What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (12 Viewers)

Reading it was Vince's idea that it makes Seth look strong and Fiend an unstoppable force. Backstage reaction similar to fans online. ANoter called it a COPOUT by VKM and other noting Seth was already getting boos by fans and reminds people Bray never wins big matches.

A buddy of mind referred to it as Bull#### and people inside are worried about the state of Vince. Saying this is not something Vince would do at the start of a war and this isn't something you'd have seen him sign off on during the Attitude era. 

Toss up for between which was worse: HIAC ending or whatever the #### they're doing with Gable.

Unbelievable they think this shorty shlt will get him over. He was the obvious pick to be Angle's "son" a couple years ago. Same stature and wrestling backgrounds. But he really should have kept his hair long. He looks like Ted Dibiase Jr.'s equally as bland younger, smaller brother. Time to push him was a couple years ago. Now he's just perceived as a guy that they've had no idea what to do with that's done nothing but job and some atrocious Bobby Roode wannabe gimmick. This shorty shlt is dead in the water.

Found it funny I was on Twitter earlier today and #cancelwwenetwork was trending :lmao:  

Best way for them to get past the terrible finish is to directly address it. Easiest way is to interview the ref and have Wyatt attack him. Make the ref a puppet or have his picture framed on wall thereafter on FIrefly Funhouse.
It's GREAT #### GUYS!!! so said VKM

I'll watch RAW but I'm watching from a free stream tonight. Only keeping the Network so I can watch some of the Old stuff and ECW stuff. 

How did HIAC end? What was so bad?
I didn't see it but what I understand is you had a no disqualification match where two guys were beating the heck out of each other with weapons, but for some reason, Seth had a weapon and the ref called for the bell for some reason because of said weapon being used. Who knows? 

Have they announced any matches for Allahween Havoc on the 31st in Saudi Arabia??

Don't think anyone wants to see them go down the Goldberg road again. Heard rumors of possibility of Edge. Terry Bollea's getting his 12th back surgery and gearing up for one final run too, brother.

Friendly reminder REAL WRESTLING with Great storylines and action is on tonight on TNT AEW at 8PM Bucks vs Private Party start the Tag Tourney off

Jericho's Stable:

Sammy Guevara

Santana and Ortiz LAX (says he Personally recruited them)

Jake Hager (Jericho says We the People Sucks and bad and dead and buried. Was an idea from stupid creative and its all gone) 

Jericho Himself

Dam Jericho is taking shot after shot at WWE right now Hot Dam 

Jericho's Stable THE INNER CIRCLE 

I'd go next week to AEW but it's a 40 min public transit ride from my house and not many people I know are going or did NJPW instead of this. It's also in such a bad neighborhood even though its on the Temple University Campus, the area is so terrible. The recent National Televised Police shootout with the suspect they took in was a 7 min drive from the arena. Just to give people an idea where the area is. Other universities in the city urge their own students don't even travel to the area unless they have to which shows you how bad it is. Not sure why AEW couldn't have gotten a better location. Yes it sold out but I'm sure theres fans who would've tried and bought tickets had the event been in a better area. 

I'd go next week to AEW but it's a 40 min public transit ride from my house and not many people I know are going or did NJPW instead of this. It's also in such a bad neighborhood even though its on the Temple University Campus, the area is so terrible. The recent National Televised Police shootout with the suspect they took in was a 7 min drive from the arena. Just to give people an idea where the area is. Other universities in the city urge their own students don't even travel to the area unless they have to which shows you how bad it is. Not sure why AEW couldn't have gotten a better location. Yes it sold out but I'm sure theres fans who would've tried and bought tickets had the event been in a better area. 
ehh, you'll be fine. guarantee it will be just fine there, gang violence and pro wrestling won't mix. no need.

Surprised it isn't in the old ECW arena that they would try and sell the feel of that, but i think this show would be well worth it. 

ehh, you'll be fine. guarantee it will be just fine there, gang violence and pro wrestling won't mix. no need.

