Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

KCC

On 1/7/2021 at 11:11 PM, Scoresman said:

How in the hell did they NOT get Samuel L Jackson to host (History of Swearing)?

He was ####### busy.

On 2/14/2021 at 10:08 AM, Cheese and Crackers said:

Couple things on Hulu

"In and of Itself", hard to describe. A 90 minute show filmed in a small NYC theater, a one-man monologue with elements of magic.

Highly recommend 'In and of Itself'. Fantastic.

On 2/22/2021 at 5:13 PM, snogger said:

Agree on the laugh track, just a :loco: add..

These laugh tracks are on most of the Nickelodeon shows the kids will have on.  It makes the horrible shows even worse.  Cringe worthy.

In an attempt to steer them away from that crap (when covid hit a year ago we would watch an episode a day during lunch), we started with "Last Airbender" and now we're on "Wonder Years".  Both very good for you and kids (7 and 10 year olds).

On 3/2/2021 at 10:08 PM, jamny said:

I was a big fan of Get a Life and liked him on Letterman but I know (Chris Elliott's) not for everyone. Still, even he couldn't save the show for me.

He's so funny.  Same with Norm McDonald for me.  Enjoy both but get why some would hate them with a passion.  Classic Norm (on Conan)

On 3/10/2021 at 11:06 PM, bigbottom said:

Boss Level on Hulu is super fun. Yes, it’s a ripoff of Edge of Tomorrow (and every other Groundhog Day type movie), but it’s done really well as a hyper-violent video game-ish take on the genre. 

Thought I was over Groundhog Day type movies...then "Palm Springs" came out on Hulu (w/Adam Samberg).  So good.

On 3/11/2021 at 11:07 AM, phandango said:

Off topic, but Conan O'Brien's podcast (Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend) had Matthew Rhys on a few months ago. I loved The Americans, so I gave the interview a listen. Rhys is hilarious.

Rhys was very good in "Perry Mason".  Great show, looking forward to Season 2.

Edited by trader jake

4 minutes ago, trader jake said:

He was ####### busy.

Highly recommend 'In and of Itself'. Fantastic.

These laugh tracks are on most of the Nickelodeon shows the kids will have on.  It makes the horrible shows even worse.  Cringe worthy.

In an attempt to steer them away from that crap (when covid hit a year ago we would watch an episode a day during lunch), we started with "Last Airbender" and now we're on "Wonder Years".  Both very good for you and kids (7 and 10 year olds).

He's so funny.  Same with Norm McDonald for me.  Enjoy both but get why some would hate them with a passion.  Classic Norm (on Conan)

Thought I was over Groundhog Day type movies...then "Palm Springs" came out on Hulu (w/Adam Samberg).  So good.

Rhys was very good in "Perry Mason".  Great show, looking forward to Season 2.

Palm Springs was awesome and Boss Level was also solid in that genre. Heck, I liked Happy Death Day too.

1 hour ago, northern exposure said:

I have never been a big Catherine O'Hara fan and as a result I haven't seen more than 2-3 SC episodes.

All I can see when I watch Moira Rose is Kevin McAllister's mom doing an impression of Stifler's mom 

• Laughing 1

On 4/19/2021 at 10:32 PM, JB Breakfast Club said:

I am digging Invincible (Prime). Super hero animation.. get through the first 40 minutes of basic origin story story; then it takes off. Really good second episode. 

I can’t believe how impressive the cast list is for this show. Cant wait to start it 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TripItUp said:

This is the best new show going right now based on the first two episodes IMHO.

Good to know but I also might critique it more given I know the area and how "DELCONIANS" act at times. I know the director is from here but sometimes they take liberties. The Goldbergs for example the show is based on an area near me and they've taken a few liberties on the show for Hollywood effects I'm sure. 

On 4/24/2021 at 12:26 AM, DJackson10 said:

Mare of Easttown steaming on HBO Max was filmed in my County as well as the county next to it. The director of the show is from the area and the show is a fictional town based on it I have yet to watch it though

I just watched the first 2 episodes and it’s top notch acting with a solid story line so far.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

I just watched the first 2 episodes and it’s top notch acting with a solid story line so far.

Yeah I was more so saying being from the area I'm probably gonna be harder on my grading then some. And honestly if I don't see someone at a local Wawa eating a hoagie off a trash can with an ice tea I'm gonna be disappointed in the show because thats typical deco even from the Cops and EMTs. 

Tiger Woods Doc. (HBO Max)

Finally had the chance to watch this series.  I enjoyed it even though I found it to be somewhat depressing. It's interesting in hind sight watching clips of Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon mocking the story of all his mistresses during their monologue  and then consider the collateral damage of his family left behind by his behavior.  Very depressing.  There's a special place in hell for the media and paparazzi.

They used a lot of not so close people (family friends and high school mates) interviewed to tell his story,  I did think the spots with caddie Steve Williams and Nick Faldo added significantly more to the story.

Personally I'm pulling for him to tie Jack before it's all said and done.

Edited by On The Rocks
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, whoknew said:

Collateral - British cop drama starring Carey Mulligan on Netflix. Its only four episodes. I'm halfway through. I like it quite a bit so far. 

The Brits do police drama's really well.  And I've said it before they have really great strong women lead characters.  This show is no exception. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, On The Rocks said:

Tiger Woods Doc. (HBO)

Finally had the chance to watch this series.  I enjoyed it even though I found it to be somewhat depressing. It's interesting in hind sight watching clips of Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon mocking the story of all his mistresses during their monologue  and then consider the collateral damage of his family left behind by his behavior.  Very depressing.  There's a special place in hell for the media and paparazzi.

They used a lot of not so close people (family friends and high school mates) interviewed to tell his story,  I did think the spots with caddie Steve Williams and Nick Faldo added significantly more to the story.

HBO Max? This is my wheelhouse.

I watched Inside the NBA with 4 eps, and it was outstanding. Hilarious. My boys (13&11) watched it with me. They were rolling with the Shaq & Chuck episodes. And they don't really know who they are. It was great.

1 hour ago, Tony Jabroni said:

I watched Inside the NBA with 4 eps, and it was outstanding. Hilarious. My boys (13&11) watched it with me. They were rolling with the Shaq & Chuck episodes. And they don't really know who they are. It was great.

Yes, I saw that too.  Really fun watch.  Great background on all of their personalities. Enjoyed the sound clips from the production staff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, On The Rocks said:

Tiger Woods Doc. (HBO)

The media is how Princess Diana died. I'm sure if the world put in some laws protecting these celebs and big names we could hold the media accountable. There's numerous times where media has enabled behavior or egged certain people on for reaction to get a story as well. Always felt we needed to hold them a bit more accountable. 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2021 at 7:08 PM, mr. furley said:

Murder Mountain is about weed.

Sasquatch might also be about weed, but i thought it was about Sasquatch.

Yeah. The Sasquatch thing is related and the hook for the show, but not much more in the actual events.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

This was fantastic. If you enjoyed the Jordan doc last summer, this should be up your alley as well. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2021 at 8:10 AM, On The Rocks said:

Mum    (Streaming on Brit Box)

Very very funny.  It does take a handful of episodes to figure out exactly what you're watching, but through all three seasons (6E each), you find that each character is on their own journey.  Sometimes you want to laugh, sometimes you want to cry.  But overall, a hilarious show.

Yeah, this turned out to be great.  Such a perfect mix of comedy and heart.  

I'd definitely recommend the week trial of BritBox just to watch this show. My wife and I struggled between watching quickly and trying to make the 18 episodes last.  And you know there are really good characters when my wife says at the end, "Awww. I'm going to miss them."

Oh, and those grandparents were the best - they alone had me laughing out loud at least once or twice each episode.

Edited by jhib
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

The media is how Princess Diana died. I'm sure if the world put in some laws protecting these celebs and big names we could hold the media accountable. There's numerous times where media has enabled behavior or egged certain people on for reaction to get a story as well. Always felt we needed to hold them a bit more accountable. 

I don't think this is entirely true.

On 4/26/2021 at 8:28 PM, DJackson10 said:

Yeah I was more so saying being from the area I'm probably gonna be harder on my grading then some. And honestly if I don't see someone at a local Wawa eating a hoagie off a trash can with an ice tea I'm gonna be disappointed in the show because thats typical deco even from the Cops and EMTs. 

