What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

Midnight Sky: Very disappointing. Long, slow, boring, and pointless. Really wanted to like it. Just horrible. Decent special effects on the space ship. The entire film could hav been about the crew and their journey imo.

The series "Unbelievable" was was excellent if you're into true crime and investigations. Mind boggling how much randomness and luck can impact a criminal investigation. Warning: a particular heart wrenching thread runs through an already tough topic (rape).

Midnight Sky: Very disappointing. Long, slow, boring, and pointless. Really wanted to like it. Just horrible. Decent special effects on the space ship. The entire film could hav been about the crew and their journey imo.
We watched it last night. Seemed like the longest less than 2 hr movie ever.

chicago seven is really good and made me think a lot about how my own opinions on things have changed through the decades take that to the bank bromigos 

I know there's a thread for it, but I don't want to sully it with my continued thoughts after trying the Mandolorian again. We jumped to S2 to see if anything had changed...nope. the writing is still- and I assume intentionally at this ooint- written as though by a tween. A not very talented or interesting tween.

I know there's a thread for it, but I don't want to sully it with my continued thoughts after trying the Mandolorian again. We jumped to S2 to see if anything had changed...nope. the writing is still- and I assume intentionally at this ooint- written as though by a tween. A not very talented or interesting tween.
Maybe The Masked Dancer will be more up your alley 

I'm amazed how this character is not at all like Penny. I assumed that she was probably a terrible actress who's just herself on air. But she's a pleasant surprise. Not saying she's going to win an Oscar anytime soon, but a lot more there than I expected. I think she probably took the role to help "erase" Penny and kind of turn the page on that to move on. And I'd say she's taken a big step in that direction.
We just watched season one last week and liked it.  She is the Exec Producer and it was just renewed for a second season. Her acting is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would watch the Mando day and night before watching any of those dancing singing masked celebrity engagement dating housewife embarrassments.

But I've obviously touched a nerve. I think the better analogy to Mando would be iCarly.
People love them some Star Wars and Mandalorian.  

I mean, I get it. But it’s Star Wars. It has to appeal from age 8 to 80. I think the show is terrific fun and I love it but it’s know the writing is not The Queen’s Gambit. 

I mean, I get it. But it’s Star Wars. It has to appeal from age 8 to 80. I think the show is terrific fun and I love it but it’s know the writing is not The Queen’s Gambit. 
It's a show about zombies...it's ok if nothing makes sense.

It's a show about star wars universe...it's ok if your 9yo kid would be embarrassed for having written it.

I get that it doesn't have to be Nabokov. But good...good is all I'm looking for. SW has a pretty wide range of quality to cast the net over- ewok outtakes or young anakin shouldn't have been the bar to (still) be trying to reach for. I keep hoping for more than costumes and familiar places to be trotted out as entertainment.

I don't get this take. If you love the original three films then can't see why you wouldn't love the Mandalorian.

I don't get this take. If you love the original three films then can't see why you wouldn't love the Mandalorian.
To be fair the Mandalorian character is a pretty boring character. The homeruns of the series are the casting of the other characters. 

It's as if they took the worst of the writing from the first 6 (and there was some god-awful writing in those), made it even worse, and turned it into a TV show. 

I don't get the take that it's the same universe, so nothing apparently should matter.

It's as if they took the worst of the writing from the first 6 (and there was some god-awful writing in those), made it even worse, and turned it into a TV show. 

I don't get the take that it's the same universe, so nothing apparently should matter.
I have my share of very unpopular opinions too, so I’m not about to pile on the only other person to have watched Patriot. 

We just watched season one last week and liked it.  She is the Exec Producer and it was just renewed for a second season. Her acting is good.
Just finished this last night. She did do a good job. Pretty much in every scene of this so no place to hide. Definitely easy on the eyes as well.

She mentioned on the Conan podcast that she was happy to be a bit raunchy in the Harley Quinn role to distance herself from  Penny. Is the FA role in that direction too? I was also surprised to hear she has been working pretty regularly as an actress since she was 9. First big break was 8 Simple Rules.
She also was a main character the final season of Charmed in between 8 Simple Rules & Big Bang.  :bag:  

belljr said:
I really liked the snowpiercer movie....has anyone watched the tv show?
It’s pretty solid. I liked that they didn’t worry about the movie at all. No way you could turn it into a show without taking the setting from the movie and go from there.

Not going to win an Emmy but it’s definitely solid and I probably like it more than the movie.

I'm done subscribing to new streaming services.  It's getting to be as bad as cable.  Every network wants their own service and the small handful of good shows each one has are only on their particular streaming service.  Now we lost The Office on netflix so we can subscribe to NBC's ####ty new service?  Yeah no thanks NBC. 

I'm done subscribing to new streaming services.  It's getting to be as bad as cable.  Every network wants their own service and the small handful of good shows each one has are only on their particular streaming service.  Now we lost The Office on netflix so we can subscribe to NBC's ####ty new service?  Yeah no thanks NBC. 
May be wrong but pretty sure you can get the office for free on peacock. Pay for behind the scenes stuff. 

yeah, refuse to subscribe to another streaming service.  Disney/Prime/Netflix are enough.  Dropping Disney until new Star Wars content comes out. 

I rotate subscriptions.  Because I pay Amazon Prime annually, I always have their streaming catalog available for background noise, but the rest i take advantage of the month-to-month subscription model. I'd reactivated Netflix last week, was billed 17.00 (or whatever the top rate is), and then immediately cancenceled the subscription leaving me with a 30-day viewing window. Next month, I can do the same with HBO, Showtime, or Hulu (looking forward to reeling in four seasons of Fargo over the course of a month)

Wax on, wax off. 

It was destined to get like this. Comcast is expensive but their product is good, they make improvements quite often, I don’t have to mess with anything. Have to call them every couple years to get the price down.

I do add Netflix. Got Apple TV with purchase of a device. With all this I couldn’t possibly watch anymore TV.

Refuse to shell out anymore. Disney and Hulu have tempted me but I won’t get wrapped up in any more stuff.

It was destined to get like this. Comcast is expensive but their product is good, they make improvements quite often, I don’t have to mess with anything. Have to call them every couple years to get the price down.

I do add Netflix. Got Apple TV with purchase of a device. With all this I couldn’t possibly watch anymore TV.

Refuse to shell out anymore. Disney and Hulu have tempted me but I won’t get wrapped up in any more stuff.
When I logged into the peacock app it asked if I had Comcast, maybe check to see if you can get it free through them

When I logged into the peacock app it asked if I had Comcast, maybe check to see if you can get it free through them
Yup. I do get that as well. It was on my TV’s landing page (got a new one recently) so it must be from Comcast. I sound like a dude in these Progressive ads  :lmao:

I’m seriously just way too lazy to get all these channels a-la-carte, deal with figuring out live sports, DVR’s, monitoring them raising prices, etc

Hulu is the constant streaming service for me.  If you're ok with a few commercials (it's not as bad as TV), it's only $6 a month.  They have a lot of content, including movies, so that's the service I always have on.  Otherwise I like rotating subscriptions.  I just signed up for Disney for a month for the Mandalorian and to re-watch the movies I liked and then canceled.  It's going to be about a year until I sign up for them again.  I think I'm also going to cancel Netflix and sign up for Amazon soon.  I have a lot of things in my watch list for Netflix but I've either seen it or don't really want to so I feel like I'm out of content there.

I posted here the other day and not sure if it is still going on, you could buy all digital seasons of the office on VUDU for $20 (new VUDU user)

edit...it was $30 on iTunes 

yeah, refuse to subscribe to another streaming service.  Disney/Prime/Netflix are enough.  Dropping Disney until new Star Wars content comes out. 
We are still Dish customers which might put us in a different place then others.
The only Streaming we have are Amazon, which we got for Shipping, the ability to check out books, store photos and the Music streaming service is decent.. Videos are just a bonus as far as we are concerned.  We have T-Mobile so get Netflix for free. 

