What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerome Harrison traded to Eagles for Mike Bell (1 Viewer)

And here I was thinking my letter to the Browns and Eagles was a waste of time.

Dear Coaches Mangini and Reid,Like millions of other Americans, I play fantasy football avidly. I always try to handcuff my running backs with their NFL backup to make sure I'm never completely without a starter. Much to my disappointment, my attempts to trade Mike Bell for Harrison to unite each backup with his starter on our fantasy rosters have fallen on deaf ears.Since I'm unable to complete this handcuff in fantasy, I was thinking perhaps you two could help me out and make the trade at the NFL level? If you stop and think about it, it would be beneficial for both of you. Neither backup has been worth as much as a cup full of warm spit, so neither of you are losing anything. And if you make the trade, their signing bonuses immediately escalate to this year, which is uncapped. Meaning you'll have effectively lowered your cap hit in future years where there is a cap.Further, Coach Reid, if you have any worries about the quality of Jerome Harrison, you need only look to posts by Otis on the Footballguy.com forums. Should you notice Harrison occasionally busts a big run but most often gets tackled for little gain and thus kills drives on a team that can't handle 3rd and long, he'll tell you can't put any stock in that observation since that would be like removing a player's long runs from his average and since he plays Kansas City this year so will rack up another huge game against them.I realize writing to you is a long shot, but figured there was no harm in trying. Thank you for your time and consideration.P.S. Are either of you well acquainted with Wade Phillips? If so do you think you could help me get introduced to his daughter? She was the really hot belly dancer in Charlie Wilson's War. If you've never seen her dance I highly suggest it. You can find a clip on youtube.

And, Philly, they thought Bell could not handle the 3rd down work, or that if called upon he could not be a lead back? What?
The Eagles signed Bell because they have stunk in short yardage situations for 3 or 4 years now. And they still stunk this year. Bell looked worn out and banged up. He was losing snaps to Eldra Buckley. That tells you all that you need to know what they thought of him.Buckley, in fact, may be the guy who gets the straight-ahead RB carries at the goal line now. They won't run plays like that often -- usually it will be a pass or a Vick run. But Buckley may now get 2-4 TDs on the year instead of 0-2.

RushHour said:
I was actually thinking about grabbing Harrison (who had been dropped) this week to handcuff him to Hillis before this trade. I don't feel like I want to do the same with Bell. As a Hillis owner, I'm hoping this trade shows faith that he can keep it up and isn't injured. He's a pretty hard guy to sell high on as he has no real name value.If anyone gets a bump in value, it's James Davis.
I also think James Davis is the sharky pick up. Harrison was much more of a threat to steal carries than Mike Bell. I think Davis will be showcased during the next month or so, pick him up now if you can while his value is low.

GregR said:

Dear Coaches Mangini and Reid,

Like millions of other Americans, I play fantasy football avidly. I always try to handcuff my running backs with their NFL backup to make sure I'm never completely without a starter. Much to my disappointment, my attempts to trade Mike Bell for Harrison to unite each backup with his starter on our fantasy rosters have fallen on deaf ears.

Since I'm unable to complete this handcuff in fantasy, I was thinking perhaps you two could help me out and make the trade at the NFL level? If you stop and think about it, it would be beneficial for both of you. Neither backup has been worth as much as a cup full of warm spit, so neither of you are losing anything. And if you make the trade, their signing bonuses immediately escalate to this year, which is uncapped. Meaning you'll have effectively lowered your cap hit in future years where there is a cap.

Further, Coach Reid, if you have any worries about the quality of Jerome Harrison, you need only look to posts by Otis on the Footballguy.com forums. Should you notice Harrison occasionally busts a big run but most often gets tackled for little gain and thus kills drives on a team that can't handle 3rd and long, he'll tell you can't put any stock in that observation since that would be like removing a player's long runs from his average and since he plays Kansas City this year so will rack up another huge game against them.

I realize writing to you is a long shot, but figured there was no harm in trying. Thank you for your time and consideration.

P.S. Are either of you well acquainted with Wade Phillips? If so do you think you could help me get introduced to his daughter? She was the really hot belly dancer in Charlie Wilson's War. If you've never seen her dance I highly suggest it. You can find a clip on youtube.
:thumbup:

Jay Glazer was just on Tony Bruno's sports radio show talking about this trade.

According to Glazer he says that Harrison asked for a new contract during the offseason and the Browns do what they do everytime any brown asks for what they deserve, they told him to **** off.

GregR said:

Dear Coaches Mangini and Reid,

Like millions of other Americans, I play fantasy football avidly. I always try to handcuff my running backs with their NFL backup to make sure I'm never completely without a starter. Much to my disappointment, my attempts to trade Mike Bell for Harrison to unite each backup with his starter on our fantasy rosters have fallen on deaf ears.

