What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (2 Viewers)

Thanks for the info AAA.

I'm traveling to Griffin, GA. sometime before August for work and I see that there is a Dwarf House there. I can see a Wednesday Night Breakfast Buffet in my future.

:tebow:

One question though.

Do they put the spicy chicken on the buffet or just the regular?

Also, chicken strips or just the filets?
I'd just camp out there all day if they had nuggets....but that's not really a breakfast thing.
the fried chicken in patty form is breakfast food, but if its made in nugget shape it isn't?

Only the original filet is on the buffet or at least the ones I've been to. For those who may try to go definitely call ahead and make sure they are having it. The only time that I know they are guaranteed to have it is Saturday morning.

I may need to go run 5-6 miles tomorrow morning and then hit the buffet.

Update:

As of yesterday the new Bellevue location still had a line out the door and a drive through line that was causing traffic problems on two major arterials.

Chick-Fil-A is good for fast food, but this is ridiculous.

cstu said:
I usual go while I'm eating low-carb/Paleo so I pretty much just eat eggs and protein (bacon, sausage and glorious chicken)

When I'm not eating low-carb I'll get grits and biscuit and gravy. Their biscuits are decent - wish the grits were better too.
I really think I'd hit that buffet, and have about 8-9 chicken fillets alternately dipping them in hot sauce and gravy. Maybe a slice of bacon and a sausage patty just as a palate cleanser, but I wouldn't have any interest in eating anything else.

cstu said:
I usual go while I'm eating low-carb/Paleo so I pretty much just eat eggs and protein (bacon, sausage and glorious chicken)

When I'm not eating low-carb I'll get grits and biscuit and gravy. Their biscuits are decent - wish the grits were better too.
I really think I'd hit that buffet, and have about 8-9 chicken fillets alternately dipping them in hot sauce and gravy. Maybe a slice of bacon and a sausage patty just as a palate cleanser, but I wouldn't have any interest in eating anything else.
I've had eggs, 7-8 fillets and some bacon (note the fillets are the smaller ones and not the full-sized sandwich ones. But I'm still :porked: )

Chick-fil-a now has curbside delivery. Not sure how many locations but they continue to be #1 in customer service in the fast food area.

I've had curbside order taking done. For whatever reason it annoys me. Give me a few seconds to look at the menu and i'll talk into the box. Feels like you are being rushed with curbside ordering.

I've had curbside order taking done. For whatever reason it annoys me. Give me a few seconds to look at the menu and i'll talk into the box. Feels like you are being rushed with curbside ordering.
Yeah, this is dumb, but also different from curbside pickup.

I don't follow my fast food chicken very closely but are these the guys who hate the gays?

I don't follow my fast food chicken very closely but are these the guys who hate the gays?
Nope.

But I have to say one just opened by me and the line around that place is just incredible all the time. My kids love it, but I am just :shrug: . It is chicken sandwiches and nuggets that always seems to cost me $35.00

Nope.

But I have to say one just opened by me and the line around that place is just incredible all the time. My kids love it, but I am just :shrug: . It is chicken sandwiches and nuggets that always seems to cost me $35.00
Thanks. Which one is the chicken place that hates the gays? I could swear it was Chick Fil A...is it El Pollo Loco?

Nope.

Thanks. Which one is the chicken place that hates the gays? I could swear it was Chick Fil A...is it El Pollo Loco?
Yes it's CFA

Nope.But I have to say one just opened by me and the line around that place is just incredible all the time. My kids love it, but I am just :shrug: . It is chicken sandwiches and nuggets that always seems to cost me $35.00
Pretty sure the owner said he wished all gays would die.

Nope.But I have to say one just opened by me and the line around that place is just incredible all the time. My kids love it, but I am just :shrug: . It is chicken sandwiches and nuggets that always seems to cost me $35.00
Pretty sure the owner said he wished all gays would die.
Lol

The owner was an 93 year old who is dead BTW, but she held some pretty conservative values, supported traditional marriage and that homes should consist of a mom and a dad, which you could probably ask anyone that age and you would get the same answer.. The company got branded as anti-gay despite employing people from every walk of life. Heck, my 16 year old daughter's good friend is 18 and completely out and is one of the managers at the restaurant I talked about above.

And actually the opposite is happening now because Christian groups are starting to target them for being too-gay friendly for recently supporting a gay film festival.

The Commish said:
NetnautX said:
Yeah, this is dumb, but also different from curbside pickup.
I know. Just an observation. I was picturing ordering like Sonic though initially.

