What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (4 Viewers)

As I mentioned back a few pages..... seems the guy that got chocked out in front of Rick does remember Ricks face, so I don't expect a "AHA" moment of a tennis ball bouncing and rick remembering that from the house..

Will be interesting if Rick recognizes the choked guy first or vice verse and the ensuing battle. :popcorn:
I tried to hear what the leader of that group said to Darryl when they were talking about whether the person (Rick) in the house could be recognized but couldn't understand what he said. Also, I missed part of Glenn and Maggie's conversation. Did she explain how the hell she got through the tunnel?
If I remember right, the choked out guy does remember what Rick looks like, and the group is tracking Rick to Terminus right now for some retribution
Seems kind of thin. He saw the top of part of Rick's face while being choked the #### out. He's not really going to recognize Rick. I mean, the writers might say he does, but it's dumb.
Told you this when it happened. Horribly written plot device with those guys. There's so many ways to make that more plausible but the writers are basically filling in mad libs at this point.
Why is it so difficult to believe that he would remember Ricks face???????
Because he was losing consciousness? He saw some dude's face for 5 seconds who was under a dark bed while being strangled. Not exactly the most reliable eye witness in the world.
If it was that short( 5 seconds) then I'd agree with you.. :hifive: But they made a point to make the choke out last close to a minute.. It wasn't like he fell to the floor, glanced at Rick and then was unconscious.

They had a good long :eek: stare down... long enough, IMO, for the face to be recognizable at a later time. :shrug:
Also, I think you havw to keep in mind that he's not picking Rick out from a crowd. The planet (at least the Atlanta area) is sparsely populated at this point. Thin, brown hair, beard, cut up face should suffice for him to identify Rick.

Normally, the actual discussion of the show lasts until sometime around Tuesday mid-day, then the #####ing about the realism of a zombie apocalypse begins.

I see we started early this week.
I thought it was a crappy episode fueled by the stupidity of Glenn, who had been smart up to that point. "Hey let me walk down this walker-infested tunnel with a gimpy lesbo. Nothing could go wrong here. Oh, good thing Abraham's group met up with Maggie's group at the exact right time and were able to get to Glenn and the gimp just in time".

I've said before I don't mind them getting into bad situations, it would be boring if they were some elite unit that never made a mistake and were holed up in a cave somewhere miles from the nearest walker. But it gets on my nerves when the writers have them act stupid just so they can get put into an action scene.
Chasing the P will make a man do stupid things.

Normally, the actual discussion of the show lasts until sometime around Tuesday mid-day, then the #####ing about the realism of a zombie apocalypse begins.

I thought it was a crappy episode fueled by the stupidity of Glenn, who had been smart up to that point. "Hey let me walk down this walker-infested tunnel with a gimpy lesbo. Nothing could go wrong here. Oh, good thing Abraham's group met up with Maggie's group at the exact right time and were able to get to Glenn and the gimp just in time".

I've said before I don't mind them getting into bad situations, it would be boring if they were some elite unit that never made a mistake and were holed up in a cave somewhere miles from the nearest walker. But it gets on my nerves when the writers have them act stupid just so they can get put into an action scene.
He had Tara right there. She was willing to do ANYTHING to make it up to Glenn. ANYTHING.

I agree that realistically, no way that guy would be able to recognize Rick, after only seeing him through about a 4-inch space as he lost consciousness. But I think that is definitely going to be the story we are force fed on this one. As long as they make it entertaining, I'll be alright with letting that slide.

also... :claim: Beth

He had Tara right there. She was willing to do ANYTHING to make it up to Glenn. ANYTHING.
I would have taken her up on it for sure. She certainly wanted nothing to do with the mullet though.

ever heard the lyrics.. "I'd do anything for love, but I won't do THAT" ...

Thinking that's Tara's motto ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that realistically, no way that guy would be able to recognize Rick, after only seeing him through about a 4-inch space as he lost consciousness. But I think that is definitely going to be the story we are force fed on this one. As long as they make it entertaining, I'll be alright with letting that slide.

I claim the hot latino!

I claim the hot latino!
too late, but Carol is available!

I claim the hot latino!
That's why I don't buy into they cannibalize Beth. You don't kill and eat hot young girls when the pickings are this slim.

It's going to take a day to walk through this dark tunnel of undead with this injured chick.

Cool, go ahead. We'll just drive around and meet you. Have fun!

For those who thought it was a hearse: the car had a trunk. Hearses don't have trunks. If they did, the bodies would either have to be put in the trunk (too mafioso) or be propped up in the back seat a la "Weekend at Bernies". That would get old really quick.

So the rocks happened to exactly fall on every zombie (remember, glenn didn't see any additional "kills') and pretty much as soon as they leave, a second, unrelated zombie horde goes in?
wow
The zombies are a sneaky bunch. The 2nd horde was directly related. They were standing guard outside the tunnel and when the tunnel caved in, they went to investigate. Because they were outside in the sun, when they walked inside the tunnel in the dark, they couldn't focus. What happens when you walk into a dark room from a lit one? You can't see until your eyes adjust. The eyes of those already inside have focused and can see better in the dark. That was Maggie & Co. They ran right past the zombie guards.

Some of you guys really need to get with the program. So obvious.

I think this season has generally been really poor. I have tossed it into my "programs to watch while I'm multi-tasking" bin. I think there is enough momentum here that they can overcome a poor season though. Hopefully, the next one improves.

I wonder what it would be like to bang a zombie.
Was thinking the same thing when they came across the zombie in the van that they ended up stealing. I looked at the wife and said, "are we to believe that she was in that van for like 2 years now"?

Also, did she just die in the van?

Raider Nation said:
It's going to take a day to walk through this dark tunnel of undead with this injured chick.

Cool, go ahead. We'll just drive around and meet you. Have fun!
It's a show about zombies. I suspend disbelief on all fronts.
but again, even these types of shows have basic rules and beliefs. With this one they are constantly changing without any explanation.

I claim the hot latino!
Did they claim her or just say dibs?

If so maybe I'll take Carol. A little crazy can be a good thing. And she was kinda hot back in the day.

Think I'd have to go for Sasha though. She cleaned up really nice on TD.

Was thinking the same thing when they came across the zombie in the van that they ended up stealing. I looked at the wife and said, "are we to believe that she was in that van for like 2 years now"?

Sure. She got bit, tried to drive away. Pulled over sick, died, turned.
I think the writing on the window of the van said something like "let Mommie be".. :oldunsure:

was hard to read it in reverse before Abraham wiped it clean with the wipers.

I claim the hot latino!

If so maybe I'll take Carol. A little crazy can be a good thing. And she was kinda hot back in the day.

yep someone :claimed:

oooh, but good call on Sasha!

So what is it about biting that turns you into a zombie? Is the saliva poisonous? The whole "biting" thing just seems dumb. This is where I lost belief in the writer's ability to formulate a believable show.

I think the writing on the window of the van said something like "let Mommie be".. :oldunsure:

And she's been in there for like 2 years just sitting there?

I claim the hot latino!

yep someone :claimed:

oooh, but good call on Sasha!
claimed! :wub: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQ0MTA0MTg3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM2MTcxNQ@@._V1._CR1397,250.06666564941406,1531,1903.999984741211__SX640_SY720_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Why 2 years? Could've been 2 months just as easily.

So what is it about biting that turns you into a zombie? Is the saliva poisonous? The whole "biting" thing just seems dumb. This is where I lost belief in the writer's ability to formulate a believable show.
Everybody that dies turns into a zombie.

A zombie bite causes a horrific infection that kills you within a short period of time... couple of hours to a day or so.

Was thinking the same thing when they came across the zombie in the van that they ended up stealing. I looked at the wife and said, "are we to believe that she was in that van for like 2 years now"?Also, did she just die in the van?
I think the writing on the window of the van said something like "let Mommie be".. :oldunsure: was hard to read it in reverse before Abraham wiped it clean with the wipers.
How do we know she's been there 2 years? I realize that's roughly the timeline since the outbreak, but how do we know she was bitten during the original overtaking?

You can get scratched, too, right?
Can you? I don't know. I've never heard that theory. Also, if you remove the lower jaw, but bump into their teeth and they break skin, does that count as getting bit?

Is it a 2 hour finale? Looking at the trailer for next week and the different trailer from New Zealand it looks like a LOT is going to happen in a hour.

A zombie bite causes a horrific infection that kills you within a short period of time... couple of hours to a day or so.
An infection that kills you quickly? Sounds a little far fetched.

Probably want to avoid oral
it probably wouldn't be too bad if he just used some noseplugs before diving in
I'd be afraid of some labia just falling off
Ugh. What if you accidentally swallowed it?
You'd probably get sick and die and turn into a zombie yourself.

Probably want to avoid oral
it probably wouldn't be too bad if he just used some noseplugs before diving in
I'd be afraid of some labia just falling off
Ugh. What if you accidentally swallowed it?
You'd probably get sick and die and turn into a zombie yourself.
you are what you eat

Sniffs bait, swims away :fish:

Well it is about zombies.

Why 2 years? Could've been 2 months just as easily.
Yeah, that's true. I was just thinking how long it's been since the "outbreak" started. Aren't we like 2 years since the start of season 1 now?

Well, now that I think about it, maybe not. How old is Judith now? Lori only finds out she's preggers in season 2 on Hersel's farm, right? And we still don't know who the baby daddy is, correct?

Oh and for you guys doubting the Scientist, that guys is clearly a genius.

That right there is a long dark tunnel full of reanimated corpses.

I need options people!!!!!

Glenn: I am going through with no flashlight and no food!

Tara: I am going through with a gimpy leg, but I will take the food!

Abraham: It will take us a day but lets walk around!

Hispanic girl: #### this I am just going to walk away.

Scientist: Let's get a car and drive around, we won't die and it will take half the time! <--------- Winner

Users who are viewing this thread