What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Jayrok said:
Sounded like he was going to be pissed at Simon for not knowing Maggie was alive and at Hilltop, since that is Simon's territory.  Figured maybe he thought Simon should have known.  
How would negan know Maggie was at hilltop?

Jayrok said:
Sounded like he was going to be pissed at Simon for not knowing Maggie was alive and at Hilltop, since that is Simon's territory.  Figured maybe he thought Simon should have known.  
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's why he directed the comment to Simon (not just because he was nearby). 

Negan's not the kind of guy to just say, "Dammit, Simon, how come you told me she was dead?"

How would negan know Maggie was at hilltop?
He wouldn't unless someone told him.  Negan knows that Hilltop is Simon's territory and maybe he thought, as such, Simon should know who is up there in that community.  Of course Simon could, and would, say "I didn't know she was there.. but I'll be sure to lean on that turd, Gregory, for some answers."   Obviously Gregory kept Maggie's presence a secret from Simon.  

I'm saying Maggie's in Alexandria when she showed up. How does negan know she came from hilltop? She could've just come from another house and was hiding. 

I'm saying Maggie's in Alexandria when she showed up. How does negan know she came from hilltop? She could've just come from another house and was hiding. 
Ah, I see what you're saying.  I saw it as she came in with the Hilltop group around her, with Jesus.  I thought Negan knew Jesus and the association would be made there.  I'm probably wrong and reading too much into it.  I was just curious what he said to Simon when they were retreating.  

Ah, I see what you're saying.  I saw it as she came in with the Hilltop group around her, with Jesus.  I thought Negan knew Jesus and the association would be made there.  I'm probably wrong and reading too much into it.  I was just curious what he said to Simon when they were retreating.  
 Yeah I guess we would have to assume negan knows hilltop people and saw Maggie roll in with them. 

I haven't seen anyone mention Rick's turn at the end of the episode. No more begging, no more bargaining.  He was ready to let Carl die. The only thing he had in that moment was hate and a desire for vengeance. People keep reminiscing about badass throat-biting Rick. That's who we saw in that scene. I think this war is gonna be ugly and Rick is going to tear #### up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen anyone mention Rick's turn at the end of the episode. No more begging, no more bargaining.  He was ready to let Carl die. The only thing he had in that moment was hate and a desire for vengeance. People keep reminiscing about badass throat-biting Rick. That's who we saw in that scene. I think this war is gonna be ugly and Rick is going to tear #### up. 
I know. It was great

It's been a journey for him for sure.  Throughout the early years he never trusted any outsiders.  Then the one time he trusts an outside group in a crucial role....BAM heartbreak and disappointment.

How did Ezekiel manage to train that tiger to only kill saviors?

Or ... the writers could have had Shane kill Rick way back in the beginning ... instead of the other way around

... and we wouldn't have had to wait 5 seasons to have the main character "tear #### up". 

Yea, then you follow Rick on his next crackpot scheme.  I hope your life insurance is paid up.

I was too busy shaking my head over old bowl-cut choppy words not putting a bullet in the back of his head. 

Interesting how Judith has gone from a baby to start this season to a toddler in this episode (walking)...

yet Maggie still remains 5 months pregnant throughout the season. 

Sounds like, "Taste that, Simon? That is the taste of sh**!"
I went back and turned on closed captioning.  That is what he said.   :thumbup:

"Taste that, Simon?  That is the taste of ####!"   pretty cheesy, but so is "guns-a-blazin'"

Earlier on, he also said "a ### #### tiger!" 

The bad CGI deer made all the headlines as one of the worst CGI affects ever, a few weeks ago.  I thought they more than made up for that this past week with the tiger.  Looked very well done in every scene it was in.  Gotta give some kudos to them for that. 

10 people, I thought.  Negan said people were resources when she said "12"

Think she wants 10 people to teach her language to.  
Lesson #1 is that you don't end a sentence with a preposition.

Sorry, not trying to play grammar police. Couldn't resist having a little fun.  ;)

Well, the shot just grazed his side... bullet exited.  She didn't shoot him right in the gut.  

What is bizarre is the fact that when everything was going down and her people were getting killed, Jadis just stood there with the gun on Rick.  Why not kill him at that point?  I guess maybe Negan's deal with her was to not kill Rick.  He wanted to punish him, but didn't want him dead.  

Lesson #1 is that you don't end a sentence with a preposition.

Sorry, not trying to play grammar police. Couldn't resist having a little fun.  ;)
My bad... think she wants 10 people to teach her language to, #######.  

That better?  

;)  just kidding.  

I'd have to go back and find it, but Khary Payton who plays Ezekiel was asked that on Twitter and his response was something to the effect of "I show Shiva flashcards of the bad guys in our downtime so she's prepared"    :lmao:
Too bad he didn't have any flashcards with Neegan's  picture.

Well, the shot just grazed his side... bullet exited.  She didn't shoot him right in the gut.  

What is bizarre is the fact that when everything was going down and her people were getting killed, Jadis just stood there with the gun on Rick.  Why not kill him at that point?  I guess maybe Negan's deal with her was to not kill Rick.  He wanted to punish him, but didn't want him dead.  
Because she lay with him after

Carol and Morgan finally breaking and re-becoming the ruthless killing machines they are and neither of them get a significant kill? Just nameless faces, possibly mowed down by Carol in one shot with allies (I assume) shooting in the same direction, and Morgan got the staff/Spear through someone's head for another. Who was he, friend or foe? Who can tell and does it really matter?

And speaking of Morgan's kill, am I to assume that everyone in that melee dropped from a headshot and that's why no one turned walker?
The tiger doesn't seem to have any issue differentiating.

I have watched The Walking Dead from the beginning and admit this season has been disapointing.  However,  I will watch this until it ends because I have so much invested in it.  The only show I can remember that I bailed on after 3+ seasons was The Wire.
Wait a minute. You bailed on The Wire but sticking with TWD?  :no:

I think the garbage pail kids turn on Negan in S8. Negan changing their agreement from 12 to 10 is what will do it. We all know Spock hates to negotiate down.

Read today it's a guy in a mocap suit lol
Yeah they showed it on TWD.  Dude in a full, blue bodysuit doing somersaults and what not to simulate the tiger.  Scott Gimple said it was interesting having to pitch the scene to the executives... "just imagine that dude in the blue man suit is a... tiger."

I think the garbage pail kids turn on Negan in S8. Negan changing their agreement from 12 to 10 is what will do it. We all know Spock hates to negotiate down.
I am thinking that Negan gives them no one back since the moment was a fail. That probably gives the garbage people reason to go back to Alexandria to assist.

The bad CGI deer made all the headlines as one of the worst CGI affects ever, a few weeks ago.  I thought they more than made up for that this past week with the tiger.  Looked very well done in every scene it was in.  Gotta give some kudos to them for that. 
Yup.  The CGI works much better with those quick scenes.

Finally got around to watching the last two episodes and thought both were really good. The season overall was the weakest thus far but these last two episodes were very strong in my opinion. Second-to-last one did a great job of balancing three storylines (something that should've been done more in the first half of the season). Also really enjoyed the finale. I thought Sasha's ultimate storyline was strong, well done and fitting. Loved the Cudlitz return. As someone else pointed out, Rick's final face-to-face with Negan was terrific. The full return of BadAssRickGrimes. Also really enjoyed the look at how this group has grown and bonded from one person's singular action (Glenn saving Rick).  

Still not a big fan of Those Who Talk Oddly but their turncoat move on Rick made them at least more interesting than they had been so perhaps there is hope for them to become more engaging in Season 8. I'm interested to see how All Out War goes in Season 8. I don't think they can turn that into 16 episodes. I would imagine it would be the focal point of the first half of the season with something new emerging for the back half.

Overall, I was disappointed with the season as a whole but the last two episodes brought the show back on point so I'm encouraged that Season 8 can return the show completely to its full strength. 

Not to rehash, but I've wondered this for a while - after Negan killed Glenn and Abraham and the Alexandrians were slaves to Negan, why didn't they just leave? There are tons of (likely) abandoned towns around there. How big is Negan's reach? Does he go to Maryland? Into DC? Into the far NoVa suburbs? If so, then go to, I don't know, Baltimore?

Not to rehash, but I've wondered this for a while - after Negan killed Glenn and Abraham and the Alexandrians were slaves to Negan, why didn't they just leave? There are tons of (likely) abandoned towns around there. How big is Negan's reach? Does he go to Maryland? Into DC? Into the far NoVa suburbs? If so, then go to, I don't know, Baltimore?
But that's just it.. go where and is there food, water and "good shelter"?
Maybe you forgot the state Rick and his group were in by the time they found Alexandria.. They had almost given up on life itself.
At least in Alexandria you have food, water and shelter.

I've talked about this before - it's impossible to take everyone in Alexandria and just leave. There are way too many people. Rick is responsible for all of them. He can't just pick and choose who gets to go and who then gets to be killed by Negan. 

I've talked about this before - it's impossible to take everyone in Alexandria and just leave. There are way too many people. Rick is responsible for all of them. He can't just pick and choose who gets to go and who then gets to be killed by Negan. 
How many people are in the Alexandria community? It always looked like about 20 to me. Are we to assume its like 1000?

How many people are in the Alexandria community? It always looked like about 20 to me. Are we to assume its like 1000?
No idea but definitely more than 20 and likely a lot more than that. As Snogger said just Rick's group was almost down for the count being on the road. No way it would've been smart to just uproot an entire community and try to get them out and survive.

But that's just it.. go where and is there food, water and "good shelter"?
Maybe you forgot the state Rick and his group were in by the time they found Alexandria.. They had almost given up on life itself.
At least in Alexandria you have food, water and shelter.
I hear you, but there are other towns. I realize you may have to clear out some zombies and start from scratch on a new community - but it seems like there should be tons of empty towns.

Users who are viewing this thread