forget the name of it off the top of my head.

hot tub time machine and grown ups available now.
thanks for nothing chumps. why didn't you warn me? i guess i had heard some negative reviews, but i thought that it just had to be good. a few good gags, but the breastfeeding thing wore on too long and there was no story or plot at all.
Worst movie I've seen in a while. Didn't even finish the last 30 mins. Brutal - I was embarrassed for all the comedians in this.

Users who are viewing this thread