What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

12 team, standard scoring, non-PPR league, 17 week regular season, top 5 teams make the playoffs, which is then cumulative points mirroring the NFL playoffs:

Team A trades:

Larry Fitzgerald

Michael Crabtree

LaGarrette Blount

to Team B for:

2011 Pick 1.01

Frank Gore

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but what is team D doing? According to those two trades he gives Turner for a 2012 2nd rounder?

Team D is actaully my team (signature). I wound up dealing Turner and a projected late 1st rounder 2012 (His team was upset in playoffs but 2nd highest ppg 2010) for Projected top 2 pick 2012 (9th place team and lowest ppg 2010) and projected high 2nd round pick 2012 (8th place team 2010). Maybe it was a bad move but I was hoping I wouldn't need Turner in 2011 and that I won't get better value for him going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave Garrard, D.Alexander and an early 3rd forStafford, Carnell Williams
Great trade to get a young high-upside qb.
I hope so. With Flacco, Freeman and Stafford on my roster and all cheap (salary cap) I'll be good for awhile at the position (alomst enough to make up for my ######ed move of trading Rodgers). Alexander is super cheap though, so if he pans out the deal will be good for him too.

Dynasty PPR...Gave:Peyton HillisAnthony DixonGot:Maurice Jones-DrewJustin ForsettI already own both R.Jennings and M.Lynch
did you give him a reach around
:goodposting: Wasn't necessary! Dude has a man-crush on Hillis and he proposed it to me!
Anthony Dixon's a hidden gem in there. You might not have made out as well as you think.
I agree. I am a Gore owner and I traded for Dixon during the season. could be the starter in 2012 or 2013 or if Gore gets hurt which he always does

Just gave: ESanders, Josh Brown, Justin Tuck, Maualuga, Adrian Wilson, 2 late 1sts and the 2.01

for

JStewart, McCluster, Rackers, Jacob Ford

Just hoping JStew can live up to his potential. I also like McCluster more than most seem to.

12 team PPR

TEAM A gave up:

Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB

Woodhead, Danny NEP RB

Williams, Mike SEA WR

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE

Pitta, Dennis BAL TE

TEAM B gave up:

Grant, Ryan GBP RB

Starks, James GBP RB

Alexander, Danario STL WR

Tate, Golden SEA WR

Daniels, Owen HOU TE

Year 2011 Round 2 Draft Pick from Metal Faced Coops

I am team B. Very close trade, with an informed owner. I feel I got the best two players in the deal (Keller/Williams) and turned one starter (Daniels) into two. I had to "give up" on Tate prematurely to complete the deal. I am hoping that doesn't come back to bite me.

Dynasty PPR...Gave:Peyton HillisAnthony DixonGot:Maurice Jones-DrewJustin ForsettI already own both R.Jennings and M.Lynch
:thumbup: Wasn't necessary! Dude has a man-crush on Hillis and he proposed it to me!
Anthony Dixon's a hidden gem in there. You might not have made out as well as you think.
I have to agree on Dixon, however my team was already quite deep at RB.

:thumbup: Wasn't necessary! Dude has a man-crush on Hillis and he proposed it to me!
Just looking at it player for player I think the other team got the better of the deal. I prefer Hillis over MJD. They are about the same age but Hillis has 430 career NFL touches plus not many NCAA touches while MJD has almost 1400 career NFL touches. That's a major difference to me. Hilllis may run with a bruising style but MJD is not the biggest guy in the world either and I think the workload is about to start catching up with him.I certainly prefer Dixon over Forsett. Don't think Forsett is ever going to get a chance to be the guy but Dixon at least has a chance. The fact you own Jennings and Lynch does change things and I think makes it a good deal for you but player for player I like what the other team did.

menobrown said:
Athletic Supporter said:
fsufan said:
Just looking at it player for player I think the other team got the better of the deal. I prefer Hillis over MJD. They are about the same age but Hillis has 430 career NFL touches plus not many NCAA touches while MJD has almost 1400 career NFL touches. That's a major difference to me. Hilllis may run with a bruising style but MJD is not the biggest guy in the world either and I think the workload is about to start catching up with him.I certainly prefer Dixon over Forsett. Don't think Forsett is ever going to get a chance to be the guy but Dixon at least has a chance. The fact you own Jennings and Lynch does change things and I think makes it a good deal for you but player for player I like what the other team did.
It has little to do with Hillis vs. MJD as players. As value, MJD is clearly the bigger asset. If the owner has the same concerns that you do, he can move MJD for much more than he could have moved Hillis for, to most owners.

