What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

It's amazing to me how you feel like you have exhausted all good shows and then you learn of something like Mr. Inbetween that has three seasons and is fantastic.

Great recommendation team FFA!
I don't know if this was discussed here, but the guy who plays Ray,  Scott Ryan, is also the show's creator and writer.  

It has some great music too.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard about a reality show maybe? Documentary on a Hockey team called the Danbury Trashers? Heard it's unreal and really good.

Squid Game on Netflix was bad and good at the same time.
I enjoyed it, but hated the very ending (I mean the last 30 seconds). It felt like it was 100% about another season and completely ignore what he was originally doing. Unless he’s the Harrison Ford of Korea, you could easily do a second season without the decision at the end and have an entirely new cast. 

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
I enjoyed it, but hated the very ending (I mean the last 30 seconds). It felt like it was 100% about another season and completely ignore what he was originally doing. Unless he’s the Harrison Ford of Korea, you could easily do a second season without the decision at the end and have an entirely new cast. 
Will try not to give anything away.

Very cool idea for a show - so dark. The acting was brutal though.

I guess the winner can come back next year and try to stop the entire thing - much like the cop tried to do.

Definitely different than anything I’ve ever seen.

Confirmed last week by one the actors. New teaser is expected soon, but the season definitely won’t be until 2022 with the post production cgi they likely need.
On Netflix when you click on Stranger Things (as I said we are watching Season 3 currently) it says "It's Official- Stranger Things 4 will arrive in 2022!"

Will try not to give anything away.

Very cool idea for a show - so dark. The acting was brutal though.

I guess the winner can come back next year and try to stop the entire thing - much like the cop tried to do.

Definitely different than anything I’ve ever seen.
Agreed on what it would be next season. I just didn't like tthat he just disregarded the promise to family and others. Kind of invalidated everything they did.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
S2 of Love on the Spectrum is out!

Australian documentary show about...well, love on the spectrum.  Young autistic folk learning about dating. We fell in love with the show and the people in it, some of whom are back (Michael still needs his own show).

We watched the first half of the 1st ep of Squid Game (went to sleep- didnt' shut it down because we weren't interested).

I loved the betting for slaps bit on the subway platform. 

kinda interested to see where it goes, but not sure tbh.

yes. you're on the edge of your collective seats in anticipation of my decision, I'm sure.

El Floppo said:
We watched the first half of the 1st ep of Squid Game (went to sleep- didnt' shut it down because we weren't interested).

I loved the betting for slaps bit on the subway platform. 

kinda interested to see where it goes, but not sure tbh.

yes. you're on the edge of your collective seats in anticipation of my decision, I'm sure.
So uhhhh…the second half of the first ep picks up significantly. Lol. 

The first half was a snooze fest. Second half certainly was not. 

northern exposure said:
On Netflix when you click on Stranger Things (as I said we are watching Season 3 currently) it says "It's Official- Stranger Things 4 will arrive in 2022!"
Season 4 has to be the last season, right? With how long it’s taking to get this one out, the kids are definitely getting to the point where their age is no longer charming and the show is losing its appeal IMO.

Got through 2 episodes of Squid Game, and it's merely OK.    First 1/2 of EP1 was a bit of a snooze, then #### hit the fan - that was fun.  Then Ep2 was a snooze again.     

So I did a Showtime trial/subscription to finally watch Billions as it concludes. Any other shows/movies on there y'all would recommend? Not sure if I will stick around for the Dexter show as I really lost interest ~10 years ago after the great Lithgow season.

Got through 2 episodes of Squid Game, and it's merely OK.    First 1/2 of EP1 was a bit of a snooze, then #### hit the fan - that was fun.  Then Ep2 was a snooze again.     
On E9 of Squid Game. One of those series that I have trouble turning away from and in the end just feel like, meh.

brun said:
On E9 of Squid Game. One of those series that I have trouble turning away from and in the end just feel like, meh.
If you sort of like it, I’d recommend Alice in Borderland. Similar but just done so much better and while the acting in these is never Oscar worthy, it was also better.

If you sort of like it, I’d recommend Alice in Borderland. Similar but just done so much better and while the acting in these is never Oscar worthy, it was also better.
Ha! I was trying to tell my son about it but couldn't remember the title.

So I did a Showtime trial/subscription to finally watch Billions as it concludes. Any other shows/movies on there y'all would recommend? Not sure if I will stick around for the Dexter show as I really lost interest ~10 years ago after the great Lithgow season.

Penny Dreadful.

Not the single season sequel that was bizarre crap. The original was fantastic. Showtime does not typically do period pieces but this one was incredible. The casting was impeccable and the writing was very good. The last 2-3 episodes fall apart because the show was not meant to end when it did. But other than that, it's one of the best shows ( like Black Sails) that most people haven't seen.

Clickbait - I agree with others it got a little hokey and acting wasn't great, but I thought it was good enough and kept you guessing as a thriller.
Just finished Clickbait...I liked it!

They did a good job with each episode being centered on a different person but still keep the story moving. 

Watch it, people. 

On episode 4 of White Lotus (HBO) ...it's pretty good/funny.  First few episodes are slow but still kind of interesting...gets better from there.

Season 4 has to be the last season, right? With how long it’s taking to get this one out, the kids are definitely getting to the point where their age is no longer charming and the show is losing its appeal IMO.

Pre-pandemic it was supposed to end at 4, supposedly that is no longer the case. The two main guys that created it said all the delays from the pandemic allowed them to plan things out more than usual and they have more in mind now after season 4 but I don’t think there is anything official yet on anything beyond 4 from Netflix.

Edit: New teaser trailer is out for 4!

Ugh...the whole time watching the new season of Handmaid's Tale I thought it was the last. A good season, not great. They really should have wrapped it up. Not sure if I'll be back for another but probably will.

The first half of every squid game episode is dreadfully boring and then they turn the death gun up to 100 in the last 20 minutes. Weird show. 

huh. I'm not finding it boring at all- genuinely enjoying it.
I enjoyed it though I wish the acting was a tad better especially for some of the peripheral characters.  I do wonder how much of that is because of dubbing though.  As someone mentioned above,  the ending was too overt for a season 2.

Users who are viewing this thread