What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Leach (1 Viewer)

No, but he's going to be a hell of an offensive coordinator, starting next season.

I'm looking in Houston's direction.

I agree with MAC_32. I'd be surprised if he gets another college job. Colleg is all about recruiting and appealing to parents. He's kind of ruined that. But his talent in playcalling/offensive football can not be ignored. He'll be in the NFL next year.

Will he get hired to be an NFL HC? Probably not. But I think he'd do a fantastic job if he was so hired. One of the smartest minds in football.

I agree with MAC_32. I'd be surprised if he gets another college job. Colleg is all about recruiting and appealing to parents. He's kind of ruined that. But his talent in playcalling/offensive football can not be ignored. He'll be in the NFL next year.
well his lawyer claims its false and they have some proof.I don't believe him, most of all because how can they prove it, but it's worth waiting to see that.I don't imagine any NFL team would really be too concerned. An NFL player would either beat him up if he made them stand in a shed for hours post concussion or be in that shed smiling due to the lawsuit money coming his way. It's not happening in the NFL. I just can't see it.The general public might not understand well so he might have to be an NFL consultant (out of public spotlight) or maybe even something like a QB coach for a year. His offensive prowess surely makes him interesting to NFL teams. There's a number of teams that flat out bore me on offense and/or just call stupid plays from time to time. He could fine tune that and fix em'. I'm positive of that. As an OC or the coach of the offense, there's more issues that can come up like how he talks to players, will they respect him etc. Any X's O's thing though, it seems like he could do well.

I think he's a college head coach. He'll have to prove himself at a smaller school or as an OC somewhere but he'll eventually get another chance in a major conference. That spread is just made for the college game and I think he's smart enough to stay where he can be the most successful.

I think he's a college head coach. He'll have to prove himself at a smaller school or as an OC somewhere but he'll eventually get another chance in a major conference. That spread is just made for the college game and I think he's smart enough to stay where he can be the most successful.
Smaller than Tech? No way. More teams are using the spread in the NFL, including the most successful ones. We already know Leach can succeed despite talent disadvantages in college, so it would be easy for him to stay there. I think his unconventional uh, everything, would rub most NFL people the wrong way, so he may not get hired. But I think he could do a very good job if he was hired.

Smaller than Tech? No way. More teams are using the spread in the NFL, including the most successful ones. We already know Leach can succeed despite talent disadvantages in college, so it would be easy for him to stay there. I think his unconventional uh, everything, would rub most NFL people the wrong way, so he may not get hired. But I think he could do a very good job if he was hired.
1) By "smaller" I'm referring to going from a BCS conference to a non-BCS conference and/or from a recruiting hot bed to a non-football recruiting hot spot.2) I agree...he just doesn't seem like a great fit for an NFL organization. He's capable but I just don't think he wants to go that route.

No NFL team can use the O-line spreads that Leach uses. He might be as successful in the Pros but I highly doubt it.If some silly college would choose to give an idiot like Bobby Knight a chance then there is some college someplace that we give Leach a chance. (What school was that anyway?)I find the guy despicable but he will land on his feet. He will be a bit wobbly but he will be on his feet. He certainly will never get a contract like he was shooting for.

Texas Tech was the most fun team to watch in the nation. Where ever Leach goes i will become a fan of that team.

Texas Tech was the most fun team to watch in the nation. Where ever Leach goes i will become a fan of that team.
I am sitting here watching Dennis Erickson fail at ASU, bring him here and let him run that offense in the PAC 10. ASU cant keep up with Oregon and USC in scoring, maybe with that spread offense we would have a chance. Not to mention Stoopps at U of A is a defensive minded coach, so that yearly match-up would be fun to watch.

I am sitting here watching Dennis Erickson fail at ASU, bring him here and let him run that offense in the PAC 10. ASU cant keep up with Oregon and USC in scoring, maybe with that spread offense we would have a chance. Not to mention Stoopps at U of A is a defensive minded coach, so that yearly match-up would be fun to watch.
:goodposting: PAC-10 would be perfect for him.

Users who are viewing this thread