What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (5 Viewers)

'Maurile Tremblay said:
"I'm going to call the cops"? That was horrible.
Every part of that was poorly written. Has this guy slept through the entire apocalypse?!
:goodposting: Maybe eating wolf is equivalent to taking LSD and he thought he imagined everything.. hard to say as I've never had Wolf before. :unsure:
Thought that was a dog with a collar? :confused: Anyhoo, it was obvious that the guy was bat#### crazy. To me the only point of that scene was to show that Rick has now placed survival above old moral considerations, as exhibited by chucking the wounded but alive crazy guy out the door as a Zombie snack.
Ummm.. :mellow: didn't Michone shove a knife into the back of his head as he ran for the door?

We've got a new person on the scene with Michonne...screw that noise Rick...there's something over here you gotta see. I'm sure Carols old ### can't wait a moment...damn.
One of the group who was thought dead was found to be alive. That's a victory and I wouldn't consider that scene out of place at all.

'packersfan said:
'freakinback said:
'Jayrok said:
I don't have a problem with Merle calling her a farmer's daughter. He showed his racism (not that the farmer's daughter comment was racist) when he made the comment about T-dog, and then when he brought in the zombie to eat Glenn he said the zombie would be hungry again in an hour... a shot at Glenn being Asian. Racist, or at least stereotypical from Merle. So it could be that he just called her a farmer's daughter because she looked like one. He could have also called are the "girl next door", or something. I didn't think it took away from the scene.
Andrea said they were on a farm in 3-3. Merle was asking about Darryl.
Correct but that's a rather gigantic leap to assume some random chick just happens to be the daughter of the person who owned the farm.
Real? A gigantic leap. More-so than it being a racial slur.
I went back and read what I wrote above and feel the need to clarify. I never meant my comments to mean that I thought Merle used farmer's daughter as a racial slur. I guess I can see how it looks like that, though. That's certainly no racial slur, and now I understand Officer Pete's comment about women lined up at KFC. No, I meant the racial slur was for T-dog and the stereotype comment was for Glenn. With Maggie, I saw Merle just calling her farmer's daughter to get to Glenn. Meaning, she is innocent (or naive) and if he (Merle) has to go talk to her it could get rough, which is something Glenn would not want. He could have easily said "sweet britches" or something like that and it would be in Merle's character, IMO. He may or may not have known she was an actual daughter of a farmer. Either way, I didn't think it hurt the scene or should cause anyone to question the writing.

We've got a new person on the scene with Michonne...screw that noise Rick...there's something over here you gotta see. I'm sure Carols old ### can't wait a moment...damn.
One of the group who was thought dead was found to be alive. That's a victory and I wouldn't consider that scene out of place at all.
Priorities...unless Carol is in trouble...it can wait a moment. We've got a situation here with this new person. I know it's small but I just don't think I'd interrupt this to say withered up Carol is here.

Priorities...unless Carol is in trouble...it can wait a moment. We've got a situation here with this new person. I know it's small but I just don't think I'd interrupt this to say withered up Carol is here.
I disagree. Keeping everyone alive is the No. 1 priority and they just found someone they thought was dead. You may not care about Carol but the group does. I had no problems with that at all.

I disagree. Keeping everyone alive is the No. 1 priority and they just found someone they thought was dead. You may not care about Carol but the group does. I had no problems with that at all.
Guess its just me. Carol can wait a moment for a hug while I work on this new threat.

Guess its just me. Carol can wait a moment for a hug while I work on this new threat.
Maybe it was also Daryl's attempt to try and help Rick regain his humanity. Perhaps he thought Rick needed to see Carol given all he's been through.

'Maurile Tremblay said:
Every part of that was poorly written. Has this guy slept through the entire apocalypse?!
:goodposting: Maybe eating wolf is equivalent to taking LSD and he thought he imagined everything.. hard to say as I've never had Wolf before. :unsure:
Thought that was a dog with a collar? :confused: Anyhoo, it was obvious that the guy was bat#### crazy. To me the only point of that scene was to show that Rick has now placed survival above old moral considerations, as exhibited by chucking the wounded but alive crazy guy out the door as a Zombie snack.
Ummm.. :mellow: didn't Michone shove a knife into the back of his head as he ran for the door?
no

'Maurile Tremblay said:
OK, re-watched the scene.. It is a dog as Carl says "I guess Lassie went home".. Michone shoves her sword through the back of the "hermit" near his heart with a :shrug:

After Carl says "Remember the Alamo" Rick says "He's dead, check the back"..

So hermit guy was dead before they tossed him out the front door.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Maurile Tremblay said:
OK, re-watched the scene.. It is a dog as Carl says "I guess Lassie went home".. Michone shoves her sword through the back of the "hermit" near his heart with a :shrug:

After Daryl says "Remember the Alamo" Rick says "He's dead, check the back"..

Fixed.

'Maurile Tremblay said:
no
Michonne put her sword through his chest from behind. I don't think he was recovering from that.

Thought that was a dog with a collar? :confused:

Anyhoo, it was obvious that the guy was bat#### crazy. To me the only point of that scene was to show that Rick has now placed survival above old moral considerations, as exhibited by chucking the wounded but alive crazy guy out the door as a Zombie snack.
no
I'm no doctor, but I strongly suspect that a katana through the heart will kill you just about as quickly.