Nope.

Hates gays? Damn, people will believe anything these days.

It's astounding. Like they hope it's true. That, or just very ignorant.

:confused:

Didn't mean to touch a nerve. All I recall is that there was a huge dust up with a chicken place and the gay community. I didn't follow it at all but there was a lot of action on the topic in the FFA IIRC. I apologize if I bothered you by bringing up a bad memory involving a fast food chicken place.

Didn't mean to touch a nerve. All I recall is that there was a huge dust up with a chicken place and the gay community. I didn't follow it at all but there was a lot of action on the topic in the FFA IIRC. I apologize if I bothered you by bringing up a bad memory involving a fast food chicken place.
The Cathy family (owners of CFA) funded groups opposed to marriage equality. There was a boycott. And then a show of support by such luminaries as Willie Neslon. Then CFA quietly announced they'd no longer give to such groups. And then the Supreme Court kind of rendered the whole thing moot by legalizing marriage equality. Everyone can make up their own mind whether they can order a delicious chicken sandwich without guilt.

:confused: Didn't mean to touch a nerve. All I recall is that there was a huge dust up with a chicken place and the gay community. I didn't follow it at all but there was a lot of action on the topic in the FFA IIRC. I apologize if I bothered you by bringing up a bad memory involving a fast food chicken place.
Nope. Like this condescending response, it did not bother me. You really thought a restaurant corporation hated the gays? Sheesh

avoiding injuries said:
Chaka said:
avoiding injuries said:
:confused: Didn't mean to touch a nerve. All I recall is that there was a huge dust up with a chicken place and the gay community. I didn't follow it at all but there was a lot of action on the topic in the FFA IIRC. I apologize if I bothered you by bringing up a bad memory involving a fast food chicken place.
Nope. Like this condescending response, it did not bother me. You really thought a restaurant corporation hated the gays? Sheesh
Well, is a privately held company with a deeply religious foundation.

And according to Wiki The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."

So...yeah.

I ate at the gay hating chicken breakfast buffet this morning. I'm not sure if I swallowed any of the hate but I am a little gassy.

Wat? A positive statement of their religious beliefs is gay hating? We've completely lost our minds when discussing RIGHTEOUS OUTRAGEZ!!!!!

Ending their funding to gay hating groups does not mean they stopped hating gays. It just means they stopped funding gay hating groups. Could have been they just couldn't afford to anymore.

I've never seen a Chick Fil A with a breakfast buffet, I'm missing out.

Nothing better for a hangover than a chicken biscuit.

Ending their funding to gay hating groups does not mean they stopped hating gays. It just means they stopped funding gay hating groups. Could have been they just couldn't afford to anymore.
Seems unlikely - they have to be raking in the cash.
The bird flu killed millions of chickens. Price of chickens and eggs are up.
Is that a sign that God hates the chicken profiteers that hate the gays?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems unlikely - they have to be raking in the cash.
The bird flu killed millions of chickens. Price of chickens and eggs are up.
Is that a sign that God hates the chicken profiteers that hate the guys?
No. God did it because he didn't like Darrell Hammond as Colonel Sanders. He likes the new Norm McDonald Colonel Sanders though.

Wat? A positive statement of their religious beliefs is gay hating? We've completely lost our minds when discussing RIGHTEOUS OUTRAGEZ!!!!!
Not at all. That was merely to demonstrate that they are heavily guided by their religious beliefs. It's the donating money to anti-equality movements that I think was being construed as "gay hating".

Not at all. That was merely to demonstrate that they are heavily guided by their religious beliefs. It's the donating money to anti-equality movements that I think was being construed as "gay hating".
What percentage of Chik-Fil-A operators, employees, and customers would be fair to classify as "gay-hating"? Does working at one implicitly endorse all beliefs of all members of the founding family? How about patronizing one?

What percentage of Chik-Fil-A operators, employees, and customers would be fair to classify as "gay-hating"? Does working at one implicitly endorse all beliefs of all members of the founding family? How about patronizing one?
Who cares?

Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
Chaka said:
avoiding injuries said:

The Cathy family (owners of CFA) funded groups opposed to marriage equality. There was a boycott. And then a show of support by such luminaries as Willie Neslon. Then CFA quietly announced they'd no longer give to such groups. And then the Supreme Court kind of rendered the whole thing moot by legalizing marriage equality. Everyone can make up their own mind whether they can order a delicious chicken sandwich without guilt.
As long as I can get some CFA sauce with it then I think I'm good.

Users who are viewing this thread