What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Has anyone read past the first sixty issues? I had downloaded up to that but I haven't looked too hard for more. I really really liked it. Very gory, very deadly. The show is going to rock. I think it's awesome they're bringing zombies to cable. Totally sweet.

Has anyone read past the first sixty issues? I had downloaded up to that but I haven't looked too hard for more. I really really liked it. Very gory, very deadly. The show is going to rock. I think it's awesome they're bringing zombies to cable. Totally sweet.
Yes. Through TPB12, Issue 72.The current arc which cliffhangs at the end of 72 is potentially a game changer. Not sure how spoilerish you intend this to get...

Last edited by a moderator:
IGN with an early review of the pilot episode. :cry:

May contain SPOILERS, click at your own risk.
Blocked at work, can you cut and paste?
*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***
");document.close();
You jerk.Plus you didn't even put the score at the bottom.Psh, the score is BS, should be higher.

On Demand has some freebies right now like the Comic Con interviews, trailers, and Days Gone Bye, an animated short of it.

Not sure why some people are complaining the "waking up disoriented in a hospital bed" was done before with 28 Days Later. Seems like its been a staple in end of the world type works. Just off the top of my head "Resident Evil" and of course "The Stand" also come to mind and I'm sure there must be others.

What's the best way to get the comics? I checked the local library website and seems like they don't have anything.

The "ComicX" App on the iPhone was cool but $2 per comic is too much.

Thinking of buying the collections / compendiums used off of eBay, which format is best? or is there a better way to go?

TIA

What's the best way to get the comics? I checked the local library website and seems like they don't have anything.The "ComicX" App on the iPhone was cool but $2 per comic is too much.Thinking of buying the collections / compendiums used off of eBay, which format is best? or is there a better way to go?TIA
I downloaded 1-68 via torrents. Using the program ComicRack to read them.

Lehigh98 said:
Not sure why some people are complaining the "waking up disoriented in a hospital bed" was done before with 28 Days Later. Seems like its been a staple in end of the world type works. Just off the top of my head "Resident Evil" and of course "The Stand" also come to mind and I'm sure there must be others.
The movie "The Quiet Earth" had someone survive the apocolypse because he was in a coma when it happened.

Lehigh98 said:
The movie "The Quiet Earth" had someone survive the apocolypse because he was in a coma when it happened.
The book "Day of the Triffids", written in the 50's I believe, had the main character able to keep his sight because he was in the hospital recovering from an eye injury when a meteor shower made nearly the whole world blind.Another DVR alert, found this when reading a review for 'The Walking Dead'- another zombie flick/show called 'Dead Set' will run on IFC from Oct 25-29 at midnite.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405..._editorsPicks_5

"Dead Set" is less remarkable, because this import from the U.K. is more typical of the genre and gets campy, although it will scare the bejeebers out of you. Once again, zombies are on the rampage, and one band of survivors includes the contestants holed up on the set of Britain's "Big Brother" reality show. This being Britain, one of the problems they face is a lack of effective weapons. In the end the basic survival message is the same for the U.K. as it is for America: Get a gun.
The review is worth a read.

"Dead Set" is less remarkable, because this import from the U.K. is more typical of the genre and gets campy, although it will scare the bejeebers out of you. Once again, zombies are on the rampage, and one band of survivors includes the contestants holed up on the set of Britain's "Big Brother" reality show. This being Britain, one of the problems they face is a lack of effective weapons. In the end the basic survival message is the same for the U.K. as it is for America: Get a gun.
This is why gun control can put you at a disadvantage.

Yes. Through TPB12, Issue 72.The current arc which cliffhangs at the end of 72 is potentially a game changer. Not sure how spoilerish you intend this to get...
I was just wondering if it had stayed good or gotten worse. I'll probably look for the rest here before the season starts.

This is why gun control can put you at a disadvantage.
Eh wasn't bad. The Big Brother schtick was kinda corny, but everything else was fairly solid. 28 Days Later zombies here. Fast and in extremely foul moods.

Stands to reason that if the Zombie Apocolypse happens, there will be a number of people laying in the hospital in comas, ICU etc.

Stands to reason that if the Zombie Apocolypse happens, there will be a number of people laying in the hospital in comas, ICU etc.
But those people would never survive the initial breakout. According to The Zombie Survival Guide, hospitals are ground zero for any zombie apocalypse. Anybody in an ICU or coma would be zombie food very early on.

But those people would never survive the initial breakout. According to The Zombie Survival Guide, hospitals are ground zero for any zombie apocalypse. Anybody in an ICU or coma would be zombie food very early on.
not if their door is closed everyone knows zombies aren't very bright

It was really good! Couldn't wait until Sunday night to watch. I really hope it stays this quality all the way through. The characters, the acting, the plot, everything was spot on imho.

:thumbup:

Just got done watching this(what can I say, it's slow at work today)Typical Zombie flick...........think 28 days later with more survivors.

I'll DVR this and watch
Finally watched it last night and the pilot was a direct ripoff of 28DL, but it has potential. I forget the black guy's name on the show, but I was a big fan of his pimp character on season 2 of Hung so I was happy to see him in this.

RhymesMcJuice said:
Just got done watching this(what can I say, it's slow at work today)Typical Zombie flick...........think 28 days later with more survivors.

I'll DVR this and watch
Finally watched it last night and the pilot was a direct ripoff of 28DL, but it has potential. I forget the black guy's name on the show, but I was a big fan of his pimp character on season 2 of Hung so I was happy to see him in this.
Memo to all you guys saying this is a copycat version of Alex Garland's 28 Days Later.

FACT:

The Walking Dead is a black and white comic book written by Rob Kirkman, he had written it in 1999, it was never published until 2003. 28 Days Later came out November 1, 2002. The only similarities I see between TWD and 28 is the hospital scene.

RhymesMcJuice said:
Has anyone watched this?

I'll DVR this and watch
Memo to all you guys saying this is a copycat version of Alex Garland's 28 Days Later.

FACT:

The Walking Dead is a black and white comic book written by Rob Kirkman, he had written it in 1999, it was never published until 2003. 28 Days Later came out November 1, 2002. The only similarities I see between TWD and 28 is the hospital scene.
That came off as disparaging but all I really meant was that the scene was nearly the same as 28DL. It wouldn't surprise me if Garland got the idea from the comic book.

The book "Day of the Triffids", written in the 50's I believe, had the main character able to keep his sight because he was in the hospital recovering from an eye injury when a meteor shower made nearly the whole world blind.Another DVR alert, found this when reading a review for 'The Walking Dead'- another zombie flick/show called 'Dead Set' will run on IFC from Oct 25-29 at midnite.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405..._editorsPicks_5

The review is worth a read.
There is a marathon of the "Dead Set" series on IFC right now. Nice warm-up to the Walking Dead i hope

Users who are viewing this thread