I know some here don't like Michonne and I don't think they've done a real good job of developing her to this point but I do love how bad-a** she is. She didn't hesitate to off the hermit. He moved toward the door and she took him out. I also loved the zombie slay scene when she was still in Woodbury.

I happened to watch Love, Actually this weekend, and I can't imagine two more different characters than the role Andrew Lincoln plays in Love, Actually and Rick Grimes. To his credit, it is almost like two different actors are playing those roles.

I happened to watch Love, Actually this weekend, and I can't imagine two more different characters than the role Andrew Lincoln plays in Love, Actually and Rick Grimes. To his credit, it is almost like two different actors are playing those roles.
I agree. That's one of my favorite movies and that's my favorite character in the film. He's really good in the role.

There were a number of moments in this episode that had me wondering what?! Rick's use of force there was so dumb and misplaced. Hermit wanting to call the cops or run out to the zombies. Glenn calling her the farmers daughter. This doc not realizing this zombie will bite him. We've got a new person on the scene with Michonne...screw that noise Rick...there's something over here you gotta see. I'm sure Carols old ### can't wait a moment...damn.

Just an odd hodgepodge of things that made no sense.
The part about the doc is pretty easily explained. They were trying to show how isolated and sheltered the community of Woodberry has become (or always was.) The doc had never watched someone turn implies he has been pretty sheltered throughout this experience - it's been over a year, or there-a-bouts now right? Add to that the idea that we as the audience know about the General's daughter, makes it pretty clear that he is trying to find some way to either cure the walkers or bring them back to some semblance of their old self.

Thought that was a dog with a collar? :confused:

Anyhoo, it was obvious that the guy was bat#### crazy. To me the only point of that scene was to show that Rick has now placed survival above old moral considerations, as exhibited by chucking the wounded but alive crazy guy out the door as a Zombie snack.
no
I'm no doctor, but I strongly suspect that a katana through the heart will kill you just about as quickly.
Ok but is the dudes heart in his head?

'Maurile Tremblay said:

carl? You're not too good at paying attention to details hmm?

'Maurile Tremblay said:

Daryl made the Lassie comment.

'Maurile Tremblay said:

Yeah, Carl wasn't even there. He was back at the prison. Remember the scene, Rick telling Carl to keep his sister safe and to keep things locked up to protect the group.

kindof a weird episode

not sure I understand the reluctance of giving up the prison. Glenn and Maggie wouldnt know they were bad and plus you would think Darryl could control Merle to a degree.

who wears thongs in a zombie apocalypse? Not sure and I dont really care she is hot.
Except for the fact the Merle kidnapped them and they were tied up in separate rooms to be interrogated.

'Raider Nation said:
'packersfan said:
'Raider Nation said:
Was it implied that the slimeball raped Maggie? Or at least fired one off onto her back?
He stopped short of assaulting her. Just didn't give her back her shirt before taking her to Glenn.
Can't blame him there.That scene had me wishing that this show was on Cinemax.
Might have been the most unrealistic scene in the series...and that includes the ones where T-Dog talked.

More topless Maggie, please.
Mmmmm you got that right. Damn!
Watching this last night what went through my mind was "bet the FBG pervs are posting about this right now".
Half naked chick and you're thinking about what a bunch of dudes are posting about it on FBG? What ran through my mind was I wish she'd move her hands.
That was just one of the things that went through my mind.

Question about Michonne...has she not put 2 and 2 together that this is Andrea's group? I don't understand how she could have spent so much time with Andrea and not learned about these people.

Question about Michonne...has she not put 2 and 2 together that this is Andrea's group? I don't understand how she could have spent so much time with Andrea and not learned about these people.
And I was wondering why she didn't bother to tell them about Merle, since he made it abundantly clear that he knew Glenn.

kindof a weird episode

not sure I understand the reluctance of giving up the prison. Glenn and Maggie wouldnt know they were bad and plus you would think Darryl could control Merle to a degree.

who wears thongs in a zombie apocalypse? Not sure and I dont really care she is hot.
Except for the fact the Merle kidnapped them and they were tied up in separate rooms to be interrogated.
I don't think Daryl can control Merle. I think Merle tries to get Daryl to join him and ditch everyone. Merle will want to leave because the Governor is suspicious where his loyalties are. Daryl might convince Merle to join Rick's group for a bit but that can't end well since Merle doesn't play well with others.

And I was wondering why she didn't bother to tell them about Merle, since he made it abundantly clear that he knew Glenn.
It's not always the case that the enemy of your enemy is your friend. Could be just another enemy.

Really terrible writing lately.

It's not always the case that the enemy of your enemy is your friend. Could be just another enemy.
It never hurts to make people think you hate their enemy.

She's going with them to attack the guarded and armed compound. Pretty sure full disclosure on this point would be advised no matter your strategic perspective.

'Maurile Tremblay said:
OK, re-watched the scene.. It is a dog as Carl says "I guess Lassie went home"..

Michone shoves her sword through the back of the "hermit" near his heart with a :shrug:

After Daryl says "Remember the Alamo" Rick says "He's dead, check the back"..

Fixed.
:bag: no idea why I typed Carl.. I just finished watching the clip and know it was Daryl.. that is what I get for trying to watch a clip, type a response, and answer a User question at the same time :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread