Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They knocked it out of the park with this Joker/Sesame street parody. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqpak5lFxvs

Dunkin Donuts Commercial was spectacular.

McCarthy as Spicer for any who missed it.

Stefon is one of the few things Hader did that I never liked.

So you are a fan of Herb Welch?

Is that the old man reporter? The first time I saw it I thought it was hilarious. Of course, as usual with SNL. they play things to death.

Lorne needs to let loose the reigns of the show a bit. Every interview I read/hear from cast members or writers makes the writing process sound so tedious. They still all sit on the floor in his office each week to pitch ideas and it sounds like most people don't offer their best ideas. It seems like this whole clique, kiss ### session that stifles creativity. Nothing cutting edge. Have you seen anything biting about Obama? Who was the last President they didn't seriously lampoon? The show is totally PC now. The funniest sketch this season was the acupuncture sketch but was it really much different than Dan Akroyd as Julia Child with the blood squirting everywhere? They had a very talented cast this season, imo. I think the problem is Lorne.

Thank you, Karl Rove.

SNL blows, but Hader is amazing. He can do so many voices, can play the straight man well. Sad to see him go, I think he will do a sitcom on a network and do ok for himself.

Seriously shocked that Myers got the Late Show gig, he never seemed that charismatic or interesting to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

another season starts tonight

Cecily Strong is the new host of "Weekend Update".

I thought she was one the standouts from last season.

She's very good when playing characters. Not sure how that will translate to Update.

This is about the fifth "full transition" season they have had according to Robert smigel on sb report. He went through each one and it was interesting to hear how the tone of the show changed each time.

I didn't think the last few years were bad, but they weren't memorable at all. I'm hopeful they do a good job. With Tina fey back they should be off to a good start.

She's very good when playing characters. Not sure how that will translate to Update.

Love that chick...I'd let her bite me with those sharp eye teeth anywhere she wants...

Really surprised they didn't use the Cruz filibuster as the opening...it wrote itself...just have your guy rambling about some of the most insane nonsense and end it with Cruz thinking he accomplished something until he realized he scheduled his filibuster a day too early...

Also incredibly surprised there was no Miley skit. What the hell? You have all this time off and you didn't really touch on anything that was funny during the break?

Terrible for an opening to the season...not a good sign about the writing with this season going in...

Love that chick...I'd let her bite me with those sharp eye teeth anywhere she wants...

Is it just me, or did Cecily look a bit ... well ... "Strong-er" this season?

Does "strong" = "heavier"?

:yes:

This has probably already been posted, but did you guys hear that the dude from those commercials where he talks to the kids and they say funny kids stuff and he acts super-serious? Yeah, that dude is apparently going to be on SNL now. So there's that, I guess?

This has probably already been posted, but did you guys hear that the dude from those commercials where he talks to the kids and they say funny kids stuff and he acts super-serious? Yeah, that dude is apparently going to be on SNL now. So there's that, I guess?

I take it you don't watch the show?

She thick...definitely...but so's my d***

I take it you don't watch the show?

Or read Page 29.

One of the new guys is the guy who does the AT&T commercials interviewing the kindergarteners.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beck_Bennett

OK, I was wrong about this. Must have been what she was wearing last week. Nothing to see here.

:thumbup: