What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (8 Viewers)

Bruce Prichard has been hired back by TNA. Hopefully doesnt affect his podcasting. Doubt it will considering they tape only a handful times/yr now.

Pray it doesnt lead to his podcast talking about TNA wrestling current product every week.

I would actually disagree with this, I thought that segment was pretty bad. Miz has been money for close to a year, but this felt phoned in by  both he and Cena. Miz verbally destroyed Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler, but as Cena pointed out this was pretty much the paint-by-numbers heel promo against Cena, which Cena then responded to with the lazy paint-by-numbers Cena promo.

This could be a good feud, there is a ton to work with, and Miz is doing better work than ever, but this was a lackluster start in my eyes. 
I enjoyed it.  Miz seemed to play the role of every internet crybaby that complains about how their favorite wrestler is held back by Cena and his supposed back stage politics.  I don't know if it's new ground, but it worked for me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed it.  Miz seemed to play the role of every internet crybaby that complains about how their favorite wrestler is held back by Cena and his supposed back stage politics.  I don't know if it's new ground, but it worked for me. 
Fair enough. I just feel like Miz didn't say anything really different than AJ Styles spent half of 2016 saying, or Kevin Owens spent much of 2015 saying, or what, in the best feud of Cena's career, CM Punk in 2011 often said. It was like listening to a cover band's cover of a cover. If they keep going to this same well in all of these feuds, at some point Cena either has to basically just say the other person is right and he has done all those things people have griped about, which wouldn't necessarily have to be a heel turn, or people are going to have to be more original.  

Frankly, I found Cena's brief interlude with James Ellsworth to be a superior segment. There is a lot of mileage to righteous bully Cena, if they ever ran with it. 

Jack Swagger has been granted his release by WWE per his interview with Chael Sonnen

Apparently will try hand at MMA and still wrestle.

TNA notes:

* Bruce Pritchard brings in Alberto Del Rio and immediately gets a World title match against Lashley. He wins controversially and BP gives the belt back to Lashley. 

* Hardys offer to drop the belts on TV since they're leaving, but TNA says nah. We'll just have a 4 team tournament- with a reconstituted LAX! :lmao:   

* Drew Galloway leaves after being offered a lucrative contract at the 11th hour. He's now a free agent. 

* All references to TNA have been removed except for their online shop. Their titles are referred to generically as "World title", "X Division title", etc. Speculation is that it'll become... GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING!! :lmao: :lmao:

* There's now an owl in their logo.

TNA notes:

* Bruce Pritchard brings in Alberto Del Rio and immediately gets a World title match against Lashley. He wins controversially and BP gives the belt back to Lashley. 

* Hardys offer to drop the belts on TV since they're leaving, but TNA says nah. We'll just have a 4 team tournament- with a reconstituted LAX! :lmao:   

* Drew Galloway leaves after being offered a lucrative contract at the 11th hour. He's now a free agent. 

* All references to TNA have been removed except for their online shop. Their titles are referred to generically as "World title", "X Division title", etc. Speculation is that it'll become... GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING!! :lmao: :lmao:

* There's now an owl in their logo.
:lmao:  Read the spoilers. And well, it sounds like a Jeff Jarrett ran rasslin show.

They've been trying to ditch the TNA name for years and years. Didn't happen then. Won't happen now. They'll always be referenced as TNA. Just wonderful they're rebooting and pushing a 40 year old WWE guy to the top over their champ that should be unbeatable until they find an up and coming guy. 

And I agree, only a matter of time til they're branded GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING. Can't wait til the GF-Dub chants. Nevermind, they're still at Universal in Orlando..... :lmao:  

I can't imagine why anyone is sinking money into this thing. (that includes Corgan when he did). Or how Jarrett swindles these idiots into buying into it.

Supposedly Matt Morgan and Chris Masters will be on their tapings this weekend. I'm sure Magnus is to follow (or will also be appearing)

I actually like(d) Morgan. The guy is a good talker. He just can't cut a promo to save his life. Guy always sounds like he's giving a speech inside of cutting a promo. At least he looks like a professional wrestler. Still not sure you want to reboot a company with a 40 year old but I'll give benefit of the doubt as the guy is a monster physically.

Magnus is a decent heel guy to have with a good look. I'm pretty sure he's still relatively young as well.

I know Masters is a "GFW guy" :lmao:  Really haven't paid that much attention since he got off the juice. The whole Masterpiece stuff really flatlined when he was (suddenly) smaller than some of his opponents :lmao:   

Hardys just won the Ring of Honor tag titles and announced they signed the largest deal in RoH history afterwards.

Good move on their part, IMO. They can probably have a lot more influence over their characters now and that WWE schedule won't render them obsolete...OBSOLETE...anytime soon because they're not spring chickens anymore.

Oh man, today's the big day!!  My son was up a little after 5am and can barely sit still.  He is more excited than I have seen him in forever.  This will be a blast, but I am sure he is going to be dragging ### at school tomorrow.  (He also wrote a note to his teacher on Friday telling her what he is doing today and apologizing in advance for being tired during class tomorrow.)

Hardys just won the Ring of Honor tag titles and announced they signed the largest deal in RoH history afterwards.

Good move on their part, IMO. They can probably have a lot more influence over their characters now and that WWE schedule won't render them obsolete...OBSOLETE...anytime soon because they're not spring chickens anymore.
I'm surprised the put the belts on them at a glorified house show rather than on 4/1 on PPV. 

Regardless, Hardys signing with ROH is huge. I'm looking forward to seeing them wrestle Bullet Club and Rappongi Vice. 

This is a Raw/Smackdown skit and they are doing it on a PPV??

i am glad I have the Network and didn't actually pay full value for this. 

Rumor was KO and Goldberg would be a quick match. They don't want Goldberg pushing it until 'Mania.

Sure seems like that will be the case sitting here at 10:40.

Poor KO buried. What an awful show start to finish tonight. Raw is AWFUL. 
In a vacuum, CW title match, Braun v Roman and Universal title match were all fun. Contextually, I understand the complaints. Gallagher and Neville rose above the rest tonight; the division is beginning to draw some reactions, I'm hoping they can all make it work.

Terrible show that got worse after Joe/Zayn and then even worse after Nevile/Gallagher..Not to mention they gave away the matches before they began.

Stephanie "Mick, make sure women's and men's title matches go off w/o a hitch" ... screw job giveaways

Michael Cole : "Nia Jax has never been pinned before" "Braun Strowman has never been pinned before"

Neville was your Fastlane MVP by a mile. Nice to see the cruiserweight division actually get a PPV shine. That was easily the best match on the card. 

Reigns/Strowman was ok, although it had the same problems almost every Reigns match has. Strowman continues to look awesome, he was flying around the ring. 

Joe/Zayn was ok, but like 10% of the match they are capable of. Would have liked to see that match go another 10 minutes. Could have easily cut the Cesaro/Jinder match, or cut a few minutes from Reigns/Strowman, which it could have used anyway.

Are people enjoying this Goldberg revival? For me personally, its awful. Goldberg is the Universal champion and has spent about 3 minutes more in the ring than any of us have over the last 12 years. Does adding a second rate title(it clearly is) to a match that was hot garbage 13 years ago really interest anybody? 

People talk about flippy dudes, who have a bunch of choreographed moves ruining or exposing the business, but the real problem is and always has been putting titles on 40+ year olds who are out of breath walking to the ring. 

If Bray is going to win at WM, I really want him to go on last as the true headliner. Just seems like a great last image in a dark stadium lit up by fireflies.

But, Brock/Goldberg. :/

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Terrible show that got worse after Joe/Zayn and then even worse after Nevile/Gallagher..Not to mention they gave away the matches before they began.

Stephanie "Mick, make sure women's and men's title matches go off w/o a hitch" ... screw job giveaways

Michael Cole : "Nia Jax has never been pinned before" "Braun Strowman has never been pinned before"

Already dreading all the ####### HORRIBLE "comedy" by hosts New Day at Mania. Please Please Please Please don't have them on 12 segments on Mania. Have them say Welcome to Mania and #### off for the night. it's not funny to anyone. They supposedly are there to "cater to kids" .....but then do a cringe worthy repeat of the Oscars messup. Just stop. If you want to do funny, go have Big E out there unscripted.

This was not a good show. Pretty telling when the only "THIS IS AWESOME" chant is during a 205Live match.

Granted, that 205Live match (Neville/Gallagher) was pretty legit. But yeah, this show was a giant advertisement for Smackdown. Raw bites.

Well, at least they didn't COMPLETELY bury Owens.  He can at least claim it was the Jericho distraction that allowed it to happen.  Unlike Lesnar, he probably doesn't lose much credibility from the quick loss.  But the whole storyline is annoying.  50 year old guy more than a decade removed from competition is the champ after what...3 minutes of ring time? I can't remember a more "blah" title change.   

I did enjoy the cruiserweight match.  I really like Gallagher's character, and Neville brings some credibility to that division.  Still not really into it though, save for those 2. 

I really liked the Reigns vs Strowman match.  It wasn't a technical masterpiece, but it was fun and gives Reigns a nice boost heading into WM where we assume he'll fight the Undertaker.  What Reigns lacks in verbal expression he makes up for with facial expression and body language.  The "what do I have to do to keep this guy down" look was perfect.

But overall a pretty lackluster show. 

Not to mention they gave away the matches before they began.

This drives me nuts.  They could not make it any more obvious.  They also do that thing where the champion gets pinned in a tag match or non title match on the TV show the week before the PPV giving that wrestler "momentum" going into the PPV.  It's almost a guarantee the wrestler who has "momentum" will lose in the PPV.  I think that happened with Enzo and Cass this time.  Do they think we still fall for that? 

Brock vs Goldberg really needed the title in the mix?  
Not at all. 

Already dreading all the ####### HORRIBLE "comedy" by hosts New Day at Mania. Please Please Please Please don't have them on 12 segments on Mania. Have them say Welcome to Mania and #### off for the night. it's not funny to anyone. They supposedly are there to "cater to kids" .....but then do a cringe worthy repeat of the Oscars messup. Just stop. If you want to do funny, go have Big E out there unscripted.
I would guess something in between like 3-5 shots of them throughout the show lasting just a few minutes each time.  Maybe 20 minutes total?  In a 4+ hour it shouldn't be too obnoxious.  I hope.  :oldunsure:

Awesome awesome show, we had fantastic seats, much better than I thought they were going to be.  Son loved every minute of it!  Yeah, I have the same complaints you guys have with a lot of the booking last night, but being there at my first show with my son mitigated ALL of that when we were in the moment.  Totally marked out for the Jericho "run-out."  I mean that that point we knew based on the time of night that we weren't getting any semblance of real match so I was willing to accept the gift of Jericho.  I drank it in maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!  

Why they are throwing the belt to Goldberg when there is no reason to have the belt involved in his match with Lesnar is beyond me.  

News flash here, the crowd HATES Reigns, no surprise there.  Thing is, dude can really wrestle a match but man the booking is bad.  Didn't like his no-sell of the Strohman's (previously) protected finisher, into a #######ed table no less.  

Why end Charlotte's streak at a B level PPV?  I assume that is getting reversed by Stephanie tonight due to Sasha's interference which the ref should have called.

So yeah, objectively, RAW sucks, and the booking sucks, but man we had a fantastic night anyway.

Ok I can't let the Reigns Strowman match go lol.  Why.  Why do you spend the time building Strowman for a year or whatever, especially the last number of months with the destruction of jobbers and Sami... why do you squander that by feeding him to Reigns with a clean pin?  Dude had been merc'ing everyone.  Never been pinned. OHWAITLOLSUPERREIGNS goodnight!  

I mean, the rumor is Reigns and Taker at WM right?  So how the #### do you not have a Taker interference to DQ Reigns?  I mean this writes itself doesn't it?!  Now you have the story for WM. Reigns needs revenge.  He can retire Taker at WM and Vince can splooge all over himself.  At the same time Braun keeps his heat and his streak intact and they can keep moving him forward.  I don't really think this loss kills Strowman, he looked great throughout the match, but I just don't see why pinning him clean was the right call.

HellToupee said:
Very nice entrance by Nia Jax tonight :wub:
My great aunt Ruth was built like Nia Jax. She was a farm girl; later on, she had her own bar where she was the bartender and bouncer. When great aunt Ruth decided to cut you off, you were cut off. If you protested, she would do to them like she would do to the numerous 5'6" 150 pound dudes she used as romantic playthings, she would grab them by the scruff of the neck and the seat of their pants and throw them out. If she was kind, she may have opened the door first.

Jeremy said:
This drives me nuts.  They could not make it any more obvious.  They also do that thing where the champion gets pinned in a tag match or non title match on the TV show the week before the PPV giving that wrestler "momentum" going into the PPV.  It's almost a guarantee the wrestler who has "momentum" will lose in the PPV.  I think that happened with Enzo and Cass this time.  Do they think we still fall for that? 

Not at all. 
They probably needed to do this; otherwise you'd have a WM without a world title match as your main event.

Ok I can't let the Reigns Strowman match go lol.  Why.  Why do you spend the time building Strowman for a year or whatever, especially the last number of months with the destruction of jobbers and Sami... why do you squander that by feeding him to Reigns with a clean pin?  Dude had been merc'ing everyone.  Never been pinned. OHWAITLOLSUPERREIGNS goodnight!
You do all that to put Reigns over to be the next Cena for a decade to come.  When they put the belt on him again, they don't want tons of people talking about how he's not good enough or not ready to lead the company.

GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG

I want to see him punk out Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania. It's really your marquee matchup besides Undertaker and the Rock.

Unless you can get Stone Cold back. That would be HUGE.

Users who are viewing this thread