Concept Coop said:

12 team PPR

TEAM A gave up:

Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB

Woodhead, Danny NEP RB

Williams, Mike SEA WR

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE

Pitta, Dennis BAL TE

TEAM B gave up:

Grant, Ryan GBP RB

Starks, James GBP RB

Alexander, Danario STL WR

Tate, Golden SEA WR

Daniels, Owen HOU TE

Year 2011 Round 2 Draft Pick from Metal Faced Coops

I am team B. Very close trade, with an informed owner. I feel I got the best two players in the deal (Keller/Williams) and turned one starter (Daniels) into two. I had to "give up" on Tate prematurely to complete the deal. I am hoping that doesn't come back to bite me.
One thing I don't like is that all the lottery tickets seem to be going the wrong way. Starks or Alexander could be elite-ish players. Tate has that chance too but I don't believe in him one bit. Williams and Keller are good talents but I don't know if they have room to grow (past their current value as WR3 and low TE1).Not sure if Daniels to Keller might be a downgrade. However if you have another reliable starter (an elite guy or an established guy like Cooley/Winslow), I would definitely move Daniels for Keller and hope for upside.

RazorbackPete said:
12 team, standard scoring, non-PPR league, 17 week regular season, top 5 teams make the playoffs, which is then cumulative points mirroring the NFL playoffs:Team A trades:Larry FitzgeraldMichael CrabtreeLaGarrette Blountto Team B for:2011 Pick 1.01Frank Gore
This is a pretty close one. I'd probably rather have Fitzgerald. I would guess it was a good match - Team A with lots of WR depth and Team B with lots of RB depth.

RazorbackPete said:
12 team, standard scoring, non-PPR league, 17 week regular season, top 5 teams make the playoffs, which is then cumulative points mirroring the NFL playoffs:Team A trades:Larry FitzgeraldMichael CrabtreeLaGarrette Blountto Team B for:2011 Pick 1.01Frank Gore
This is a pretty close one. I'd probably rather have Fitzgerald. I would guess it was a good match - Team A with lots of WR depth and Team B with lots of RB depth.
I would much rather have Fitz/Crabtree/Blount, though I think the trade is "fair" enough on paper.

RazorbackPete said:
I don't think it is really close at all. I will take what Team B got (Fitz/Crabtree/Blount)

As value, MJD is clearly the bigger asset.
That's your opinion and one I don't agree with, especially the clearly part. I know I'm not the only person who prefers a player of similar age and production last year who has over 900 fewer NFL touches and close to 1200 fewer touches counting both his collegiate and NFL career.

RazorbackPete said:
I don't think it is really close at all. I will take what Team B got (Fitz/Crabtree/Blount)
In non-PPR, give me Gore & Ingram.

That's your opinion and one I don't agree with, especially the clearly part. I know I'm not the only person who prefers a player of similar age and production last year who has over 900 fewer NFL touches and close to 1200 fewer touches counting both his collegiate and NFL career.
I know I'm not the only person who prefers the still young RB who's got a proven track record of being a top stud for multiple years over the possible one year wonder.

One thing I don't like is that all the lottery tickets seem to be going the wrong way. Starks or Alexander could be elite-ish players. Tate has that chance too but I don't believe in him one bit. Williams and Keller are good talents but I don't know if they have room to grow (past their current value as WR3 and low TE1).Not sure if Daniels to Keller might be a downgrade. However if you have another reliable starter (an elite guy or an established guy like Cooley/Winslow), I would definitely move Daniels for Keller and hope for upside.
Thanks for your response. I value Williams as a dynasty# 2, and Keller a mid-to-low #1. Williams had monster weeks, but struggled with Whitehurst at the helm. A QB upgrade (even a healthly Hasselback) would provide room for growth. Because of the format (PPR:R/W/F/F/F) the upside of Starks is capped, unless he becomes a threat out of the backfield. Because of the format, I view the GB for NE running back swap closer than it looks on paper (most formats) - Whitehead is a wildcard and lottery ticket himself.

Do you have the studies to compare the impact of a carry to the impact of being a lead blocker? If not, the carry totals are worthless.

to add a bit to this discussion...i'm a fan of Hillis, he was a big part of my run to the playoffs in a couple of leagues. i thought i could maybe sell him high this offseason... i was thinking about it the entire second half how i'd ship him off as soon as the season is over for a stud receiver or something, but i've had no such luck. to put his current value into perspective, i was the owner who made this deal as posted above by doofus (i received jackson):12 team PPR .75 for RB, 1 for WR, 1.25 for TEgive: ahmad bradshaw and josh freeman receive: desean jackson the jackson owner turned down this previously and that was my counter:give: peyton hillis and josh freemanreceive: desean jacksonhe wanted more of a "sure" thing. definitely gives a good look at where some people are valuing hillis at this time and i'd almost rather have hillis > bradshaw.

Team A gives: Gore and Braylon Team B gives: VjaxStandard ppr league
I like this deal for team A. I doubt Gore has much left.
Gore is so unappreciated.Gore was #5 overall through week 11, #6 in PPG (20 ppg), 1.2 ppg behind the #2 RB (21 ppg). Only Foster had any meaningful distance in scoring (25 ppg).Gore looked very, very good as usual this year. He turns 28 this year. I do not see any reason to expect a dropoff, especially in PPR.
:rolleyes: Gore is 27 and turns 28 as camps start. He's younger than Turner. People are acting like he's 31. Sure, he misses time due to injury every year. For that you can plug in a #3 RB but for the games he plays he is a top 5 guy.
Turner may be older but Gore has many more miles on those knees. Turner didn't run much behind LT in San Diego in his first couple of seasons so his age shouldn't be as much of a factor as it is with Gore.
he is 27 and his knees and hips are 108

12 team dynasty, standard scoring, PPR:

Team A gives Reggie Wayne, 2011 rookie pick 1.08

Team B gives Dwayne Bowe, 2011 rookie pick 2.10

Do you have the studies to compare the impact of a carry to the impact of being a lead blocker? If not, the carry totals are worthless.
Most of Hills career he did not even see the field and the career span of OL is a lot longer than RB's so no it's not worthless. Trying to act like carries does not matter seems silly but carry on.

Most of Hills career he did not even see the field and the career span of OL is a lot longer than RB's so no it's not worthless. Trying to act like carries does not matter seems silly but carry on.
Hillis is not an O-lineman. The guys he hit got a running start, as did he. Trying to act as though being a fullback for the first part of your career, somehow extends it, because you were slamming into guys on purpose, instead of trying to avoid them seems silly to me.Acting as though two seasons of a full load at 25 years old, is enough to downgrade one of the best RBs in the NFL seems silly to me.

to add a bit to this discussion...i'm a fan of Hillis, he was a big part of my run to the playoffs in a couple of leagues. i thought i could maybe sell him high this offseason... i was thinking about it the entire second half how i'd ship him off as soon as the season is over for a stud receiver or something, but i've had no such luck. to put his current value into perspective, i was the owner who made this deal as posted above by doofus (i received jackson):12 team PPR .75 for RB, 1 for WR, 1.25 for TEgive: ahmad bradshaw and josh freeman receive: desean jackson the jackson owner turned down this previously and that was my counter:give: peyton hillis and josh freemanreceive: desean jacksonhe wanted more of a "sure" thing. definitely gives a good look at where some people are valuing hillis at this time and i'd almost rather have hillis > bradshaw.
If Mangini was still there I would have considered Hillis, but with a new coaching staff coming in, combined with his 61 receptions (don't think he'll do that again) and 11 TDs. I think he is overvalued right now AND Bradshaw doesn't play the Steelers and Ravens at the end of every year.That was my reasoning...not sure if its right or not...but just how I was thinking.

RazorbackPete said:
+1

fsufan said:
Ya this kind of trade isn't happening in any of my leagues.Hillis will probably end up being a bust next year.
Yeah, I’d be happy to get the MJD side of this one. However, I don’t know that Hillis is likely to bust next year. That said, Hardesty coming back and a new coaching staff in town are two potential hurdles for Hillis to remain a RB1 (these things muddy the waters for Hillis, imo). Not that I think Hardesty will take his job, but I think there is a legit shot Hardesty could be in the mix quite a bit.

Hillis is not an O-lineman. The guys he hit got a running start, as did he. Trying to act as though being a fullback for the first part of your career, somehow extends it, because you were slamming into guys on purpose, instead of trying to avoid them seems silly to me.Acting as though two seasons of a full load at 25 years old, is enough to downgrade one of the best RBs in the NFL seems silly to me.
Sorry but 1400 career touches vs 430 is more wear and tear and it's borderline ignornant to suggest otherwise. Prefer MJD all you want but don't ignore the facts.

Sorry but 1400 career touches vs 430 is more wear and tear and it's borderline ignornant to suggest otherwise. Prefer MJD all you want but don't ignore the facts.
Mjd has a lot more touches because he is a lot better and being able to handle a full load year after year is a plus, not a minus. This year was the first time mjd has missed games, and he showed his toughness by playing almost the whole season injured at an elite level.Besides age is far more of a hurdle to longevity then touches anyway. Great rb's have a lot of touches over their careers for a reason, they ARE great.Give me the proven elite talent who has done it for years over a converted fullback who has done it for one year all day long.

Thanks for your response. I value Williams as a dynasty# 2, and Keller a mid-to-low #1. Williams had monster weeks, but struggled with Whitehurst at the helm. A QB upgrade (even a healthly Hasselback) would provide room for growth. Because of the format (PPR:R/W/F/F/F) the upside of Starks is capped, unless he becomes a threat out of the backfield. Because of the format, I view the GB for NE running back swap closer than it looks on paper (most formats) - Whitehead is a wildcard and lottery ticket himself.
The Green Bay running back situation is going to be tricky next year. I am worried that all backs will be fantasy irrelevant. If not completely irrelevant, they may be extremely volatile points-wise depending on the week. Kuhn will likely steal the short yardage TDs. They want to work Starks into the mix to see what he can do. Brandon Jackson was underwhelming yet solid. Ryan Grant did not blow an ACL, so he should be 100% by next year with a full year to heal on an ankle. There may be some off-season RB movement for the Packers, but if not and GB is satisfied with these four backs for next year, the Green Bay running backs will be high risk/low reward. It would be like starting any RB from the 2008-2009 Patriots - risky.

Just did this one in my PPR dynasty league

I gave: Gore, Hillis, Evans, 2.11 rookie pick

I got: Best, 1.2 rookie pick, E.Sanders, 2.9 rookie pick

:goodposting:

Updated roster:

Brees, McNabb

MJD, DeAngleo, Best

Calvin, Marshall, Mike Williams Bucs, Boldin, Demaryius Thomas, Jacoby Ford, Sanders, LaFell, McClutser, Armstrong, Avery, Doucet

Cooley, Celek, F.Davis

Rookie picks: 1.2, 1.11, 2.11, 3.12

Just did this one in my PPR dynasty leagueI gave: Gore, Hillis, Evans, 2.11 rookie pickI got: Best, 1.2 rookie pick, E.Sanders, 2.9 rookie pick :bag:Updated roster:Brees, McNabbMJD, DeAngleo, BestCalvin, Marshall, Mike Williams Bucs, Boldin, Demaryius Thomas, Jacoby Ford, Sanders, LaFell, McClutser, Armstrong, Avery, DoucetCooley, Celek, F.DavisRookie picks: 1.2, 1.11, 2.11, 3.12
This is the type of trade I would make. I like the sell of Gore (put me in the non-believer category that he will make it back to his top 10 form) and Hillis (I think there will be more of a compliment this year - maybe Hardesty). Best is a good buy in PPR IMO and you should find great options at 1.2. I also am a big fan of Sanders....

12 team ppr

Team A gives: Peyton Hillis, 2.11

Team B gives: 1.3

Team A gives: Sam Bradford, Mike Tolbert

Team B gives: 1.5, Carson Palmer, Tim Hightower

Users who are viewing this thread