Since I'm unable to complete this handcuff in fantasy, I was thinking perhaps you two could help me out and make the trade at the NFL level? If you stop and think about it, it would be beneficial for both of you. Neither backup has been worth as much as a cup full of warm spit, so neither of you are losing anything. And if you make the trade, their signing bonuses immediately escalate to this year, which is uncapped. Meaning you'll have effectively lowered your cap hit in future years where there is a cap.

Further, Coach Reid, if you have any worries about the quality of Jerome Harrison, you need only look to posts by Otis on the Footballguy.com forums. Should you notice Harrison occasionally busts a big run but most often gets tackled for little gain and thus kills drives on a team that can't handle 3rd and long, he'll tell you can't put any stock in that observation since that would be like removing a player's long runs from his average and since he plays Kansas City this year so will rack up another huge game against them.

I realize writing to you is a long shot, but figured there was no harm in trying. Thank you for your time and consideration.

P.S. Are either of you well acquainted with Wade Phillips? If so do you think you could help me get introduced to his daughter? She was the really hot belly dancer in Charlie Wilson's War. If you've never seen her dance I highly suggest it. You can find a clip on youtube.
:lmao:
Looks ok to me. :lmao:

Jay Glazer was just on Tony Bruno's sports radio show talking about this trade.According to Glazer he says that Harrison asked for a new contract during the offseason and the Browns do what they do everytime any brown asks for what they deserve, they told him to **** off.
The Browns gave him a 2nd round tender and no one even called him about negotiating an offer. Signing an average talent like Harrison to a deal would scream Derek Anderson to me, they did the right thing this time and Harrison responded by sulking which has effected his play on the field and apparently been a nuisance in the locker room too. The Browns couldn't win here, which is something we're very used to.

Jay Glazer was just on Tony Bruno's sports radio show talking about this trade.According to Glazer he says that Harrison asked for a new contract during the offseason and the Browns do what they do everytime any brown asks for what they deserve, they told him to **** off.
The Browns gave him a 2nd round tender and no one even called him about negotiating an offer. Signing an average talent like Harrison to a deal would scream Derek Anderson to me, they did the right thing this time and Harrison responded by sulking which has effected his play on the field and apparently been a nuisance in the locker room too. The Browns couldn't win here, which is something we're very used to.
Just reminds me of cribbs is all, if Hillis hadnt stepped up and performed where would the browns be?

Just reminds me of cribbs is all, if Hillis hadnt stepped up and performed where would the browns be?
Probably in the same position.

Probably in the same position.
Really, if Hillis turned out to be a bust, and they refused to pay Harrison what he thought was reasonable you think they would be 1-4 in one of the hardest divisions in the AFC with a chance of winning more than 5 games?Cause with no run game they have Colt McCoy and Josh Cribbs.

Pip said:
And, Philly, they thought Bell could not handle the 3rd down work, or that if called upon he could not be a lead back? What?
The Eagles signed Bell because they have stunk in short yardage situations for 3 or 4 years now. And they still stunk this year. Bell looked worn out and banged up. He was losing snaps to Eldra Buckley. That tells you all that you need to know what they thought of him.Buckley, in fact, may be the guy who gets the straight-ahead RB carries at the goal line now. They won't run plays like that often -- usually it will be a pass or a Vick run. But Buckley may now get 2-4 TDs on the year instead of 0-2.
i really hope not, because buckley is terrible. i hope we trade him next.

RushHour said:
I was actually thinking about grabbing Harrison (who had been dropped) this week to handcuff him to Hillis before this trade. I don't feel like I want to do the same with Bell. As a Hillis owner, I'm hoping this trade shows faith that he can keep it up and isn't injured. He's a pretty hard guy to sell high on as he has no real name value.If anyone gets a bump in value, it's James Davis.
I also think James Davis is the sharky pick up. Harrison was much more of a threat to steal carries than Mike Bell. I think Davis will be showcased during the next month or so, pick him up now if you can while his value is low.
I would normally think the same thing. However, the fact that Davis has seen practically 0 carries during this period in which the Browns certainly should/could have given him some sampling of an NFL game, has me suspicious. I am wondering the reason Davis has not gotten an opportunity when he has shown flashes (all be it mostly in preseason) that he could be a good pro RB. The likelihood would be either he can't pass block well, or he doesn't run in their offense efficiently. Maybe a bit premature but I traded him earlier in the year. He just seems like one of those dead end RB's with flashes of talent that won't go anywhere.

Is there a chance McCoy is hurt worse than they are letting on? He had a great wk5, but... How is practice going this week?
Reports are he didn't practice yesterday, but he didn't practice last Wednesday either.I think if he was able to play through the injury when it happened and then play agian last week, I would think it would get better as time moves on. I guess there's always a chance to re-injure or re-aggravate it, but there's injury risks with anyone.I don't think this trade has anything to do with McRib's status.

Users who are viewing this thread