Surprised it isn't in the old ECW arena that they would try and sell the feel of that, but i think this show would be well worth it. 
I'm just not going there by myself is all I'm saying. I was fine in ECW Arena area which isn't great area but I also know the area really well and have friends. I'm just not going out that late to an event in Temple at that time of night leaving after 10. Even a co worker said he wouldn't go to th area

I'm just not going there by myself is all I'm saying. I was fine in ECW Arena area which isn't great area but I also know the area really well and have friends. I'm just not going out that late to an event in Temple at that time of night leaving after 10. Even a co worker said he wouldn't go to th area
i see 90 pound white females there all around. Temple has done well, they bought up a bunch and have twice the security force than any other university/college in the city. 

to be honest i work in that area from time to time, and my wife does too. she was on the block of that shoot-out 3 days earlier at a home visit for client. Definitely not the best, but also definitely not the worse. 

if i can guarantee one thing though, there will be plenty of cops around. Philly doesn't need any kind of black eye, they do a good job making sure none of the gun violence leaks over to the citizens

Last edited by a moderator:
i see 90 pound white femailes there all around. Temple has done well, they bought up a bunch and have twice the security force than any other university/college in the city
For good reason. I'm not saying its Camden by any means or other areas. Just not comfortable going there alone. I'm not as familiar with that area as I'm other parts of the city or other parts of the suburbs. Upper Darby is getting bad but I also use to live in the area and part of my Job is potentially going to be in Upper Darby working at the ACME there on and off. It's about 5 min walk from my old house too. If I have someone who wants to go and grab tickets for next Wednesday then I'd probably go. Ticks on Stubhub are like $6 for upper level and if I can weasel a buddy of mine who's not a big fans to go he might. He casually watched back in the day so he's know who Dustin is and Jericho at the least so if I can get him to go I will

i see 90 pound white females there all around. Temple has done well, they bought up a bunch and have twice the security force than any other university/college in the city. 

to be honest i work in that area from time to time, and my wife does too. she was on the block of that shoot-out 3 days earlier at a home visit for client. Definitely not the best, but also definitely not the worse. 

if i can guarantee one thing though, there will be plenty of cops around. Philly doesn't need any kind of black eye, they do a good job making sure none of the gun violence leaks over to the citizens
Also I'd have seriously thought about going if I had a car right now too by myself. At least I could get in and out. For me it's more about public transit and where I live to take an uber from there to home and vise versa is over $60. Public might take longer but with my keycard thats a lot less If the Uber/Lyft wasn't so expensive I'd do it in a heart beat 

For good reason. I'm not saying its Camden by any means or other areas. Just not comfortable going there alone. I'm not as familiar with that area as I'm other parts of the city or other parts of the suburbs. Upper Darby is getting bad but I also use to live in the area and part of my Job is potentially going to be in Upper Darby working at the ACME there on and off. It's about 5 min walk from my old house too. If I have someone who wants to go and grab tickets for next Wednesday then I'd probably go. Ticks on Stubhub are like $6 for upper level and if I can weasel a buddy of mine who's not a big fans to go he might. He casually watched back in the day so he's know who Dustin is and Jericho at the least so if I can get him to go I will
for that price i may see i can gather some old men and head there myself. i will let you know if i do. 

and to be honest, there are definitely bad areas in the city, but it is really just being smart and should be no issues. dudes there don't want any trouble either (as opposed to the burbs where you can run into some dudes looking for trouble). Guys there want to go about their business hope everyone just minds their own. taking the subway there may be best bet

Watched begin and end of AEW and thought was pretty good. Good unscripted promos and a show that builds to something happening the following week.

Didn't tune into NXT and probably won't. Tired of everything current day WWE. Just read the results and doesn't sound like missed anything at all.

Really liked the 1st episode of NWA Power that was brought to my attention. Getting rave reviews. And a simple old school look for a 1 hour show  :thumbup:   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aegl1dWAT_8

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched begin and end of AEW and thought was pretty good. Good unscripted promos and a show that builds to something happening the following week.

Didn't tune into NXT and probably won't. Tired of everything current day WWE. Just read the results and doesn't sound like missed anything at all.

Really liked the 1st episode of NWA Power that was brought to my attention. Getting rave reviews. And a simple old school look for a 1 hour show  :thumbup:   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aegl1dWAT_8
Was wondering when that first episode would area was curious to watch 

Jericho's Stable:

Sammy Guevara

Santana and Ortiz LAX (says he Personally recruited them)

Jake Hager (Jericho says We the People Sucks and bad and dead and buried. Was an idea from stupid creative and its all gone) 

Jericho Himself

Dam Jericho is taking shot after shot at WWE right now Hot Dam 

Jericho's Stable THE INNER CIRCLE 
I love Jake Hager but good heavens is he a charisma vacuum! He stood there in the ring like a zombie at parade rest formation...it brought back my days in Air Force ROTC in college and how I probably looked. :shudder:

Pro Wrestling Tees said on social media that demand for the Inner Circle tee shirts crashed their website.  But Jericho's not over...

But Jericho's not over...
Jericho is timeless.  He's a great performer and an even better promoter.  He is always on top of his game.  Every time he has the mic, it's a must listen.  One of my favorites is from back in WCW when he's rattling off his list of 1000 moves and every other one is "Arm-bar".  Still makes me laugh to this day.  On tv it was hilarious.  To be in the crowd and listen to him prattle on for 10min (thru a commercial break) would have been epic.

Notes from Dynamite:

>> Dave Meltzer said it best: "Chris Jericho knows how to be a superstar." I think Jericho might be able to get over just about anyone that works with him, which is an unmatched talent to have when you're starting a first-time promotion on national television.

>> They need to get Kenny Omega over quick, or he's going to be left in the dust. I love the guy, but he hasn't come across that well the first two weeks of TV. I've heard that the dark match he had with Janela last night is completely nuts; they need him to do some of that good wrestlestuff on live TV.

>> I'm glad Private Party got such a fantastic showcase; they are mega-talented. It seems very clear now that the Lucha Bros will beat the Dark Order in the finals of the tag team tournament to become the first AEW tag champions. I really hope Lucha Bros vs Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy is a killer match, as I legitimately think Jurassic Express can be total stars for little kids.

>> Darby Allin's skateboard ambush has the potential to be a totally iconic spot for the young promotion. Mark my words, if AEW finds success, you'll see that clip for years to come.

>>AEW's X factor is its crowd. Their fervor will instantly make AEW seem legit to new viewers. To keep them hot, AEW has a tall task ahead of them; they have to keep an exciting, yet somewhat comfortable feel to their home viewers while pushing an original, cutting-edge show to their live audience. Perhaps putting on incredible dark matches is the solution.

Jericho is timeless.  He's a great performer and an even better promoter.  He is always on top of his game.  Every time he has the mic, it's a must listen.  One of my favorites is from back in WCW when he's rattling off his list of 1000 moves and every other one is "Arm-bar".  Still makes me laugh to this day.  On tv it was hilarious.  To be in the crowd and listen to him prattle on for 10min (thru a commercial break) would have been epic.
Oh, I agree, most definitely. Even Missy Hyatt was putting him over on twitter last night about how he continuously reinvents himself.   (She also replied to me...yeah, boy!)

>> They need to get Kenny Omega over quick, or he's going to be left in the dust. I love the guy, but he hasn't come across that well the first two weeks of TV. I've heard that the dark match he had with Janela last night is completely nuts; they need him to do some of that good wrestlestuff on live TV.

Perhaps putting on incredible dark matches is the solution.

I didn't see it mentioned in here, but AEW posts their dark matches as a 1 hour show on youtube on Tuesdays.  AEW Dark.

How did HIAC end? What was so bad?
They called a DQ....in a HIAC. That’s all that really needs to be said.

If I really wanted to add on, I could mention that Rollins had already about 20 pounds of weapons he was using over Bray’s face. Also, why couldn’t the ref had just called a match stoppage a la Bret/Stone Cold instead of needing to disqualify the guy in a no DQ match? The whole thing was just absurd.

Notes from Dynamite:

>> Dave Meltzer said it best: "Chris Jericho knows how to be a superstar." I think Jericho might be able to get over just about anyone that works with him, which is an unmatched talent to have when you're starting a first-time promotion on national television.

>> I'm glad Private Party got such a fantastic showcase; they are mega-talented. It seems very clear now that the Lucha Bros will beat the Dark Order in the finals of the tag team tournament to become the first AEW tag champions. I really hope Lucha Bros vs Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy is a killer match, as I legitimately think Jurassic Express can be total stars for little kids.

>> Darby Allin's skateboard ambush has the potential to be a totally iconic spot for the young promotion. Mark my words, if AEW finds success, you'll see that clip for years to come.

>>AEW's X factor is its crowd. Their fervor will instantly make AEW seem legit to new viewers. To keep them hot, AEW has a tall task ahead of them; they have to keep an exciting, yet somewhat comfortable feel to their home viewers while pushing an original, cutting-edge show to their live audience. Perhaps putting on incredible dark matches is the solution.
Don't worry Dave they have AEW Dark on YouTube every Tuesday night!!!!! 

I heard from people there it was an insane match 

Jericho is legit one of the best ever.   He can do it all - be a great face, a great heel, always puts on great matches, great at promos, etc.  

Codi Rhoads did an interview with Joe Cronin Show on Tuesday as AEW was in BOSTON. Joe was at the show and next weeks AEW Dark you might baeable hear Cronin yell Back down Janella during the Omega/Janella match.

Either Way Joe asked Codi about AEW Chants at HIAC PPV. Codi mentioned it was flattering and fans just voicing what they want however he wasn't knocking the match itself. He said he knew for a fact one of the wrestlers in the match was legit Concussed (This could explain the stoppage as well. DO to Bray at RAW getting involved after RAW ended one would guess Seth wasn't on TV do to a possible concussion. Right now Seth is one on one with Roman winners brand gets first pick Friday. Either way here's the full interview. Codi and Brandi both talk AEW, Codi talks about the shows coming up, possible mid card title, Brandi talks about the Sensory stuff and women, both talk what they are looking forward too, AEW Chants at WWE PPV,  Stats for wrestlers in AEW, AEW outside the US (Khan big part of London UK and Jericho and Omega being from Canada doing shows up there) and COdi talks about liking people in the buisness coming to him asking for jobs. Talks story of Paul Heyman sneaking into a production meeting as a photographer that Dusty was in and Dusty letting him stay. Tedy Long doing Usher work then ring work to being a ref. Basically goes into he appreciates that kind of will. Another interesting topic early is of people getting into wrestling who weren't already because of AEW and how Codi was surprised they didn't take in more of the old school fans who may have left after 2000-01. Codi also talks Star Trek. With many hats what can they do better. 

Codi and Brandi interview

Always loved Jericho on the mic.  Even after he took the fall to set up the rock for his long history of mic smack.  Great voice for the industry.

I love Jake Hager but good heavens is he a charisma vacuum! He stood there in the ring like a zombie at parade rest formation...it brought back my days in Air Force ROTC in college and how I probably looked. :shudder:
I mean, that's what he's supposed to do... be the silent badass enforcer of the group.  

interesting stat, Jericho’s the Inner Circle is the first ever faction he’s ever been a part of. Longest stretch of a main eventer not being part of a faction in all major wrestling companies.

LOL WWE just did the whole Kane comes out from the ring with a hole in the ring segment with Fiend and Rollins. Where have I seen that before? Oh yeah Smackdown like 8 yrs ago I believe 

Jesus Fox is taking this "lets turn WWE into a sports like contest" a little too seriously. We got FOX AND USA WAR ROOMS FOR THE DRAFT!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread