What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scott Walker WI governor vs the Packers & teachers (2 Viewers)

The pod covers more how it happened and some of the players then the nitty gritty details.  The economic impact can probably be summed up with a sad emoji.  If/when the thing goes sideways the taxpayers will foot the bill.

States/municipalities are just held upside down and whatever area has the most money fall out of their pockets...they win?  Same thing with Amazon's HQ2 (&3), most sport franchise moves/new stadiums, and a thousand other examples.  Often the best move is to not play.
I loved it when Trump swooped in and assumed credit for the Foxconn deal (and the huge bounty of jobs it was going to bring) himself, but then when the bad news started leaking and growing, he backed off.  When this deal is fully exposed for how bad it is, which could be very soon, or after a few years at most, I'm sure Trump will throw Walker under the bus once again.  These two clowns have a hilarious history of hating each other, then totally supporting each other, then stabbing each other in the back. 

The pod covers more how it happened and some of the players then the nitty gritty details.  The economic impact can probably be summed up with a sad emoji.  If/when the thing goes sideways the taxpayers will foot the bill.

States/municipalities are just held upside down and whatever area has the most money fall out of their pockets...they win?  Same thing with Amazon's HQ2 (&3), most sport franchise moves/new stadiums, and a thousand other examples.  Often the best move is to not play.
I listened to the podcast yesterday and yes that pretty much sums it up.  The amount of money that the village is on the hook for will never be recovered.  There were some things in the podcast that I was not aware of, for example the local government claiming payment was made to an individual when he states he has not received payment.  I drove by the site yesterday and the amount of earth movers in the area is crazy.  Also, the amount of homes that have been leveled is also crazy.  A few months ago on one of the sites that has since been demolished there was a group of Amish men taking down a barn piece by piece, I would assume that they are taking it back to rebuild a barn in their area.

I loved it when Trump swooped in and assumed credit for the Foxconn deal (and the huge bounty of jobs it was going to bring) himself, but then when the bad news started leaking and growing, he backed off.  When this deal is fully exposed for how bad it is, which could be very soon, or after a few years at most, I'm sure Trump will throw Walker under the bus once again.  These two clowns have a hilarious history of hating each other, then totally supporting each other, then stabbing each other in the back. 
Walker has now apparently taken a position promoting Trump's re-election in Wisconsin.  He screwed this state so badly, and now just can't stop himself.  They apparently don't care a bit that the brutal insults they lobbed at each other just a couple years ago are still out there for all to see.

In excellent Trumpian fashion, Walker started the day today lying to and 5th graders about how marginal tax rates work.  Hopefully, the teachers working the 5th grade class he spoke to are able to teach these kids how tax rates work in the real world.

Walker has now apparently taken a position promoting Trump's re-election in Wisconsin.  He screwed this state so badly, and now just can't stop himself.  They apparently don't care a bit that the brutal insults they lobbed at each other just a couple years ago are still out there for all to see.

In excellent Trumpian fashion, Walker started the day today lying to and 5th graders about how marginal tax rates work.  Hopefully, the teachers working the 5th grade class he spoke to are able to teach these kids how tax rates work in the real world.
Reminds me of his total failure to understand a venn diagram that happened last month. How funny is this thread to read back through?

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez✔@AOC

Explaining marginal taxes to a far-right former Governor:

Imagine if you did chores for abuela & she gave you $10. When you got home, you got to keep it, because it’s only $10.

Then we taxed the billionaire in town because he’s making tons of money underpaying the townspeople.

https://twitter.com/taxmarch/status/1085225777346609153

"What Walker leaves out of the story," joked Washington Post political reporter Dave Weigel, "is that the student had already made $9,999,990 on house work that year and the extra $10 pushed him into the top bracket."

"How is it even possible that you don't know how marginal tax rates work?" the progressive advocacy group Credo Mobile asked Walker.

And while the Patriotic Millionaires, a group wealthy individuals which advocates for higher taxes on people in their tax bracket, offered to share their resource materials to Walker so that he might better understand how the marginal rate works, their progressive allies at the Tax March also wanted to help.

"Hey Scott Walker, it's clear that you don't understand marginal tax rates and we can't have you mis-informing America's children," the group tweeted. "Check out our newest explainer video, it will get you up to speed." Watch:

I'm not sure if Evers is doing the right thing with these appointments. It's good that he is doing it because of how slimy it was done but I'm not sure how this will get spun because of how loud the red voice is in Wisconsin. Too early to read this event.