I assume those that have multiple streaming services are "cord cutters" i.e. no Cable/Dish/DirectTV as 2 is more then we need. :shrug:  

Watched the first episode of 30 Coins on HBO

Spanished HBO Europe show, supernatural churchy stuff.  Will keep watching

note: subtitles 

Hulu is the constant streaming service for me.  If you're ok with a few commercials (it's not as bad as TV), it's only $6 a month.  They have a lot of content, including movies, so that's the service I always have on.  Otherwise I like rotating subscriptions.  I just signed up for Disney for a month for the Mandalorian and to re-watch the movies I liked and then canceled.  It's going to be about a year until I sign up for them again.  I think I'm also going to cancel Netflix and sign up for Amazon soon.  I have a lot of things in my watch list for Netflix but I've either seen it or don't really want to so I feel like I'm out of content there.
Different strokes and all, but I can't remember the last time I used Hulu.   I think I mainly fire it up when Handmaid's Tale rolls around, but I think about the only thing I remember watching on there in in the last handful of months is a couple movies that showed up on lists - Palm Springs and something else   We are sharing this with somebody, and if I had to pay for Hulu I would drop it and probably just fire it up for a month when Handmaid's comes back.  

For us as a whole the streaming rankings in the house are:

1.  NF - my 2nd least favorite, but now that my wife is watching stuff like Lucifer and this is about the only thing the kids use (mostly the 6 year old for Storybots, Dinotrucks, etc.. ) 

2.  Prime -  Has a decent mix of movies, and 2 of my current favorite shows are on there in The Expanse and The Americans.   The kiddo watches some Thomas the Train and other stuff on here too.  

3.   HBO Max - as a whole package, it's probably my favorite.   good mix of movies with the TCM pairing and the shows are generally still better than the other streaming options.  

4.  Criterion Channel.  I love it, and I am watching more now but I am the only one to use this.  

5.  Hulu - never really used

We had Disney for about a month and that nobody was interested in at all.   If it was just me in the house, I would just use Prime, Max, and Criterion.   NF I would just probably fire up once a year to catch up on shows like Atypical, After Life, and Cobra Kai, but I typically don't have a big queue of stuff there and wouldn't miss it much.  

Same.  I sub to Netflix and Amazon but have no problem reaching out to quality pirate sites for the rest. 

I have no interest in Disney but have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and HBO Max. Probably watch Hulu the most but we watch a lot of old TV shows. Don't use Amazon too much but it comes with Prime. I wouldn't pay extra for it.

We subscribe to (deep breath)

Netflix 

you tube tv

prime (comes with it but still)

hulu

hbo Max 

peacock (I have no idea why??)

nhl tv 

Apple TV 

Disney plus 

espn plus (again no idea why, and I don’t have it bundled with the others)

I get to watch maybe 1.5 hours of tv a night so I have no idea why I’m doing this. Might cancel some today. 

We subscribe to (deep breath)

Netflix 

you tube tv

prime (comes with it but still)

hulu

hbo Max 

peacock (I have no idea why??)

nhl tv 

Apple TV 

Disney plus 

espn plus (again no idea why, and I don’t have it bundled with the others)

I get to watch maybe 1.5 hours of tv a night so I have no idea why I’m doing this. Might cancel some today. 
I have the bolded and also have Hulu Live. I get HBO Max and Prime for free so won’t ever cancel those and I think Netflix and Disney+ are holds as well. Apple TV was free and because this reminded me I just canceled the free subscription. Ted Lasso was the only thing I watched and while I had until February, I didn’t want to forget to cancel because no one uses it. I do like Hulu but it’s bundled with Live.

I don’t see myself adding anything else unless it’s free even with ads. The kids use the heck out of Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and even Prime (Blue Mountain State, their MS/HS/college boys). I’m probably the only one that really uses HBO but it’s free. It’s a little under $100 a month which is $50 a month less than Dish to be on all the TVs, plus a ton more content and able to use on all of our phones/other TVs since it’s easy to take a firestick anywhere. I’m sure my boys will be on my accounts for a long time as well so family wise it’ll be cheap. I think I’ll have to move off Hulu Live because they don’t let you have multiple “homes” after a month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread