What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (3 Viewers)

Anyone concerned with Antonio limping off the field today? Surprised it’s not being talked about here. 
No because see first part below

Ab went after reporter on Twitter too... Very odd
He actually went after reporters.He went after Ed Bouchette because he was the one who tweeted that he limped off but apparently this was a scheduled day for him to just do individual drills. He did not hurt himself and FWIW I follow multiple Steeler beat writers and only one said he limped off was Bouchette.

He also went after Madden on some tweets related to an appearance at a Children's Hospital, where AB appears to have been in the right.

Now AB has been acting a bit odd lately, a few rants and detailing how Lions made Calvin Johnson repay some of his signing bonus. Something seems a bit off with him lately. This worries me more regarding this long term desire to play in the NFL, the Calvin stuff worries me and one of his rants earlier he was saying stuff like "what's the point of playing".

Reading he injured his calf. Nagging leg injuries and a 30 year old are a bad combo. 
I can't find anything about an injury

#####ing looking for flags all day, yelling at OC on sidelines is annoying.

Didn't look happy when he was open but Ben went to Juju for the td. Didn't celebrate with the teammates either 

I can't find anything about an injury

#####ing looking for flags all day, yelling at OC on sidelines is annoying.

Didn't look happy when he was open but Ben went to Juju for the td. Didn't celebrate with the teammates either 
Rotoworld had a blurb. They also mentioned the argument on sidelines. Thought I remembered this being an issue in the past - AB being all about AB. Not really an issue when he’s lighting things up.

Did a little reading on twitter and apparently he was pouting and arguing on the sidelines. Left field when Ben scored at the end, left stadium without talking to reporters. Not seeing anything about the injury except the rotoworld thing so hopefully he's good, they feed him next week and this settles down.

I am not saying that AB's not the #1 - but you wouldn't have known it today.  JuJu clearly looked like the WR1 if you didn't know better.  

So they will force the ball to AB on Monday night.

Hmnn.

Antonio Brown's curious game goes unexplained

PITTSBURGH -- Antonio Brown is a man of grand accessorizing. He's often the last to leave the postgame locker room as he meticulously gets dressed. Like his precise route running, everything must look right, from the Gucci slippers to a diamond-studded jacket.

So when Brown left the locker room by himself Sunday, before the media was allowed to enter it, the absence was as curious as what happened on the field during the Pittsburgh Steelers' 42-37 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Brown's modest production through two games (by his standards) doesn't tell the whole story. The CBS broadcast caught Brown having at least a mild confrontation with offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner, who later in the game spent a few minutes talking to Brown on the bench. The conversation ended with Fichtner patting Brown on the head....

Man he looks bad here. Looks like it's all about him not getting stats right now. 

Way more concerned about the potential leg injuries. Don't like the 30 year old guy having leg issues that have been going on since August.

Man he looks bad here. Looks like it's all about him
He can't look bad, 'he's DEVINE!'

Brown ducking the media capped a strange week in which Brown apologized for a tweet threatening an ESPN reporter and, when asked about the apology Friday, explained why he's an "exceptionalist" who goes "beyond the rules" and steps in "the light of :tebow: divinity."

So what's the deal here, besides the pre madonna thing? I watched the game and looked like KC was covering him tight and getting under his skin.  Or is there an injury?

So what's the deal here, besides the pre madonna thing? I watched the game and looked like KC was covering him tight and getting under his skin.  Or is there an injury?
game pass from the Cle game showed them paying extra attention to him (not sure if they've always done this or not).  I'd be willing to bet the KC game film will show the same.  Other D's are going to focus on Brown and make Conner beat them.  Until he does, don't know why they'd change.

Antonio Brown responds to a tweet: "Trade me, Lets find out"

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1041710739642376193
We already found out. Dude is a zero when playing with a mediocre QB like L. Jones. Trade him to Tennessee and watch his stats crater.
This guy's head grew bigger than Barry Bonds on steroids when he started putting up big #s. At one time he was even keel, now his gone full blown prima donna.

We already found out. Dude is a zero when playing with a mediocre QB like L. Jones. Trade him to Tennessee and watch his stats crater.
This guy's head grew bigger than Barry Bonds on steroids when he started putting up big #s. At one time he was even keel, now his gone full blown prima donna.
AB has been acting strange since at least back in July but I got to set the record straight here.

Landry Jones has not gotten a sniff from a team since he was cut. That's not even mediocre. That's unemployed.

He's only had two full games with Landry Jones as his QB. Two games that Landry got more than 27 snaps.

7/106 on 11 targets and 6/124 on just 8 targets.

That's not a zero. That is in fact 100% backing up what he said.

He should quit football and run for POTUS. 
Brown ducking the media capped a strange week in which Brown apologized for a tweet threatening an ESPN reporter and, when asked about the apology Friday, explained why he's an "exceptionalist" who goes "beyond the rules" and steps in "the light of divinity."
Exceptionalistic take :bow:  and very-close to stepping into your light of :tebow: divinity. 

Wow, this story just sounds really weird. Antonio was the coolest of megastar receivers, taking time out for fans and stuff like that. He was very approachable and seemed like a good, solid guy. These stories are not flattering to him at all.  

Teams are scheming Brown out of the action so don't expect his demeanor to improve.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2018/09/16/lolley-steelers-offense-defense-compliment/

...when targeting Brown, Ben Roethlisberger is 18 of 33 for 160 yards, one touchdown and one interception. That's a passer rating of 65.2 when targeting Brown with a completion percentage of 54.5 and 4.8 yards per attempt.

Brown was visibly upset on a couple of occasions in this game. The Chiefs seemed to be getting away with quite a bit of contact with him down the field. He was especially upset when Roethlisberger targeted Ryan Switzer, instead of him, on a third-down play in the third quarter and had to punt.
Ben wasn't having any of it.

Check out the clip of Ben waving him out of his face.

https://twitter.com/KraigRiley/status/1041420575250493445

Kraig Riley‏ @KraigRiley

FollowFollow @KraigRiley

On that failed third and goal pass to Juju, Ben waved off AB and then said this about him. Given everything we’ve seen from AB on the sidelines in this game, I’d say there is a problem.

Smith-Schuster is by far the best 2 number WR the Steelers have had since Brown became all-world, and with defenses doing everything they can to not let Brown beat them, it goes without saying that guys elsewhere will be open and Brown likely can't stand seeing other guys get what he feels should be his targets.  WRs by nature are divas and Brown is being a major one. 

Browns been in the league how long? And teams just NOW have figured it out?

I'm gonna say the refs were letting the DBs be more physical than normal in that game. Diva AB gets 150 and 2 TDs next week.

Smith-Schuster is by far the best 2 number WR the Steelers have had since Brown became all-world, and with defenses doing everything they can to not let Brown beat them, it goes without saying that guys elsewhere will be open and Brown likely can't stand seeing other guys get what he feels should be his targets.  WRs by nature are divas and Brown is being a major one. 
I can think of plenty of WRs that weren't divas; Moss, Owens, Irvin, Keyshawn, Chad Ohcho, Brandon Marshall, Beckham, Steve Smith, Dez...  I could name a few more...

From what I understand or at least alluded to my Mike Garafolo he's got no problem with his targets but his complaint to the coaches is the quality of them. Does not feel like he's getting used downfield enough

Users who are viewing this thread