I'm not sure if Evers is doing the right thing with these appointments. It's good that he is doing it because of how slimy it was done but I'm not sure how this will get spun because of how loud the red voice is in Wisconsin. Too early to read this event.

of course he's doing the right thing repealing this bull####. the #### do you mean? Walker governed by Republican hot topic of the day in an effort to build a national resume'. the guy has no soul, no conscience and acted not once in the interest of the state of Wisconsin. everything he did was in the interest of using the state as a test lab for wacko right-wing think tank ideas.

#### that guy. it's a miracle he has eluded justice for all the slimy, corrupt #### he did in both MIlwaukee and Madison.

my hope was he'd crawl back in his hole after Trump eviscerated him in the election cycle. unfortunately roaches are hard to kill.

There's no cleaner politician in the history of the world.  A Democratic led "John Doe" investigation crawled up his nethers and found nothing shady about him

Walkers Act 10 saved that state from economic Armageddon.  His vision brought Foxcon and Amazon there.  He's easily the greatest governor Wisconsin ever had, and might be the greatest governor ANY state has ever had

My property taxes went down each of the years he was governor there.  Thank God Wisconsinites still have leaders like Alberta Darling around to keep Evers from destroying the state.

Hate the guy personally all you want, but he was great for Wisconsin (crybaby teachers, girls with braided underarm hair, and non-bathing hippies notwithstanding)

Walkers Act 10 saved that state from economic Armageddon.  His vision brought Foxcon and Amazon there.  He's easily the greatest governor Wisconsin ever had, and might be the greatest governor ANY state has ever had
Sadly, you're not joking. However, as a teacher that, unfortunately, voted for Walker, I would be okay with Act 10... if the Fire unions and Police unions were included. People, maybe you, can't complain about "crybaby teachers" without including crybaby police and fire. Why weren't they included in the public union busting? What makes them so special? You want to save Wisconsin tons of money, pass Act 10 to include the Police and Fire.

Sadly, you're not joking. However, as a teacher that, unfortunately, voted for Walker, I would be okay with Act 10... if the Fire unions and Police unions were included. People, maybe you, can't complain about "crybaby teachers" without including crybaby police and fire. Why weren't they included in the public union busting? What makes them so special? You want to save Wisconsin tons of money, pass Act 10 to include the Police and Fire.
Valid point.

And as you point out, there's a lot of teachers that understood.  I only meant to implicate the crazies of your profession, sorry if I didn't state that clearly enough.

Valid point.

And as you point out, there's a lot of teachers that understood.  I only meant to implicate the crazies of your profession, sorry if I didn't state that clearly enough.
Valid Points are like "thoughts and prayers." Points can be made but the question remains, why weren't Fire and Police included? If Republicans were all about saving money and public union busting... Republicans left two of the biggest ones out. No negotiations either. Not even a Mini Act 10. Whether it is going to be with Evers or sometime in the future, if teachers get back some of what was taken from them, the Republicans need to only look at the exclusions of those two other unions.

There's no cleaner politician in the history of the world.  A Democratic led "John Doe" investigation crawled up his nethers and found nothing shady about him

My property taxes went down each of the years he was governor there.  Thank God Wisconsinites still have leaders like Alberta Darling around to keep Evers from destroying the state.

Hate the guy personally all you want, but he was great for Wisconsin (crybaby teachers, girls with braided underarm hair, and non-bathing hippies notwithstanding)
Walker is so awesome that neighboring Minnesota dominated Wisconsin economically with Democrats running the show.  https://www.epi.org/publication/as-wisconsins-and-minnesotas-lawmakers-took-divergent-paths-so-did-their-economies-since-2010-minnesotas-economy-has-performed-far-better-for-working-families-than-wisconsin/

Valid Points are like "thoughts and prayers." Points can be made but the question remains, why weren't Fire and Police included? If Republicans were all about saving money and public union busting... Republicans left two of the biggest ones out. No negotiations either. Not even a Mini Act 10. Whether it is going to be with Evers or sometime in the future, if teachers get back some of what was taken from them, the Republicans need to only look at the exclusions of those two other unions.
My guess is that they knew there would be backlash and it would be too many fronts to battle at once.  Things like WEA Trust ripping off Wisconsin taxpayers was an easy sell to voters, so they took an easy win

My guess is that they knew there would be backlash and it would be too many fronts to battle at once.  Things like WEA Trust ripping off Wisconsin taxpayers was an easy sell to voters, so they took an easy win
Republicans took a principled stance and attacked one out of three principled unions. Seems odd to claim to be principled but then so unprincipled. An "easy sell" based on all kinds of wrong. Republicans will have nothing to complain about when the Dems right the ship. Belling and company can go suck on an egg.

Users who are viewing this thread