Are you from the area or something?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Are you from the area or something?

Literally live a township or so over from where this was filmed and can tell you most of the areas it was filmed 

8 hours ago, El Floppo said:

We started Shadows and Bone...I think. Fantasy. Isn't yet after two eps, but could be ok.

It wasn’t great but I enjoyed it. Hopefully, it continues. I assume it was based on books and there’s more material. Definitely a step up from stuff like Warrior Nun, which I liked, but isn’t an amazing story if you will.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, El Floppo said:

We started Shadows and Bone...I think. Fantasy. Isn't yet after two eps, but could be ok.

It definitely gets better after the first 2 episodes but has many plot holes.

• Like 1

I regret to inform all of you that I have been binge watching Hell’s Kitchen and there may be no way out of this rabbit hole for me. There’s like 18 horrible seasons to watch. 

GET OUT 

THE STEAK IS DYING 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3

1 hour ago, Capella said:

I regret to inform all of you that I have been binge watching Hell’s Kitchen and there may be no way out of this rabbit hole for me. There’s like 18 horrible seasons to watch. 

GET OUT 

THE STEAK IS DYING 

Bar Rescue is way better. 

Just started watching American Vandal from Netflix (I think). It's a parody of true crime shows. It's kind of simple funny and mindless entertainment. I recommend it, but don't expect anything other than what it is at face value. 

Edited by Osaurus

3 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Just started watching American Vandal from Netflix (I think). It's a parody of true crime shows. It's kind of simple funny and mindless entertainment. I recommend it, but don't expect anything other than what it is at face value. 

I thought it was brilliant satire. Loved it.

would highly recommend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Bar Rescue is way better. 

The arrogance of the Bar Rescue "host" and Chef Ramsay make both only watchable in small doses.

Bar Rescue imo is more comparable to Kitchen Nightmares than Hell's Kitchen.

Edited by northern exposure

2 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

For anyone with a preschooler, Bluey is pretty good. Australian import on Disney+. First thing my kid has watched in ages that actually isn’t all that unbearable for adults.

We were just talking about Phineas and Ferb in another thread.I'm sure you've seen it, but if not...

And I read that as "Blowey" at first and thought those Aussies are pretty progressive with their kids programming.

• Laughing 1

19 hours ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

When are we going to talk about the Invincible finale? 

Not for a while I hope. My oldest told me about the show and I watched the first episode. Damn, what a start. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 10:59 PM, El Floppo said:

Watched this with my teenage daughter this weekend - she is out hunting for the book trilogy now...

Mare of Easttown on HBO

Episode 3 is tonight and it's been pretty good so far.  Episode 1 was a little "meh" but mostly because like most first episodes, they need to introduce the characters and their background.  Not a whole lot of action.  But come episode 2...whoa nelly....action picks up like MOP's heart rate when he smells tunafish.

Check it out.  It's sort of like a True Detective with Kate Winslett, who seems to be doing a decent job with the Philly suburb accent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2021 at 9:59 PM, El Floppo said:

my lady and i like it a lot take that to the bank brohan

Edited by SWC

1 hour ago, CGRdrJoe said:

I just started loudermilk on Amazon prime starring Ron Livingston, this show is awesome 

3 episodes in and hooked, Peter Farrelly nailed this show. 

Sam Loudermilk is a rehab counselor who is an unfiltered jerk to his clients, his friends, and any random person he interacts with. A recovering alcoholic, Loudermilk is somewhat nicer to his best friend and (usually) sober sponsor, Ben Burns.

1 hour ago, Raging weasel said:

Finished up The Serpent on Netflix over the weekend. Pretty good period piece(mid 70s) about a serial killer I never heard of.

I finished that the other night, and I liked it. I'd never heard of the guy either, but he is probably infamous in South Asia, Paris, and some other countries.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, simey said:

I finished that the other night, and I liked it. I'd never heard of the guy either, but he is probably infamous in South Asia, Paris, and some other countries.

Thailand? :lol:

@El Floppo I know you said you had reasons not to watch, but, it's pretty good. 

• Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Thailand? :lol:

@El Floppo I know you said you had reasons not to watch, but, it's pretty good. 

I'm sure it's well done. Just have to get in the right headspace to sit through it.